LegionHero
File Details
Map Size: 300x300 (Medium)
Difficulty: Hard
Made with version: 1.2
Minimap:
PROVISION FOR THE WINTER
Please comment and rate

The arrival of winter is shortly , and the village stocks are still empty. It 'been a tough year, marked by famine and epidemics. Many residents were killed, and the castle has been depleted. The walls were replaced by wooden palisades, which require a lower cost of maintenance. The outer wall has been demolished to use its stones to build a church. Many now rely on God to overcome the hardships of winter. The situation is really desperate. It's up to you, in the role of village head, protect your people and to accumulate the required resources within the time available. What's more, you'll have to deal with two bitter enemies: a witch and a nearby village. In that village the situation is like in yours, but their leader has decided to steal your supplies to feed its people. You must not allow it. As for the witch once lived in the village, but was expelled when the residents discovered his powers. Now she wants revenge: he will try to stop you in every way. Will cause famine and epidemic, damage crops and kindle a fire. Fight his magic and save your people.

OBJECTIVES
(Normal difficulty)
-200 ale
-200 pitch

The game begins in January 1066 and ends in January 1086.

To earn the ale there are no problems, belonging to the witch. For the pitch is a bit different: the only two ways that lead to these deposits are occupied by bandits. Free the road and build more platforms as possible. But be careful because the enemies will appear very close, by two signs. You have to find the most effective way to protect your deposits and your crops.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
peter2008 Downloaded. Interesting minimap.
Lord_of_Hell I have to say "wow" :)
This is a HIGHLY creative map, with original aspects implemented in the landscape in a very professional way.
It is also more balanced than your previous maps.

Good work. I'll play it a couple of more times then write a review. :)
LegionHero
File Author
This map took a little longer than others, but from your comments I see that it was worth it
peter2008 Hey, the map is great and promising.
A real "eco-inavsion" in that the player has to defend his vulnerable village and as well needs a boom-town to train troops and build up the castle.
The landscape has been done with dedication and love for details. Saw a bush on a lonely green tile within the tasty swamp. Mixed forests.
And many funny eye-candy farms and walls make playing/ living there exciting.

The map itself is named CoD chapter VII only.
No in-game description/ story welcomes the player.

Here's a problem with gameplay:
The eastern deposit of pitch is located too close to the signpost (rather the signpost during editor work), so rigs cannot be placed there.
I deleted the northern stockpile but left the central one. In December 1079, I had collected the 200 ale, but only 90 pitch, with fear factor -5. 374 ale (with full consumption of some 180 people) and about 130 pitch in the end.
So, the map cannot be won on Normal level without relocating the stockpile close to the ford, and it does not appear winable on Very hard.

More numbers: 30 water bearers, 30+ kilo gold. Lol, Crusader dimensions.
Trained tons of spearmen to catch the invasions and bandits - poor guys (the soldiers).

[Edited on 07/29/11 @ 09:16 AM]

LegionHero
File Author
The name of the map was a mistake ... I had initially thought of as the seventh chapter of my saga, but then I let it go, I just forgot to change the name. For eye-candy, it took a while, but they add a touch of class. If you find it too hard I can change a little distance from the sign ...
LegionHero
File Author
I made ​​a small change, it is now possible to build 7 pitch rig, I hope it is enough to improve the playability of the map ...
Lord_of_Hell
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 4
Indeed the updated version improved the playability a bit, but certain strong aspects are affecting the overall gameplay. The events seem to occur around the invasions, although their realism should count as well. Can a king have a marriage when the castle is under attack? How does the traveling fair arrives if the routes are full of invasions? Of course, that is more of a subjective issue. The big starting fire which arrived together with the first invasion had no realism problems, yet it was more destructive than I expected. A pre-placed well canceled the standard warning that a fire will break through. Even so, knowing about the existence of that fire, some buildings are good as dead, like some bakeries or hovels.

On another hand, it is very entertaining to see how the small valley becomes a large running village with only a couple of tasks requested. The score is not only reflected in the events and gameplay but also on difficulty, which was a bit over a normal.

Balance: 4
The scenario is a bit unbalanced due to the excess of invasion forces and impossibility to win on very hard. But not because it's "very hard" but because no matter what I do, the king is good as lost. Excellent economy skills as well as very good military tricks are needed to win the map on Normal, not to mention on Hard. Relocating the stockpile is a must, for a quicker delivery, else the goods would travel too slow.

Creativity: 5
The author has shown an incredible care for details, mainly able to be seen in the terrain.
Tricks have been used to create very unique-looking farming areas and the common siege tower offer a better view of the mines.
Beyond that, the story, despite of its lack of details, was a very creative piece of work.

Map Design: 5
I had some reasons for not giving a 5 but I believe they are more related to the particular mapmaking style of everyone than to the natural look of things. I personally think one of the roads had some quite straight edges, and the marsh looked improvable somehow. And certainly, use of many design tricks doesn't assure a 5 in the map design, but you actually used them correctly and very creative. A great-looking valley, some very good hills and a river going down.

Story/Instructions: 4
As mentioned before, the story is a creative piece of work but lacks in details and it is very well improvable. Other than that, an excellent job.
LegionHero
File Author
4.4 Wow! Thanks for the positive review. I knew that this map was better than previous, but I did not think at this point!
Lord_of_Hell If you keep paying attention to details and playtest your maps well enough, I'm sure you'll improve even more:)
LegionHero
File Author
Everything can be improved. As Woody Allen said,

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown