You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategies

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Dm tips.
posted 02-26-02 06:23 AM EDT (US)   
1.You definately want to go and build at least 4 mech factories,maybe 2 heavy weapon factories,at least 1 airbase,1 fort,1 jedi temple to get holocrons.This depends on the civ you play,if you are rebels,build tons of airbases.If you are wookies,get lots of heavy weapon factories.

2.Heres what i recommend,an early defense force of 40 heavy mech destroyers,staggered formantion to proctect against early rushes.Some repeater troopers(if you have it),AA mobiles if you dont have AA towers.Bounty hunters too maybe,though i havent met anyone who went jedi rush in a DM.

3.Get lots of workers on the nova(assault mechs),20 or more cargo craft to your ally,workers on carbon,some on ore and if you dont get 10-20 nerfs/banthas,on farms.

4.If facing rebels/naboo/wookies......make sure you have at least 20 hvy AA mobiles.If you notice rebels going with 100+ armoured airspeeders,get more AA.

5.Get 40 hvy assault mechs,staggered formantion,bounties if you notice the enemy with jedi.

6.Personally,i never use shield gens to attack,i just think its not fufilling the purpose of defense.But if you want,scout out the location of your enemy's base and progress slowly with forts,shield gens and AA turrets if enemy has shielded bombers(you need lots of ore for this)

7.Use at least 5 canons to take out any static defenses that can touch your mechs to avoid unnecessary damage.If he doesnt have units to protect against pummels,go ahead.

8.If he sends troops out,your shield gens(if you using them) should help you,But it wont stop 200 AT-ATs against 40 MDs and 40 assault mechs.Be prepared,use more force if you want to.If he uses canons to try and hit your attacking buildings,try sending troops out based on his army size and defenses still left.

9.You HAVE to face his army sooner or later.Depends on what kind of formation hes using,the make up of units,what civ mechs are they(Wookie assault mechs wont be able to win against AT-ATs).Gugans are more troublematic.A good gugan player can win against the same number of assault mechs,due to the fambaas.

P.S.Respond please,i dont really have time to type out ALL counter attacks,possibility of allied help,etc so just respond and i will try to find what could counter your exploitation of a flaw in above plan.

Replies:
posted 02-26-02 01:29 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2  
Ian this guide is useless. it basically tells me exactly what anyone would already know if they played a strategy game for more than ten minutes.. when you get attacked by something, do something to stop it. when you attack, hit targets that are vital and protect your own units..
come on now, after all the flaming you did to other people's hard, USEFUL work I'd expect more out of you. Well no not really, but it sure sounds nice doesnt it?

Thanks for nothing.

posted 02-26-02 08:16 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2  
Ian. Would suggest some great recorded games by the oO0 clan.
http://www.websamba.com/oo0clan

Maybe you have played them already. Not sure. If you haven't. You gots to take a look. They be crazy fast in DM. Nothing but constant stream of blue on the mini map toward enemy base.

SWGB Heaven » Forums » Strategies » Dm tips.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames