SirWhiteWolf
File Details
Map Size: Small
Number of Missions: 1
Difficulty: Normal
Minimap:
A Bit of History
=====================
The motte in French is a raised earth mound, like a small hill, usually artificial and topped with a wooden or stone structure known as a keep. The earth for the mound would be taken from a ditch, dug around the motte or around the whole castle. The outer surface of the mound could be covered with clay or strengthened with wooden supports. Bigger castles might have two mottes, as at Lewes Castle.

The bailey is an enclosed courtyard, typically surrounded by a wooden fence and overlooked by the motte. It was usually used as a living area by farmers or slaves that 'belonged' to the Lord of the Castle. A castle could have more than one bailey, sometimes an inner and an outer, such as at Warkworth Castle, where expansion of the castle led to enclosure of a new bailey with a wall. Alternately, the multiple baileys could flank the motte, such as at Windsor Castle. At the foot of the motte was the Bailey. This was a courtyard inside another wooden palisade and surrounding ditch. It was connected to the motte by a timber drawbridge so it could be used as a last defence mechanism by the motte being separated from the Bailey. There was a bridge as an entrance over the ditch that could be raised for protection. In the inside of the Bailey was a hall, stables for the horses and cattle, a chapel, and huts for the baron’s people to live. There could be more than one bailey branching off from the motte although it was very uncommon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motte-and-bailey

======================
The Story
1070, April 4th. The Invasion force has been scheduled to arrive this very morning. So far I have heard nothing from the Heavy Infantry Division, and I fear they may have gotten lost… The Light Infantry Division has just arrived, however I do not think that we will be able to continue the siege without the Heavy Infantry.
=======================
1070, May 3rd. Nearly a month has passed, and our scouts have informed me that he Heavy Infantry Division is coming, however, from a completely different direction. If they continue on their current course, they will end up in bear and wolf territory. And might perhaps lose some of their men.
======================
1070, May 4th. They Heavy Infantry have joined up with the main army, and have sustained very minor injuries. We will now be able to assault the castle, and hopefully take it.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Arclan Cirel Pretty cool map and links. Thanks! I checked out the wiki for it too. Next time I play SH2, I'll check out your scenario :).
SirWhiteWolf
File Author
Hey thanks! I like your map too, "keep on the borderlands".
Nigel Hi Sir WhiteWolf,

I tried to play this awesome looking map, but was unable to place the stockpile anywhere.

I recently installed 1.4 (and obviously the map was made in version 1.3). Could that be the reason or is there another trick I am missing ?

Doomsword
Staff
You should be able to just unpause the game and go about your business, disregarding any troublesome messages you get.

This is a beautiful map.

[Edited on 09/15/07 @ 01:52 PM]

SirWhiteWolf
File Author
You do not have to place your stockpile. By the way... How was it obvious?
Nigel hmm, in the version I recently downloaded, I have the Lord and less than a handful (i.e. < 5) men.

It was obviously pre-1.4 because just because the date it was posted is before the date 1.4 was released ;-)

And, yes, it is a very beautiful map !
Doomsword
Staff
Once you take it off pause more men show up as outlined in the story.
SirWhiteWolf
File Author
Any reviews in the making?
Nigel Ahh, I finally figured it out. Thanks Lord Doomsword and SirWhiteWolve. It was (:embarrassed:) exactly as hinted at in the story. Well, I guess I am just this type of guy who tries to press every button on a new machine before reading the manual.....

SirWhiteWolve, I have yet to manage to take the castle, but if I do, I'll see that I write you a review.
SirWhiteWolf
File Author
I also found it to be hard to take the castle. If you are not able to win the map I will update it and give the player a few more troops.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:730
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:1.06 MB