Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Reannouncement: The Crae Korat ~ The Corellian Revolution
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 07-03-04 09:00 PM EDT (US)   
I'm coming out of retirement for one last try at a campaign...

It is a time before space travel, a time before the Republic, a time of evolution, a time of war...

Some 1,400 years before the the formation of what is now know as the Galactic Republic, before the exploration of space, before the Twilight of Exploration.

The four nations of Corellia; Reino, Solte, Forlan, and Dorctae; have stumbled over laser combat technology, throwing all Four Nations into 1,000 years of Civil War. This civil war would be known as the Crae Korat, or the 'Four Conflict'.

Take on the role of David Blanc, a mercinary hired by the Reino Nation, and lead your army of mercinaries deep into the enemy territory of the Forlan and the Dorctae. Watch the rise and fall of your enemies... and your allies. Move through varying climates all over the Corellian Continents. Experiance the harsh conditions of being a paratrooper, or fight with marines in a massive assault on the Dorctae.

SCREENSHOTS:

Generalissimo TCP | FREE SYRIA!
Xaph's Forumer of the Year '08, Best Thread and Most likely to be sigged, '08
"I think George W. Bush is closer to being the single greatest president in US history" - Merai

[This message has been edited by The Crazy Person (edited 07-06-2004 @ 09:02 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-03-04 09:02 PM EDT (US)     1 / 42  
YAY! TCP is back!
posted 07-03-04 09:27 PM EDT (US)     2 / 42  
whaa? TCP is making a campaign? Good luck man
posted 07-03-04 09:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 42  
Yeah, I've been out of the game for a long while, so I figured I'd try to actually finish something. My demos always recieve high praise, but then I end up not finishing the campaign.

"I think George W. Bush is closer to being the single greatest president in US history" - Merai
posted 07-03-04 09:36 PM EDT (US)     4 / 42  
This sounds great! SW history before hyperspace, I've never thought of that before... Finish this one!

- Astro
posted 07-03-04 09:43 PM EDT (US)     5 / 42  
Finish it or I will hunt joo down and keel you.
posted 07-03-04 10:19 PM EDT (US)     6 / 42  
Good luck.

Chook | Galactic Battlegrounds Heaven
"I can't think of a better way on earth to build public favor than [the marriage equality movement], other than of course rounding up the Jews." - Sarthos
"Long story short, our goal is love and tolerance." - Sarthos
posted 07-04-04 05:12 AM EDT (US)     7 / 42  
Yeah, I can't remember anything like this ever being even attempted, good luck bro
posted 07-04-04 06:25 AM EDT (US)     8 / 42  
I remember when you first announced this and everyone was like ,it will never happen, well make it happen ! Awesome Bitmap BTW
posted 07-04-04 06:30 AM EDT (US)     9 / 42  
cool, good luck with it.
BTW i cant see the bitmap for some reason.
posted 07-04-04 08:52 AM EDT (US)     10 / 42  
If you want to see it click on this link.
posted 07-04-04 10:37 AM EDT (US)     11 / 42  
Actually, it was more like 4,000 years before the galactic republic that they didn't have hyperspace. But meh. Also, there wasn't lightsabers back then (Not TCP's date) but it doesn't matter, good luck!
posted 07-04-04 10:48 AM EDT (US)     12 / 42  
Can you tell something about the gameplay/creativity?

Otherwise, it doesn't looks very good to me.

B e n d e r s . . . © 2004

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
posted 07-04-04 11:48 AM EDT (US)     13 / 42  
Soldiers on the battlefield:

(R) Hanoon Trooper - Paratrooper
(R) Rytha Soldier - Marine
(R) Hvy Trooper - Generic Soldier
(R) Repeater Trooper - Gun emplacement
(R) Assault Mech - APC

More later...

Anyways, on the gameplay aspect:

It starts out with a short cutscene basically telling you what's going on. Then it shows you (David Blanc) on your paratrooper plane making your way over enemy territory. Then, you see the plane explode and you then cut to where you and another soldier are stranded outside the Drop Zone. You then have to get both characters across a zone of heavy fighting, through an enemy infested swamp(where you pick up a member of your mercenary team), past a small fortification and across a river to your troop gathering point. From there on out you go on a series of missions. A few of the missions you will go through is a FF mission where you must withstand the siege of a fortress for a period of time, another is a RPG mission that is recon into an enemy base deep in snow covered mountains, and another(my favorite) is a FF D-day style beach landing where you must get up the beach and take over a small fortified town.

So I'm trying to stray from and still include the old RPG style "control a super character and face a bunch of challanges" and also get a sort of team effort type game going where you have control of up to 8 soldiers (4 hero type "must survive" characters and 4 other soldiers) to run your mission. In the scenario where you need to survive the siege, you get control of every single military unit in the base. In the stealthy mission you have sort of a Splinter Cell type game going and in the D-day mission, you have a run like hell tpye game going.

posted 07-04-04 11:50 AM EDT (US)     14 / 42  
grrr.... hurry up TCP
posted 07-04-04 12:14 PM EDT (US)     15 / 42  
Ah, nice features . I'm now very interested !

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
posted 07-04-04 12:15 PM EDT (US)     16 / 42  
Yeah, sorry I didn't write that in the main post, I wasn't exactly focused on writing out details.

posted 07-04-04 12:19 PM EDT (US)     17 / 42  
Any chance of screens TCP?
posted 07-04-04 02:58 PM EDT (US)     18 / 42  
Added some screens.

posted 07-04-04 03:05 PM EDT (US)     19 / 42  
Looks good. I'll definatly play it.

*Aims rifle at TCP's head*

Finish this!

posted 07-04-04 03:09 PM EDT (US)     20 / 42  
Looks good
posted 07-04-04 08:25 PM EDT (US)     21 / 42  
Sounds great, TCP.

Maybe you should make some simple mods, perhaps to make things look more primitive?

Darth Nai, Co-leader of ASD (For AgeS we have been Dead)
Bet kindchen bet, morgen kommt der Schwed.
Stupidity quote of the week:
"We should invade their Muslim countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity!"
-Ann Coulter
posted 07-04-04 09:53 PM EDT (US)     22 / 42  
I don't have the skill or patience to make mods, and besides, most of the Rebel Alliance and Naboo stuff works very well for the time period I'm working with. Anyways, I'll have a demo out in the near future depicting your first mission (destroy enemy weapons depot in a small village). It'll be a little buggy, mainly because some of the triggers haven't been touched in a year and I'm still getting back into the swing of things. Some of the map revealers won't disappear after a few cutscenes and I've been too lazy to fix it.

posted 07-04-04 10:08 PM EDT (US)     23 / 42  
If you dont fix it I will order Natilinaspmf to go into a car with a time bomb and drive to your house.
posted 07-04-04 10:36 PM EDT (US)     24 / 42  
This looks pretty cool, TCP. And that bitmap PWNs! What did you use to make it? I might yet again remake CorLife SE's bitmap to resemble it, sort of... (not suggesting copying it!)

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"And now the moon, earth's friend, that cared so much/for us, and cared so little, comes again—/always a stranger!"--Robert Lowell, "The Public Garden"
posted 07-04-04 10:47 PM EDT (US)     25 / 42  
Its an old work out of Photoshop 7.

posted 07-04-04 11:18 PM EDT (US)     26 / 42  
It almost looks like an oil painting.

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions
posted 07-05-04 10:52 AM EDT (US)     27 / 42  
Okay.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"And now the moon, earth's friend, that cared so much/for us, and cared so little, comes again—/always a stranger!"--Robert Lowell, "The Public Garden"
posted 07-05-04 11:29 AM EDT (US)     28 / 42  
Hmm, the map needs improvement.

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
posted 07-05-04 03:25 PM EDT (US)     29 / 42  
well I suppose the aircraft interior and that hall could do with some touching up, but the top screen looked very good.

And parashooting is spelt parachuting just to not make you look silly

Looks and sounds good (I love Military stuff)

posted 07-05-04 03:29 PM EDT (US)     30 / 42  
wtf Halycons bavk! yay
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Reannouncement: The Crae Korat ~ The Corellian Revolution
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames