You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategies

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Geonosian Warrior Rush
posted 08-28-02 04:10 AM EDT (US)   
This rush uses The confederate Unique Unit, The Genosian Warrior To slay all your enemies workers. Genosian Warriors can kill workers and all troops except mounted troopers practically in 1 hit. After they kill their victim they move onto the next one very fast, which often leads them to avoiding anti air missiles which is which makes the rush very effective. Any player forgetting their anti air can kiss their workers goodbye, Genosian Warriors clean up workers so fast it isn't funny.

Starting Off(Tech 1): Queue up 4 workers in your command center or use the hotkeys for it by pressing h-a-a-a-a. Get 2 workers to make a prefab each, and your other worker to mine a tree next to your command center. Get your scout and Do a loop of your base, scouting just outside the fog of war (shroud).

If you find 4 or more nerfs/banthas straight away, get the command center worker to make a nursery, and get your workers who finished the prefab shelters to eat 1 nerf to get the food flow started. Keep your scout going and if you haven't found any nerfs/banthas use the best food source nearby (lots of wild animals, fruit bushes, 4 or more shore fish etc).
Get about 4 of your workers mining the nerf and get some to mine the carbon trees around the outside of your command center. Keep making a worker as you get 50 food, once you get the 100 carbon and your nerf has been eaten grab all (but 2 of your workers who you should keep mining carbon) to make a food center. Any new workers go to food until you have around 8 on food, then set the new ones to carbon.

Once The Command center carbon workers have gathered 100 carbon get them to build a carbon processing center, and set any new workers to the carbon mine. Don't forget to make a house before you hit the limit. When your food, animal, fishing workers etc have exhausted their resource, make as many farms as you can, and get the leftovers to work on carbon until you have enough for some more farms. Keep making workers and scouting and once you hit around 18 pop send 2 workers to make an ore mine, then the next 2 workers created to make some farms. Then with the 21st and 22nd worker, make a nova processing center, then send the 23rd and 24th on ore, and the afterward go tech 2 as soon as you can.

Going Tech 2: When your going tech 2 set up a power core and get 1 more worker on ore. Once you hit tech 2 make a spaceport and a war center and go tech 3 as soon as possible.

When your going tech 3 make a troop center or mech factory, Depending on the civ of who your rushing and the type of units you'll be expecting him to use. Research the upgrades for that unit. When your almost tech 3 check your ore supplies, you should have enough for a fort, and almost another so sell some resources and buy enough for 2 fortresses. Get the farming, carbon and ore upgrade and get holonet if its a team game.

Tech 3: As soon as you hit tech 3 get all your ore workers to make a fortress, and some of your carbon workers another one. If your enemy is close to you its ideal to put that fort near his base. Once the 1st fort is done keep making Genosian warriors and buy/sell resources if deemed necessary. Set the ore workers back to work. When your second fort is done make warriors out of that until you have around 5. While they are being created scout your enemy and search for his power core and observe if he has an airbase, troop center or mech factory. If he has a troop center check for aa troops. If he has a mech factory don't worry and if he has an airbase it would be wise to set up that fort outside his base. Get some of the carbon workers you used to make the fort to make a forward base consisting of a hvy weapons factory, the unit class you selected (mech, troop) and a shield generator, if you have enough ore. Keep making warriors.

Now, based on your recon: If he has anti air troops, Attack them first, keep your scout near them and target them.

If he has air try to lure his air to one of your forts, if he has little air(warriors could kill his air), attack the air first.

Once your rush has begun, set the garrison points of your forts above any troop centers. Avoid anti air turrets until all other workers are killed, start producing that unit of yours. If his air overwhelms your warriors make aa mobiles, if not invest in pummels or artillery.

Make appropriate counters to any of his ground units. Use your warriors to kill any workers not under aa turrets, anti air troops and troops or strike mechs which look like they are going to be used against you. Once all the units outside the range of aa turrets are cleared out, gather all your warriors together and set them to 2 groups, target 1 worker with 1 group and another with the other group and as soon as all the workers are dead clear out. Use your pummels/artillery backed up with your mechs or troops to destroy his base.

[b][c=LIME]A Couple of notes: Fighters = Rush Failure. Try to overwhelm them with your own anti-air or massed warriors.

Mass hvy Anti air troops = Failure. Try to have at least a scale of 1:3 (warriors being the 1) vs. anti air troopers.
More than 1 anti air turret generally means failure, but there is always room to try.
If all fails revert to that unit you chose (the troop or mech).

Remember to keep scouting all game and whenever you have spare food make some warriors. Afterwards if you've cleared him out (in a team game) its a good idea to boom. (See The Strike Raid/Boom)

Find me on MSN Game Zone as _Skythe_ or _SF_Skythe_ typically...
Waiting on the next SW RTS!!!
Only a few more years to go..

[This message has been edited by AU_Skythe (edited 10-07-2002 @ 07:11 AM).]

Replies:
posted 08-28-02 05:56 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
Seems like the attack would be slower than most. It hurts your econ pretty bad, but hopefully kills the enemies more.

Matt the Great II
My n00bish little underscore will kill you!
Member of the LTR Clan
posted 08-28-02 06:25 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
well, just like jedi rush if you can catch the enemy without that anti-air or mass troop or fort theyre gonna pay the ultimate price.... dosent hurt too much, utilize the spaceport as much as you can!

posted 08-28-02 05:09 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
Ah, the geo rush, I remember when this was invented. I was playing a game vs Sidious_jort and used what I called ''fairies'' to raid his econ. He saw how strong they were at doing that, and made a rush. Of course its evolved since, but its still viable.

Yet the question remains, is it more powerfull than a 3 air base fast air rush. Maybe, maybe not.

Air ruahes hit faster meaning u could have more fighters than geos. On a map with enuff nerfs for one nersery and a fair amount of other food, you could have about 8-10 fighters by the 20, and maybe 2 geos if u know what ur doing. Also , the air could have hit as soon as the 16 or 17 and in this day and age is much less predictable. However, if they are preparing for air, air does much worse against aa troops than geos. But there is a much smaller chance that they will have aa turrets. Yet, if they are unprepared, u got em cause u hit so fast.

All in all, I actually think the fighter rush is better. It's faster, you have a numbers advantage, its less predictable seeing as 50% of confeds are gonna geo rush and if not they will mech rush like everyone else. Not alot fo ppl expect an air rush(unless they scout well but if done fast enough it can still do well. The geo rush can be stopped by good scouting too. Geos maul aa troopers but still lose if there are a fair amount of aa.

Just my opinon, if done well, the geo rush does own, but its become so common that its not as effective as it once was.

I need something to hold me over untill AOM, I guess this will have to do, catch me on the zone as _Nazgul or Knights_Q2
posted 08-28-02 08:10 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
It's like butter when you get a couple of these guys into thier defensive troopers, then into thier carbon workers.... Butter.

Strike mechs and aa artillery complement these guys very well I should add.

posted 08-29-02 06:51 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
i still love these guys... and not just rushing with them useful.... if you spot someone who forgot their anti-air turrets late game (believe me it does happen) then you can expose them with 3 geos and wipe out their econ! they may garrison, but if your playing lack_of_iron he wont have enough slots to garrison all his workers (god he hates geos )

Also a 3 airbase rush would be more expensive novawise :::

SWGB Heaven » Forums » Strategies » Geonosian Warrior Rush
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames