You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Kongou Dess, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Attention all SWU RP'ers: The Imperial Legion of SWU seeks members!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20  Next Page »
posted 04-17-06 03:05 PM EDT (US)   

Imperial Legion of SWU

Greetings fellow RP'ers. The Imperial Legion of SWU is now in session.

So, what do you need to join? All that is required is that you be a current member of a SWU RPG or were a member of a SWU RPG no later than 2 monthes ago. As soon as the membership reaches 10 members, Elders will then be nominated and voted upon by the membership as a whole. After the membership of the Elders has been decided upon, the membership shall decide on the frequency of High Elder elections and then elect that same individual from the Elder class.

After that, all normal rules come into effect.

Article 1: BASIC

1. This organization shall exist as soon as it has achieved ten members.

2. This organization shall have two orders, a lower\first (Acolytes) and upper\second (Elders).

3. No member may become a member of this organization unless they are in a current SWU RPG or were in one within the past 3 monthes.

4. The members of the Second Order shall not be more than 1\4 of the total membership. However, this may be waived if that would require less than 4 members in the second order.

Article 2: The Second Order

1. The Second Order shall have 2 votes in all elections and votes that are open to both sides.

2. The Second Order shall be able by a 2\3 vote add new members to the second order, so long as it does not go over the quota mandated by Article 1, Section 4.

3. The Second Order may add new members to the first order by a majority vote. This is not required for membership per se.

4. The Second Order shall have the ability to make regulations or proclomations for all members provided that they do not amend this constitution and do not compel the vote of any member or automatically expel any member.

5. All canidates for the second order must have been active in SWU for at least 1.5 years.

Article 3: High Elder

1. The High Elder shall be an elected position holding office for 1, 2, or 3 monthes, as decided by this original "ratification". Only an Elder may become High Elder.

2. The High Acolyte shall have no additional powers but shall fulfill the duties of the High Elder if he shall take a leave of absence, resign, or be inactive for a sustained period of time. The High Acolyte may also break any ties in any vote.

3. The Chairman shall have 2.5 votes instead of merely two.

4. The Chairman shall be able to veto the votes of the second order, but may be overruled by a 2\3 majority. (or the closest number, rounding down).

Article 4: Election and Expulsion

1. All members shall vote for the election of the High Elder at the appointed time. The one who receives a majority of the votes shall become High Elder. The second finisher shall assume the title and role of High Acolyte.

2. The Second Order shall be able to expel any member of the second Order by a majority vote, or if the lower order vote by a 2\3 majority.

3. The Lower Order may expel a member of the Second order by a 3\4 vote and replace him with a majority vote, so long as he meets the requirement for becoming an elder. The Second Order may expel a member of the second order by a 2\3 vote and with the permission of the High Elder.

4. The High Elder may be removed from office by a 2\3 vote of the second order AND a 3\4 vote of the lower Order.

5. The expulsion of a member of the Lower order may be overulled by the 3\4 vote of the lower order.

6. This charter may be amended by a 2\3 vote of the upper order and a 3\4 vote of the lower Order.

Article 5: Purpose

1. Any Elder may submit at anytime a resolution or statement to be voted on by the Elders.

2. If 1\4 of the acolytes shall motion for a vote on a particular bill, then a vote shall be open to the entire membership, with Elders reciving their proper vote amounts.

3. The acolytes may by a majority vote establish a member of the Acolytes to be ranked first among their order. This shall not imply nor be construed to confer any extra power to this individual.

4. The Elders may by a majority vote confer regulatory powers over created events to any individual so long as it does not increase their vote count or put them beyond the reach of any decision. (I.E. a person is chosen to manage the RPG calender Thread, or three persons are given a position to judge fan fiction.)

Amendments

1. The term for High Elder shall be two monthes. This may not be changed except by amendment.

2. There shall be no age limit upon eligibility for becoming an elder.

3. Section 1:

A system for resolving disputes shall be setup within the Imperial Legion. The administrator of this tribunal shall be the High Acoloyte. When a dispute arises, the High Acolyte shall choose as many and up to 6 "jurors" to form a council that shall resolve the dispute, subject to the approval or lack thereof of the High Elder.

Section 2:

After an appropriate amount of time shall have been given for arguements, the jurors (having been approved by both the High Elder and High Acolyte) in addition to the High Acolyte and High Elder shall vote. The High Acolyte shall have 2 votes, the High Elder shall also have 2 votes in this. Each Juror shall have 1 vote.

Section 3:

Any member of the temporary council, including the High Elder or High Acolyte, shall lose their vote if they

a. Are a party to the dispute.

or

b. are so heavily invested in the outcome of the dispute that they are unable to impartially settle the dispute.

Section 4:

A 3-man council, made up of one elder (chosen by a majority vote of the elders, known as the "High Arbiter") and two acolytes elected for two month terms each shall decide who is or is not biased within dispute resolutions and may remove the vote of any member whom they deem to have violated any part of Section 3. No other rationale may be used in the exercise of their power. Each member of this advisory board shall have one vote towards the removal of a member deciding a dispute.

Section 5:

An arbitration may only be made by this court if at least one of the following conditions apply.

a. One of the party members of the dispute so request it.

b. The moderateor of the RPG requests it.

c. The dispute is so threatening to the continuance of the RPG that 1\4 of the acolytes and a majority of the elders vote to bring the case forward OR a majority of the RP'ers from the RPG request the dispute be settled.

No construance of this court shall be made as to bring upon itself any power besides those expressly delegated here.

Membership

1. Darth Persia (resigned)
2. Darth Kiev (Elder)
3. Pacifica2
4. chewiee95
5. Lord Plagueis (Resigned)
6. Maegereg
7. Darth Bandon
8. Xaph (Resigned)
9. Zerok Lau
10. Friend of Old (Elder) (High Elder - Term expires 6-21-06)
11. DarkSideFire (Elder) (Proculator of the Calender)
12. SupremeAirPower
13. Austin Powers
14. BriJr
15. berwatchery
16. Derese
17. Evil_Cheese44221
18. Cheapy the Hutt
19. lazerX7
20. Gen_Rhys_Dallows
21. Bando_Gora1138

Standing Proposals

1. A proposal to create an RPG central, a stickied thread listing all RPG's that have met a minimum standard of quality. (Passed, partially completed.)

Ammendment 2:

[This message has been edited by Darth Persia (edited 06-17-2006 @ 08:46 AM).]

Replies:
posted 04-17-06 03:17 PM EDT (US)     1 / 589  
I, Darth Kiev, hereby pledge my alleigance to the Imperial Legion of SWU. Long may this body of authority within the community stand firm.

In other words, I like the idea and am willing to contribute

Ki-Adi-Mundi - You lil' conehead, I salute you
Aayla Secura - Next time keep looking over your shoulder
Plo Koon - Learn how to press the 'eject' button
Stass Allie - Same as Aayla
Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin - Never underestimate old men
posted 04-17-06 03:21 PM EDT (US)     2 / 589  
*SHAKES HAND* Welcome aboard son. As soon as the title post (cools down) and can be edited, I'll put in a membership list.
posted 04-17-06 04:38 PM EDT (US)     3 / 589  
*enters the thread, looks around*

Meh

*leaves the thread*

posted 04-17-06 06:24 PM EDT (US)     4 / 589  
I, Pacifica2 pledge my services to the Imperial Legion.

This looks very, very, well written and documented Persia. A very good baseline for an organization..

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer

[This message has been edited by Pacifica2 (edited 04-17-2006 @ 08:52 PM).]

posted 04-17-06 08:47 PM EDT (US)     5 / 589  
Organization.

And thank you for your praise Pacifica.

posted 04-17-06 08:52 PM EDT (US)     6 / 589  
Your welcome Persia.

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer
posted 04-17-06 09:00 PM EDT (US)     7 / 589  
I pledge allegiance to the imperial legion etc.....

Let me in

posted 04-17-06 09:03 PM EDT (US)     8 / 589  
Took me a bit to find your RPG< but you are qualified chewie. Welcome aboard
posted 04-17-06 09:11 PM EDT (US)     9 / 589  
If I may...

IMO, to let chewiee95 into your 'Legion' kinda... detracts from my want to join. No offense to chewiee95, but he needs to grow in his RPing skills before you let him in.

Just my opinnion.

BTW, nice ripping off my idea for an RPG calendar.

[This message has been edited by Lord Plagueis (edited 04-17-2006 @ 09:12 PM).]

posted 04-17-06 09:23 PM EDT (US)     10 / 589  
I know chewiee is a newbie, however, the purpose of the Acolyte order is that it encompasses essentially all SWU members. If chewiee fails to show a minimum standard, the membership can always vote to have him removed at a later period.

Time shall tell.

posted 04-17-06 09:42 PM EDT (US)     11 / 589  
Ah hell. I am a sucker to get this community afixed.

Sign me up Jeeves!

posted 04-17-06 09:48 PM EDT (US)     12 / 589  
Your application has gone through the IPDE process and fastracked to the top. I tasked it to my secretary and it has been Blackbelted into 10% mortgage rates.

You're in.

posted 04-17-06 10:14 PM EDT (US)     13 / 589  
I'll join. No offense, but I think that the Crusade for commas was a better name.

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
posted 04-17-06 10:18 PM EDT (US)     14 / 589  
Come disciples and enter into the place prepared for you within my organization.
posted 04-17-06 10:18 PM EDT (US)     15 / 589  
I'll join.

I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.
I love you in a totally platonic way Xaph - Jon Rolos | Xaph does mutha****in' win the thread. - Anakin
Xaph, I wish you were my friend IRL - Boba Fettucini
Well I think it's obvious why Peter Noone would care about Xaph - Newt_Gunray
Xaph is suddenly full of win! - Zaarin | Xaph, how often do you win threads? Because you just won this one - Catabre
posted 04-18-06 02:32 AM EDT (US)     16 / 589  
"Departure" is a bit strong; I still lurk about. But, yes, Crusade for Commas is prety much a done deal.

One sig to rule them all, One sig to find them,
One sig to bring them all, And in the darkness bind them.
l Awards and Recognition l
Ad Pleniorem Scientiam l "How very civilized!" - Newt_Gunray l Official MEC Good Liberal

"Melkor just won the forum." - Xicon l "Melkor's intellect never ceases to amaze me!" - Cheapy the Hutt l "Melkor1, a true legend." - Imperial_Persia
"Melkor1 may just be the smartest person I have ever associated with over an internet forum." - Empire of Darkness

[This message has been edited by Melkor1 (edited 04-18-2006 @ 02:33 AM).]

posted 04-18-06 08:17 AM EDT (US)     17 / 589  
Welcome abord Xaph.

Glad to see you here Melkor

posted 04-18-06 09:54 AM EDT (US)     18 / 589  
I, Darth Bandon the Great < >, hereby pledge my alleigance to the Imperial Legion of SWU. Glad to be here with you mate.

:| Darth Bandon |:
:| Free Lance |:
posted 04-18-06 10:07 AM EDT (US)     19 / 589  
Welcome aboard Bandon. We now need only two more members for this to come into effect.

After that, we shall be holding interim elections for Elder and High Elder, along with a few "constitutional" questions that will need to be decided by the membership.

posted 04-18-06 11:08 AM EDT (US)     20 / 589  
Can I join?

Zerok Lau
posted 04-18-06 11:12 AM EDT (US)     21 / 589  
Of course you may join Zerok, welcome aboard into this great enterprise.

We now sit at a crossroads, one person short of the requirement. Who will it be? Who will step forward, take the sword of history and cut down the door to a brighter future?

[This message has been edited by Darth Persia (edited 04-18-2006 @ 11:41 AM).]

posted 04-18-06 03:57 PM EDT (US)     22 / 589  
Why not, Persia I'll make 10

I'm in

Doctor FoO
posted 04-18-06 04:09 PM EDT (US)     23 / 589  
Glad you are aboard FoO. Now, we are ready to begin. There are currently two initiatives which the community must now make.

1. Initiative 1: Set the term limit for High Elder. 1, 2, or 3 monthes.

2. Nominations for Elder status and election of High Elder.

Does anyone have any other measures to be brought before the membership?

posted 04-18-06 08:02 PM EDT (US)     24 / 589  
*looks around, sees nothing*

I'd say that High Elder should serve a month only.

*uses Mafia voting form for voting for elders*

Vote: Darth Kiev

Dedicated RPer

[This message has been edited by Pacifica2 (edited 04-18-2006 @ 09:44 PM).]

posted 04-18-06 10:11 PM EDT (US)     25 / 589  
Hmm. I don't know: Who's going to be High Elder? It certainly a stumper...

I love you in a totally platonic way Xaph - Jon Rolos | Xaph does mutha****in' win the thread. - Anakin
Xaph is suddenly full of win! - Zaarin | Xaph, how often do you win threads? Because you just won this one - Catabre
posted 04-18-06 11:05 PM EDT (US)     26 / 589  
I say 2 month term as high elder. A 1 month term wouldn't be long enough, but three months is too long. As for nominations...
High elder: Darth Persia
Elders: Persia, Xaph, Zerok, Kiev

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan

[This message has been edited by Maegereg (edited 04-19-2006 @ 08:44 PM).]

posted 04-18-06 11:44 PM EDT (US)     27 / 589  
WhoTF is Zaph?

posted 04-19-06 00:14 AM EDT (US)     28 / 589  
Maegreg, right now we are all acolytes, and only get 1 vote

Dedicated RPer
posted 04-19-06 06:17 AM EDT (US)     29 / 589  
Wow, I've been nominated?

I agree that 1 month is too short and 3 months too long, so I too vote for 2 months as the 'time in office' for the High Elder

Vote for High Elder : Darth Persia (it was his idea after all :P )

Ki-Adi-Mundi - You lil' conehead, I salute you
Aayla Secura - Next time keep looking over your shoulder
Plo Koon - Learn how to press the 'eject' button
Stass Allie - Same as Aayla
Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin - Never underestimate old men

[This message has been edited by Darth Kiev (edited 04-19-2006 @ 06:18 AM).]

posted 04-19-06 06:27 AM EDT (US)     30 / 589  
Vote for High Elder: Darth Persia

Vote for Elder: Darth Kiev

Elder Elections

Elder Nominations:
Darth Persia - 2 votes
Darth Kiev - 1 vote
Xaph - 0 votes
Zerok - 0 votes

High Elder

Darth Persia - 2 votes

I shall have to make a note here that according to the constitution, I'm the only one who actually is eligible for eldership, under the 1.5 year clause. However, as we are in the interim phase, it shall be waived. As soon as the elections are over, I shall propose a grandfather-clause amendment and everything will be nice and legeal again.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20  Next Page »
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Attention all SWU RP'ers: The Imperial Legion of SWU seeks members!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames