Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Shadow Wraith : Dawn of Darkness
posted 01-13-03 08:20 AM EDT (US)   

This project is set 2000 years after the battle of Endor. The New Republic has created a brand new technology known as the Shadow Wraith. If properly Utilised this can render whole armies useless. Kept on the secret space station Muir the Shadow Wraith is protected untill its eventually use....

You start of by playing as Dimov a terrorist activist looking to capture the Shadow Wraith and use it for galaxy domination. But when his plans go down with the Muir the Shadow Wraith is gone. Years go by and the Republic start the creation of a new Shadow Wraith this time twice as strong. However the search for the old one goes on.

When the origional Shadow Wraith is found along with Dimov a huge intergalactic war takes place in an effort to destroy the Shadow Wraith and its power. what will happen to the Shadow Wraith and its possessor. Is this the dawn of a permanent darkness or is there a flicker of hope.

YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND FIND OUT

This will include several playable levels with good eyecandy.

It will include health packs and a new AI being written by me whereby you can select your weapon as you pick a new one up.

PRP members get first choice as to wether they will playtest. If they dont then i will need one or two.

If this works out well hopefully it will be the start of a three part series. Im not sure what ill do yet.

Shadow Wraith - Prologue 60% This is all ive made so far. Id like to know what you think before i make it as its a big task. Oh and General Ritson i may be needing your help on bits ill keep you posted.

Find more info and the picture if it doesnt show at my website.
www.freewebs.com/knotted

[This message has been edited by Knotted maggots (edited 01-17-2003 @ 07:35 AM).]

Replies:
posted 01-13-03 09:27 AM EDT (US)     1 / 25  
Good Luck !!

<< EMPEROR TUNGOR >>
Head Map Designer of PRP
The Best of Me : Battle of Auaria & A Busy Day in Naboo
!! Currently Constructing my last piece of work before I fully leave SWGBH & PRP !!
posted 01-13-03 10:49 AM EDT (US)     2 / 25  
Nice job. Hope you do well on it.

Proud Member of Pariah Designs Productions (Active group?)

Current Project

Empire Wars Series
posted 01-14-03 11:56 AM EDT (US)     3 / 25  
To fix your picture problem try putting shadow.GIF
posted 01-17-03 07:37 AM EDT (US)     4 / 25  
Hey i got the picture up and running. Please people come and post your views on this campaign
posted 01-17-03 10:50 AM EDT (US)     5 / 25  
Looks good Knotted.

*******************_____**************
______________\___|}__*************
----<[==Darth Zach=====\************
"""""""""""""""""""\)|"\===\***********
\===\***********
"""""""**********

posted 01-17-03 04:19 PM EDT (US)     6 / 25  
Sounds interesting.
Maybe the New Republic would have just gone on to name themselves simply the Republic after being around after 2,000 years.
Anyway nice idea.

"United we stand; Divided we fall"
"If at first you don't suceed skydivings not for you"

"The question in life is not whether you get knocked down. You will.
The question is, are you ready to get back up... and fight for what you believe in."

"Take THAT and THAT and THAT and THAT! Ha! I warned you, didn't I? Didn't I warn you? I thought I warned you. I didn't? Oh, sorry."
posted 01-17-03 06:08 PM EDT (US)     7 / 25  
Sounds great!
posted 01-17-03 11:54 PM EDT (US)     8 / 25  
you know im gonna PlAyTeSt!

count me in!

Member of PurpleRacoon Productions: Western_Rebel
Could I offer you ladies a cool beverage or tasty snack? -Eric Cartmann
Circumstances? What are circumstances? I make circumstances! -Napolean
Creator of Mandalorian Warz
Creator of Beta Gunga
Current project: Mandalorian Warz FV
posted 01-21-03 08:18 AM EDT (US)     9 / 25  
Hey Knotted, congratulations on getting on the front page of SWGBH (that's probably old news but I haven't been on for a few days).
posted 01-26-03 10:00 AM EDT (US)     10 / 25  
Mmmmm... Eyecandy...

The weapon changing sounds good. Keep at it, Knotted!

Oh, the countless times I tried to warn you all, the zeppelins ARE coming!
posted 01-26-03 10:41 AM EDT (US)     11 / 25  
I saw you on the zone, Knotted!

Good luck.Sounds good - can't wait to play.

Get your hands off my woman!
Coz thats life, baby.
posted 01-28-03 07:29 AM EDT (US)     12 / 25  
Really when. What was your zone name.
posted 01-28-03 11:28 AM EDT (US)     13 / 25  
'Twas about 3 weeks ago.My name was at that point Linkinparkgod0, my desperatly hated name which I have now got rid of, and replaced with 'Master_Welsh'.See you sometime...

Get your hands off my woman!
Coz thats life, baby.
posted 03-18-03 09:23 AM EDT (US)     14 / 25  
**UPDATE**

I'm well under way with the first level. It is set in the middle of an ice lake. It is a level set in Deliverance camp. The main camp for deliverance a terrorist organisation to which you belong too. Whilst discussing matters with one of your technical aids, the camp is attacked by the republics anti terror force known as Xeros.

You must fight along side deliverance members as you fight through severla subteranean and ground level buildings.

The frst level includes the change to try out the weapon changing system as you can pick up an anti tank gun and an anti personal weopon.

You can also steal an enemy decimator and go on the rampage.

Screenshots SOON

[This message has been edited by Knotted maggots (edited 03-18-2003 @ 09:25 AM).]

posted 03-18-03 03:13 PM EDT (US)     15 / 25  
Sounds great, Knotted maggots. Good luck.
posted 03-19-03 07:06 AM EDT (US)     16 / 25  

Quoted from Chris_Mortimore:

Maybe the New Republic would have just gone on to name themselves simply the Republic after being around after 2,000 years.

Chris_Mortimore, you might take a look at this thread if you wonder if they have change their name. Knotted Maggots, I think you also should take a look at the thread.
posted 03-23-03 06:09 PM EDT (US)     17 / 25  
HEY! I didn't give anyone permission to use my name!

*** Current Project: Clan Histories - Apocalypse ***
posted 03-25-03 12:42 PM EDT (US)     18 / 25  
@Shodowratihe I dont care if ur name is the name of my progect and anyway uve spelt yours differantly

Update : The first level crashed big time. You know when the screen cuts of you get music playing in the background. I really dont feel up to cheaking the triggers so ive gone on to level 2.

This level takes place after the battle and you hunt down an opperative who knows where the Shadow Wraith is.

posted 03-26-03 03:08 AM EDT (US)     19 / 25  

Quoted from Knot:

t will include health packs and a new AI being written by me whereby you can select your weapon as you pick a new one up.

You can do that without an AI.

Boris Buggy
I would like you all to know I am annoyingly shallow when in my "Boris" persona. So says Socks.
posted 05-09-03 02:59 PM EDT (US)     20 / 25  
Well like i said the first level crashed so i totally scrapped it. then i got bored with this project and its sat collecting dust for ages. Just to let you know that progress is slow and will be even slower as i have my GCSEs. So basically this wont be out for quite a while. If i get extremely bored with it i am handing it over to Master Welsh
posted 05-15-03 02:40 PM EDT (US)     21 / 25  
Well basically i hacve been contemplating the fate of this project for some time. I want to know wether i shall continue with it. Just so you know what to expect heres the story line feasturing all three parts.

Shadow Wraith : Dawn Of Darkness

A terrorist group who continually attacks the republic finds their hidden base under attack. One activist Dimov escapes with the objective to steal the Shadow Wraith. A weopon that when activated will render entire armies usless. It is hidden aboard the Muir station where it was constructed. Dimov fights his way into Muir and is seen in the room with the Wraith. This campaign ends as the Muir station is destroyed and the wraith lost...

Shadw Wraith : Muster of Power

... 10 years later

It has come to the Republics attention that a desturbance in the force has occured. All the evil in the galaxy is amassing on the grassy planet of Amantium. The Yuzhan Vong , Sith , Tuskens and many other evil forms have massed there. Drawn by an unknow force. Realising that the galaxy is under threat the 2nd battalian of the Republic guard are sent to the planet. They never return. The enemy has appeared to muster a force of evil and so the republic returns by gathering an alliance of man and beast to encounter the evil. Naboo pledges its entire army to the cause along with a contingency of Gungans. The republic also pledges the entire Galactic Peace force. In total an army of many hundreds of thousands is mustered including a large force of Jedi Knights.

The factions are :

Republic 1st army : General Darn Cosder
Rebulic 3rd Advanced technical core : Captain Fordon
The Naboo Royal guard : General Sarn Gafer
The Gungan Grand Army : Boss Harto
The Jedi Knights : Jedi Master Dol Samger
The campaign sees you control Dol Samger as you rally support and ends in the Start of the War of the Wraith.

The Republic army lands on Amantium and engages the forces of evil.

Shadow Wraith : War of the wraith

This entire campaign will be about the huge battle that ensues. Each scenario will see you control a differant faction as you fight evil.

Level 1 : Holding the beachhead

The Naboo Royal guard occupy the ancient fortress city of Minar Porith. They quickly garrison a large army and hold a vast region stretching from a main river. The Fort comes under attack from legions of Tuskens and Droids. All looks bad and Sarn Gafer sends out a plea to General Darn Cosder to sent immediate hope. Just as the gate is about to fall and all seems lost in the distance the standard of the Republic is seen.

Level 2 : Battle of Minar Porith

You control Darn Cosders men and Sarn Gafers men as you throw back the enemy host and secure the region

Level 3 : Last March of the Jedi

The Yuzhan Vong attack the Jedi landing craft and take them by surprise. It takes a huge effort from the jedi as they manage to enhialate the host. As they are recouperating a host of Sith come pouring out of the Shadow Gate that leads to the source of the evil. You must repel the sith and advance to the gate.

Level 4 : Scourge of the Siath

The siath is held by the Gungan Army. Included is the fortress city of Separoros. The city comes under the attack of Hundreds of Tuskens and sith knights. The Gungans must hold them off.

Level 5 : The fleet of Fordon

It seems as if the Gungans are going to loose when suddenly Fordon arrives with his mechanised army travelling in ships up the river. They come to the aid.

Level 6 : End of the shadow.

All the factions advance onto the source of the evil. The take down the gate of shadow and advance to the dead city of Morgoth. There they encounter the second battalian of the Republic guard. All becomes clear. When they landed 2 years before they were immediataly encompassed by the power of the Sahdow Wraith. The factions of good must wage war with their own kind before finally killing the evil Dimov and casting the Wraith into permament Darkness.

[This message has been edited by Knotted maggots (edited 05-15-2003 @ 02:41 PM).]

posted 05-15-03 03:37 PM EDT (US)     22 / 25  
*hypnotises Knotted Maggots*
You MUST complete this campaign, I repeat, you MUST complete this campaign!

Anyway nice to see all those levels that you might create

WENDAL - Le Parkour = Le Manta!
.•°*”˜˜”*°•.˜”*°••°*”˜.•°*”˜˜”*°•.
.•°*”˜˜”*°•.˜”*°•.˜”*°•. Wendal .•°*”˜.•°*”˜.•°*”˜˜”*°•.
..•°*”˜.•°*”˜.•°*”˜ ˜”*°•.˜”*°•.˜”*°•..•°*”˜˜”*°•.
posted 05-16-03 06:21 AM EDT (US)     23 / 25  
Knotted, if you like, I can make the maps for this.

<< EMPEROR TUNGOR >>
Head Map Designer of PRP
The Best of Me : Battle of Auaria & A Busy Day in Naboo
!! Currently Constructing my last piece of work before I fully leave SWGBH & PRP !!
posted 05-16-03 02:04 PM EDT (US)     24 / 25  
Master Obi,

Hypnosis does not work on me. I was hypnotised when i was young to not be affected by anymore hypnosis. Sorry

Emperor,

Cool if i do go ahead and finish it then sure you can help.

posted 05-23-03 05:26 AM EDT (US)     25 / 25  
YIPPIE

I just finished Level 1 . I started it yesterday and have been working on it for 7 hours straight today. All i can think about know is Shadow Wrait so i think my heads messed up.

Screenies soon

SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Shadow Wraith : Dawn of Darkness
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames