You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modpack Discussion
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 86  Next Page »
posted 02-21-12 03:51 PM EDT (US)   

Welcome to Expanding Fronts
Star Wars Galactic battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts is a massive fan-made expansion that brings countless new units, gameplay features, and quality of life improvements to the classic LucasArts strategy game.

New Features

• New Civilizations! Battle with or against seven entirely new playable civilizations; the Zann Consortium, Geonosians, First Order, Resistance, New Republic, Imperial Remnant, and Black Sun. Each new faction is fully realized with a unique graphics set, as well as a competitive roster of new unique units and technologies.

• New Units and Techs! The standard unit and tech tree roster of each civ has been enhanced with numerous new units and technologies. Use Transport Mechs to ferry infantry into battle; dominate the skies with the Interceptor; annihilate coastal defenses with Monitor ships; and much more!

• New Maps! Expanding Fronts provides players with over 40 new Random Map scripts, based on various worlds from the Star Wars universe. Over 100 new terrain options, native buildings that provide benefits when captured, and enhanced scripting capabilities make these settings more unique than anything ever seen before in GB. From the wastelands of Jakku to the snow-tipped peaks of Alderaan; the galaxy is yours to conquer!

• Bigger Battles! Expanding Fronts greatly extends the maximum population limit, allowing players to field massive armies of up to 1,000 units! In addition, the maximum map size for skirmish games and scenarios has been increased, with experimental options ranging up to 640x640 tiles - over three times the size of the default Giant map!

• Enhanced Scenario Editor! The barriers of the editor have been shattered with countless new enhancements. Off-grid object placement, new terrains, hundreds of added props, and completely new trigger conditions and effects make designing complex scenarios and campaigns easier than ever before!

• Performance and Stability Improvements! Widescreen/Windowed mode support, increased framerate, and numerous user customization options allow GB to run on modern systems with ease.

Can I help?
    Expanding Fronts is always looking for new helpers! We are currently in need of:

• Concept artists to help us visualize units and structures for planned new civilizations.

• Skilled 3D artists who can create, animate, and render infantry, animals, structures, and vehicles.

• AI scripters to help ensure computer players know how to make effective use of all of the new units, techs, and features.

• Writers and Scenario Designers to help us create new campaigns, as well as single and multiplayer scenarios that demonstrate the many new features Expanding Fronts brings to Battlegrounds.

LATEST NEWS
    Expanding Fronts 1.5 Released!

DOWNLOADS
    Expanding Fronts 1.5.2

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    New Scenario Editor Guide
    Troubleshooting Guide

SCREENSHOT GALLERY
    (Select thumbnail to view full image)

GALACTIC EMPIRE

GUNGAN GRAND ARMY

REBEL ALLIANCE

ROYAL NABOO

TRADE FEDERATION

WOOKIEES

GALACTIC REPUBLIC

CONFEDERACY

ZANN CONSORTIUM

GEONOSIANS

FIRST ORDER

RESISTANCE

OTHERS

ARMY STRONG
    "Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 03-25-2024 @ 12:58 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 02-21-12 05:31 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2139  
    Yay, official thread! Had I seen the podracers before? Don't remember them.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
    deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
    "But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
    What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"And now the moon, earth's friend, that cared so much/for us, and cared so little, comes again—/always a stranger!"--Robert Lowell, "The Public Garden"
    posted 02-21-12 05:42 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2139  
    Those podracers were made way back in 2001 by Ykkrosh, but this is the first time we're showing them in this mod.

We want to include as much of the good content from the GBH community as possible, in addition to the all new units.

ARMY STRONG
    "Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    posted 02-21-12 06:32 PM EDT (US)     3 / 2139  
    Oh, I do remember that mod. There were some good units in there.

"And now the moon, earth's friend, that cared so much/for us, and cared so little, comes again—/always a stranger!"--Robert Lowell, "The Public Garden"
    posted 02-21-12 06:38 PM EDT (US)     4 / 2139  
    WoohooO!!!! We have a progress thread! And a ModDB page!? >_>

I know I still have the original banner I made a while ago around here somewhere... I'll have to create a new one from the looks of it, but the one you have right now looks great

I'm excited, it's out of the bag now!

posted 02-21-12 07:48 PM EDT (US)     5 / 2139  
    Wicked cool.

bryl | last.fm
    bring on 2015
    posted 02-21-12 08:27 PM EDT (US)     6 / 2139  
    I may be able to do a little 2D designing. Just to be a part of this would be brilliant.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
    The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
    posted 02-21-12 08:41 PM EDT (US)     7 / 2139  
    Sure. If you can provide us with some quality artwork (preferably LucasArts quality), we can use whatever we can get.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    posted 02-22-12 06:52 AM EDT (US)     8 / 2139  
    Well, what do you need?

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

posted 02-22-12 08:26 AM EDT (US)     9 / 2139  
    At this point, we need buildings, mechs, ships, and aircraft designs for the smaller SWGB civs such as the Naboo, Gungans, and Wookiees.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    posted 02-22-12 11:28 AM EDT (US)     10 / 2139  
    Will this mod include new singleplayer campaigns?

bryl | last.fm
    bring on 2015
    posted 02-22-12 11:36 AM EDT (US)     11 / 2139  
    If everything goes as planned, there will be a new campaign for each civilization. In addition, the stock campaigns are being adjusted to support the new content.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 02-22-2012 @ 11:39 AM).]

posted 02-22-12 04:28 PM EDT (US)     12 / 2139  
    Cool. Well let me know if you need any help with that, I'd love to contribute (and I can't mod for shit).

bryl | last.fm
    bring on 2015
    posted 02-22-12 07:28 PM EDT (US)     13 / 2139  
    We'll definitely be needing some level designers as the mod finishes up. I would like to follow the route LucasArts took and have a different team design each campaign, but I doubt we'll ever have enough people for that task.

In the meantime:

Something's different, but I can't quite figure out what...

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 02-22-2012 @ 09:18 PM).]

posted 02-22-12 09:10 PM EDT (US)     14 / 2139  
    Are the speeders new?

posted 02-22-12 09:35 PM EDT (US)     15 / 2139  
    Actually... they're old. Like, GB Beta old.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 02-22-2012 @ 09:45 PM).]

posted 02-23-12 04:26 AM EDT (US)     16 / 2139  
    Where are you getting those old sprites?

bryl | last.fm
    bring on 2015
    posted 02-23-12 04:36 AM EDT (US)     17 / 2139  
    The details behind these new/old images were posted in the last thread. But I guess everybody was too busy playing grab-ass with SEACKER to notice.

Neat little story behind these images. I contacted Michael Licht, one of the original artists for SWGB, Battle For Naboo, Jedi Power Battles, Bounty Hunter, and Republic Commando. He allowed us to use various pieces of the early rendered art that he worked on. Many of them were not used in the final game, such as the Academy (which I believe was originally the Monument) and that nifty-looking Spaceport pictured above.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 02-23-2012 @ 01:15 PM).]

posted 02-23-12 07:55 AM EDT (US)     18 / 2139  
    I'm going to just draw up some military-looking buildings, probably Wookiee and Naboo. I'll leave the team to decide what they're for or whether to use them or not.

posted 02-23-12 01:13 PM EDT (US)     19 / 2139  
    Oh, I did miss that. That is very cool.

posted 02-23-12 11:06 PM EDT (US)     20 / 2139  
    Yep.

Alright. A big issue we're dealing with is new infantry units. We have very few new troop graphics available, and a huge friggen roster of infantry units to fill. If anybody has quality work to offer, please help us out.

Having these new infantry is essential in order for many of the new subfactions to properly function.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    posted 02-24-12 06:50 AM EDT (US)     21 / 2139  
    Erm... I did this a while ago and never got round to finishing it. It's a Rebel commando with a kind of heavy repeater.

posted 02-24-12 09:16 AM EDT (US)     22 / 2139  
    That... actually looks pretty friggen awesome for a crop-mod. If you can touch up the gun and actually finish it, we can probably put it to use.

Also, I'd recommend that you upload any images in .PNG format to retain their quality.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 02-24-2012 @ 11:09 AM).]

posted 02-24-12 11:47 AM EDT (US)     23 / 2139  
    Okay... wow, I didn't actually think it was that good.

posted 02-24-12 02:12 PM EDT (US)     24 / 2139  
    What are we looking at for the infantry units needed? I've got some time on my hands and I can try my hand at making some units. It'd have to be purely graphical work though, cause I'm not very good at any of the other aspects of modding.
    posted 02-24-12 07:59 PM EDT (US)     25 / 2139  
    what kind of skills do you have for modding? 3d stuff, paint stuff, etc?

Sarthos |Sovereign of Syrup
    Uber_Mod_Project | Military Dictator of Modpack Discussion
    Winner of the true Canadian Fourmer Award for going above and beyond the call of being Canadian.
    Winner of the EoD award for the most pointless attempt to prove some one wrong at the expense of his own health
    Pfft. We all know Merai is so liberal that he uses his left hand. :p - Moff
    Lady Gaga is a genius, actually - Crazed Ewok
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 86  Next Page »
    SWGB Heaven » Forums » Modpack Discussion » Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames