Stronghold: Economic Scenarios » Supplying The King

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Supplying The King

Author File Description
Dianna125
File Details
Map Size: 200x200 (Small)
Difficulty: Normal
This is my first try at a map, after playing almost all of the maps in the Economic scenarios. I would love to get feedback, especially if something doesn't work. Thanks for downloading. Feel free to alter this map for your personal use, but please get permission from me before using it anywhere else.Updated 2/2/03Diannadianna125@hotmail.com
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Benthos I'm afraid I didn't enjoy this scenario.

Although the spatial distribution of resources is good for this small map, there are some strange unnatural looking elements that distracted me. There's only one place to put a keep, so your strategic options are limited. The overall goal of amassing a variety of goods is not new, that's what economic missions are for, so the rest of the scenario has to make it intereresting. So we have wolves and bandits and some fires. Some elements don't quite work, like the scribe saying that the shipment of weapons is due in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 years- when it isn't. Victory is not contingent on finishing by a certain date. Its very difficult to get going at first, and I needed a couple starts. that's the scanrio's only saving grace, in that it required some creative recycling and archer placement on my part to overcome the bandits and wolves. But In the end I finished it out of spite, rather than a true desire to win.
peter2008 Quote: "There's only one place to put a keep, so your strategic options are limited" - no, I found at least 4 spots for the keep, and these alter the tactics a lot. The PYOK beginning allows many game variants.
The beginning is especially dense. The small country is full of animals. Perhaps the best choice is to invest most of the initial wood into military buildings and get the first troops trained. While you want to search and clear the land, Wolf attacks and bandits keep you on your toes. The latter can do a substantial damage right because the map size is small. Luckily, trees for wood are close at hand. If you manage to defend your rudimentary economy you will finally be able to chase the bandits away.
As often, the further part of an eco scenario plays quite smoothly. Here, the landscape is very moved and varied, so I felt entertained in organizing the town, finding some nize hills for inns and chapels. On very hard, three quarters of the map were filled in the end.

[Edited on 04/01/09 @ 05:45 AM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:1,226
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:432.01 KB