Number of Missions: 0
Number of Players: 4
Balance: Balanced
Difficulty: Hard
Made with version: 1.4.1
Minimap:
PARADISE LOST v1.4

The Tale of Paradise Lost:

You have travelled far from your homeland, a tiny provincial state near the coast of England. Tens of villages, including your own, have been burnt to the ground by a murderous and vengeful king who seeks total dominance.

Entrusted with the last remaining ship of the Baron, you are assigned as captain of the vessel. You have been the chosen one to steer and commandeer this modest ship to find a new home for the remaining villagers.

After many months of sailing your ship strikes rock and you are washed up ashore of a tiny and constricted island. However, it is a volcanic paradise, and with no way of ever getting home, you have no option but to settle in this remote haven.

However, with the king back in England burning down hundreds of villages to the ground, you are not alone in having fled the country, and your haven of paradise may not be your sole discovery either...

INSTALLING THE MAP:
1) Download the ZIP file.
2) UnZIP the file into your My Documents\Stronghold 2\Maps folder (may vary with operating system).
3) Load Stronghold 2.
4) Host a multiplayer game with a max. of 4 players.
5) Choose the Paradise Lost map and wait for it to transfer to all the players.
6) Line the players going clockwise starting at the top left: RED, ORANGE, GREEN, CYAN
7) Choose FREEMAN (or DUKE for an extra supply of troops).
8) Start playing!

HOW TO PLAY:
You are faced with up to three opponents. Each of you will have an equal and limited amount of troops you can use. Use your troops wisely to take down the opponents' Lord or Keep as in normal Kingmaker, but keep a close defence of your own too.

TIPS/SUGGESTIONS:
- Assign players to teams to make it easier to co-operate with another player.
- Use the Freeman-Duke option to give everyone a bonus in troops.
- Use height and a plethora of pathways to gain the advantage.
- Position and combination of troops is highly important as your number of soldiers is limited!

Version History*:
v1.4 - Fixed several pathway issues. Added troops to each team. Added more forestation.
v1.3.7 - First Release

*I change the name of the map each time I update it so that it will not conflict with someone else who still has an older version. You can delete the older map in the Stronghold 2\Maps folder.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Razorsharpz Kl map, i like the layout, specially since it looks a bit like a human brain :P. Keep up the mods.
DragonDream
File Author
Thanks for the feedback. You're right about the human brain. Hehe, I never noticed.
Razorsharpz I am just thinking.. how do you get more than one picture on your download page? it only lets me do one.
Doomsword
Staff
You use html tags razorsharpz, and click the button on the upload page above the map description from [0]plain text to [x]html
Razorsharpz thanks doomsword but how do u actually put ure images onto it...
DragonDream
File Author
Any comments on the actual map? Thanks.
Razorsharpz I Like the waterfall and how you presented the iron in the centre where u need to go along the narrow cliff side in order to get to it. Its a really good map, keep up the good work.
Tho i think there is a bit too many rocks on the shore, if you could decrease the amount there are then it would be a bit more fair on the lord who is in control of that estate.

[Edited on 12/03/11 @ 08:27 AM]

DragonDream
File Author
I think that although I possibly placed too many rocks on the beach that it is a fair disadvantage to the Lord of that Estate. All other Estates have points where the enemy can attack from afar off or from a greater height. That estate is the only one where it is open and bare and therefore harder to defend but also harder to attack.

But, if the rocks really become a problem I can remove some of them. :)
Doomsword
Staff
The rocks are ok but I think it would look better if you changed the shore texture to something rocky so the bolders blend in more. Not all beaches are sandy. The whole map is plenty interesting though.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:1,677
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:728.79 KB
Added:11/19/11