loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: ::::Writing Contest - All Welcome::::
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 08-28-05 08:52 AM EDT (US)   
The SWGBH Writing Guild (?) Presents:
A Writing Contest

--Why a writing contest?--

My answer to that is, I think it'd be fun, and that's my only reason for doing anything. (Except money.)

--Okay then, what's the theme?--

Can we try and look professional here? Please?

--Fine...--

THEME:

The theme for this writing contest is... a sequence from a movie or TV show, written as if it were part of a novelisation. It can be any movie or show, not just SW.

Judges:

-Han Katarn 425
-Jedi Master Bryl
-Sith and Jedi
-Empire of Darkness
-DarkSideFire

Name:
Movie:
Scene:

Submissions should be e-mailed to the judges or posted here. The entries will all be posted once judging is over . You can submit up to three entries. Entries must be 500 words or more and NOT A SCRIPT, please. Entries in English please, or any dialect of Chinese. Estonian is allowed, as long as the appropriate verb tables are supplied with the entry.

Thanks for reading

Participants:

-Alexus -
-Devious - Grievous vs Obi-Wan (Star Wars)
-Ministry of Love (AKA Macko)
-Merai - Duel on the Death Star
-Admiral Zaarin
-The Legend
-Darth Bandon
-Welsh

I suppose that's it.

Boba Fettucinni said "Just a note to all.. Alexus is a masculine name as well. In fact it is Second Declension Masculine, Nominative Singular (meaning its a masculine noun, and thats the case used to make a singular subject in a sentence)in Latin."

I'M BACK MELONFARMERS

[This message has been edited by Alexus (edited 09-01-2005 @ 04:57 AM).]

Replies:
posted 08-28-05 09:39 AM EDT (US)     1 / 48  
<Signs up>

Name: Jon Wong.. Devious
Movie: Revenge Of The Sith
Scene: Grevious' Death

Death of a General

"Oh spack" Obi Wan thought as he looked down at the Confederacy control room, "This, will be interesting." He lifted his saber off his belt, and palmed it. Then, in a fluid leap, he twisted his body, jumped and landed softly on the deck below, "Hello there!" He said, smiling.

In an instant, Grevious, his bodyguards, the whole contingement of droids, and the security camera's all turned to Obi Wan, the guards surrounded him, creating a circular arena. "Ah... General Kenobi," Grevious hissed. The Magna guards lifted up their force pikes and clunked through towards Obi Wan, in an instant, Obi Wan had his saber armed, in a battle stance. In another instant, his hand had flown up towards the tall, black, power device hanging from the catwalk, there was a screech. Then, a loud rumble, the Magna guards looked up, hastily backed away.. a second too late. With a loud thump, the power device broke from the celing and landed flat on the droids, crushing the movement out of them.

"Back off" Grevious hissed. "I will deal with this Jedi Slime... MYSELF" He turned towards Obi Wan. "Your move?" The Jedi Master asked. "You FOOL, I've been trained in your jedi arts by Count Dooku, himself. His arms split into four, he disentangled his cloak and grinned evilly.

-----------:::(=Devious=):::-----------

[This message has been edited by Devious (edited 08-28-2005 @ 09:42 AM).]

posted 08-28-05 09:42 AM EDT (US)     2 / 48  
Okay, I'd like to be a judge

₪══════Freelance Forever!══════₪
▓┼┼┼H@ñ Kãtã®n 4²5┼┼┼▓
▓┼┼Father of Ðark Forces ┼┼▓
₪════════════════════════════════₪
The ability to destroy a planet is insignifigant next to the taste of a kiwi.

posted 08-28-05 09:46 AM EDT (US)     3 / 48  
Sure.

Boba Fettucinni said "Just a note to all.. Alexus is a masculine name as well. In fact it is Second Declension Masculine, Nominative Singular (meaning its a masculine noun, and thats the case used to make a singular subject in a sentence)in Latin."

I'M BACK MELONFARMERS
posted 08-28-05 10:21 AM EDT (US)     4 / 48  
I'd like to be a judge.

Are we judging on spelling?

posted 08-28-05 10:24 AM EDT (US)     5 / 48  
Yes, and yes.

I'M BACK MELONFARMERS
posted 08-28-05 10:40 AM EDT (US)     6 / 48  
I'll be a judge. Watch out people! If you do a ep 3 it better be as good as Matthew Stover!

[This message has been edited by Sith and Jedi (edited 08-28-2005 @ 10:41 AM).]

posted 08-28-05 10:41 AM EDT (US)     7 / 48  
Very well.

Three judges and only two entrants... heh.

I'M BACK MELONFARMERS
posted 08-28-05 10:43 AM EDT (US)     8 / 48  
Well I would enter but I want to be a judge more so..........

Join fools!

BTW great idea Alexus.

[This message has been edited by Sith and Jedi (edited 08-28-2005 @ 10:43 AM).]

posted 08-28-05 10:43 AM EDT (US)     9 / 48  
ill join
posted 08-28-05 11:30 AM EDT (US)     10 / 48  
What are the word restrictions? What are the format restrictions?
posted 08-28-05 11:43 AM EDT (US)     11 / 48  
None at all. Do whatever.

Incidentally, here is part of one of my entries, I'd like opinions and criticism:

From the Matrix Revolutions, the twenty minutes of it that are worth watching:

Captain Mifune turned his Armoured Personnel Unit to face the Zionites under his command, some wearing helmets and bearing lightning guns, others encased in mecha similar to his own, and all ready to die defending their city.

“All right,” Mifune yelled, “This is it! Now you all know me, so I’ll say this as simple as I can.” He regarded their faces, and could see the resolve that burned behind their fierce eyes. He continued, “If it’s our time to die, it’s our time. All I ask is… if we have to give the bastards our lives, we give ‘em HELL before we do!”

The Zionites lifted their arms, and with them moved their mecha, punching up at the curving wall in salute. Deafening cheers filled the cavernous dock, shaking support struts. The APUs began heading for their defensive positions, and the infantry took their places in shelters and balconies, readying their weapons.

Mifune and two other APU drivers made their way to a large concrete bridge, and the Captain of Zion looked around the huge structure, double checking the defences.

All was silent in the dock, with just a faint hum in the background. Long cables stretching across the bridges rattled and vibrated, and nervous soldiers glanced around in fear, their APUs twitching with each slight movement.

Cracks appeared in one section of the roof. Small pieces of rubble began to fall, clattering on the concrete floor, bouncing off metal structures. Soldiers and gunners ran into the central control tower, and its huge defensive guns swivelled to face the threat with a whir.

More and more rubble fell, and larger cracks appeared, until finally the demonic Machine Drill appeared, an infernal and gleaming contrivance, spinning gears and a huge whirring drill.

In the Command Centre, a technician span round on his chair, eyes filled with terror, clutching his earpiece so hard it was cracking.

“Breach!” he yelled, barely keeping his voice under control, “the Dock is breached!”

Mifune stared up, momentarily frozen, as the drill continued smashing its way through the roof, sending huge chunks of concrete flying. Finally, it fell, trailing fire and smoke, crashing into a defensive structure, shaking the command centre. The machine tumbled over onto its side.

The hum grew louder, laced with the sound of rushing wind. Mifune and his men looked up.

“Knuckle up!” Mifune shouted, and released the safety catch on his weapons, bringing the two machine guns up in front of him, ready to fire. Every other APU followed suit, a great circle of them lining the bridges that ringed the control tower.

The noise grew louder, and louder, until it dominated everything.

“For Zion!” Mifune screamed. He squeezed the trigger and hot metal lanced out of his guns, striking the Sentinels as they poured through the breach in their thousands. The APU corps sent forth a hail of white hot death, their bullets ripping through the armoured casings of the Machines and shattering their circuit boards. Hundreds of metal carcasses fell to the floor with a clatter.

For a few seconds it seemed as if they might be able to stop the Sentinels from entering the Dock. But that hope was short lived. A handful of the machines slipped past the bombardment, skirting the walls. One APU turned to counter them, but more came through, though their losses were astonishing. Another APU turned to destroy those who had entered, then another, and another.

Soon only the automated cannons on the control tower were firing at the breach, thinning the ranks of the Sentinels as the mecha fought desperately to hold them off. Machines fell by the thousands, flashing blue as they were hit. Some managed to keep enough momentum after they were ‘killed’ and crashed into the marksmen who had hit them. The rest merely fell lifeless to the cold floor, piling up in great heaps of their electronic brethren.

As the Zionites fought for their lives, the Machine Drill awoke, extended its legs. Once it was upright it lowered its black cutters onto one of the many metal tunnels where infantry sheltered. White sparks filled the air.

Mifune and the two APU drivers with him were furiously firing, smashing Sentinel after Sentinel. It was clear the Machines gave no thought toward personal survival. Only extermination of the free was their objective.

I'M BACK MELONFARMERS

[This message has been edited by Alexus (edited 08-28-2005 @ 11:44 AM).]

posted 08-28-05 11:49 AM EDT (US)     12 / 48  
VERY good. The other contestents better watch out!
posted 08-28-05 11:53 AM EDT (US)     13 / 48  
If there are no restrictions; please accept my entry to the competition;

A.

posted 08-28-05 11:57 AM EDT (US)     14 / 48  
I added restrictions, thank you for making your point.

I'M BACK MELONFARMERS
posted 08-28-05 03:54 PM EDT (US)     15 / 48  

Name: Merai
Movie: A New Hope
Scene: Duel on the Death Star

I'll submit a piece I posted on this board a while ago:

THE MAN WHO WAS ONCE CALLED SKYWALKER

All was dark in the corridors of a space station the size of a moon. In the darkness near one Hangar Bay the only light came from the soft glows of buttons on a chest panel.

A shadow waited in the depths of the darkness.

The slightest noise, a whisper in the wind, a sigh in the silence. Few normal human ears can hear it. Even burned, crisped and imprisoned in a durasteel shell, the shadow can hear it through sonic filters. He looks up, his black eyes empty voids of nothingness.

And a brown robe emerges from the darkness, a brown robe on an old man, and lights around them activate, but softly, softly, shedding only a little light. The shadow is enrobed in darkness. The brown robe stands in the depth of the light.

And the shadow starts- such a small gesture only the brown robe can notice it.

And the shadow remembers...

It remembers the last time it saw that face. It remembers lying screaming and stretching out it's hand, every inch of it's body bathed in flaming agony. It remembers it's tortured cry. It remembers the face that now stares at it from the depths of the brown robe; though it has changed, nothing could ever make the shadow forget that face. The face that refused him. The face that walked away; an image forever burnt into the shadow's mind before flaming agony engulfed it's world.

It remembers what happened beside a sea of fire, on a shore of black glass, so many years ago...

The shadow presses a button and a red beam of energy leaps into existance; and the brown robe too pullls out a metal cylinder which spits forth a blue flame of it's own.

And the shadow... speaks.

"I have been waiting for you, Obi-Wan." It says, uttering once more the name it hates more than any in the Galaxy, fresh sparks of spain shooting up it's metal spine. "We meet again at last. The Circle is now complete."

Both of them, shadow and brown robe, look into one another's eyes and raise their weapons into stances, eyes locked.

The shadow speaks once more.

"When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the Master."

And at last the brown robe speaks, and from within it the old man says;
"Only a Master of Evil Darth."
Darth. For the shadow has no real name. Not any more. It's name it left behind, along with it's compassion, in an office with a shattered window as a storm billowed outside; and the last shreds of that compassion were annhialated along with it's limbs on the shores of the lake of flame.

And for the first time in so many years, for the first time since the fateful duel beside the lake of flame, the brown robe and the shadow lock sabers.

And as red blade and blue flame hiss and spit, the eyes of brown robe and shadow never leave the other's eyes, and brown robe is swallowed in the empty, pitiless black gaze of the shadow.

Brown robe moves and the shadow slashes; a block and then blue flame leaps to be met with red blade. The blades twist and lock once more, and yet again the shadow speaks from within the vocal box that passes for a mouth.

"Your powers are weak old man..." hisses the Shadow, as it stares and builds up rage; as the memories of undying agony build up within it and it remembers the man who forced him to kill the only thing it ever really cared for since the monsters on the desert world killed the shadow's mother.

For even the shadow had a mother.
Even the shadow once lived and breathed.
Even the shadow once loved.

And yet brown robe smiles behind his blue fire, and says quietly. "You can't win Darth." and as he stares intently, he goes on. "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

But the shadow has heard too many lessons from the brown robe, and in rage the shadow hacks again, to be met by blue flame in mid-air.

And as blades twist and lock once more, the shadow senses something which momentarily awakens a new sense in him. It senses the being he used to love, the being this man in a brown robe took away from him, and astonishingly the sense seems to emenate from some boy in a white garment across the Hanger Bay. But then the sense is gone and the shadow still has a battle to fight,

And now suddenly the brown robe sees the boy and his companions, and something seems to freeze and die in the brown robe's face. And the Shadow slices but the brown robe ducks away.

And suddenly the brown robe looks again at the boy, and then he turns to face his nemesis; he turns to face the shadow who had once been a man; the shadow who had been shattered so many years ago.

And the brown robe lifts his lightsaber and closes his eyes, a peaceful look on his face.

And for a single instant; a millisecond if at all, the shadow sees in his face the man he knew. The shadow remembers the laughter and the taunts. He remembers the man who took him on when no-one else could. He remembers the man who he fought with and who trained him.

And the shadow softens for that instant, and it remembers defying death together, in space above Coruscant, and on a battleship against a Sith Lord, and in an arena of red sand...

Red sand...

Red like the fires of the flaming lake and sand like the black sand of Mustafar.

And the shadow's hatred returns and it's anger builds up it unleashes the full might of it's hatred upon it's former mentor and with a massive swing of all his fury he cleaves brown robe apart with red blade.

He cleaves brown robe apart...

But not old man.

For old man is there no longer but has vanished into thin air. And bewildered the shadow kicks the brown robe and it's fury returns as it realises that somehow it's mentor has tricked him once more; and in a way he will never discover. And as he picks up the metal cylinder from within brown robe he hears something that brings him back to reality.

He hears a shout of surprise and anger and horror and he looks up and sees the boy in white staring at him and he remembers the feeling he got and he sees the boy's companions running for the ship and with enraged certainty through his charred nerves he realises how Brown robe tricked him one last time.

Even as the shadow advances swiftly he knows it is too late as the boy blasts a panel and the blast doors slam closed before the shadow.

And for moments the shadow stands there, searching the Blast Door with his black gaze, his hand ever so slightly outstretched. ANd then he looks at brown robe and his hatred returns and his anger, and return too does the eternal pain in which the shadow lives.

And the man who was once Anakin Skywalker stalks off, leaving the brown robe in a pile on the floor.

"I vote we rename this thread to Merai: Kicking Ass and Taking Names"- Scn Jedi
"Merai is awesome cause he makes me one badass mother****er, or as Dane Cook says, a BAMF"- The Crazy Person
"I actually prefer Merai's opinion over everyone else's. You can quote me on that."- Sarthos

[This message has been edited by Merai (edited 08-28-2005 @ 05:06 PM).]

posted 08-28-05 04:15 PM EDT (US)     16 / 48  
Name: Admiral Zaarin
Movie: Peter Pan
Scene: Either "A Powerful Thing" or "Flying," I'm not sure which yet

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"And now the moon, earth's friend, that cared so much/for us, and cared so little, comes again—/always a stranger!"--Robert Lowell, "The Public Garden"
posted 08-28-05 05:29 PM EDT (US)     17 / 48  
A judge, I will be.

Whoa.
posted 08-28-05 05:35 PM EDT (US)     18 / 48  
Arr!

I'M BACK MELONFARMERS
posted 08-28-05 05:36 PM EDT (US)     19 / 48  

These all look good.

posted 08-28-05 09:14 PM EDT (US)     20 / 48  
Okay, it's not my best, but I work best when doing things that are my own work. Ah, well, here goes:

“A Powerful Thing (from Peter Pan, based upon the play by J. M. Barrie)”

By Admiral Zaarin

As Peter and Hook battled, levitating above the decks of the Jolly Roger below, it was clear that the tides had turned and Hook was now winning. Hook dealt a might blow, and Peter Pan collapsed to the deck below. All battle ceased; the pirates and Lost Boys alike stopped fighting as their long-time nemesis and long-time leader, respectively, fell.
Peter felt the cold steel of Hook’s saber against his throat and dismally rose to his feet, leaving his own sword where it had fallen. Hook threw aside his sword and grabbed Peter by the throat, throwing him against the mast. The fighting almost resumed, but the pirates held the boys and Wendy so that they could not move.
Captain Hook quickly floated to the mast, again taking his adversary by the throat. His hook gouged a hole in Peter’s head and Peter collapsed to the deck. Wendy and all the Lost Boys shouted, “No!”
Hook pulled Peter into a sitting position, grasping him by the hair.
“You will die alone–” He cast a meaningful glance at Wendy and her pirate captor. “–and unloved. Just like me.”
“Unloved,” the pirate repeated in Wendy’s ear.
The captain then, throwing Peter back to the deck, raised his hook above his head; his eyes, blue as forget-me-nots, turned red. The boys turned away, unable to bear the sight. Wendy, however, could not look away; her love kept her eyes on the object of her love: Peter. Her eyes were most with tears. At last, they spilled onto her cheeks.
Peter saw, and the dejected look was gone. In its place was a knowing content.
The hook came flying downward, ready to shatter Peter’s skull and end his young life. It was stayed on its way, however, as Wendy broke her captor’s hold on her and grabbed Hook’s arm. He flung her to Peter’s side. A clamor broke out, but the captain held up his hook. “Silence, all, for a Wendy’s farewell!”
Wendy turned onto her side and placed her hand on Peter’s chest. “Peter,” she whispered, “I’m sorry I must grow up, but–” She moved her hand to Peter’s cheek. “–this is yours.”
Suddenly, Hook grabbed her hand and pulled her up, glaring at her.
“’tis just a thimble,” Wendy said.
Hook gave a derisive laugh. “How like a girl!” he declared mockingly. The pirates began laughing. “By all means, my beauty, give Peter Pan your precious thimble.”
She leaned over Peter and whispered in his ear, “This belongs to you, and always will!” Then she opened her hand on Peter’s cheek and their lips met in a kiss.
Hook gasped; everyone was shocked.
“That’s no thimble!” John exclaimed.
“That is a hidden kiss,” Michael said.
Suddenly, a strange noise was heard, like the rustling of wind. Auroras appeared in the sky. Hook pulled Wendy away from Pan, but it was too late. He was grinning broadly from ear to ear; he began to glow pink!
The pirates released the boys, and the boys began to back away.
“Brace yourselves, lads!” Slightly said.
“This is a powerful thing,” Tootles agreed.
“Pan! You’re…pink!” Hook exclaimed.
The pirates knelt over Pan. Tinker Bell flew over and began ringing the bell. The Lost Boys knelt to the ground, one by one, starting with Nibbs.
“Split my infinitives!” Hook muttered.
Pan let out a yell, and the pirates were blown away into the water. Hook went flying upwards and got caught on the rigging.
Peter shot into the sky, basking in the glory and joy that came from Wendy’s kiss! At last, he dived back down to the Jolly Roger, snatching both his own sword and Hook’s. Then he floated up to where Hook was caught on the riggings, and he cut away the riggings. He then tossed Hook his sword and made a challenging gesture, his usual smug look on his face.
“No!” Hook shouted. “I won!” He pushed off the mast, his sword tip pointed at Peter’s heart. Peter, however, was too quick for Hook, and he walked over Hook as though Hook were nothing more than a doormat.
Pan then spun around and pointed his sword at Hook. “You are old!” Pan then made an attack on Hook, which the pirate just barely blocked.
“But I won!” he cried.
Hook made an attack on Pan which Peter easily blocked and then, turning the attack around, ended with his own sword against Hook’s chin.
“Old!” one of the twins echoed.
Hook attacked even more angrily, but Peter again blocked easily. He began spinning Hook around. “And alone!” Pan said.
“Alone!” the other twin echoed.
Pan released Hook from the spin. Hook shouted and protested that he had won, but when he finally stabilized, the crocodile leapt from the water and snapped its jaw barely four feet below.
“Done for,” Wendy finished, causing a smile to turn all the boys’ lips, including Peter.
Hook’s eyes widened in fear. “Happy thoughts, happy thoughts!” Hook exclaimed. “Ripping! Killing! Killing! Choking! Lawyers! Dentists!”
The crocodile was snapping below all the while, and the Lost Boys, led by Wendy, began chanting, “Old! Alone! Done for!”
“Pus! Uh…children’s blood! Puppies’ blood!”
“Old! Alone! Done for!”
“Disease! Scabs!”
“Old! Alone! Done for! Old! Alone! Done for!”
“Kittens dashed on spikes!” Hook began slowly descending downward. “No!”
“Old! Alone! Done for! Old! Alone! Done for! Old! Alone! Done for!”
“White Death! Black Death! Any death!” He continued slipping.
“Old! Alone! Done for! Old! Alone! Done for!”
“A nice cup of tea!”
“Old! Alone! Done for!”
Finally, Hook realized that his struggle was futile. “Old. Alone.”
“Old! Alone! Done for!”
Hook crossed his arms over his chest. “Done for!” He fell into the crocodile’s mouth, swallowed whole. All the Lost Boys cheered.
Suddenly, Hook’s voice said, “Brimstone and gall! Silence, you dogs!” All the Lost Boys turned in fearful shock. Then Pan’s voice finished, “Or I’ll cast anchor in you!”
All the Lost Boys cheered, shouting, “We won! We won!”
Pan grinned proudly. “Ready to cast off?”
The Lost Boys saluted. “Aye, aye, captain!”
As the boys ran off to attend to their “duties,” Wendy remained behind. She and Peter shared a meaningful glance before she said, “Oh, the cleverness of you!”
Pan gave a mockingly modest shrug before putting two fingers to his lips and whistling. Fairies came out of the forest, lining the ship with fairy dust! So the Jolly Roger lifted into the air!

"And now the moon, earth's friend, that cared so much/for us, and cared so little, comes again—/always a stranger!"--Robert Lowell, "The Public Garden"

[This message has been edited by Admiral Zaarin (edited 08-28-2005 @ 11:28 PM).]

posted 08-28-05 10:46 PM EDT (US)     21 / 48  
I'm so glad that some more experienced writers are doing this. I wouldn't want to have to read a bad story.

Whoa.

[This message has been edited by Empire of Darkness (edited 08-28-2005 @ 10:47 PM).]

posted 08-28-05 11:30 PM EDT (US)     22 / 48  

Quote:

Entries in English please, or any dialect of Chinese. Estonian is allowed, as long as the appropriate verb tables are supplied with the entry.

I'll go find a translator at once to translate my story into traditional Chinese! Anyway, sorry if "Jolly Roger" is not italicized every time in my story; I did it in Works and italicized it there, but that doesn't italicize it here, of course. And, EoD, if that was a compliment to my story, thank you.

posted 08-28-05 11:55 PM EDT (US)     23 / 48  
I would like to judge if you don't mind.

My email (if needed) is JediofOld@hotmail.com

They were everywhere, they poured over anything in their way. Like a flood they washed over us all, swept over us as if we were nothing," the old lady whispered, her eyes growing wide as she remembered the horror of the past, "Planets fell, the Jedi crumbled, but we still defeated them and drove them back. But it was not enough, they have returned, they have come once again. The Bando Gora live.
posted 08-29-05 01:49 AM EDT (US)     24 / 48  
Allow me to join. (Mine's a little lengthy, though...)

Name: Zara
Movie: The Empire Strikes Back
Scene: The Battle of Hoth

THE BATTLE OF HOTH
By Zara

The quiet hum of the dish-turret behind the trench was the only sound they could hear. Their captain, standing with his electrobinoculars to his eyes. The distant horizon was barren, but there was something there. Five tiny black dots, almost like specks of dirt, could be seen.

Immediately, every soldier in the trench grabbed their rifles and set themselves up. They didn't know what the Empire was planning, but whatever it was, it couldn't be good. As quickly as the commotion started, everything returned to silence.

Oddly enough, a new sound was beginning to emerge. A sort of rumbling, as if something was smashing against the earth with tremendous force. It was then that they realized their worst fears were confirmed.

"Echo Station 3-T8, we've spotted Imperial Walkers!"

------------------

"Imperial Walkers on the North Ridge."

The announcement echoed through the hangar as the eager pilots boarded their speeders. That was not something they needed to hear. Walkers weren't well-known by the Rebellion, so they didn't have any specific weak points. In a ground assault, they were ideal. Exactly the thing the Alliance didn't need.

One by one, the airspeeders, now deemed the name "snowspeeders," screamed out of the hangar bay. Luke was one of the first, followed closely behind by the many others. The minute they laid eyes on the white plains before them, they saw the walkers begin firing.

A number of bright red bolts sailed through the air before hitting the ground and exploding violently. The Rebel soldiers scrambled to fire back.

"Echo Station 5-7, we're on our way," Luke said calmly over the comlink. Him and the other speeders soared over the trenches, straight toward the towering metal behemoths.

Keeping low to the ground, they avoided the hail of laser fire, but not by much. Although large and slow, the walkers could still give them a run for their credits.
"Alright boys, keep tight now."

"Luke! I have no approach vector. I'm not set!" Dack was heard call from the reversed seat. He was a good pilot, but even the best have dry spells.

"Steady, Dack. Attack pattern Delta. Go now!" Luke answered. After hearing the orders, the other speeders moved into position and fired at the walker. Doing little damage, they flew past it and broke off into pairs.

The AT-ATs were unstoppable. Every shot that hit them only grazed their armor or added to it's carbon scoring. And worst of all, they were running out of time.

"Alright, I'm coming in," Luke said. He moved in close to the ground, heading through the legs of one and over top of another. It was a rather daring move, but no less was expected from Commander Skywalker.

"Hobbie, you still with me?" he asked, making sure his partner speeder was still there.

"Yeah," a reassuring call came back over as they turned around for another attack run.

A quick glance out his side viewport gave the clear picture of a fellow pilot being shot down. However, Luke couldn't dwell on it. His mind was set on winning this battle.

"That armor's too strong for blasters!" he said after a failed attack on the head of the mechanical creature. "Rogue Group! Use your harpoons and tow cables! Go for the legs! It might be our only chance of stopping them."

Dack readied himself. This was his moment. He was the gunner for the harpoon and it was up to him to bring that walker down.

"Alright, stand by, Dack."

"Oh Luke, we've got a malfunction in fire control! I'll have to cut in the auxillary."

"Just hang on-" a blast just to the left of their speeder gave them both a shake, but it was nothing they couldn't handle. "Hang on, Dack! Get ready to fire that tow cable!"

Suddenly, Luke heard an explosion from the back seat. It sounded as if the entire console blew. He called out Dack's name a few times, but received no answer. Instead of keeping with the run, he manouvered through the AT-AT's legs again.

It was then that it hit him. He was alone. He didn't know what to do. They odds were stacked against them, and he had to think. Fast.

From the quick looks he took now and then, it seemed like the soldiers were having a hard time repelling the attack. A number of turrets had already been destroyed and even some stormtroopers were beginning to show up. It wasn't looking good.

"Rogue Three!" Luke shouted over the comlink.

"Copy, Rogue Leader," answered a voice. If Luke was the best pilot in the Alliance, Wedge was the second. Any challenge would give him a rush and put him into the mood he needed. The bigger the challenge, the more thrilling.

"Wedge, I've lost my gunner. You'll have to take this shot. I'll cover for you. Set your harpoon, follow me on the next pass."

"Coming around, Rogue Leader," Wedge acknowledged the command and stayed close behind Luke's speeder.

"Steady, Rogue Two."

"Activate harpoon."

The sound of the back gun firing let them know it was working properly. When they felt a slight tug, it was a relief. They had made contact.

"Good shot, Janson!" Wedge said. "One more pass," he continued after circling around the towering legs a few times. A number of explosions rocked their speeder, but the cable held firm. It was time to put the beast to sleep.

"Cable out," Wes shouted. "Let 'er go!"

"Detatch cable!" Wedge ordered. When the ship pulled free, Wes answered, "Cable detatched!"

Everyone was amazed to watch the enormous machine try to step forward. The cable was wrapped too tightly, causing it to trip and fall face-first into the gentle snow. However, it wasn't over yet. Another group of passing speeders fired at the exposed neck, causing the entire thing to explode, showering the area with black debris.

"Hoo-ah! That got him!" Wedge exclaimed, bearing a wide smile.

"I see it Wedge, good work," Luke answered, relieved that there was one less threat in the battle. One down, four to go...

|| Zarah ||
Twitch || Discord || Twitter

[This message has been edited by Zara (edited 08-29-2005 @ 01:51 AM).]

posted 08-29-05 05:17 AM EDT (US)     25 / 48  
Length, is fine. Great pieces people! Remember you can submit up to 3 .

I'M BACK MELONFARMERS
posted 08-29-05 06:43 AM EDT (US)     26 / 48  
Well cool idea Alexus. I will join it...

Name: Darth Bandon
Movie: Star Wars Episode II
Scene: Confrontation with Dooku

Confrontation with Dooku
by Darth Bandon

INTERIOR: GUNSHIP NUMBER TWO - DAY

Obi-Wan, Anakin and Padme are at the open sides of the Gunship. Clones fire down at the DROIDS below.

The Gunship slows, circling over a droid gun-emplacement. It blasts it, but suddenly the Gunship is rocked by a near miss. It lurches violently.

OBI-WAN: Look over there...
ANAKIN: It's Dooku! Shoot him down!

Through the other side of the Gunship, they see a Geonosian Speeder racing past. In the open cockpit is the unmistakable figure of COUNT DOOKU.

CLONE CAPTAIN: We're out of ordinance, sir.

ANAKIN: Follow him!

PADMÉ: We're going to need some help.

OBI-WAN: No, there's no time. Anakin and I can handle this.

DOOKU signals the two fighters flanking his ship. They veer off left and right, loop around, and come up behind our heroes' Gunship. To avoid the BEAK-WING fire, the Gunship banks up a steep dune but is still hit. The ship lurches on its side, and PADMÉ and a CLONE OFFICER tumble out.

ANAKIN: Padme!!!

Anakin stares down in horror as PADMÉ hits the ground below.

ANAKIN: (continuing; to pilot) Put the ship down! Down!

OBI-WAN: Don't let your personal feelings get in the way. (to the pilot) Follow that speeder.

The Gunship continues its pursuit of Dooku's speeder, followed by the TWO BEAK-WING fighters.

ANAKIN: (to pilot) Lower the ship!

OBI-WAN: Anakin, I can't take Dooku alone. I need you. If we catch him we can end this war right now. We have a job
to do.

ANAKIN: I don't care. (to the pilot) Put the ship down.

OBI-WAN: You'll be expelled from the Jedi Order.

ANAKIN: I can't leave her.

OBI-WAN: Come to your senses. What do you think Padme would do if she were in your position?

ANAKIN: (resigned) She would do her duty.

EXTERIOR: COMMAND CENTER - DAY

Yoda stands next to the Clone Commander. He senses something is wrong with Padme.

YODA: Hmmmm...

CLONE COMMANDER: The droid army is in full retreat.

YODA: Well done, Commander. Bring me my ship.

EXTERIOR: GEONOSIS, DUNES - DAY

On the ground, a Clone trooper approaches Padme.

CLONE TROOPER: Are you all right?

PADMÉ: I think so.

CLONE TROOPER: We better get you back to the Forward Command Center.

PADMÉ: No, no. Gather up what troops you can. We've got to get to that hanger. Get a transport. Hurry!

Anakin and Obi-Wan watch as Count Dooku's speeder parks outside the tower; the Gunship parks next to it. Obi-Wan and Anakin leap down and run inside the tower.

Count Dooku throws switches on a control panel. His Interstellar Sail Ship is parked nearby.

ANAKIN: You're going to pay for all the Jedi you've killed today, Dooku.

OBI-WAN: (to Anakin): We'll take him together - you go in slowly on the...

ANAKIN: No, I'm taking him now!

OBI-WAN: Anakin, no!

Anakin charges across the open space at Count Dooku, who smiles faintly, watching him come. Anakin raises his lightsaber. At the last moment, Count Dooku thrusts out an arm and unleashes a blast of Force lightning. Anakin is hurled across the room, and slammed into the opposite wall. He slumps to the foot of the wall, semi-conscious. Count Dooku moves toward Obi-Wan.

COUNT DOOKU: As you can see, my Jedi powers are far beyond yours.

OBI-WAN: I don't think so.

OBI-WAN lifts his lightsaber. Count Dooku smiles and ignites his lightsaber.

Obi-Wan comes in fast, swinging at Count Dooku's head. Dooku parries the cut easily. As they fight, it quickly becomes clear that DOOKU is the complete swordsman, elegant, graceful, classical - a master of the old style.

COUNT DOOKU: Master Kenobi, you disappoint me. Yoda holds you in such high esteem.

Count Dooku parries another cut and then thrusts. Obi-Wan steps back quickly, panting for breath.

COUNT DOOKU: Come, come, Master Kenobi. Put me out of my misery.

Obi-Wan takes a deep breath, gets a fresh grip on his lightsaber and comes in again. For a moment, he drives Count Dooku's back. Then Dooku's superior skill begins to tell again, and he forces Obi-Wan to retreat.

Count Dooku increases the tempo of his attack. Obi-Wan is pushed to the limit to defend himself. Dooku presses. His lightsaber flashes.

Obi-Wan is wounded in the shoulder, then the thigh. He stumbles back against the wall, trips, and falls. His lightsaber goes skittering across the floor.

Count Dooku raises his lightsaber. Obi-Wan looks up at him helplessly. Dooku's lightsaber flashes down and clashes against - Anakin's lightsaber! Count Dooku and Anakin stare eyeball to eyeball.

COUNT DOOKU: That's brave of you, boy - but foolish. I would have thought you'd have learned your lesson.

ANAKIN: I'm a slow learner.

And Anakin charges at Count Dooku. The force of his attack catches the COUNT slightly off balance. Anakin's lightsaber flashes. Count Dooku draws back.

COUNT DOOKU: You have unusual powers, young Padawan. But not enough to save you this time.

ANAKIN: Don't bet on it!

OBI-WAN: Anakin!

Obi-Wan uses the Force to catch his lightsaber and he tosses it to Anakin. With two lightsabers, Anakin attacks. Count Dooku parries and ripostes. It's no contest. Anakin is driven back against the wall. He loses one lightsaber. Finally Count Dooku, in one flashing move, sends Anakin's arm, cut off at the elbow, flying, still gripping his lightsaber. Anakin drops to the ground in agony. CountDooku draws himself up to deliver the coup de grace.

Suddenly, through the thick smoke, emerges the heroic figure of Yoda. He stops on the smoke-filled threshold.

COUNT DOOKU: Master Yoda.

YODA: Count Dooku.

COUNT DOOKU: You have interfered with our plans for the last time.

Count Dooku levitates machinery, hurling it at the tiny figure of the Jedi Mqster. Yoda recovers and deflects the machinery. Count Dooku then causes great boulders in the ceiling above Yoda to fall, and again, Yoda deflects the boulders which fall around him. Yoda deflects Force lightning thrown at him by the enraged Count Dooku.

YODA: Powerful you have become, Dooku. The dark side I sense in you.

COUNT DOOKU: I have become more powerful than any Jedi. Even you, my old Master.

COUNT DOOKU continues to hurl Force lightning at Yoda, who deflects every blast.

YODA: Much to learn you still have.

COUNT DOOKU: It is obvious this contest will not be decided by our knowledge of the Force, but by our skills with a lightsaber.

Count Dookuwhirls his lightsaber in a formal salute. Yoda draws his lightsaber. Suddenly, Count Dooku charges across the space at Yoda. He rains down blows upon the tiny figure. Yoda doesn't budge an inch. For the first part of the contest, he parries every cut and thrust that Count Dooku aims. Nothing the great swordsman tries gets through. His energy drains. His strokes become feeble, slower.

Yoda attacks! He flies forward. Count Dooku is forced to retreat. Words are insufficient to describe the range and skill of Yoda's speed and swordplay. His lightsaber his a humming blur of light. Finally, their blades cross and the fighting slows.

YODA: Fought well you have, my old Padawan.

COUNT DOOKU: The battle is far from over. This is just the beginning.

Then, with all his might, Count Dooku uses the Force to pull on one of the cranes in the hanger. It comes crashing down toward Obi-Wan and Anakin. Anakin wakes. But in the blink of and eye, he and Obi-Wan attempt to hold up the crane, using the Force. Yoda closes his eyes and concentrates, adding his strength to the two fallen Jedi and moves the crane aside. Count Dooku runs up the ship's ramp, throwing a look back before going inside.

The sound of the Sail Ship's engines are heard starting up.

Count Dooku's Sail Ship takes off. Obi-Wan and Anakin struggle to the exhausted Yoda, but it's too late. The Sail Ship rises into the air and flies away.

All

Good luck to all of you...

Alexus

How many stories can we write down ?

:| Darth Bandon |:
:| Free Lance |:
posted 08-29-05 07:16 AM EDT (US)     27 / 48  
That's a script, not a story...

I will say this ONE MORE TIME.

YOU CAN SUBMIT UP TO THREE ENTRIES.

I'M BACK MELONFARMERS
posted 08-29-05 08:47 AM EDT (US)     28 / 48  
Name: The Legend
Film: SW-EpV: Empire Strikes Back
Scene: Battle of Hoth

The howling winds screamed through the mountains of Hoth. Snow was dancing in the air creating a thick white mist inpenetrable by the eyes of Rebel soldiers, frozen by cold and fear. Every few seconds the dull thump of the distant AT-AT's like the beating of a heart sent snow tumbleing down from the landscape. A fey stray shots bounced back and forth hitting the snow miles from the target. There was a single beautiful moment of calm and peace before the first cannon fiered, scattering the mist. Blasters started erupting everywhere, a volley of lazers over the ice. The once peacefull atmosphere was a roar of lazershots and cries of pain, turrets exploded and trenches full of troops were reduced to corpses. The AT-ATs dominated the landscape as well as the battle.

To be continued...

🚂🚂🚂

[This message has been edited by The Legend (edited 08-29-2005 @ 09:15 AM).]

posted 08-29-05 01:30 PM EDT (US)     29 / 48  

Quote:

That's a script, not a story...

I thought...Nevermind! I will come back!!!

:| Darth Bandon |:
:| Free Lance |:
posted 08-29-05 04:52 PM EDT (US)     30 / 48  
How exactly do we judge? Do we just pick the entrie that we like best when everyone is done or what?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » ::::Writing Contest - All Welcome::::
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames