STC2014 Castle of the Novice

Author File Description
Ircher
File Details
Map Size: 200x200 (Small)
Difficulty: Normal
Made with version: 1.2
Minimap:
You are new to the castle-building business, but you are eager to get started. With the King's blessings, you set out to begin a career in castle-defense. You and your men soon find a good, flat area of land with some good resources, so you decide to build in the wide flat area rather than the hill. You make yourself an inaccessable and inpenetrable fortress armed with a very small army that you were able to afford. Then, you await the day that someone will come and try to siege the castle...

Meanwhile a ruthless lord, having heard tales of this remote outpost, begs the King to give him a chance to test his sieging skills and the defensive capabilities of the castle. The king obliges and gives you 2000 gold to go train an army. Your mission (as the player) is to destroy the castle and as many of its defenders as you can while you avoid losing too many troops. Are you up to the challenge? (This is an abbreviated story as I'm submitting mobilely; full story inside background.txt).

This is my 2014 Siege-That ContestSubmission and I hope you will enjoy it. Included is the full background (background.txt) and a hints file (hints.txt), so good luck.

@Contest_Judges - I would prefer that ya'll do not read the hints file in interests of fair judging (hints would probably decrease the difficulty rating, and I don't want that.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
odiss3us I wasn't going to smash through those walls, so I bought 167 crossbowmen. Moved them close to the walls. Took out the tower machines at first, then everything else. It took a long time to whittle down the lord though, because the walls prevented crossbowmen from taking direct aim.

Castle score: 492
Legendary Raider
(id: avaget)
I did 200 macemen and smashed through the side wall and dug the moat, took 62% casualties but hey.. was quick and easy

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:779
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:482.29 KB
Added:11/22/14