Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Independent Narrative Designs ~December '06~
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 12-31-06 10:02 PM EDT (US)   

Long dead? No. Shattered Promise is not dead. It is very much alive, and is coming very very soon. To get your first taste of Shattered Promise, click here and download the official demo...

Shattered Promise Demo
By Empire of Darkness

/A PALE TEAR
By Blackmoon

It has been thirty years after the Battle of Geonosis and twenty-five years since the senate elected the Jedi High Council as their supreme leader.

The clone wars forced the Jedi to advance the training of their followers far faster than natural leading to more arrogant and young masters. After the Sith plot by Palpatine was foiled, the Jedi had to take control of the senate temporarily to insure a peaceful transition.

It was a delicate time, but soon the newer younger masters on the council began to gain more power and influence, the wise prudent masters of old were soon supplanted. And when the time came the new leaders of the order denied letting go of such attractive power.

In the years that followed everything changed, the Jedi began to adopt an egotistical and narrow philosophy that suggested those without force abilities were immature, lesser beings. They separated communities and families with military guarded walls and structures based on midichlorian counts. They began to control everything.

Some systems of course resisted, but against the Grand Army of the Republic their fights were in vain. There were whispers of whole species massacred, entire planets wiped off the charts. But the whispers ended far too soon, the Jedi took control of transportation and communication.

People, in theory, could resist; but the Jedi’s power was far too ominous. The last free systems in the galaxy lie within the unknown regions, controlled by the Chiss who care little for other races. There are few now who still know what it’s like to be free, among them is one troubled soul that is determined not to have her whispers go silenced…

/FEATURES

/Extraordinary Storytelling
A Pale Tear features an amazingly unique universe with character depth and development seldom seen in campaigns.

/Stealth Based gameplay
A Pale Tear is the first full campaign created around stealth. Gameplay requires advanced tactics using a unique cover and stealth system.

/Episodic structure
A Pale Tear will be delivered in a series of episodes; this not only enables me to get content to the user faster but allows the campaign to evolve throughout as well as benefit far more from player feedback. Episode I is merely the beginning.

/Unparalleled Visual Styling
A Pale Tear features a complete black and white high contrast artistic filter, similar to the styling featured in Frank Miller’s “Sin City”. It helps to create an unprecedented gripping atmosphere.

/Grim Atmosphere
A Pale Tear combines breathtaking visual styling with riveting sound effects and music to establish a mesmerizing atmosphere which compliments the gameplay experience wonderfully.

/MEDIA

A truly troubled mind.

Detention blocks offer little comfort.

An ominous relocation train sits silently docked

Clone troopers are not to be underestimated.

Note: The previous screenshots are taken entirely in game. Photoshop has ONLY been used to crop these images.

/CREDITS

/Modpack
Grey Fox and Blackmoon

/Music
Michael Giacchino and John Chominsky

By Grey Fox

To close, we have an announcement of a new addition to the IND Team. Chook has joined our ranks! His current contributions to our projects, and his past contributions, have made him an invaluable ally.

Look out for next month's newsletter to see even MORE updates!

Whoa.

[This message has been edited by Empire of Darkness (edited 12-31-2006 @ 10:15 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-31-06 10:03 PM EDT (US)     1 / 48  
Lovely stuff.

Theo
Last.fm Twitter

"Shut up Herr." - Arkhane
posted 12-31-06 11:22 PM EDT (US)     2 / 48  
Very nice

"·.·´¯`·.·§¢ørÇh, þrïmïñg Çhårgê ·.·´¯`·.·"
"Executing order 66 my lord"
"If we're all clones, why am I the only one with a sense of humor?"
BFME2 Replay Reviewer
posted 01-01-07 00:10 AM EDT (US)     3 / 48  
BRILLIANT!

Too bad there is not rain mod out there, you guys could REALY make it look good with the black and white.

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
posted 01-01-07 03:30 AM EDT (US)     4 / 48  

Quote:

Too bad there is not rain mod out there, you guys could REALY make it look good with the black and white.

Well most of it takes place indoors so rain wouldn't really be visible in most places. Anyway thank you.

posted 01-01-07 04:39 AM EDT (US)     5 / 48  
omg, can i join ur group? please??
posted 01-01-07 05:38 AM EDT (US)     6 / 48  

Quote:

Jedi began to adopt an egotistical and narrow philosophy

Began to adopt? They were always like that

Boba Fettucinni said "Just a note to all.. Alexus is a masculine name as well. In fact it is Second Declension Masculine, Nominative Singular (meaning its a masculine noun, and thats the case used to make a singular subject in a sentence)in Latin."

I'M BACK MELONFARMERS
posted 01-01-07 05:41 AM EDT (US)     7 / 48  

Quote:

Began to adopt? They were always like that

True.

posted 01-01-07 05:42 AM EDT (US)     8 / 48  
u didnt answer me
posted 01-01-07 05:47 AM EDT (US)     9 / 48  
Heh, frag dude cracks me up.

Boba Fettucinni said "Just a note to all.. Alexus is a masculine name as well. In fact it is Second Declension Masculine, Nominative Singular (meaning its a masculine noun, and thats the case used to make a singular subject in a sentence)in Latin."

I'M BACK MELONFARMERS
posted 01-01-07 06:34 AM EDT (US)     10 / 48  
Sorry Fragdude, but IND is the most elite modders and scenario designers here at SWGBH. You would need to improve your work alot to meet their harsh, but understandable standards.

/\
/
__\
/____\
/
._\../._\
/___\/___\

Power Wisdom Courage
posted 01-01-07 06:40 AM EDT (US)     11 / 48  
Swish.
I shudder at the memories of making a black and white mod.
Seriously though, everything looks excellent.
posted 01-01-07 07:06 AM EDT (US)     12 / 48  
Hey, frag dude, are you making frags or becoming a frag?
posted 01-01-07 07:54 AM EDT (US)     13 / 48  
All looks excellent guys.

Mistadobalina
Don't be sad it happened, be happy it's over.
posted 01-01-07 09:27 AM EDT (US)     14 / 48  
Awesome, guys.

[ New Project Coming Soon...]
posted 01-01-07 10:45 AM EDT (US)     15 / 48  
A Pale Tear looks great!

-=Behold my sig. Nothing of use will be found within=-
posted 01-01-07 11:59 AM EDT (US)     16 / 48  
It's looking great !

-- Revan--

u called down the thunder...
...now reap the whirlwind !
posted 01-01-07 03:44 PM EDT (US)     17 / 48  

Quote:

I shudder at the memories of making a black and white mod.

Hehe, yeah it's certainly not easy but were pretty much almost done. Just like two more units and a few tweaks and fixes till were 100% on the B/W stuff.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback.

[This message has been edited by Blackmoon (edited 01-01-2007 @ 03:45 PM).]

posted 01-01-07 03:54 PM EDT (US)     18 / 48  
Teh sechs indeed.

B L O O D P H O E N I X
Lurking at HG since 2004
posted 01-02-07 01:14 PM EDT (US)     19 / 48  
Hey, nice stuff and all. Wanted to play Project HC since I had nothing to do for a few moments. Problem is, when I go onto the first switch, the game crashes. Anything I can do to fix it?

B e n d e r s . . . © 2004

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
posted 01-02-07 02:33 PM EDT (US)     20 / 48  
Bendak, redo the trigger, then check all the triggers joining onto it.

Unless it's not your CPN...in which case, shout abuse at the maker.

Theo
Last.fm Twitter

"Shut up Herr." - Arkhane
posted 01-02-07 02:36 PM EDT (US)     21 / 48  
My guess is its a corrupt sound file that'l be attatched to the trigger (often happens if you play the sound file in Media Player). Try re-downloading the sounds and then replacing them.
posted 01-02-07 05:49 PM EDT (US)     22 / 48  

Quote:

similar to the styling featured in Frank Miller’s “Sin City”.

Is Jessica Alba in the scenario? :P

"I mean, imagine someone screaming 'MAH PANTS' with no pants. Wouldn't that be a truly comical sight?" ---Quaazi
"HOLY CRAP WYO YOU'RE FAT!!!" ---Quaazi
posted 01-02-07 09:51 PM EDT (US)     23 / 48  
Woohoo,
Very nice Blackie. I see that the story has been very nice nicely thought out. Interesting atmosphere to, by the looks of it.

No will to wake for this morn.
To see another black rose born,Deathbed is slowly covered with snow.
Angels, they fell first but I'm still here.
Alone as they are drawing near, In heaven my masterpiece will finally be sung

End of All, Nighwish

[This message has been edited by Desere (edited 01-02-2007 @ 09:53 PM).]

posted 01-03-07 10:58 AM EDT (US)     24 / 48  
Is "Grey Fox" the same person as "White Fox?"
posted 01-03-07 02:36 PM EDT (US)     25 / 48  

Quote:

Is "Grey Fox" the same person as "White Fox?"

No it's Cradossk, or Lord Plagueis, or The Peregrine. Yeah too many damn name changes.

posted 01-03-07 08:05 PM EDT (US)     26 / 48  

Quote:

Michael Giacchino

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he write all the original music for Alias?

Proud Bearer of the Imperial Legion of SWU's Distinguished Newbie Award
< o >
Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
"Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
FREE TIBET!
posted 01-03-07 08:20 PM EDT (US)     27 / 48  

Quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he write all the original music for Alias?

He's the composer of the original score for several things however I mainly use his work for LOST here.

posted 01-05-07 06:06 AM EDT (US)     28 / 48  
Shattered Promise , Pale Tear and Deep Consentration (where's Nestillia ?)...a bunch of very promising projects .Seriously , you posted your newsletter at the most appropriate time.I hope with this flyer will bring some activity back to this forum.

We didn't even have scenario design awards for 2006 btw !

-- Revan--

u called down the thunder...
...now reap the whirlwind !

[This message has been edited by Revan (edited 01-05-2007 @ 06:07 AM).]

posted 01-05-07 02:40 PM EDT (US)     29 / 48  
Nestillia is on a long hold at the moment, it's not canceled as I am in the process of rewriting it as I design APT.
posted 01-06-07 02:05 PM EDT (US)     30 / 48  
Great job guys, oh wait I'm a member too.
Look forward to my suprise next newletter.

__......__
_-___Current Project______-__ /III\|||/III\ _______ Previous_Alias______
_ _ _ _ _ Resident Evil __ _____- ||/IIIIII\|| -______ Leon Kennedy ___|_--_-
- Double Helix __________ ||\IIIIII/|| ____________ ___ ______
\III/I\III/

Independent Narrative Designs
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Independent Narrative Designs ~December '06~
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames