-Meat 125
-Wooden Planks 250
-Stone 200
-Population 201+
-100% Ale Coverage
-50% Blessed
-Keep Enclosed

The Story:
The city of Lenroy is a fictional city. It would have existed in the place of Mersin in Southern Turkey.

You are the loved war hero and also regent of the city. You pay tribute to the Holy Roman Emperor every ten years so that you may continue to be legally in charge of the city. Although the surfing contests in your city are no longer allowed because of all the beer cans floating into Athens, you must please your people and pay the tribute. If you are too late paying the tribute, then a messenger from the HRE will come and let you know you just the game, you mad bro?

However, this tribute is different. Plague is arriving with Byzantine ships as well as Xboxs, so your men are paying less attention in their duty to stop plagued people from entering the city. Your advisers suggest setting quarantine zones, or at least some hospitals, that way when the plague victims start shambling around you can have a good place to start shooting a zombie movie.

After finishing a Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking, you decide that it would super cool if you could somehow split the atom and nuke the next town over, not because you hate them, but just because it would be super cool. Your men acquire much plutonium from Iranians who are passing through, and because the U.N. and NATO don't exist, you easily start your own nuclear weapons program. You soon have your own bomb, so you tell your men to fling it into the neighboring city. Your engineers rig up the biggest slingshot in history and proceed to prime the bomb. On his way to inspect the process, your head engineer assures you that the slingshot can 'get that bugger at least 400 yards away. Nothing can destroy more than 300 yards away. Trust me, I got a degree from an online community college.'

Needless to say, the whole town and the engineering team are vaporized, but the cap bearing one of the city's insignias blows in the wind all the way to the Crusader states. They find out it was you who took all the xboxs they ordered from FedEx. The delivery people just so happened to be the diseased Byzantine sailors your men so kindly let into the city. While the crusaders are on their way, they realize that you destroyed your neighbor so they are doubly as enraged - mostly because they were going to use that town as a staging area.

As all of this is going on, some jester gives all the kids in Lenroy boxes of matches! It's too bad there aren't any public school recess teachers reminding the children of your city not to play with fire.

The stage is set for you maintain your economy and gather enough for the tribute in 18 game years while fending off the unorganized crusader armies.

Good luck!
-Hobbithole
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
SkullHeroLord Jesus!

You are throuing out nice looking maps like mad,man!

Make an eyecandy next!;)
Hobbithole
File Author
Eyecandy it shall be.. However, Ill upload it into invasions or econ probably that way people can play it still.
Hobbithole
File Author
this started out as an eyecandy.. i wanted to make a city that felt like a city rather than just a fortress with an unusually high population.
Lord_of_Hell Beautiful lands and castle my lord.

A few aspects to point out that concerns the balance:
- Overwhelming negative invasions. There's nothing one can do about the plagues. Also, the fire could be quite destructive in the beginning.
- Horse Archers messing around the walls instead of going through the conquered gate.
- Bandits fighting with invasions.
- Fairly easy to achieve goals like Gold and Stone. My suggestion is to remove the stone(since anyone can delete half of the castle) and increase the gold amount needed.
- Some positive events?

Other than those balancing issues, great map, keep them coming!
Hobbithole
File Author
the bandits fighting the invasions added to the hilarity of the map.. as for everything else.. yep. I will update!
Hobbithole
File Author
holy guacamole Batman. I can't believe I made a map of the week..
Lord_of_Hell Do your best and maybe you can be the first who has 2 maps of the week :P
Hobbithole
File Author
In a row or ever? :p
Lord_of_Hell Ever
peter2008 Am awaiting an update. :)
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account