You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Discussion
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: I my good people have a fix for you all that you may love.
posted 07-04-10 10:26 AM EDT (US)   
I edgarwelington the first oh no hold on.... I Swish_swish Have a fix fore people who want to play SWGB without the damn color problem you know with the red and green pixels everywhere? well just put:

This if for Sega edition:
taskkill /F /IM Explorer.exe
battlegrounds_x1.exe
Start explorer.exe

for just the original (IE without clone camp's):
Battlegrounds.exe
Start explorer.exe

onto a text document them save it as <insertname>.BAT
place the file into were your .exe (the file named battlegrounds_x1.exe) is and open the file and ta-da fix'd
NOTE:To take a screenshot you need to open the game via its normal .exe
for windows 7 64 bit the directory is: C:/Program Files(X86)/LucasArts/Star Wars Galactic Battelgrounds Saga/Game

For Windows 7 32 bit the directory is:
C:/Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars Galactic Battelgrounds Saga/Game

For vista and XP the direct will be the same as win 7 32 bit. however I don't think XP has as much of a problem as vista and win 7

YOU HAVE TO START THE GAME VIA THE .BAT FILE OR IT WILL NOT WORK!!!!

Also the fix for age of empires 2 is here:
Expansion:
age2_x1.exe
Start explorer.exe

Normal:
EMPIRES2.exe
Start explorer.exe

Zaarin: And don't forget Vrook's famous bedside manners. It'd be more like, "Woman, if you don't stop that screaming this instant, I swear...And look how you got blood on my robes. Can't you see that bleeding on people messes everything up and leads to the Dark Side? No, of course you can't; you're too selfish to see that just like you always were."
SWGB Color FIX: http://swgb.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=1&tn=61817&st=recent&f=1,61817,0,10

[This message has been edited by Swish_Swish (edited 07-09-2010 @ 05:09 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07-04-10 02:02 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10  
If this works, then I freakin' love you. I just noticed this ridiculousness when I playtested Rossk's campaign the other day--first time I'd been in GB in years--and it was annoying me. I'll be back later to report in.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"And now the moon, earth's friend, that cared so much/for us, and cared so little, comes again—/always a stranger!"--Robert Lowell, "The Public Garden"
posted 07-04-10 08:14 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10  
It will work so long as you put it in were you installed SWGB then into game for example I put mine were it should be on windows 7 64 bit:
C:/Program Files(X86)/LucasArts/Star Wars Galactic Battelgrounds Saga/Game

Zaarin: And don't forget Vrook's famous bedside manners. It'd be more like, "Woman, if you don't stop that screaming this instant, I swear...And look how you got blood on my robes. Can't you see that bleeding on people messes everything up and leads to the Dark Side? No, of course you can't; you're too selfish to see that just like you always were."
SWGB Color FIX: http://swgb.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=1&tn=61817&st=recent&f=1,61817,0,10
posted 07-05-10 02:42 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10  
Works wonderfully, thank you.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"And now the moon, earth's friend, that cared so much/for us, and cared so little, comes again—/always a stranger!"--Robert Lowell, "The Public Garden"
posted 07-05-10 09:41 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10  
Welcome

posted 07-09-10 05:06 AM EDT (US)     5 / 10  
There seems to be a bug. however I also have a sort of fix: if you run the game via the .bat file you cant take screenshots so to take a screen shot open the game normally.

The reason for this is taking a screenshot then having it saved require explore the very thing you need to close to fix the discoloration.

posted 07-12-10 03:53 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10  
why not just use a registry fix? then you can also make screenshots without problems...
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectDraw\Compatibility\Clone Campaigns]
"Flags"=hex:00,08,00,00
"Name"="battlegrounds_x1.exe"
"ID"=hex:42,71,f5,3c

=) worked for a friend of mine(win7) and me(vista). no batch file needed anymore. just put the code in some text editor and make the file extension .reg . doubleclick and accept the registry change.

[This message has been edited by Edi_P (edited 07-12-2010 @ 03:56 PM).]

posted 07-12-10 11:19 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10  
I could give that a try.

posted 10-12-10 00:58 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10  
Thankyou!!

I still have no idea why my game's colour mucked up in the first place, i had played it fine for months..

I do think, that you are thinking, that my signature, required little thought.
posted 10-31-10 05:39 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10  
no prob. Its because of windows vista and 7 them and it affects diff people at diff times. Oh and rearly you can get this on XP but im not so shoure why.

posted 12-14-10 01:43 AM EDT (US)     10 / 10  
OOOHHH MUI MUI I LOVVEEEE YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!! =D=D=D

This is definetelly great mate!!! I Knew someone would have had to figure out a solution for it =D

Just a couple of doubts and Issues XD

1. It always close all my opened folders ;P

2. It doesnt shows the "Start Game" nicy menu XD

3. If I can only take screenshots with the normal default game.exe and not your .bat, then would the screenshots appear with the horrible pixels =s ???

These are just me being really picky about it but, AWESOME WORK!!!

*-------Vandaliser--------*
(__-___Lord*Bane___-__)
<<........*¨88¨*........>>
Episode IV Full Campaign
---The Movie's Game Begins---
Member Of FLD
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Game Discussion » I my good people have a fix for you all that you may love.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames