Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Legends: Standard Skirmish Maps » Factions of Zin IV.5 Arthurs Camelot "NEW VERSION" as of 5-25-07

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Factions of Zin IV.5 Arthurs Camelot "NEW VERSION" as of 5-25-07

Author File Description
Psycho Jester
File Details
Map Size: Large
Number of Players: 3
Balance: Balanced
Difficulty: Very Hard
Minimap:
NEWEST VERSION IV.5

The war has been brought the the ruins of King Arthurs Camelot, with a few out lying estates still in tack the battle rages on.

Once again this map is designed to play as a siege in multi-player. The map looks the best if set up in multi-player as the map shows. But alot of peeps like to play Arthur (for the trebs).

MULTI-PLAYER GAME SET-UP according to mini-map layout
Setting up the map/game as Host:

1. AS DEFENDER DO NOT LEAVE THE CASTLE & SURROUNDING TOWN HALLS. ANOTHER WORDS STAY OUT OF ATTACKERS LAND.
(If playing people that do not know this map I usually state this at beginning of game) 1."I WILL NOT ENTER YOUR LAND" 2."I WILL ONLY DEFEND AND HARRASS" 3."ANYWHERE OUTSIDE YOUR ORIGINAL LAND, IS DANGEROUS

1.You have max troops and it would be to easy to defeat ATTACKERS (DONT RUIN THE BATTLE).
2.GOOD in Castle
3.ICE in upper left
4.EVIL in lower left

These are the hidden Defences: (I cannot tell locations for spoiling the map)
Alot of defenses are one time shots and can not be reproduced

1. 14 ice caves (for troop deployment and escape tunnels for your lord)
2. 3 siege camps (placed for support of front lines)
3. 4 fire wagons (placed to start pitch ditches)
4. Numerous Stake hurlers placed all over (these are only as good as long as they last, you can not reproduce)
5. Numerous Fire balitias placed in sniper positions (these are only as good as long as they last, you can not reproduce)
6. Handful of Ice giants (placed defensivly)
7. 100 white witches behind Keep(use them wisely)
A. I only use these against expert players, if playing against newer players I usually just delete them)
8. Pitch ditches that you cannot see (find the fire wagons)

SOME DEFENDER STRATS:
1. Claim the town halls for taxes. DO NOT MAKE THEM PRODUCE ANYTHING!!!
2.You have control of all gate houses and surrounding walls.(this is for access and manually operated defenses)
A. DO NOT REBUILD these gate houses and walls (it tends to P_SS people off, and then they quit) UNLESS YOU USE ENGINEERS GUILD
3. Only rebuild these against EXPERT players, to cut off troop supply lines.
4. Dont stay and fight to the last man, retreat and concentrate troops.
5. Try to use Ice caves away from battles so that attackers dont see where you come from
Castle building placement
1. Weapon producing buildings are best placed between Keep and Stock piles at top of hill (12 buildings between barracks and bridge)
7. watch for none producing food buildings, replace with smaller buildings.
8. Leather armourers 2 rows of 3 next to armoury
9. Room for 4 more iron mines and add a few oxen.
10.Candle makers by well coming out of iron pit.
11. 3 more stone quarries can be added.

This is by far my favorite map to play online WAIT A MINUTE !!! IT IS MY FAVORITE MAP FOR ANYTHING GOES BRING IT ON WAR. My new favorite is FoZ 2vs1 Siege

THIS IS THE FINAL VERSION

Dont be surprised if you meet me online and I have a newer version, I like to modify my maps, MWWWHAAAAaaaa
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
StoneBreaker hope that you make loads more

expect a rating by sat
SirWhiteWolf
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.5
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.5
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
(Nothing was wrong with it and it played pretty well. (Except that weird wall thing.)

Balance: 4.5
(For the most part, everythinig was balanced out well. However, you need to find something that will make it harder for the two people to build up their estates. Otherwise they will just wait till they're both ready to attack, and then double prong you. And then that's it, it's all over. Put more troops to guard the estates. Not ALOT of troops, but a fair amount.)

Creativity: 5
(I have never seen a map like it before! Excelent! I want more!!!)

Map Design: 4.5
(While the over all map-design was good (rocks, trees, cliffs, castles, and villages) the one thing that really irks me about maps is when either iron, stone or trees aren't natural
looking. everything besides the stone and iron looked good though. (Another thing that irks me is lack of creative detail, such as, no ground textures. You had this in your map however. The only reason I took points off was because I did see some patches of water that weren't flowing the right way, and also because the map didn't look very natural.

Story/Instructions: 5
(None needed.)

Additional Comments: A very carefuly detailed map, well done! See if you can fix that wall thing though. Also take out the dragon that was preplaced on the map. There is no use for it if there's PT.
Psycho Jester
File Author
Well thank you for the excellant review!!! I had a blast trying to defend my lands from your attacks.

The water that is all different directions is where fresh water is hitting sea water. but evidently it didnt look like it HMMM! will figure something else out maybe.

As for slowing the attackers down I will adjust that for the updated version. cause I didnt like you making all that money.

Kool, peace out
Lord cliff What is this game like? is it worth getting?
I have sh2 but im wondering whether this is worth it cause i only really like mapmaking...
Psycho Jester
File Author
The map making is excellant in my opinion!!!
I also find map making almost funner than playing.

Plus we need more map makers :)

[Edited on 04/25/07 @ 07:04 PM]

SirWhiteWolf Lord Cliff, you're a big fan of SH2 aren't you? If so, buy this game! The online multiplayer is AWESOME!!! Far better than the SH2 multiplayer. The only dislikeable thing about it is that they took a few of the old units out of the game, such as all the Merc post units. But they put even better unit in the game in place of them. So believe me, it's worth your while to buy this game.

[Edited on 04/27/07 @ 12:25 PM]

Lord Tanthos I love the mapmaking as well. They did something really cool, they took out a lot of the textures out of the game but replaced them with shaders and tints in a larger amount with which you can easily make many more textures than the original SH2 had. It's pretty cool to figure out how to formulate new textures.

My ONLY qualm about the SH:L editor is the smaller amount of conditions/events and tree types.

Anyway, really awesome map Psycho Jester, again. You put a great deal of work into these skirmish maps. I will be very excited to use them when my friends are over next :)

[Edited on 05/01/07 @ 12:58 PM]

Lord cliff OK im still not sure but i think i will probably buy it now. Thanks for the info. i will not start mapmaking though until i have completely cleaned up my maps im working on in sh2. CHeck em out if u still have sh2.

Again thanks
Fireman277 Erm i like your map, but i have never downloaded anything so can you tell me how...
Psycho Jester
File Author
post deleted

[Edited on 08/12/08 @ 12:18 AM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?