Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Station THX311
posted 08-15-08 06:41 PM EDT (US)   
I'm gonna hand this topic over to an AI that I made up.

Hello all. I am Lexi, the Station's AI. In this Scenario, you and your teamates will fight to destroy the other team's flag. There is 1 hero per team. The Empire has Darth Vader. He comes with 8 Dark Troopers. The Rebels have Master Skywalker and 8 BHs. You have acess to an (GE)AT-AT, (RA)AT-TE, (GE) 3 Tanks, (RA) 4 Speeders. Here is the Station's Layout.

Empire controled side:
You begin situated around your flag controled by Player 1. He has the 2 AA and 2 AS turrets around it. Several turrets are in your base and at the exits. Your Hanger is in the eastern corner of the map, quite a long ways away. The three tanks are located down the main hall and to the far right. Your AT-AT is best reached via the Asteroid center. It is far away, but so is the enemy's. There are alot of turrets in the center with no AA cover, so fighters vs fighters are fought here. Your heros are located not far from Player 4's starting position. You need to be very fast going for you mechs because of the distance.

Asteroid:
The Asteroid has 4 entrances. Here are the coordinates for them.
NE - AT-AT Spawn
NW - Speeder Spawn
SW - AT-TE
SE - Tank Spawn
The majority of troops will come out of the exits to the NW and SE. There are several turets in the middle and whoever gets these will be able to control it. There is no AA cover here, so guard your troops carefully. The AT-AT and AT-TE entrances should be guarded more than the others because almost no one comes through them and they are perfect for a sneak attack. They are far away from the Flag and Spawn, but they are very important. Most of the fighting will occur here.

Rebel Controled Side:
Your base is very different. Player 5 controls your flag and the turrets. The first hall way has an intersection that to the left is your hanger (that is, if you were the troopers going to war), the right has your Speeders, and forward has your heros and is the safest way to your AT-TE. The fastest way to it is like the empire, through the asteroid. You don't need to rush as fast to get you Speeders, Heros, and AT-TE because of the lesser distance.

This your battlefield. Think you can beat the enemy?

***NOTE: This origanaly was a multiplayer scenario. I will include the singleplayer version, which is quite hard, in the file too, but it requires the agressive standard AI.

((((((((((((((____Station THX311____))))))))))

[This message has been edited by Ninjasintheskies (edited 08-16-2008 @ 05:02 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-15-08 08:17 PM EDT (US)     1 / 19  
My eyes are bleeding from the main post color. Please change the red to something a little more readable.

Second, don't EVER, EVER, make multiplayer scenarios. They will be barley give you any feed back and once in a blue moon you will get a ratings. Try your best to modify it for singleplayer, it will be much better recieved.

Oh and screenshots are a must. Otherwise very few people will care.

Amity/Enmity
posted 08-15-08 11:04 PM EDT (US)     2 / 19  
It is formatted and submited to be both multi and singleplayer. Did you read the ***NOTE:? How do I post pics? The AI is not included. It actualy, was formatted at first, into a singleplayer scn. Then I thought, what the hell, I'll make both single and multi.

[This message has been edited by Ninjasintheskies (edited 08-15-2008 @ 11:07 PM).]

posted 08-16-08 08:08 AM EDT (US)     3 / 19  
If you keep Bounty Hunters as the Rebellion's Starting unit, they'll get PWN3D really fast by Imperial Dark Troopers. As for 'destroying' the enemies' flag(s), you'll need to make them have a fair ammount of hitpoints or the game will be really quick. Otherwise, seperate the mech build points or the game would only last a few minutes.
Screenies plz.

Selur|"Are you watching closely?
Why you should play AoE3
posted 08-16-08 11:12 AM EDT (US)     4 / 19  
Somehow, I knew Selur would post here.

YOU, YOUR TEAM, AND YOUR ENEMY HAVE INFINITE UNITS!!!!! And the 8 units that you get with the heros don't respawn. And your aircraft don't either. Your troopers spawn continuosly unless you leave a group there. I will post f***ing screenies when some one tells me how to put the bloody things up! God, no one reads! I played it on single player and I can barely get to the damn enemy flag! I get to the entrance/exit of the Rebel flag area and no farther. I finally managed to kill the Flag by sending in a bunch of people to attack it. The Flags are herd to kill and have AA and AS defence. No one has a unit that is strong against the buildings. Flags are sentry posts. IT IS VERY HARD TO GET TO THE OTHER TEAM'S FLAG DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF TURRETS AND THE DISTANCE TO THE FLAGS.

[This message has been edited by Ninjasintheskies (edited 08-16-2008 @ 11:19 AM).]

posted 08-16-08 11:49 AM EDT (US)     5 / 19  
ninjasintheskies, you seem to be rather angry. I never said anything offense, and I don't understand why you appear to be screaming.
YOU, YOUR TEAM, AND YOUR ENEMY HAVE INFINITE UNITS!!!!!
Hoo boy, games like that always get boring fast. Just keep moving guys to the front for an entire scenario.
And the 8 units that you get with the heros don't respawn
You say that the Empire gets Dark Troopers and the Rebels get Bounty Hunters. Sounds like an early game balance problem...
I played it on single player and I can barely get to the damn enemy flag!
IT IS VERY HARD TO GET TO THE OTHER TEAM'S FLAG DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF TURRETS AND THE DISTANCE TO THE FLAGS.
May I remind that scenarios need balance and shouldn't just be a fustration? If it is too difficult and too long, you'll get bad reviews. I learned this from Red in my first submission.
I will post f***ing screenies when some one tells me how to put the bloody things up!
Don't be so offensive. Think about all those children who are offended by that word. *looks at master silver**winks* Humor aside, you go into SWGB. Once you want a shot, press prt scr. Then go into /.../Program Files/Lucasarts/Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds/Screenshots/. Then create an account on imageshack. Post the bmp. Provide a link to that screen in the forums.

Now that you've recieved my two cents, calm down, and good luck with this project.

EDIT:
Station THX311
Title stolen from Station X39? I'm suprised you didn't think of you're own title.

Why you should play AoE3

[This message has been edited by Selur (edited 08-16-2008 @ 11:53 AM).]

posted 08-16-08 12:08 PM EDT (US)     6 / 19  
What's Station X39? I've never heard of it. I'm currently editing the singleplayer so that you have all the turrets in your base and the enemy has theirs. I'm also adding some AA units to counter in the asteroid. The Mechs will be given to the enemy (but only theirs) and you are limited to haveing the first three tanks, and the AT-AT. There are a bunch more turrets in it now. Do you want me to change the name?

EDIT: I only needed some one to tell me how to do that specificaly, not how to take them, I know how.

[This message has been edited by Ninjasintheskies (edited 08-16-2008 @ 12:10 PM).]

posted 08-16-08 12:19 PM EDT (US)     7 / 19  
Do you want me to change the name?
Nah, didn't mean to accuse you of copycating, but the name just sounded so similar...

Why you should play AoE3
posted 08-16-08 03:01 PM EDT (US)     8 / 19  
It's okay man. Next post will ahev the screenies.

posted 08-16-08 04:43 PM EDT (US)     9 / 19  
Humor aside, you go into SWGB
I don't see why SWGB can't be funny as well. I often go in and laugh (or is it cry?) when my scenarios randomly crash, things don't work, and I get error messages.

On a side note:

Ninjasintheskies:*looks guilty* What's Station X39? I have never played that submission by Empire of Darkness..oops.

Back on topic:

Infinite Units= Boring
Screenshots=fun

Oh and I don't really understand your diagram. Why don't you actually post with a screenshot of the map and make sure it doesn't include stars, captial letters, or anything else that might burn my eyes (this includes random colors like yellow and red) or children's eyes.

Amity/Enmity
posted 08-16-08 04:50 PM EDT (US)     10 / 19  
Dude, I'm bloody serious about Station X39. I will set a bloody timer on your unit spawn. How long should it be? 10 minutes? And there is still no extra AA stuff, so if your fighters are down, run for the hanger or your flag. The empire now has as extra units, in the hero section, 16 Elite Stormies and two AT-STs w/ DV. The rebels have Motar Launcher Troops, 4 Snipers, and Luke. I think I'm gonna add some 'Special unit' that you get for each difficulty. There are enemy controlled turrets in the asteroid immediately or you'd control the center quite easily. They're spread out through the GAIA turrets. The AT-TE is quite easy to fight against with the Tanks.

This next segment has to do with something Selur post in another topic:
Selur, this is my brothers account, but he didn't want to use it after 2 days. So I'm using it.

[This message has been edited by Ninjasintheskies (edited 08-16-2008 @ 04:59 PM).]

posted 08-16-08 04:53 PM EDT (US)     11 / 19  
make sure it doesn't include stars, captial letters, or anything else that might burn my eyes (this includes random colors like yellow and red) or children's eyes.
Your getting awfully close to the edge. If your not careful ninja, those world censors are going to come and tape your mouth...erm keyboard... you know what I mean.

Amity/Enmity
posted 08-16-08 05:03 PM EDT (US)     12 / 19  
-,- What? They don't. There just pics of the spawn points.

posted 08-17-08 06:37 AM EDT (US)     13 / 19  
Dude, I'm bloody serious about Station X39. I will set a bloody timer on your unit spawn. How long should it be? 10 minutes?
It matters now. It is now settled. You can use the name.
But if you have a problem you can just tell what that is and ask for help. We dont like to have people with an attitude here. So, this time it is more of a polite reply to you to stop being so angry/frustrated.

If you would put a 10 minute spawn timer, this means that those spawned units rather have to be called reinforcements.
It would be better to use an amount rather then a timer to spawn units. Just when less then X amount units will be created. And after say 8 or 10 minutes you get a reinforcement, probably 2 speeders and 1 mech for example.
This continuous through the whole match, so each 8 or 10 minutes (depending on which you picked as designer) those units will be spawned at a specific point. So the player knows it is a reinforcement.

If there is anything else you need help with. Then just ask, you dont have to prove yourself. Just ask a question if you have, we might then try answering your question.
Just dont give it too soon. We members are also told to be polite to you. This is why we assume you too behave similar.

(_(_(_ World of Warcraft _)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Level: 85 Pierce [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|] Class: Warrior[|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Race: Human [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_( = WizardBoy: | Proud member of AOK = Click to add population = )_)_)_)
posted 08-17-08 12:39 PM EDT (US)     14 / 19  
........................... Fine. I'm working on uploading the screens to photobucket.

posted 08-17-08 03:21 PM EDT (US)     15 / 19  
It's okay man. Next post will ahev the screenies.

Amity/Enmity
posted 08-18-08 03:44 PM EDT (US)     16 / 19  
@ ninja

How are you thinking of the suggestion i made?
Im just curious if it took you a step further since you left it out.

(_(_(_ World of Warcraft _)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Level: 85 Pierce [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|] Class: Warrior[|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Race: Human [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_( = WizardBoy: | Proud member of AOK = Click to add population = )_)_)_)
posted 08-18-08 04:42 PM EDT (US)     17 / 19  
Wizard, I've decided to screw the spawning army for ten minutes trhouout the game Lambda shttles and Rebel Transports come and drop off mechs and troops. yours come around 5 minutes into the game.

posted 08-19-08 05:43 PM EDT (US)     18 / 19  
Alright, there is an AA Mobile Factory that produces 3 AA Mobiles per team member, two airbases that spawn fighters, special unit and tech bonuses, a secret way to win, each player begins with a hero and no one has the same hero, and the secret way is under construction since I still don't know what it could be yet.

posted 09-02-08 11:51 AM EDT (US)     19 / 19  
I just fed you You were bitten by a Werewolf called Granot.
You have lost 2.47 kgs of flesh.
I just fed you wizardboy.

¸.·\\\'´¯) ¸,ø¤°``°¤ø,¸(¯`\\\'·.¸
¸ .·\\\'´¯),ø¤°``°¤ø,¸And as the darkness consumes me, I am nothing.¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸(¯`\\\'·.¸
¸,ø¤°``°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°``°¤ø,¸,ø¤°``°¤ø,¸¸
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Station THX311
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames