Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Kongou Dess, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The STAR WARS Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
posted 05-16-02 08:20 PM EDT (US)   
Anybody interested? This was tried out back in AOK Heaven and they became really popular. So here are the rules:

1.This is Role-Playing
2.Try to be accurate (though not completely) to the storyline
3.The thread takes place between Episode II and Episode III, one year is approximately two weeks, this will give us time to evolve up to Episode III and beyond.
4.If a battle/post does not follow up with events or technologies or recent events the target of the battle/post or I may rewrite it.

Currency
Base Currency: Republic Credits
Confederate Credits=3/4 Republic Credit
Wupiupi=12 Republic Credits
Truguts=64 Wupiupi
Nova=10 Republic Credits

Starships
Note: You may modify any starships you wish althought they must have much of the same weaknesses.

Coruscant:
Republic Cruiser (diplomacy)
Republic Cruiser Modification (military)
Victory I-Class Star Destroyer (military)
Victory II-Class Star Destroyer (military)
Dreadnaught (military)
Alderaan War Frigate (military)
Barloz Medium Freighter (commercial)
BR-23 Courier (personal)
Carrack Class Cruiser (military)
Kappa Class Troop Shuttle (transport)
Maurader Corvette (military)
Nella 342 Light Freighter (commercial)
Nova Drive 3-Z Light Freighter (commercial)
YT-1300 Light Freighter (commerical)
Firestorm Missile Cruiser (military)
Gelstaltare Battleship (military)
Star Seige Frigate (military)
Valkyrie Missile Frigate (military)
Victory Troopship (transport)
Sulanko Frigate (military)
Beserker Battleship (military)
Battlestar Command Ship (military)
Corellian Scout (military)
Greckon Frigate (military)

Naboo:
Royal Starship (personal/diplomacy)

Trade Federation:
False Droid Control Ship ("LH 3210 Modification" Modification) (military)
C-9979 Lander (transport)
LH-3210 Freighter (commercial)
LH-3210 Modification (military)
ASSV*-01 Battleship (military)
Droid Resupply Vessel (transport/military)
*All Space Seizure Vessel

Sith:
Sith Infiltirator (personal)

Jedi:
Jedi Starfighter (military)

Wookies:
????

Gungans:
Colony Ship (transport)

Bespin:
Bespin Freighter (commercial)

Bounty Hunters:
Slave-class Ship (personal)

Hutts:
????

Confederacy:
????

ACMF:
Republic Cruiser (diplomacy)
Republic Cruiser Modification (military)
Blockade Runner (diplomacy/military)
Corellian Scout (military)
Corellian Starfire Battlecruiser (military)
Corellian Star System Patrol Craft (military)

Kamonians:
????

Trandoshans:
????

Civilizations:
Note: Republic is not a civilization because that while the Naboo and Gungans are part of the Republic they are also independent. The Republic has been replaced with Coruscant. Do not be shy to join in or discuss new civilizations, as Tac 2 has said:

Quote:

OOC: I've said it before and I say it again: THE MORE PLAYERS THE MORE FUN!

Coruscant (Senate)- Supreme Chancellor Jorus Deidric (The Observer)
Hutts- Oorsa the Hutt (Enrique Ordano)
Trade Federation (revived)- Viceroy Gedlar (Arthur of Kings)
Gungans- Boss Randok (AU_Skythe)
Naboo- Captain Kahn (Tac 2)
Wookies- Geryiuwanca (Gregorotto88)
Confederacy- Count Dooku (Gustav Adolf)
Bounty Hunter's Guild- Name??? (Rybecca)
Kamonians- Premier Minister Lull-Lull (Obi-Wan)
Bespin- (Cloud City needs to be rebuilt)
Allied Correllian Military Front (ACMF)- (under supervision of the Trade Federation though)
Siith Order-
Jedi Order- Yoda (Leif Ericsson)
Trandoshans-
Corellian Loyalists (loyal to the Republic)-
Smuggler League- Talon Karrde(Admiral Akbar)

Other civilizations may be suggested. Also when the civilization you wish to play as is taken you may take the place as generals or commanders under that civilization, with the leader of that civilizations permission.

Alliances and Declarations of War:
Again these are temporary, alliances may be changed.

Coruscant:
Allied to Gungans, Naboo, Kamonians, and Wookies
Neutral to Bounty Hunter Guild, and Hutts
Enemies with the Confederacy and Trade Federation

Hutts:
Neutral to all

Trade Federation:
Allied to Confederacy
Neutral to Bounty Hunter Guild and Hutts
Enemies to the Naboo, Wookies, and Gungans (old grudges) as well as Coruscant and Kamonians

Gungans:
Allied to Coruscant, Kamonians, and Naboo
Neutral to Hutts and Wookies and Bounty Hunter Guild
Enemies to the Confederacy and Trade Federation

Naboo:
Allied to Coruscant, Wookies, Kamonians, and Gungans
Neutral to Hutts and Bounty Hunter Guild
Enemies to Confederacy and Trade Federation

Wookies:
Allied to Coruscant and Kamonians
Neutral to Hutts and Bounty Hunter Guild

Confederacy:
Allied to Trade Federation and Bounty Hunter's Guild
Neutral to Hutts
Enemies to Coruscant, Naboo, Wookies, Gungans, and Kamonians

Bounty Hunter's Guild
Allied to Confederacy
Neutral to all but above

Kamonians
Allied to Naboo, Wookies, Gunagans, Coruscant
Neutral to Bountys and Hutts

Bespin
Allied to ACMF
Neutral to all

ACMF
Allied to Trade Federation, Confederacy, Siith, and Hutts
Neutral to Bespin
Enemies to Coruscant, Naboo, Gungans, Wookies, Jedi, and Kamonians

Siith Order
Allied to Trade Federation and Confederacy
Neutral to Hutts
Enemies to everyone else (especially the Jedi Order)

Jedi Order
Allied to Coruscant, Naboo, Wookies, ACF, Gungans, and Kamonians
Neutral to Hutts and Bespin
Enemies to everyone else (especially the Siith Order)

Trandoshans
Allied to Confederacy, Bounty Hunters' Guild, Trade Federation, Siith Order
Neutral to Hutts
Enemies everyone else (especially the Wookies)

Corellian Loyalists
Allied to Coruscant, Naboo, Gungans, Wookies, Jedi, and Kamonians
Neutral to Bespin
Enemies to Trade Federation, Confederacy, Siith, and Hutts

Smuggler League
Neutral to all

Bounty Hunter Veterans (under command of Rybecca)
Uligyus Kejeld (cheesy smile)

Coruscant Generals (under command of Jorus Deidric)

Naboo Captains (under command of Captain Kahn)

Hutt Gangsters (under command of Oorsta the Hutt)

Confederant Admirals (under command of Count Dooku)
Darth Vearatt (Dark_Trooper 1)

Trade Federation Commanders (under command of Viceroy Gedlar)

Gungan Generals (under command of Boss Randok)

Wookie Commandos (under command of Geryiuwanca)

Bespin Merchants (under command of Moff Tarkin Jr.)

Correllian Admirals (under command of Viceroy Gedlar)

Kamonian Generals (under command of Premier Minister Lull-Lull)

Jedi Masters (under command of Yoda)

Expert Smugglers (under command of Talon)

Game Name is placed before your screen name.

[This message has been edited by Arthur of Kings (edited 05-27-2002 @ 12:25 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05-16-02 08:54 PM EDT (US)     1 / 306  
I'll pick the Hutts. The Hutts should be allied with the Confederacy.
posted 05-17-02 07:53 AM EDT (US)     2 / 306  
I choose the Naboo.
posted 05-17-02 10:01 AM EDT (US)     3 / 306  
If I can, I'll take the bounty hunter's guild.

(neutral to all but the confederacy?)

posted 05-17-02 11:57 AM EDT (US)     4 / 306  
i've thought of this before as an idea, but the lack of any sort of map would sorta get in the way alot. I mean, alot of the places in the movies seem improvised. If someone does find a map or something this could be pretty fun.
posted 05-17-02 07:15 PM EDT (US)     5 / 306  
This isn't about scenarios it is just for fun Role-Playing. No scenarios involved. The ANCIENT Thread or MEDIEVAL Thread or IMPERIAL Thread were not about scenarios but role-playing, it was originally conducted in the History branch of the AOK Heaven forums but it got transferred to a Role-Playing branch.
posted 05-17-02 07:24 PM EDT (US)     6 / 306  
"Arthur, Obi-wa, I mean, I am y--- This is not what i want to say" "Oh yeah, Arthur, I AM Coruscant
posted 05-17-02 09:04 PM EDT (US)     7 / 306  
I never really partook in those threads. But to hell with it. Sign me up for the confederacy
posted 05-17-02 10:07 PM EDT (US)     8 / 306  
Bounty Hunters Guild, Only thing I'd take.

Oh, Game Name? Uligyus Kejeld, human.

[This message has been edited by cheesy smile (edited 05-17-2002 @ 10:11 PM).]

posted 05-17-02 10:41 PM EDT (US)     9 / 306  
Sorry, cheesy smile. Rybecca already took it. However, I did sign you up for a veteran bounty hunter or commander of sorts. You will have to obey Rybecca but you can still be an important factor in the Bounty Hunter Guild's moves. Ready to play?
posted 05-17-02 11:00 PM EDT (US)     10 / 306  
Confederacy:

The confederacy began as a seccessionist movement 2 years before the battle of geonessis. The movement, started by former Jedi master count Dooku, began as what many saw as a way to free themselves of the buerocratic republic. The irony was that the seccessionist movement's most important backers were conglomerates like the trade federation and commerce guild that very much led to the buerocracy. Other than numerous conglomerates, the seccessionist movement attracted hundreds, if not thousands of systems to their cause. The confederacy was officially founded on geonessis, shortly prior to the battle of geonessis. Although the confederacy was surprised and defeated on geonissis, it quickly regrouped and prepares for an imminent counter-strike.

posted 05-17-02 11:16 PM EDT (US)     11 / 306  
From the Journal of Viceroy Gedlar
As commanding viceroy of the Trade Federation I have recently began checking through our droid armies. So far it has been seen that the error in our battle droids at the Invasion of Naboo was the fact that they were dependent on a Droid Control Station. Therefore I have ordered my top scientists to redesign our battle and destroyer droids so that they are completely capable by themselves. I have also left only one dependency for them which is the power station. Without a power station the droids would have to rely on their battery packs.

This reorganizing of the droid armies is due to the war we have been caught in. With only the confederacy as our ally we have no choice but to support them in the war against the Republic. We dare not get ourselves involved in a war against Coruscant itself however and so we have signed a treaty with Coruscant protecting the planets directly under their control and their trade routes. However, we shall not hesitate in an invasion of the Wookie controlled planet, Kashyyk. We are not ready for such an invasion yet but when we are you can be sure we shall strike!

Currently however we shall only attack Naboo colonies and raid Wookie trade routes.

posted 05-17-02 11:19 PM EDT (US)     12 / 306  
info and units of the confederate army

Space fleet: the confederacy's fleet consists mainly of cargoships, refitted with armor and turbo-lasers, initially meant to protect against pirates, and trade federation secret intentions. Although the battle ships are massive in size (over 3,000 meters in diameter), their lasers are often inefficient, and overrall not as good as a warship made for the purpose of war. The battleship's central globe can detach to land troops on a planet's surface, helpfull in that it doesn't require nearly as much energy as an entire ship launching and landing. The confederacy's star fleet also consists of many sorts of ships from individual planets under its protection. The fighter squads are alittle more diverse. Although droid ships are numerous and ussually used for a filler and to bog down enemy fighters, it is the volumteer pilots from diffrent planets, like the maneuverable and fast geonessian fighter corps, do most of the shooting down.

army: there are many volunteers for the confederate army, who fight for the cause against the buerocracy of the republic. It is found, however, that the vast majority of the confederate army are droids. Indeed, most of the duties of those who live on the planets of the confederacy is to build and maintain an army. Few are actually forced to endure the hardships of war. The confederate droid army includes the mindless standard droid, who, despite many short fallings, are mindless, willing to obey any order, and cheap to create. The confederacy army also includes droidekas and superdroids. These are more expensive, but well worth it as they can blast away any infantry that comes against them.

posted 05-17-02 11:40 PM EDT (US)     13 / 306  
conferate fleet flagship "Retribution" (secret between me, the trade federation, and bounty hunter guild)

In the confrence room, a meeting was begining to take place between the delegates present at geonessis.
"Where did this clone army come from? I suggest an immediate withdrawl, and prepare for the tides of these clone armies." stated the delegate of the commerce guild.
The techno-union represenative quickly responded with "No, we must strike deep into republican space while they are still organizing, threatening the republic core worlds and forcing them to sue for peace"
However, at that time the Trade federation delegate reasoned "are you insane man. We would leave ourselve vulnerable to attack. A clone army could just as soon arise, surround us, and destroy us"
"peace delegate, peace" Began Dooku. He continued "Surely by this point, the republic has found the threat they are under, and have expanded the cloning operations well beyond the initial planets. However, it is with great luck that in the short time he was with us, Jango Fett gave the information to the location of the clone creation grounds". This statement seemed to shock the other delegates. "Kamino is the world. I beleive it best that the trade federation take their ships, and a large part of the confederacy fleet, to attack a republican one near the area.
"What you speak of is suicide! If an attack does take place, the republic would surely send reinforcements, and our ships can't last long against their combined fire." exclaimed the trade federation delegate.
"That is why you must strike hard and fast. And this attack shall not last long. For it is only a diversion. While your fleet battles against the republic ships, a strike force shall be sent down to destroy the capitol of Kamino, and destroy the cloning facilities there. This shall create cause the republic to be momentairily incompacitaited, like a bug turned onto its back. Then we shall strike at the core worlds." Reasoned Dooku. "However, I will not force you to take the risk of having your fleet destroyed. But imagine the benefits. The decision is yours delegate" finished Dooku.

posted 05-17-02 11:59 PM EDT (US)     14 / 306  
Plans have been changed. We have decided to go to a direct frontal assault against the Republic. Count Dooku, has convinced me that this is neccessary.

Already our scientists are quickly devising intelligent AI systems that will increase the tactical slyness of the droids but still leave them souless and without a will.

Power core ships are being moved into the orbit of Kamino already as I write. The Republic know nothing of these movements and within days I should have destroyed the cloning facilities and may have forced the Kaminoans to give us a large tribute to stop us from pillaging elswhere. Coruscant itself may one day have to tribute to us but that day is not here yet. Not yet...

posted 05-18-02 00:05 AM EDT (US)     15 / 306  
to trade federation(secret):

excellent. Then we shall prepare for the attack. Let us attack in 26 days (tommarrow night)

posted 05-18-02 00:17 AM EDT (US)     16 / 306  
-----------------------------------------------------------B ackround on Kejeld;
Full Name; Uligyus Kejeld
Occupation; Freelance Bountyhunter
(possibly more serving of The Confederacy?)
Location; Unkown (Recently spotted in the District sourrounding Monument Plaza, Coruscant)
Starship I.D.; Bladehunter (Tiyoun-Class Military Reconnosince ship, Correlia Spaceyards)
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Welcome home, Bladehunter"
the Bladehunter blasted across space, It's Top-right engine trailing bits of durasteel and flame, it was close to 'home', Tokki Station, an Important place for any new bounties to be turned in, Floating Miles above Nar Shardda, the smugglers moon. "Glad to hear someone happy with my appearence." Kejeld said slowly and carefully...just like his job..."your work is taking quite a toll on you, are you sure you can still handle your cruiser?" A the loud voice came from the comm. "Yes" "Report Hunter? Your most recent report?", Kejeld hit a button, thrusters jetting out to slow the starship down. "Failure, Somebody took the bounty, and tearing my engines to shreds!" Kejeld was angry, no doubts that, Some crazy kid had taken Kejelds priceless Bounty, and then scarred his buetiful ships hull! "Did you get any Idea who it was? I'm not very fond of other bounty hunters." "whoever it was had one fancy ship!". The Bladehunter came into the stations back hanger, the least full, the most safe...there was another bounty waiting for him, he would get this one...
posted 05-18-02 01:03 PM EDT (US)     17 / 306  
i'll take Confederacy vet. , if possible

Dark_Trooper_001
The First Member of DFDS.
Current Projects : Star Wars - The Clone Wars
Project Status : 3% done
posted 05-18-02 01:42 PM EDT (US)     18 / 306  
and thus the confederacy grows

(secret to dark trooper)

here's pretty much what me and Arthur were planning on doing. He would attack some republic warships alittle ways from Kamino to draw those ships guarding Kamino out. This would give me enough time time send in a strike force to take out Kamino's capitol. This was planned to stun the republic, allowing us to get the drop on them, and take control of some worlds and threaten the core worlds, forcing the republic to sue for peace. This is likely to begin tonight. Do you want to lead the strike force taking out Kamino's capitol?

posted 05-18-02 01:54 PM EDT (US)     19 / 306  
By the gods this is such a disaster! We have lost complete control of two of our power core ships when a pirate fleet ambushed us as we exited hyperspace to repair. But worse is the destruction of the flagship! I am now required to personally take command of the fleet.

I am bringing three extra destroyers as well as replacements for the lost ships. My own flagship will also come and this will lead to no more attacks. The pirates were captured of course and their booty handed over. Nearly 5000 credits! At least the attack was profitable...

posted 05-18-02 08:30 PM EDT (US)     20 / 306  
In the flagship retribution:

"Viceroy, is your fleet ready?" Implied Dooku.
"Yes sir." Answered the Viceroy. "We shall depart on your mark." He continued.
Dooku, pleased, turned to his general. "Commander, is your strike team prepared?" Dooku continued.
"Yes Dooku. The troops are boarded, and have the coarse ploted out." Answered the general.
"Very well. Let us begin our campainge with a bang." stated Dooku, "Viceroy, onward to victory!"
A cheer went up as the Confederate and trade federation ships jumped into hyper space.

OOC:

well Arthur, the floor is yours

posted 05-18-02 08:41 PM EDT (US)     21 / 306  
My favorite character was Padme!! SHE WAS HOT!!!!!!!! Me and my friends all agreed that we love her tight white shirt she wears!!!! It was awesome when she wore it and it looked like she had no bra on!!! If anyone else thinks the same, Please E-mail me at: Brettfuller@hehe.com or just reply on this forum!!
posted 05-18-02 08:47 PM EDT (US)     22 / 306  
Ok, What the world are you people doing ?!?! How do you play? I'm Confused!
posted 05-18-02 09:34 PM EDT (US)     23 / 306  
it's really quite simple, let me explain.

About a year ago, people at the age of kings history forum began wondering somethings. Like what would it be like if some battle were won, or some some diffrent tactic was taken. Others wanted to try to experiance commanding an army or a nation. So they created "threads" in which forumers would be able to do this. In the earlier threads, it was more role playing, you were a guy and could be murder, blah blah blah. As it went on, it got to be more scenerio, in which you told what you were going to do, and more straight to the point. This does not always have to be history oriented, and in this case we're doing star wars. Seeing as there are no official maps, this is harking back more to the origional premisce to compensate.

now i'm going on to a rant that you don't really have to read

i've participated in many of these threads, and am really more straight to the point. Often times it got really frustrating to me. The thing was that there was friction between me and another forumer in this one thread. This guy was well liked, and even though I admit that in that thread I was being somewhat unrealistic, I can't accept what the other role players did. Almost ever thread I partook in, this guy and often times other RPers, began blasting me for BS. Now some of the things I did were a bit unrealistic, but in the context of these threads, it was not relatively such. Consider this. This guy who'm I consistantly got into fights with was turkey and I was austria in a WWI thread. He got into arguements with me because I accidentally misread the location of something on a map, and initiated an offensive I probobly shouldn't have. However, this guy had taken alot of land from persia in a war, and had won the Balkans wars. Another time, I was sweden and he was prussia in a 1770s time period thread. He and his friends accussed me BS for defeating a danish army in norway, using swedens vast iron resourses to build a large arms cartel, and running ships through a blockade using norwegian ports. On the other hand, this guy accepted help from the dutch, won the seven years war in 2 years, destroyed my navy, which I pointed out was not as bad as he insinuated in one turn, and claimed to have some huge prussian industrial base, in when reality, germany as a whole never experianced that until the 1870s. excuse me. I have some buissness to attend to

posted 05-19-02 01:37 AM EDT (US)     24 / 306  

Quote:

here's pretty much what me and Arthur were planning on doing. He would attack some republic warships alittle ways from Kamino to draw those ships guarding Kamino out.

do you meen me?

Dark_Trooper_001
The First Member of DFDS.
Current Projects : Star Wars - The Clone Wars
Project Status : 3% done

[This message has been edited by Dark_Trooper_001 (edited 05-19-2002 @ 01:38 AM).]

posted 05-19-02 05:54 AM EDT (US)     25 / 306  
In the High Secuirty Office of Naboo (top secret meeting):

"Queen, i'm afraid the the Confederacy is to strong for us not to mind. We must quickly aid Coruscant in this war."
"But how, Panaka, could we do that? Our army aren't even big enough to even defend Naboo itself."
"That is why i've brought Xiato here with me Queen. He is a Kaminoen and was deeply involved in their cloning experiments -"
"But Captain -"
"Please allow me to finish, Queen. The Confederacy has attacked and succesfully destroyed the cloningfacilities on Kamino. And Xiato has a plan."
"Yes Queen, I indeed have. Althougt the TF is interested in conquering Naboo, I am quite sure that Dooku will hold him back becouse it would just be a waste of droids as Naboo holds no value from a strategic point of wiev. So, we could undestirbed build large secret cloningfacilities here, and aid Coruscant that way."
"But this agianst the ehtics of Naboo!"
"But this is what we will do, Queen."
------
"I am not happy about this Panaka."
"No but it is better than being exterminated by the Confederacy."
" - I am not that sure Panaka. Not that sure..."

posted 05-19-02 06:51 AM EDT (US)     26 / 306  
i have read basically all of this and i kinda get the gist of it. i can play gungans if u want or any other civ

Find me on MSN Game Zone as _Skythe_ or _SF_Skythe_ typically...
Waiting on the next SW RTS!!!
Only a few more years to go..
posted 05-19-02 08:07 AM EDT (US)     27 / 306  
OOC:

Well, i guess all allies would be welcome AU_Skythe. However, I would like wookies the best as they seem quite much more competent!

posted 05-19-02 08:45 AM EDT (US)     28 / 306  
I was hoping that Arthur would write the space battle and either Dark trooper or I would write the strike party. Seeing as Arthur hasn't writen the battle, I suppose one of us still has to.
posted 05-19-02 09:06 AM EDT (US)     29 / 306  
OOC: I guess i'll write the space battle

IC:

Three republic ships were on patrol, and as of yet, the battle ships had dectected nothing. It was then then that the confederacy battle ships emerged from hyperspace upon them. hundreds of confederate fighters swarmed out to attack. Thousands of laser blasts passed from one ship to another. The republican ships deployed their star fighters, but almost as soon as they were sent out, Squads of droid fighters were trailing them. With the republican star fighters trying to avoid the droid fighters, the volunteer pilots took the oppurtunity, and shot them down. The space was on fire and 2 of the republican ships had already been torn apart, and 1 confederacy battle ship had been lost. Just then, a dozen republic ships came to their aid, and the odds were evened up. The fighting was hard, and many fighters and a few battle ships had already been lost when a transmission was received by the confederacy ships.
"The troops have landed and already overrun much of the city."
At that, the fighters returned to their docking bays and the ships made the jump back into hyperspace

posted 05-19-02 12:45 PM EDT (US)     30 / 306  
Message to Count Dooku (Encoded)

We may have missed the battle but we had good reason. When I arrived we discovered that one pirate ship got away and was going to give us away for a price. We could not allow this and so we followed them.

After destroying their ship we procceeded to the planet Kamino until we ourselves were intercepted by a Republic Warfleet headed in the same direction. It seems we were too late in destroying the pirates and while they did not get paid they did send the message.

Therefore we were forced to destroy a Republic fleet about twice our size to protect your invasion force. Thankfully, our fighters were tested and they worked in perfection when they were launched with their AI systems.

We are procceeding to Kamino to recieve our payment...

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » The STAR WARS Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames