You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Kongou Dess, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Solo: A Star Wars Story Discussion Thread (SPOILER FREE)
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 12-20-17 01:38 AM EDT (US)   
SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY "Big Game" TV SPOT

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY OFFICIAL TEASER

I couldn't come up with a better title and I know it's a bit early, but remembering the formula Disney's using, I was able to find out the official name of Star War's anthology. Also, It's supposed to be released FIVE MONTHS FROM NOW. That right now is the reason I made a thread for discussion of this film. It is centered on Han Solo and his adventures in his younger days, along with Chewie. Thanks to General_Rhys_Dallows, we now have a trailer to present for the thread and is placed in the OP for presentation.

What do you guys think the film will turn out to be?

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 02-20-2018 @ 08:04 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-20-17 09:01 AM EDT (US)     1 / 80  
Regardless, what do you guys think the film will turn out to be?

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?
posted 12-20-17 09:55 AM EDT (US)     2 / 80  
Moff, this thread is for discussion of Solo, not Rogue One. /s

In all seriousness though I am not expecting much from this, even though Ron Howard is a fairly capable director. Emilia Clarke's "acting face" is enough to ruin any movie for me.

Mistadobalina
Don't be sad it happened, be happy it's over.
posted 12-20-17 10:25 AM EDT (US)     3 / 80  
No, I think Moff has it right. This movie's going to be more fan-servicey than Mass Effect: Citadel on steroids, and where Citadel was at least tasteful fan service, this is just going to be a string of ANH references.

"Oh, look, there's Han winning the Falcon from Lando!"
"Oh, look, Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs, because Han totally wasn't just making up crap!"
"Oh, look, he dropped Jabba's cargo at the first sign of an Imperial cruiser!"
"Oh, look--"

Blah.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"And now the moon, earth's friend, that cared so much/for us, and cared so little, comes again—/always a stranger!"--Robert Lowell, "The Public Garden"
posted 12-20-17 11:56 AM EDT (US)     4 / 80  
You know what the amazing thing is, Bryl? Look at those predictions... and Zaarin doesn't even watch RLM. Right out of the predictions video!

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
posted 12-20-17 12:33 PM EDT (US)     5 / 80  
In this case, I don't think it's very difficult to predict.

"And now the moon, earth's friend, that cared so much/for us, and cared so little, comes again—/always a stranger!"--Robert Lowell, "The Public Garden"
posted 12-20-17 12:44 PM EDT (US)     6 / 80  
The one thing you forgot is where he saves Chewie, though it's not gonna be like in the EU.

posted 12-20-17 04:43 PM EDT (US)     7 / 80  
Given that it's a story I'm not particularly interested in hearing and how The Last Jedi was, I'm not terribly optimistic.

Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
posted 12-20-17 04:58 PM EDT (US)     8 / 80  
I can't remember, did they ever settle on a director?

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
posted 12-20-17 05:02 PM EDT (US)     9 / 80  
Ron Howard.

posted 12-20-17 05:31 PM EDT (US)     10 / 80  
Opie...

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
posted 12-20-17 07:38 PM EDT (US)     11 / 80  
The movie is a diagnostic to see whether they can recast the most iconic characters (particularly, those whose actors are living) and fill in storylines with them. It's a proof of concept.

Maybe it'll be good. I hope it's not awful so that we can see a Kenobi movie... (with Ewan ).

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions

[This message has been edited by Crazed Ewok (edited 12-20-2017 @ 07:38 PM).]

posted 12-20-17 07:57 PM EDT (US)     12 / 80  
How do you even do a Kenobi movie, though?

posted 12-20-17 08:00 PM EDT (US)     13 / 80  
Inquisitor tracking him, maybe?

posted 12-20-17 08:04 PM EDT (US)     14 / 80  
Or Star Wars could get "experimental": three hours of him sitting in the lotus position in the middle of the desert.

posted 12-20-17 08:07 PM EDT (US)     15 / 80  
Still make a half billion dollars...

posted 12-20-17 08:28 PM EDT (US)     16 / 80  
How do you even do a Kenobi movie, though?
I dunno. With the hugely expanded variety of tones that the Marvel and SW franchises has been experimenting with lately, some style could be appropriate for telling some story with Obi Wan, whether it's entirely set on Tatooine or carved up into a past/present structure...

posted 12-21-17 03:37 AM EDT (US)     17 / 80  
You know what the amazing thing is, Bryl? Look at those predictions... and Zaarin doesn't even watch RLM. Right out of the predictions video!
I was about to point Zaarin towards the video and then stopped myself, thinking surely he must have seen it already!

But yeah, RLM (and Zaarin) have got it right I think. The movie will consist of Han's entire backstory - every single tidbit of info from the OT - condensed into 2 hours or so.

I did hear a rumor that they've built a full scale Jabba puppet - if true I'd be tempted to buy a ticket just for that.
I dunno. With the hugely expanded variety of tones that the Marvel and SW franchises has been experimenting with lately, some style could be appropriate for telling some story with Obi Wan, whether it's entirely set on Tatooine or carved up into a past/present structure...
I think the Kenobi movie actually has some potential to be sort of interesting because they would be forced to get creative. As you say, he can't really leave Tatooine because he's supposed to be watching over Luke. A western-style movie where he's just running around Mos Eisley dealing with gangsters and other lowlifes could be cool - and if they give him a more cynical, jaded attitude you'd end up with a real Clint Eastwood type. I'll only watch it if they get Ewan back though, he was the one good thing about the prequels imo.

Then again they'll probably ruin it with dumb references like Rogue One. HEY LOOK ITS OWEN AND BERU!!1 MEMBER THEM?!?

Side note: does anyone know if we are going to see characters cross over in these Story movies? I know LFL have already confirmed we won't see anybody from the new trilogy, but I'm wondering if characters from Rogue One (even though they all died - spoilers) will pop up in Solo/Kenobi. The extended universe cameo thing is very in vogue right now after all.

Mistadobalina
posted 12-21-17 08:12 AM EDT (US)     18 / 80  
Side note: does anyone know if we are going to see characters cross over in these Story movies? I know LFL have already confirmed we won't see anybody from the new trilogy, but I'm wondering if characters from Rogue One (even though they all died - spoilers) will pop up in Solo/Kenobi. The extended universe cameo thing is very in vogue right now after all.
Oh, that's a very interesting point that I hadn't thought about. I'm sure they will do something like that. I guess the question is whether that's a cool or bad thing. I probably wouldn't mind seeing more of Diego Luna or Donnie Yen & Jiang Wen, even as standalone movies. But I think it's a mixed bag; do I really need to see more of Jyn's life, even in cameo form? Probably wouldn't be very interesting...

posted 12-21-17 10:00 AM EDT (US)     19 / 80  
I will accept any excuse to bring Chirrut Imwe and his Force wuxia back. I'll also accept any excuse to say that Director Krennic survived a Death Star to the face. These two characters were the only good things about Rogue One and honestly I want more of them.
wouldn't mind seeing more of Diego Luna
Ugh, why him? He was my third least favorite thing about Rogue One, after CG Tarkin and Jyn Erso.

posted 12-21-17 02:51 PM EDT (US)     20 / 80  
do I really need to see more of Jyn's life, even in cameo form? Probably wouldn't be very interesting...
Too bad her non-cameo life wasn't very interesting either

posted 12-21-17 03:14 PM EDT (US)     21 / 80  
I will accept any excuse to bring Chirrut Imwe and his Force wuxia back. I'll also accept any excuse to say that Director Krennic survived a Death Star to the face.
My guess is that the Solo and Kenobi movies will be set before Rogue One, so I suppose they could return.
Yah, I can't see Jyn coming back in any capacity. Very boring character.

Mistadobalina
posted 12-21-17 03:40 PM EDT (US)     22 / 80  
Wait, Jyn and Cassian weren't three-hour cameos in Rogue One?

posted 12-23-17 05:17 AM EDT (US)     23 / 80  
My guess is that the Solo and Kenobi movies will be set before Rogue One, so I suppose they could return.
Yeah, that is possible, I guess. Also, I just realized the Almost Anything Star Wars Edition thread is archived. Is it alright if I request it was restored or just leave it the way it is and start another thread to talk about what I found amusing in YouTube star wars related?
posted 01-03-18 06:24 PM EDT (US)     24 / 80  
posted 01-03-18 07:00 PM EDT (US)     25 / 80  
Rumor is Disney has already written this off.

posted 01-03-18 07:11 PM EDT (US)     26 / 80  
How tragic.

posted 01-03-18 07:20 PM EDT (US)     27 / 80  
On a loosely related note (exploring the space between RotS and ANH)... RONALD D. MOORE was going to work on Star Wars Underworld.

posted 01-03-18 07:24 PM EDT (US)     28 / 80  
RONALD D. MOORE was going to work on Star Wars Underworld.
You mean we could have had the best thing to ever happen to Star Trek happen to Star Wars...? I'd love to see what Ronald D. Moore and Chris Avellone could come up with together...

posted 01-03-18 08:10 PM EDT (US)     29 / 80  
...Sucking the entire universe into a black hole and having an epic meetup between Commander William Adama and Captain Benjamin Sisko?

posted 01-03-18 08:14 PM EDT (US)     30 / 80  
I'm on board, I'm not bored. But where does Chris Avellone come in?

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Solo: A Star Wars Story Discussion Thread (SPOILER FREE)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames