Dietrich, A Married Man

Author File Description
Lord Tanthos
File Details
Map Size: Large
Number of Missions: 5
Difficulty: Hard
Minimap:
Hello and thank your for downloading this file. This campaign picks us up where we were left hanging at the end of the Legends Ice Campaign.

Dietrich and Virginal (Ice Queen) are due to spend their honeymoon at a keep overlooking a Norweigan lake. Little do they realize that from emnity to enemy will they be forced to remain much longer than they had expected.
------------------------------------------

The folder contains customized speech files, customized messages, six .txt story files which will allow for a fairly long and descriptive story, and a ReadMe file that you MUST read in order to figure out where to put everything.

If you do not do exactly what the ReadMe file decrees, then the campaign will not operate accordingly.

This campaign is designed for experienced players, and as such will be quite challenging.

Enjoy!
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Lord Dredde Lord Tanthos,just downloaded your map,will play/rate it later.LD
Lord Dredde Lord Tanthos,have played upto mission 3 so far,and have noticed that you've 'borrowed' a few ideas from 'fire and ice' series i admire that,it added a unique touch.The map is very well designed but have become stuck at the last bit of mission reasons are(1)no event in map editor to remove ice barriers,so troops just stand there.(2) where did you put the redflag5 marker on the map for the part of the win event for this mission (3)yes i thought what coincedence we should both get stuck on a mission3 map! lol ;).will post a full review when i finish the missions-LD

[Edited on 04/28/07 @ 09:01 AM]

Lord Tanthos
File Author
Actually I haven't played your 'fire and ice' series ... I hopefully will get the chance sometime soon. :(

Glad you like it though!

The redflag is placed right near the barracks where Siegfried is. In the story/instructions if you read them it says "bring Dietrich to Siegfried's corpse". Do exactly that.

And yes there is event to remove barriers in mission 5. If you capture all four stone circles in the castle it removes them. If for some reason it does not work (it worked with me...) let me know and I'll check it out and update (if necessary) before reviews start up.

[Edited on 04/26/07 @ 09:45 PM]

Lord Dredde
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5.0
(an enjoyable map.the outlaws and dragons are a hindrance,but if you co-ordinate your attacks you shouldnt have any trouble)Update-probably one of the best user-created maps for legends,it inspired me for some of my map designs.replay factor of 9/10

Balance: 4.5
(very well balanced,the in one mission an invasion was challenging and defeated)give the player more starting troops,the first few attacks were hard to beat.

Creativity: 5
(very creative in design,good use of textures,unique gameplay)

Map Design: 4.5
(a well constructed map,i like the little mountain paths and hidden enemies.)

Story/Instructions: 5
(a good story,has depth to it)

Additional Comments:
To win ,you must be decisive in your attacks,guard resources.this is definitely a map for an experienced player due to the size of invasions.bugs-wasnt too keen on the moat,leading from the lake.the rolling logs/oil tipper remind me of my 'fire and ice'chpt2 map,nice touch!main dislike mission 1 where if you lose 1% of troops you lose the mission,didnt happen to me though!hope to see more maps like this for legends .LD-UPDATE i've just downloaded your en-us file and played this again with said file.so i've rated your map again-Brilliant..LD (the guy on your side in battle!)

[Edited on 09/23/07 @ 08:18 PM]

Lord Tanthos
File Author
Thanks Lord Dredde! I do plan to make another map like this in the summer, maybe even longer though ;)
StoneBreaker ill do a review tommorow as i just lost the first one i did :(
Lord Dredde Lord Tanthos,you're welcome.I look forward to the challenge. LD
Lord Tanthos
File Author
If you do review, be sure you played this version first, StoneBreaker. I've done a little updating and slightly decreased the difficulty of the first mission.
StoneBreaker that will up your score then lowering the difficulty of the first mission

you will have one later but i am kinda busy ATM and need to play the new version

StoneBreaker
mapmaster2007 help
hello, i an beginer for this web site, but i had strong hold legends for months. Got any map designs. please tell! oh, how do you play on internet won't work for me or i don't know how? I make maps but the ones i make most plain and invole hundreds of wear wolf camps!! By the way great map!! make more!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0