The Christmas Fort

Author File Description
Adam the First
File Details
Map Size: 160x160 (Tiny)
Difficulty: Impossible
Made with version: 1.2
Minimap:
Greeting to the Strognhold Community once again! I haven't shown a lot of activity in the past months, but I wasn't away and watched how things develope and SHH becomes a much brighter place with its community rapidly growing. So, here is my contribution, a present I'm preparing for quite long, a map I never had the chance to release, but as Christmas arrived, I had the time to finish it:

The Christmas Fort

A cold and harsh winter struck Kryta in the first year after the glorious defeat of the White Mantle and establishment of the new Krytan kingdom with the lead of Queen Salma and the Shining Blade. However, most of the Peacekeepers bribed by Confessor Isaiah turned into crawling bandit groups and started to ransack villages, and the weakened army of Kryta cannot put an end steadily to this, the war really exhausted the Royal Treasury. So now, it is impossible to equip enough soldiers to do this, the only that can be done is to defend the villages and the people against the attackers. Sir Bartholos, the captain of the Shining Blade after the disappearance of Evennia, asked Nerubis, known by the title Legendary Guardian for help...

The story is based on names and events from the fanatsy univers of the MMO game Guild Wars. (The full story, as always, is in the ZIP file.) Hope you will like my little Christmas present for you, and enjoy the short scenario I've put into it. ;)

Note: True, The Christmas Fort is labeled impossible, however it means that the map is simply very hard and challenging to win.

Sincerly,
Adam the First

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
peter2008 Many thanks for this beautiful and intriguing holidays surprise.
It was over 40 downloads within two hours.

The pressure is tremendous from various limitations. Including space, though it feels grateful to notice that all relevant buildings fit in somewhere.
I've to admit that I could beat the map only after studying certain conditions and knew when to cause them.

Just one note, you allow training of archers while there is no way to provide bows.
Adam the First
File Author
Hmm that's strange, maybe I forgot it or soemthing. I heard about problems that sometimes the game doesn't turn down archers, I'll check and update. :)

By the way, thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you liked it. :)

[Edited on 12/26/11 @ 08:11 AM]

Lord_of_Hell Yep archers appear to be impossible to disable.
Fayez2010 I was considering that the new maps may have some holidays on Christmas but there is a different story. =)
Lord_of_Hell They do, but holidays also means free time for some people:)
Fayez2010 How did you get the full picture of Chapel in panorama inspite the chapel can't be seen in game from this angle.
Adam the First
File Author
This is possible only at 160x160 maps by hiding the tool bar. :)
Lord_of_Hell ... which is possible by pressing Tab as far as I remember.
FTCampea I love the design. Nice work.

I am going to test the gameplay :)
Grossen I think you miss-clicked when you selected the difficulty level. It should be set to Impossible.
Because i have no idea what im supposed to do with 3 swordsmen against two dozen macemen from the first minutes of the map.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:972
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:500.42 KB