Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Kongou Dess, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The RPG Calendar
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 12  Next Page »
posted 04-27-06 10:25 PM EDT (US)   
THE RPG CALENDAR

This is a thread to ensure and kind of regulate what is happening with RPGs in the Star Wars Universe.This thread is not trying to stop the cool things that are happening, instead we are just trying to help them along in a organized fashion.

Current Moderators of the Calendar:
DarkSideFire

How it works
Okay the idea behind all of this is VERY simple (I hope :P). So basically if you have an idea for an RPG all you need to do is post/pitch the idea here. We will vote/talk about it and if enough people are interested in it then we will allow you to begin the RPG.

How Many RPGs Will Be Going At Once?
We will have four RPG’s going at once. This will allow for RPG’s to have more people involved with them since instead of having like 8 we will have 4 and people will have less to focus on. Hopefully this will also help RPG’s to flourish and last longer.

What If There Are Already 4 RPGs Up?
If your RPG is approved but there are already 4 up then you will have to wait till one of those 4 is either completed or it dies off. This is to keep from to many RPG’s up, plus to allow those involved in other RPG’s to finish them then join yours

Lateness
If someone is allowed to start an RPG but takes more then a week to do so then the next person in line will be allowed to start their RPG. So basically… don’t be late!

Current RPG's

Old Republic Thread: Remastered
Type: Character Based
Creator/GMS: Darth Persia
Information:

Star Wars
Birth of a Republic
There is unrest in the galaxy. Mysterious warlords threaten the loose alliance of systems in the Core regions. Dignitaries of all types have converged on the capital planet of CORUSCANT to discuss plans for defense.

Not all are so inclined for peace to reign. A Dark Side cult, known as the BROTHERHOOD OF THE NIGHT has become a constant danger to the galaxy and her inhabitants. The JEDI KNIGHTS struggle to band together to meet the deadly cultists in battle and defeat them once and for all.

The shroud of war has descended. The Eriadu Imperium may soon be drawn into the conflict, ostensibly on one side or another. But not all is as it seems when the Dark Side clouds everything...

Halo: Last Stand
Creator/GMS: Lazer X7
Information:

HALO: LAST STAND
The year is 2552. We, humans, have spread across the entire galaxy. However, the massive empire is crumbling from the seige of a band of religous zealot alien forces know as the Covenant. Humanity has nearly been wiped out. Now as the Covenant forces close in on Reach, one of Humanity's last strongholds, one of the last hopes are the SPARTAN II super soilders. As UNSC tries to fend off the Covenant forces, will they prevale? Can the Covenant destroy the Spartans and rule the Galaxy? Only time will tell...

STAR WARS: WARLORDS RPG
Creator/GMS: Cheapy the Hutt
Information:

STAR WARS: WARLORDS RPG

It is a time of chaos. The Galactic Alliance has split into several fragments, led by various warlords aiming to conquer the galaxy. They fight with each other with monstrous techniques. For them, war is the only answer.

Luke Skywalker, Grand Master of the New Jedi Order, seeks a way to reunite the various faction leaders, but senses that he may be unable to do so.

The Killiks have broken out of the Utegetu Nebula, and are allied with the Hutts, seeking to rescue Ranyar Thul or, "UnuThul".

The Chiss, seeing this as a threat to their worlds, have begun preparing for a major offensive, seeking to end this massive conflict once and for all….

Return of the Forge
Creator/GMS: Pacifica2
Information:

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far, away...

STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE FORGE
It is a time of peace. The NEW REPUBLIC has triumphed over all odds to become the supreme power in the galaxy. Only the small IMPERIAL REMNANT now opposes them openly...

On a forgotten world, a forgotten race has dicovered the technology of hyperdrive. The RAKATANS are ready to return to the galaxy. Little do they know the importance of their planet...

An order of Dark Jedi seek a way to dispose of Luke Skywalkers JEDI ORDER. And with the completion of an acient map, they may have found that way...

Current Moderators of RPG's

• Darth Persia
  • Pacifica2
  • Lazer X7
  • Cheapy the Hutt

Pitching/Posting Your RPG Idea!
If you have an idea for an RPG and you would like to see what people think about it please follow the simple format below then post it on this thread. We will also keep track of how many people are interested in your RPG.

RPG Name:
Author:
Description:
Number of People Interested:

RPG's In Wating...
(Below are the RPG's that are waiting for a chance to start!)

• Star Wars: The Rebirth of Darkness
  • STAR WARS: The Beginning
  • HALO: LAST STAND
  • Star Wars: Warlords

Complete RPG’s: (None so far…)

Incomplete RPG’s :

• Clash of the Titans
  • Clone Wars Infinity
  • Jounrnals of an Imperial Commander

Okay that is all, new contact will be added as needed. If you need to contact me email/MSN me at JediofOld@Hotmail.com!

They were everywhere, they poured over anything in their way. Like a flood they washed over us all, swept over us as if we were nothing," the old lady whispered, her eyes growing wide as she remembered the horror of the past, "Planets fell, the Jedi crumbled, but we still defeated them and drove them back. But it was not enough, they have returned, they have come once again. The Bando Gora live.

[This message has been edited by DarkSideFire (edited 06-02-2006 @ 06:19 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 04-27-06 10:30 PM EDT (US)     1 / 334  
    YAY IT'S DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were everywhere, they poured over anything in their way. Like a flood they washed over us all, swept over us as if we were nothing," the old lady whispered, her eyes growing wide as she remembered the horror of the past, "Planets fell, the Jedi crumbled, but we still defeated them and drove them back. But it was not enough, they have returned, they have come once again. The Bando Gora live.
    posted 04-27-06 10:40 PM EDT (US)     2 / 334  
    Since Macko supposedly left, I'll unsticky his guide. If you prove that you'll update this regularly, I'll sticky it.

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
    r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
    a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
    z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
    e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
    d ependent on daily tea infusions
    posted 04-27-06 10:40 PM EDT (US)     3 / 334  
    Good job and everything but i'm pretty sure that Clash of the Titans is dead.

No will to wake for this morn.
    To see another black rose born,Deathbed is slowly covered with snow.
    Angels, they fell first but I'm still here.
    Alone as they are drawing near, In heaven my masterpiece will finally be sung

End of All, Nighwish
    posted 04-28-06 10:10 AM EDT (US)     4 / 334  
    Okay then, if it is dead then we have an opening for an RPG, any one have ideas for one?

Sweet Crazed, I can't wait to see it Stickied Then!

[This message has been edited by DarkSideFire (edited 04-28-2006 @ 10:13 AM).]

posted 04-28-06 11:16 AM EDT (US)     5 / 334  
    I have a possible idea...

RPG Name: Desperation
    Author: Puddle_man
    Description: The rpg would be set a few years after KotoR 2. The Jedi Exile has left the galaxy, to aid Revan and the republic is in shatters.The rpg would let you be either a jedi/soldier of the Republic or a dark jedi/soldier of the Sith in their goal to secure/conquer the galaxy. Depending on how the rpg goes would alter the entire Star Wars history.
    Number of People Interested: None, as of yet

The idea is somewhat sketchy at the moment but with a bit of refining, may work. What do you think?

~~~Code of the Sith~~~

Peace is a lie,there is only passion, Through Passion, I gain strength,Through strength, I gain power,Through Power, I gain victory,Through victory, my chains are broken The force shall set me free

[This forrumer has been edited by Satan] COME WITH ME TO HELL!!

posted 04-28-06 02:03 PM EDT (US)     6 / 334  
    Ugh....Here we go again

RPG Name: The Reversal: Part Deux
    Author: Sir Billy
    Description: War! After the glorious victory on Geonosis, the Battle Droid Armies of the Confederacy push towards the Republic's borders. Led by Count Dooku and General Grievous, the Battle Droids march on, waging war on all fronts. The Jedi are hardpressed to help repel CIS forces.
    Number of People Interested: Puddle_man

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
    This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
    L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.

[This message has been edited by Sir Billy (edited 04-28-2006 @ 04:59 PM).]

posted 04-28-06 02:40 PM EDT (US)     7 / 334  
    Nevermind...

BriJr

[This message has been edited by BriJr (edited 04-28-2006 @ 03:08 PM).]

posted 04-28-06 02:43 PM EDT (US)     8 / 334  
    Maybe you could 'revise' it in to SW, BriJr? That would be really cool..

No will to wake for this morn.
    To see another black rose born,Deathbed is slowly covered with snow.
    Angels, they fell first but I'm still here.
    Alone as they are drawing near, In heaven my masterpiece will finally be sung

End of All, Nighwish
    posted 04-28-06 03:07 PM EDT (US)     9 / 334  
    What about this?

RPG Name: Star Wars: The Beginning
    Author: BriJr
    Description: Takes place before modern records of the Star Wars galaxy. Includes two groups:
    ~Allied Sovereignty (First group of varied species with organized government. Humans, Maians)

~Skedar ( PD reference)

This is based before the movies and games and will tell of how the Star Wars galaxy first started out. The ancient humans have finally discovered space travel and with the help of their new allies, The Maians, a civilization of extraterrestrials, have stopped warring against their fellow man. Peace reigned until the Skedar attacked. A vicious group of predatorial creatures. The ancient ancestors of the Chistori, they are vengeful and want to control the galaxy.

There are only 3 species because no more have been found by the humans, Maians, or Skedar (the skedar destroy the new species they find). The humans have only landed on a few planets and the jedi are not in abundance. The few that recognize they're power are usually exiled. The skedar are voilent and it is common for them to kill each other out of spite. All species talk in English (to make things easier), but the Skedar have a tendency of saying a few words and then waiting and finishing the sentence 5-20 seconds later.

This will play out on a first come, first serve basis. You want a main character (who I will name if this is chosen) then you get there first and ask.

Number of People Interested: Me, Puddle_Man, Maegereg

BriJr

[This message has been edited by BriJr (edited 04-29-2006 @ 12:51 PM).]

posted 04-28-06 03:16 PM EDT (US)     10 / 334  
    @ BriJr: Quite like you're idea, exploring parts of star wars that have not been touched before. We could be as creative as we wanted to be, but sooner or later we would have to integrate the Rakatans and the ifinite empire (if the rpg got that far).

@ Sir Billy: Again, another good idea. It would be enjoyable seeing Palpatine/Sidious watching everything he has forseen crumble into dust.

I'd join both RPG's if they were formed so put me down as interested.

~~~Code of the Sith~~~

Peace is a lie,there is only passion, Through Passion, I gain strength,Through strength, I gain power,Through Power, I gain victory,Through victory, my chains are broken The force shall set me free

[This forrumer has been edited by Satan] COME WITH ME TO HELL!!

posted 04-28-06 05:13 PM EDT (US)     11 / 334  
    Anyone else interested?

BriJr
    posted 04-28-06 05:37 PM EDT (US)     12 / 334  
    RPG Name- Star Wars: The Bounty
    Author: Bando_Gora1138

Description: In the aftermath of the galaxy-wide CLONE WARS, it is a time of peace and order in the galaxy. The complacent and ineffective beauracracy of the Republic has been replaced by a new GALACTIC EMPIRE. But a new group threatens the newfound stability. Calling themselves the SEPARATIST COUNTER-REACTIONARY FRONT, this terrorist group has unleashed a virus across the young Imperial HoloNet, spreading their propaganda to former Separatist worlds, whose people are starving from cruel sieges and carted off as slaves. In response to this new development, EMPEROR PALPATINE and his new Sith apprentice, DARTH VADER, have recruited a team of elite bounty hunters to capture and eliminate the terrorists at the source. But the SC-RF has its own plans to cripple and destroy the new Empire...

Number of People Interested: Me, Psychoman, Maegereg, others pending

Proud Bearer of the Imperial Legion of SWU's Distinguished Newbie Award
    < o >
    Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
    "Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
    FREE TIBET!

[This message has been edited by Bando_Gora1138 (edited 04-29-2006 @ 12:59 PM).]

posted 04-28-06 07:40 PM EDT (US)     13 / 334  
    I am interested in your RPG, Bando. Pretty much, I am game for anything that includes a bounty hunter...they rock...

Anything you see in me is in you. If you want to see a vicious killer, that's who you'll see, do you understand that? If you see me as your brother, that's what I'll be. It all depends on how much love you have. I am you, and when you can admit that, you will be free. I am just a mirror.--Charles Manson
    posted 04-28-06 08:40 PM EDT (US)     14 / 334  
    Meh, I want to ressurect Convulsion, Legacy of Pirates. It ran 22 posts...

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
    Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
    Dedicated RPer
    posted 04-29-06 00:01 AM EDT (US)     15 / 334  
    Resurected RPG's usually don't so so well. Though as we have seen in OR they can work. It would be better if someone tried something... new. I don't know, maybe those of you who want to join an RPG should look at those moving. OR is going really strong right now I am proud to say

posted 04-29-06 01:42 AM EDT (US)     16 / 334  
    We should get some, like, official reviewers or something.

BriJr

[This message has been edited by BriJr (edited 04-29-2006 @ 12:47 PM).]

posted 04-29-06 12:50 PM EDT (US)     17 / 334  
    I'm nterested in BriJr's and Bando Gorra's.

Maegereg
    ,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 04-29-06 01:50 PM EDT (US)     18 / 334  
    What about mine, Maegereg?

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
    This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
    L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.
    posted 04-29-06 05:43 PM EDT (US)     19 / 334  
    I might have made it before I put a "pitch" in on this calander but I was ignorant of it. Anyone interested in the "Bounty Hunter" one I made?

Anything you see in me is in you. If you want to see a vicious killer, that's who you'll see, do you understand that? If you see me as your brother, that's what I'll be. It all depends on how much love you have. I am you, and when you can admit that, you will be free. I am just a mirror.--Charles Manson
    posted 04-29-06 08:42 PM EDT (US)     20 / 334  
    Well Convulsion was a really good idea, and it had really good players in it, but it still died.

Meh I'll wait on it, but Convulsion is coming back.

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
    Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
    Dedicated RPer
    posted 04-30-06 08:05 PM EDT (US)     21 / 334  
    Alrighty, guys, I need your help. I have 3 RPG ideas.

-The Hundred-Year Darkness: 6,900 BBY (aka the Second Great Schism where the Dark Jedi eventually get exiled from the Republic)

-Legacy of the Force: 40 ABY (I'm not going to follow the previewed storyline at all instead we'll have the Sith return and see a huge war erupt between the light and dark sides)

-Alternative ANH: 0 BBY (What would've happened if Leia contacted Obi-Wan Kenobi, would have a large opening post, basically Obi-Wan'd take Luke to Alderaan, meet up with Bail Organa, then spark a full-scale Rebellion, who wouldn't want to see Vader and the Emperor actually fighting on teh front lines?)

So, what should I develope further. I need your help.

~Ãû$tïñ Powrs~
    INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTERY
    Coolness:
    Smartness:
    Sexyness:
    posted 04-30-06 09:57 PM EDT (US)     22 / 334  
    I'd like to a D20 simulatin at one point, as in when I see what the interest level is...

Dedicated RPer
    posted 05-01-06 08:51 AM EDT (US)     23 / 334  
    IMO, Legacy of the Force would be the best of those three, Austin.
    posted 05-01-06 02:41 PM EDT (US)     24 / 334  
    Yea I would have to lean more towards your legacy of the Force idea Austin.

Pacifica, D20 RPG's have been tried but they are rather hard to do, trust me :P

posted 05-01-06 02:47 PM EDT (US)     25 / 334  
    EDIT: Nevermind

BriJr

[This message has been edited by BriJr (edited 05-01-2006 @ 02:53 PM).]

posted 05-01-06 05:42 PM EDT (US)     26 / 334  
    Well if Persia and DSF both agree. I'll share what I have so far.

Although battle-scarred from the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, the galaxy has at large returned to normal. Things wind down, and everything goes well, for a while. People begin to question the Jedi, the Galactic Alliance, and how the war was handled. Many thought that if someone like Palpatine had been in charge the Yuuzhan Vong would have been exterminated before they made it even close to the Core Worlds. The most extreme think that a new empire would benefit the galaxy greater than the Alliance or Jedi ever could because, unlike the Galactic Alliance or New Republic before it, the Empire's reign had been stable, with no massive wars or rampant destruction like the galaxy had seen in recent years.

The conflicts brews....

Things progressively get worse, arguments boil between those who support the Alliance and those who call for reform of the so-called 'weak' government and Jedi. Arguments escalate to violence. On worlds such as Kuat, which had benefitted massively under the Empire and suffered major damage in the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, riots break out and Jedi are deployed to help keep the peace, but this seems only to anger the rioters even more. Discontent even spreads among the Jedi. And some decide leave the Order.

Into the fray steps a mysterious man, he comes to the discontent around the galaxy, saying he can lead them to a new golden age. His movement gains strength. Some worlds openly revolt and declare themselves independent of the Galactic Alliance and Jedi, although only the most extreme.

The galaxy is on the brink of war, it needs only a spark to ignite the flames.

Alright, I still have to think of that 'spark' any help would be nice.

When this whole war actually starts, we'll see a new empire that trains Sith squaring off with the Jedi and Galactic Alliance. The strange man who's helping those who will eventually join this new Empire is going to be some kind of Sith/Dark Jedi (perhaps frozen in carbonite from the Sith Wars/KOTO era?).

The new bad guys will definitely have an Imperial theme to them and do everything based on how the Empire did it because that's what they want to rebuild. So, we will see the "Three S's" as I like to call 'em-Stormtroopers, Superweapons, and Star Destroyers.

That's why I thought the name 'Galactic Sith Empire' fits, the onyl problem is that I first heard it on www.rpggamer.org think it'd be okay to use?

I'm also contemplating doing a faction, or character-based RPG. If it is faction ,it would be liek the Return of the Jedi series.

Now, this idea is light years away from perfect and I'd like as much input as possible, all ideas are welcome.

~Ãû$tïñ Powrs~
    Coolness:
    Smartness:
    Sexyness:

[This message has been edited by Austin Powers (edited 05-01-2006 @ 05:47 PM).]

posted 05-01-06 06:18 PM EDT (US)     27 / 334  
    I'd recommend fully character-based.

Now I will destroy the whole world...
    posted 05-01-06 06:57 PM EDT (US)     28 / 334  
    Yea no offense ot faction but... I just don't do them :P

posted 05-01-06 07:11 PM EDT (US)     29 / 334  
    Alrighty. Faction could be harder anyways. So, ideas for the story?

~Ãû$tïñ Powrs~
    Coolness:
    Smartness:
    Sexyness:
    posted 05-01-06 07:27 PM EDT (US)     30 / 334  
    I always like stories that begin with huge battles. Gladiator, Starwars 3 ect ect. Maybe all the characters begin in the same huge battle and when it ends go there seperate ways. Maybe to meet up later along the way to fight or to ally. Whatever, just some ideas.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 12  Next Page »
    SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » The RPG Calendar
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames