Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Death Match Tips
posted 01-22-03 06:40 PM EDT (US)   
Well, i'm sure everyone read my threads like:

• A Guide To Playing Death Match

• Rush Strats In DM

Well, here goes a third DM faqs from me, remember, these are words and tactics I use.

- Never send Melee Units against a mass army of Assault Mechs, Air Cruisers.
    Reason: They will easily get killed and you'll be wasting your resources

-Make A Combination of Units instead of having alot of one unit
    Reason: You will simply die like make all troopers, countered by strikes and fighters, make all fighters, countered by AA Units, make all Assault Mechs, countered by air cruisers and melee units

-Always have more workers than your military population
    Reason: You will have a good economy and you'll never run out of resources. A Good amount of workers is 150

-Never stop making military units. Que units evan after pop limit
    Reason: If your army dies, you'll have a backup army ready

-Protect Trade. (In a team game)
    Reasons: Trade is your number one resource to nova and nova is the most used resource

-Protect Sides
    Reasons: You'll never know when your opponent will attack your economy

Well, thats about all the tips I could give out. And yes, once again the reason why I made this is to encourage scenario players that plays 24/7 or people the only makes scenarios to play DM once in a while!

[This message has been edited by l2aGeFul2i0uS (edited 01-25-2003 @ 02:26 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 01-25-03 02:26 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9  
    Bah broken Link
    posted 01-26-03 07:08 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9  
    Really, how do you get nova as the most used resource? I thought it was food.

Melee units actually work well against Mechs, since they can get inside their minimum range, the best cure for Air Cruisers are Geonosian Warriors.

Seek out holocrons agressevly, espcially if you are Naboo or Republic.

Never slaughter Nerfs/Banthas, doing so will deny you (mostly) free food when you need it.

Always have a large Reseed Farm queue, this way you don't have to get distracted by rebuilding the farm.

If you can get to Tech Lvl 3 before everyone else, build an Airbase and build Fighters and Bombers before the other guys get there, if you do so, you might be able to damage them enough to make them resign.

Beware of TF rushes, the TF's lack of need for prefabs makes them dangerous because they have more carbon for troopers.

Always have a good air defense, especially against the Alliance, Naboo, Wookies, or Republic, all of these have a good air force and have lousy Mechs and Hvy Weapons, if they can't touch you from the air, then they'll have a hard time touching you.

Only attack when you have the edge, or else you'll be wasting resources.

Your five most critical buildings are the Troop Center, Command Center, Jedi Temple, Airbase, and Spaceport, Laser Troopers provide a decent base defense, and can be garissoned in turrets, Command Center lets you keep your economy growing, Jedi Temple provides Jedi for conversions/capturing holocrons, and lets you get nova from holocrons, Airbase is always useful regardless of the type of map, but especially on Team Asteroids. Spaceport lets you trade with allies, and use the nova gathered from holocrons to buy other much needed resources.

My signature is in another forum
    posted 01-26-03 07:38 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9  
    How did I forget abou queing farms? Oh well.
    Arthur, remember this is DM. Holocrons are a waste of time, there worth getting in the middle of the game, thats around the first, second, third battle or 20 minutes in the game.

Sending Melee units against a mass army of assault mechs is the worst idea ever. If you think mass is like 5 or 10, thats small. Expert dm plays goes for like 30, 40 Assault mechs.

Only create nursery for nerfs and banthas when you have time.

Quote:

If you can get to Tech Lvl 3 before everyone else, build an Airbase and build Fighters and Bombers before the other guys get there, if you do so, you might be able to damage them enough to make them resign.

DM players play Post Tech 4. The only wat I can add on this is if you check my other DM faqs called Rush Strat for DM.

Nova would be considered the most needed resource because you have loads of Food and carbon and Nova is required for Assault mechs, air cruisres, Jedi! Notice all these expensive units require alot of nova. Its a tie for aircruisers.

Quote:

Beware of TF rushes, the TF's lack of need for prefabs makes them dangerous because they have more carbon for troopers.

This could be easily countered by making a turret, besides, no one ever EVER, besides some newbie dm players i'v played used TF to make Troops to rush, besides mounties.

Ok i'll have to agree with:

Quote:

Only attack when you have the edge or you'll be wasting your resources

No point on sending your army and wasting your resources. Make a bigger army with it.

The most critical building for DM is the mech factory, one of the only thing you've never said. Reason, they have almost all the counters for every unit:

Assault Mech counters: Air(AT-AT's only), Troopers, Artillery, Mechs,

Mech Destroyer: Other Mechs, Jedis.

Strike Mechs: Jedis, Troopers and artillery.

These stuff will only work if you were playing Random Map but not in Death Match

posted 01-26-03 08:28 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9  
    I've played DM before, and in DM you have the ability to choose your starting tech level, the only thing special about DM is the amount of resources you start with, that's the only thing you can't affect in DM is the amount of resources you start off with. Why should all DM players play in Post-Tech Level 4, like you know how everyone likes to play DM's. I never said that Melee Troopers were good against a MASS Mech army, I just said they were effective against Mech Units.

Troop Centers have more counters:

Laser Troopers: Troopers

Mounted Troopers: Mechs and Hvy Weapons

Anti-Air Troopers: Air units

Grenade Troopers: Buildings

MDs and SMs do not have an advantage against Jedi, tell me where you came up with this.

Holocrons are not useless, anyone who says so must have another way of aquiring an unlimited supply of nova.

Strike Mechs are no good against Hvy Weapons.

I have never seen the AT-AT attack air units, leading me to the conclusion that it does not, once again, you will have to tell me where you came up with this.

I know what massing is, just because I'm a new face on the forum doesn't mean I don't know how to play the game.

If you want to deny yourself free resources, be my guest, I just consider you a complete idiot.

Do you know what a rush is? To say that just one turret will take care of a rush is complete idiocy, it also assumes that everybody who plays DM starts in Tech Level 2 or higher. If you don't know what a rush is, I'll tell you.

Some people actually start their DM games at a tech level below 4, I consider any DM's that start at Post-Tech Level 4 to be Defend the Monument sans Monument.

I hate people who tell me things I already know.

posted 01-27-03 11:38 AM EDT (US)     5 / 9  
    Everyone likes Post Tech 4 because it's the most fit tech in DM, it's like for RM players, playing RM in Post 4 isn't right, same as playing DM in tech 1.

OMG AT-AT's So can you shoot the air. You need CC.

Trading is a more effective way of gaining Nova

Strikes and MDs have effective on Jedis in CC!!!

Mounties are not as effective against mechs anymore

Strikes do damage against Artillery, not massed tho

Ummm one question, do you have CC?

posted 01-27-03 11:50 AM EDT (US)     6 / 9  
    And yes, rushers would choose the type of units that would be created fast and move fast, A-Wings, Strike Mechs, Mounties. Strikes are vulnerable to the turret, same with mounties, A-Wing, best way to counter this rush is to make a troop center and create AA Troopers.

It wouldn't make sense that you would want to rush someone with an Assault mech because it'll take to long and its slow. The only time in my life of playing DM that anyone has ever played in Tech 1 was the newbies.

The other reason why people play in Post 4 is because you won't have to research all the stuff and waste your resources. You'll be wasting your time researching the stuff, whats the point?

Listen To The DM experts
    Now I Just Need To Hear the RM experts,
    NEED TO GET BETTER IN RM!!!!

[This message has been edited by l2aGeFul2i0uS (edited 01-27-2003 @ 09:38 PM).]

posted 01-27-03 09:07 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9  
    Yes I do have CC, and no an AT-AT has never shot at one of my air units, though now that I think about it, it might happen.

Mounted Troopers aren't as effective against ASSAULT Mechs in CC, read the manual.

If you play in Post-Tech 4, you have everything researched already and you ARE in Tech 4.

As you sell resources, the trade-off goes down, and with trading, it's completly dependent on distance, what civ do you play anyways? The Confederacy?

In CC, Mounted Troopers do more damage to turrets and walls.

It says NOTHING about SMs and MDs doing additonial damage to Jedi/Sith units, you're thinking of the Mounted Trooper.

How can you make blanket generalizations like that? you haven't even met most of the people who play DM, and I would think the HOST has the last say in the starting conditions in MP, am I right?

Correction: Grenade Troopers counter Mechs and Shielded units.

I have never seen a SM/MD do extra damage to a Jedi/Sith unit in CC.

posted 01-27-03 09:35 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9  
    go to http://www.zone.com/battlegrounds

I have no idea what you mean about the Trade. No one makes 5 Spaceports because they want to sell resources, they make it for cargo hovercrafts.

Maybe you should stop reading the manual and play an actually game of DM, I mean real DM game with settings like:

Post Tech 4
    Explored
    Desert

Any zone players, if you saw any DM games, you might be familiar to these setts.
    Grenades dies to easily against an expert DMer, this could be countered using a type of stragety. I didn't say they didn't have any effect against mechs, I said there bad to use against assault mechs.

Another Reason I want to point out why DM players Post Tech 4 is because DM is also about rushing. When your in Tech 1 and you try to rush, you have 2 units to rush with, troopers and mounties. If your in Post 4, you have A-Wings, strike mechs, adv mounties, fighters.

If you ever played a True DM game then you would know what I mean. I'm a true DM experienced player. The manual is sometimes never true. The book doesn't tell you what type of glithes there are in the game.

Yet Again, Listen To The DM Expert

[This message has been edited by l2aGeFul2i0uS (edited 01-28-2003 @ 03:57 PM).]

posted 01-28-03 09:20 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9  
    *Waiting for an Anwser*
    SWGB Heaven » Forums » Strategies » Death Match Tips
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames