You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Did someone say something, about.... Half-Life?
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
posted 07-25-05 12:37 PM EDT (US)   
Now that many scenario designers return and finish their projects, I can't be not one of them. That's why I am here to proudly and officially announce one of my former projects..... Half-Life

Please note that this is just the announcement thread, not the actual showcase (who will be made just before the launch).

About
Half-Life is going to thrash away all former campaign concepts. This campaign introduces many new things, all combined in a new style of playing. Half-Life is the new generation of SWGB campaigns.

My personal task is to not only create a cool and fun campaign, but to also go for innovation and style. I am trying to bring map design, playability and balance to perfect heights, but besides that working alot on the unique atmosphere, that kind of special that made the original Half-Life (and its successor) so popular too.

Can I succeed in doing this? I don't know. But atleast, I can give you a sneak peak of how it's going to be...

To experience Half-Life abit, please listen to this (randomly token) HL music file. It gives you the right impression to read this thread.

Story
Half-Life's story will be...different...like the original PC game too. Expect no plots - talking cutscenes - twists - and many characters..
Half-Life is about the experience and the unique atmosphere. Do you hear the music?

You are Gordon Freeman, or, is Gordon Freeman you? You've agreed to work for your old mentor in the old decomissioned missle base Black Mesa in New Mexico. But then things go horribly wrong, and hell has come down on earth. You are one of the few survivors, and you've got to work together with the others to survive, and get to the surface.

Features
~ Unique Half-Life atmosphere: sounds, music, map design and scripted events create an unique scenario

~ Weapon system: Half-Life's AI was the base model for the Ultimate RPG AI who covers projectile detection. Half-Life uses a never-before-seen weapon system that covers 4, yes 4 different weapons with ammo counter: Light Blaster, Medium Blaster, Powerblast and Grenades. The Light Blaster is the base weapon of the game, with unlimited ammo. The Medium Blaster is a heavy gun with awesome damage that rips enemy's down like nothing. Ammo, however is scarce. The Powerblast, acquired late in the game, upgrades your blaster with a special device that gives you an extra attack with one, powerful shot that is used to defeat bosses. Grenades (made visual thanks to a new trick) are used to create new paths and to solve puzzles.

~ Extensive sound use: Half-Life uses over 80 sounds, token from the original Half-Life and 8 soundtracks from Half-Life 2. Never before has there been so much diversity and atmosphere from sounds in a campaign.

~ New gameplay puzzles: Half-Life will contain many puzzles which require logical thinking.

~ Fight with your compagnions: Barney, the security guard and Dr. Kleiner (your old mentor) and a new personage will assist you in fights and puzzles. They can be commanded to guard an area or to travel with you at any time.

~ Others: Half-Life has superb and detailed map design, many new trigger tricks, and "the best ingame effects seen in a SWGB scenario ever" - Pink Panther.

Screenshots
Here are four older screenshots, who have been posted already in a Raven Studios Flyer.

Here you can see the Black Mesa Transit system traveling on the surface.

Gordon has used a grenade with a taunt, a grenade that is actually visible, if you look closely near the arrow.

When all goes wrong...

Black Mesa machinery.

Now come a series of newer screenshots, who have been resized abit.

Gordon on the road with Barney and Dr. Kleiner.

Gordon uses the Medium Blaster to kill an Alien Slave.

Gordon travels through the darker area's of the Black Mesa Complex.

Playtesting
I'm taking playtesters on request. You gotta be good though.

Closing
I hope I gave you a good impression of what it is going to be like. I'm still working on it, and I can guarantee you that the first scenario will be released within the next two months. I'll try to give progress reports in this thread until the showcase is done.

This scenario will be released under both Raven Studios and Hard Core Designs tags.

I want to thank Pink Panther for sending me all sound files back (all 80). Respect!

Thank you for reading and have a nice evening,

Bendak

B e n d e r s . . . © 2004

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub

[This message has been edited by Bendak (edited 07-27-2005 @ 06:09 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07-25-05 12:41 PM EDT (US)     1 / 134  
Umm...Is this cpn gonna be Star Wars like?

Edit:OMG!I got the 1st replay!!

[This message has been edited by General Grievous (edited 07-25-2005 @ 12:41 PM).]

posted 07-25-05 12:41 PM EDT (US)     2 / 134  
So, decided to finish HL? I knew it

Looks good! And let's hope you finish it....

posted 07-25-05 12:52 PM EDT (US)     3 / 134  
Looks great as i knew it would, should be a superb release for us. Keep up the good work Bendak

B L O O D P H O E N I X
Lurking at HG since 2004
posted 07-25-05 12:56 PM EDT (US)     4 / 134  
Looks good, some of the screenshots could look even better with more mixing of metal.

Good luck

Quote:

Umm...Is this cpn gonna be Star Wars like?

Eh? It's Half Life

[This message has been edited by Mr Muppet (edited 07-25-2005 @ 12:57 PM).]

posted 07-25-05 12:57 PM EDT (US)     5 / 134  
I thought the one you were working on was Half Life 2? I guess I was mistaken. Anyway, looks good right now.
posted 07-25-05 01:21 PM EDT (US)     6 / 134  
This owns.

I belive that this will be pure ownage!

Have a safe and productive day!

[This message has been edited by Ministry of Love (edited 07-25-2005 @ 01:23 PM).]

posted 07-25-05 01:22 PM EDT (US)     7 / 134  
Looks impressive.

I would like to playtest...

Boba Fettucinni said "Just a note to all.. Alexus is a masculine name as well. In fact it is Second Declension Masculine, Nominative Singular (meaning its a masculine noun, and thats the case used to make a singular subject in a sentence)in Latin."

I'M BACK MELONFARMERS
posted 07-25-05 01:49 PM EDT (US)     8 / 134  
I whould like to playtest too. You know you can trust me, Benie.
posted 07-25-05 01:49 PM EDT (US)     9 / 134  
Looks good Bendak.
posted 07-25-05 03:12 PM EDT (US)     10 / 134  
Thanks all .

To Alexus and Macko: sorry, I only accept certain people. But I'll think of it. I don't want to much playtesters.

But with 2 exceptions. I want to ask Xcal and Muppet for if they could playtest. Xcal, because he was my former enemy and Muppet because he's got good critics that I could use.

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub

[This message has been edited by Bendak (edited 07-25-2005 @ 03:13 PM).]

posted 07-25-05 03:15 PM EDT (US)     11 / 134  
I gladly accept, my former enemy. *cuddles*
posted 07-25-05 03:18 PM EDT (US)     12 / 134  
*hurls himself down amongst the lost and weeps piteously*

Boba Fettucinni said "Just a note to all.. Alexus is a masculine name as well. In fact it is Second Declension Masculine, Nominative Singular (meaning its a masculine noun, and thats the case used to make a singular subject in a sentence)in Latin."

I'M BACK MELONFARMERS
posted 07-25-05 03:19 PM EDT (US)     13 / 134  
It's just that...you ain't here that long..

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
posted 07-25-05 03:20 PM EDT (US)     14 / 134  
If I were in your position, I would make the same choice.

I'M BACK MELONFARMERS
posted 07-25-05 03:25 PM EDT (US)     15 / 134  
Bendak this is one of the very few campaigns ill be looking forward to.

Priceless Quotes!

Haha, crazed, you're such a biggles. - Scarlet

Looking like a gay immitation of Willy Wonka is illeagal too. Well, at least in my culture - BlazerBoy

posted 07-25-05 03:26 PM EDT (US)     16 / 134  
Thanks .

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
posted 07-25-05 03:26 PM EDT (US)     17 / 134  

Quote:

But with 2 exceptions. I want to ask Xcal and Muppet for if they could playtest. Xcal, because he was my former enemy and Muppet because he's got good critics that I could use.

Thanks, I'd love to.

scrunchmuppet@hotmail.com

posted 07-25-05 03:32 PM EDT (US)     18 / 134  
Ok. Expect a playtest mail in the next days, I'm stuffing some shit up and you'll get to play about 40% of it.

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
posted 07-25-05 03:50 PM EDT (US)     19 / 134  
This looks good. Happy designing.

[This message has been edited by Blackmoon (edited 07-25-2005 @ 03:50 PM).]

posted 07-25-05 04:00 PM EDT (US)     20 / 134  
Thanks. Nice to hear that from you .

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub

[This message has been edited by Bendak (edited 07-25-2005 @ 04:10 PM).]

posted 07-25-05 04:13 PM EDT (US)     21 / 134  
Looks good, Bendak! BTW, I am playtesting.

Generalissimo TCP | FREE SYRIA!
Xaph's Forumer of the Year '08, Best Thread and Most likely to be sigged, '08
"I think George W. Bush is closer to being the single greatest president in US history" - Merai
posted 07-25-05 04:14 PM EDT (US)     22 / 134  
Accepted .

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
posted 07-25-05 04:50 PM EDT (US)     23 / 134  
This looks really nice man!

I understand why I can't playtest, so yeah. Well, good luck with teh prodject and I hope it will work out well!

posted 07-25-05 05:56 PM EDT (US)     24 / 134  
Great news Bendak!

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
posted 07-25-05 06:18 PM EDT (US)     25 / 134  
It sounded great before, and it still sounds great. Just beware of General Grievous, he utterly hates non-Star Wars campaigns.

Whoa.
posted 07-25-05 07:24 PM EDT (US)     26 / 134  

Quote:

Looks good Bendak.

Understatement of the year. Me, Ech, Afty and a few others have already had the pleasure of playin this; it's quite simply unlike anything that's ever been done with the scenario editor.

posted 07-25-05 09:07 PM EDT (US)     27 / 134  
Nevermind. It's your opinion, I haven't played it.

[This message has been edited by Xcal (edited 07-25-2005 @ 09:09 PM).]

posted 07-25-05 09:14 PM EDT (US)     28 / 134  

Quote:

Understatement of the year. Me, Ech, Afty and a few others have already had the pleasure of playin this; it's quite simply unlike anything that's ever been done with the scenario editor.

Do you have to oppose every comment Xcal ever makes? He’s trying to be nice to Bendak, give it a rest.

posted 07-26-05 05:29 AM EDT (US)     29 / 134  

Quote:

I thought you were the only one that played Half-Life, Ech etc. played Rescue Mission.

Thanks for the comments btw .

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
posted 07-26-05 06:43 AM EDT (US)     30 / 134  
Will it be one giant scenario or several scenarios? And when is the demo going to be released?
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Did someone say something, about.... Half-Life?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames