Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Independent Narrative Designs ~March '07~
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 03-31-07 03:25 PM EDT (US)   

/A PALE TEAR - EPISODE I
By Blackmoon

It has been seventeen years since the Battle of Geonosis and thirteen years since the senate elected the Jedi High Council as their supreme leader.

The Clone Wars forced the Jedi to advance the training of their followers far faster than natural leading to more arrogant and young masters. After the Sith plot by Palpatine was foiled, the Jedi had to take control of the senate temporarily to insure a peaceful transition.

It was a delicate time, but soon the newer younger masters on the Council began to gain more power and influence, the wise prudent masters of old were soon supplanted. And when the time came the new leaders of the Order denied letting go of such attractive power.

In the years that followed everything changed, the Jedi began to adopt an egotistical and narrow philosophy that suggested those without force abilities were immature, lesser beings. They separated communities and families with military guarded walls and structures based on midichlorian counts. They began to control everything.

Some systems of course resisted, but against the Grand Army of the Republic their fights were in vain. There were whispers of whole species massacred, entire planets wiped off the charts. But the whispers ended far too soon as the Jedi took control of transportation and communication.

People, in theory, could resist; but the Jedi’s power was far too ominous. The last free systems in the galaxy lie within the Unknown Regions, controlled by the Chiss who care little for other races. There are few now who still know what it’s like to be free, among them is one troubled soul that is determined not to have her whispers go silenced…

/FEATURES

/Extraordinary Storytelling
A Pale Tear features an amazingly unique universe with character depth and development seldom seen in campaigns.

/Stealth Based gameplay
A Pale Tear is the first full campaign created around stealth. Gameplay requires advanced tactics using a stealth system.

/Episodic structure
A Pale Tear will be delivered in a series of episodes; this not only enables me to get content to the user faster but allows the campaign to evolve throughout as well as benefit far more from player feedback. Episode I is merely the beginning.

/Unparalleled Visual Styling
A Pale Tear features a complete black and white high contrast artistic filter, similar to the styling featured in Frank Miller’s “Sin City”. It helps to create an unprecedented gripping atmosphere.

/Grim Atmosphere
A Pale Tear combines breathtaking visual styling with riveting sound effects and music to establish a mesmerizing atmosphere which compliments the gameplay experience wonderfully.

/MEDIA
The following screenshots and videos of NOT been edited or dubbed in any way other than cropping. All of these are in game

/ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

December Newsletter
Febuary Newsletter

/DOWNLOADS

A Pale Tear - Episode I Full pack (Filefront)
-Full Campaign-
-Modpack-
-Sounds-
-Music-

A Pale Tear - Episode I Campaign pack (SWGBH)
-Full Campaign
-Modpack-
- Sounds and Music in via seprate download-

Well I've finally finished a full scenario. I hope you guys all enjoy it!

Ascension
By Grey Fox

It is fifty-six ABY, and fear is growing in the consortium. The wise prophets have sent word to the Queen Mother that darkness grows in the land. From the east an unknown army marches on there doorstep, raiding the lands under the banner “Ni’Korish”; the ancient malevolent Queen Mother. Under the fear of being destroyed, the Queen mother has sent word to the Galactic Alliance of there need. In response to this distress call, the Galactic Alliance summons the Jedi to Hapes…

FEATURES:
- Hapes Triggering System
- Unprecedented Story Telling
- An Amazing Soundtrack
- Unparalleled Sound Effects
- Dynamic Music System

FAQ:
What is Ascension?
Ascension is an open-ended RPG that takes place in the Star Wars universe at fifty-six ABY (fifty-six years after the Battle of Yavin).

What is the Hapes Triggering System?
The Hapes Triggering System is a way of triggering in LucasArt's Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. The system can be accomplished by using extensive trigger work in the provided scenario editor.

What kind of gameplay does Hapes Triggering System support?
The basis of the Hapes Triggering System is pick up and play. It isn't a standard hack'n'slash, and it isn't heavily turn-based. It relies on three types of gameplay; Basic, Stealth, and the Force.

Which character will the campaign follow?
The campaigns focus will be on Raynar Thul.

When can we expect this?
Expect it somewhere in the year.

HAPES:
The basis of the Hapes System is open-ended pick up and play game play. For instance, in my upcoming campaign (codename: Hapes), there are four cities. All of these cities are explorable and are condensed with non player characters that have there own artificial intelligence. However, when you get outside the dense cities, you have an open field filled with enemies. You can use three measures which follow into the next three sections. Basic, Stealth, and The Force.

Basic is the standard form of all attacks in Galactic Battlegrounds. You use the standard click and hit approach, only there are special moves. Unlike other game play approaches, Hapes requires in depth A.I. For example, when your facing head to head with a Rancor in my new campaign, the Rancor has a 50% chance of being inaccurate (some A.I. edits must be done through GenieEd), and also having a swift attack that will kill you in an instant. So thus fore it puts the player in an instant strategic game. For one, you have to avoid the slow inaccurate, but deadly thrusts of a Rancor, but you also have to defeat it. That is how basic game play is done in Hapes.

Stealth is an advanced form of attacks only to be found in a few campaigns. In the Hapes System it heavily relies on trigger work, and the opinion of the designer. For example, the bushes are extremely heavy, and visibility is limited. Set the enemy A.I. to a "randomizer". Using the Artificial Intelligence script "Immobile-Random" by Astro_mech, we use three simulations. The first one (food) carries over detection. The second one (carbon) carries over into suspicion (task to current area). And the third one leads to complete ease of mind on the enemies part. However, only activate the random entity when you need too, and deactivate it when you don't.

The Force is the third and final element of attacks. To manipulate the force in Hapes, you must enter in a code. For example, in the Zelda games you can use songs to achieve goals. In this, by studying certain elements of the force, you can learn how to use it faster and better. The Force in my new campaign is limited to 9 different combinations and powers. The first is the ability to be Telekinetic, the most simple of all tasks. It's power allows you to control units but not use them to attack, it constantly drains your force and can be stopped at anytime.

Outer Rim Chronicles
By Empire of Darkness

The Saga of the Star Wars Galaxy continues in a way never before seen. From the creative mind of Empire of Darkness comes Outer Rim Chronicles, a story about chance, the will to survive, and trust.

Screenshots

The opening scene.

A small glimpse at Nar Shaddaa.

Making ORC
**NOTE**
All materials shown in the Making ORC section are VERY early stage work and were used for conceptual purposes (i.e. I went for the look, and now I'm hammering out details.) Criticize if you must, but keep in mind if it deals with this section, it will be ignored.

Script Excerpts

I looked at Nar Shaddaa as it was made in Han Katarn's "Dark Forces" and I realized that...it was really flat in design. Nar Shaddaa is called the "Vertical City", so I really wanted to show that with my design. Nar Shaddaa will be making use of the 3D trick commonly use to show height above another object.

Next Month

• Features will be posted.
  • Making ORC - A New Elevator
  • The Story - An in depth FAQ

Scenario Design Interfaces
    After a long while, we bring you the continuation of the Scenario Design Interface series.
    Containing seven more new user interfaces for your editor.

.........Corrugated Metal.....................Crude Metal.......................................Dystopia......................................Marble

...........Metal Diamonds.....................Street......................Worn Metal

DOWNLOAD NOW!

There you have it folks, another month of releases and promises for new campaigns. Stay tuned for next month for more information on the next episode of A Pale Tear, and other releases from Grey Fox and Empire of Darkness.

• Whoa.

[This message has been edited by Empire of Darkness (edited 03-31-2007 @ 03:32 PM).]

Replies:
    posted 04-03-07 10:00 PM EDT (US)     31 / 56  
    Gee its not like he invented some great and famous story that you wouldn't want to know the end to, if you feel that I really spoiled that much, then you know what? I could care less.

Silver. You're fighting a losing battle, best just to apologize and then not speak anymore about it.

^*^ "The trouble with quotes on the internet, is that it is often difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
    ^*^ If you would also like to know where in the blue hell Melkor is, copy this into your sig.
    posted 04-03-07 10:08 PM EDT (US)     32 / 56  
    You know, I was just about to post something witty and clever, and probably derogatory, but Blackmoon has completely ruined that prospect. To soothe my ego, Silver can just feel flamed twice over from Blackmoon scything reply.
    posted 04-03-07 10:31 PM EDT (US)     33 / 56  
    Looks good as always! BTW, and sorry if this is asked way too much, but who is Grey Fox?

He used to be Lord Plagueis until he was ban due to COPPA, he still designs however.

He was also known as Cradossk, and The Peregrine.

posted 04-03-07 10:36 PM EDT (US)     34 / 56  
    I just think that you over emphazied this heroic like death. It has been used a thousand times before in many other stories and it seemed a mistake considering how the rest of the plot went along.

So basically because a memorial's been done a thousand times before my campaign, it's off limits, therefore a 'mistake' in your eyes?

Whoa.
    posted 04-03-07 10:39 PM EDT (US)     35 / 56  
    If I may dust off an old fossil... (The irony here is by using this term I am infact dusting off an old fossil)

It maybe best if silver just goes home and rethinks his life before responding.

[This message has been edited by Blackmoon (edited 04-03-2007 @ 10:41 PM).]

posted 04-04-07 02:49 PM EDT (US)     36 / 56  
    It maybe best if silver just goes home and rethinks his life before responding.

Lol, you really think I would take your advice? Don't anwser that because the anwser is no. I don't mind you trying to flame me, it dosen't bother me. If you need to boost your ego go ahead, because it must be very small for you to get such pleasure out of something so crude.

So basically because a memorial's been done a thousand times before my campaign, it's off limits, therefore a 'mistake' in your eyes?

No you don't understand my message. I am saying that you could have come up with something more orignal, it is by no means off limits for you to do, it is just that I would take points off for creativity if I were to rate it because it was in stark contrast with the rest of the campaign. It was like you made this beautiful nice city, and a very well done wookie village. Then I play the last scenario and bam, there is this ugly tower sticking out of the ground, and here you are trying to make it a "meaningful" final scenario, and the Naboo tower really had a negative image on that.

So tell me, are these new interfaces an addable terrian that you can use in the scenario editor? Do they replace anything?

Amity/Enmity
    posted 04-04-07 03:03 PM EDT (US)     37 / 56  
    Wow. You're a wanker, and a retard.

Mistadobalina
    Don't be sad it happened, be happy it's over.

[This message has been edited by The REAL Bryl (edited 04-04-2007 @ 03:04 PM).]

posted 04-04-07 03:11 PM EDT (US)     38 / 56  
    Silver, I find your posting to be mildly repulsive, and of second rate intelligence. He's the one who said he didn't mind flames

Just kidding of course. Though if I were you, I'd stop posting in this thread, it's not helping your image.

[This message has been edited by Sir Were (edited 04-04-2007 @ 03:12 PM).]

posted 04-04-07 04:17 PM EDT (US)     39 / 56  
    I wasn't kidding Silver.

^*^ "The trouble with quotes on the internet, is that it is often difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
    ^*^ If you would also like to know where in the blue hell Melkor is, copy this into your sig.
    posted 04-04-07 05:39 PM EDT (US)     40 / 56  
    Prehaps you don't understand. I am not like you in the way that I worry about how others think about me. You may think as you please, and say what you want. You and what you say mean nothing to me because to be frank, you people mean nothing to me in terms of your thoughts.
    Though if I were you, I'd stop posting in this thread, it's not helping your image.
    Didn't know I had one in the first place.
    I wasn't kidding Silver.

Rolos I didn't think you were kidding when you talked about your advice. I know that you are serious.

Amity/Enmity
    posted 04-04-07 07:23 PM EDT (US)     41 / 56  
    Lol, you really think I would take your advice? Don't anwser that because the anwser is no. I don't mind you trying to flame me, it dosen't bother me. If you need to boost your ego go ahead, because it must be very small for you to get such pleasure out of something so crude.

I wasn't expecting you to take any advice, smartone.

I know you normally get such deep philosophical advice from lame AOTC lines but in this instance I'm afraid that is not the case.

So tell me, are these new interfaces an addable terrian that you can use in the scenario editor? Do they replace anything?

It has nothing to do with terrain. They simply replace the current texture of the scenario editor interface.

Didn't know I had one in the first place.

Apparently you were misinformed...

Prehaps you don't understand. I am not like you in the way that I worry about how others think about me. You may think as you please, and say what you want. You and what you say mean nothing to me because to be frank, you people mean nothing to me in terms of your thoughts.

Well that explains why you start and participate in these arguments... *rolls eyes*

The “I don’t care, now that I’ve been beaten to a bloody poll” argument is an old hat.

posted 04-04-07 07:55 PM EDT (US)     42 / 56  
    This thread is funny.

Ohh, and I feel that this is appropriate:

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
    Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
    Dedicated RPer
    posted 04-04-07 08:27 PM EDT (US)     43 / 56  
    Rolos I didn't think you were kidding when you talked about your advice. I know that you are serious.

Well, now that that's cleared up, why don't you take it?

Pacifica:

posted 04-05-07 12:39 PM EDT (US)     44 / 56  
    Cool! This place is still alive.

Looks good guys!

:| Darth Bandon |:
    :| Free Lance |:
    posted 04-06-07 04:18 PM EDT (US)     45 / 56  
    The “I don’t care, now that I’ve been beaten to a bloody poll” argument is an old hat.

What is a bloody poll? If you are refering to me when saying this, I have not been beaten, and I am merely stating that you people seem to take this way too seriously. I don't mind taking a hit, but when you take one you seem to freak out, it really is very funny to watch you.

Well that explains why you start and participate in these arguments...

I enjoy arguing, that is why I participate, that and to give critism.

Pacifica, that is a very funny picture. This are serious thread.

Amity/Enmity
    posted 04-06-07 04:22 PM EDT (US)     46 / 56  
    What is a bloody poll? If you are refering to me when saying this, I have not been beaten, and I am merely stating that you people seem to take this way too seriously. I don't mind taking a hit, but when you take one you seem to freak out, it really is very funny to watch you.

I was under the impression that you didn't care about our opinions. How awkward.

posted 04-06-07 05:37 PM EDT (US)     47 / 56  
    Enough, guys...how many times do I have to come in here and slap you on the wrists for stuff that happens over and over again? Stop doing it or we're going to be forced to start enforcing things more strictly.

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
    r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
    a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
    z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
    e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
    d ependent on daily tea infusions
    posted 04-09-07 12:04 PM EDT (US)     48 / 56  
    As if locking MEC wasn't enough...

Hey Blackmoon, or perhaps someone who has played APT, at the risk of looking stupid, I'm asking for help. I'm at the very beginning of the level, and am at the second gate. It's giving me options for unlocking the gate, or slicing, but both give me a "Requires level 3 password." Help?

Oh, and does IND only do RPG's, or is that designer's choice? And you recruit on an invitation basis, correct?

[This message has been edited by Sir Were (edited 04-09-2007 @ 01:18 PM).]

posted 04-09-07 01:23 PM EDT (US)     49 / 56  
    Hey Blackmoon, or perhaps someone who has played APT, at the risk of looking stupid, I'm asking for help. I'm at the very beginning of the level, and am at the second gate. It's giving me options for unlocking the gate, or slicing, but both give me a "Requires level 3 password." Help?

Well if you used taunt 4 to "Input device" it should lead you into the slicing puzzle and shouldn't say "Requires level [3] security pass"

Be sure you’re hitting the correct taunt as this is the first time I've heard of this.

Oh, and does IND only do RPG's, or is that designer's choice?

It would be the designer’s choice. But we take our name very seriously, we design story oriented campaigns and RPG's generally tend to offer better stories than B&Ds for example.

And you recruit on an invitation basis, correct?

That is correct.

[This message has been edited by Blackmoon (edited 04-09-2007 @ 01:25 PM).]

posted 04-15-07 08:08 PM EDT (US)     50 / 56  
    Shattered Promise
    Aftermath

It has been 2 months since the death of Dr. Onimova. The galaxy is now engaged in an epic Civil War between the Rebel Alliance and the sinister Galactic Empire.

After being rescued from the Death Star, and it consequently being destroyed, Princess Leia Organa rallies with old allies to plan a rescue attempt for Lt. Trask Holden, an Imperial Soldier turned Rebel agent.

As the Empire regroups from its loss of the Death Star, Emperor Palpatine sends Darth Vader to the remains of the planet Neel Rutta. Upon arriving, Vader is to wait for the Emperor';s further instructions....

There is nothing left to be seen at Neel Rutta. Onimova's cruel machine left its mark on the galaxy, stripping this space of the Force completely.

Vader couldn't sense anything while this close to the planet. His men were only visible to him through his red viewfinder in his helmet. As he closed his eyes, he tried to sense them, only to find that he couldn't even concentrate.

He ordered to pull further back, and slowly his sense returned, and he grew at ease. The remains were a mystery, a plague in Darth Vader's mind. All he can do now is wait for Palpatine to make contact.

A blue skinned captain approached Vader from behind, with the eyes of the crew staring only at his back, never at his face.

"I do not know, why the Emperor would want me here as well," the captain said, folding his arms as he looked out through the window. "I've already seen this destruction 2 months ago. The Star Destroyer barely made it away in time."

"The Emperor likes his mysteries, Mitth'raw'nuruodo," Vader reminded the blue captain. "Remember, I was here, too."

Vader and Mitth'raw'nuruodo watched through the window as more Star Destroyers arrived. Now, there were half a dozen waiting around the remains of the planet. Palpatine was planning something large, much to Vader's disappointment. He would rather be hunting down the Rebel Alliance for the destruction of the Death Star. He'd rather be hunting for that pilot.

"I grow tired of this," Mitth'raw'nuruodo said. "All these men, these humans, they fear me. They hate me. They only look at me with respect when I'm facing them. And then they look at me with contempt when I face away."

"Would you rather them not look at you at all?" Vader asked, thinking of how his own men look at him while he's in his meditation chamber, without his helmet on.

"They look at you the same way," the Captain said. "But for different reasons." Vader turned towards Mitth'raw'nuruodo.

"Then make those reasons the same," Vader told him. "Make them fear you the way they fear me. Threaten their rank by advancing your own. They all think the same way, they were trained the same way. Stand out for all the right reasons, so they forget their prejudices." Mitth'raw'nuruodo turned towards the window, and stared at his reflection. His red eyes burned with anger. He had the knowledge, and he had the skills. But so far all his tasks were meaningless, especially babysitting that do-nothing Jerec.

"I hope you heed my advice, Captain Mitth'raw'nuruodo," Vader said. The captain smiled at his reflection.

"Lord Vader," he began, "call me Thrawn."

This is just the beginning. I am wrapping up Shattered Promise, and answering some unanswered questions, as well as tying in the X39 universe (one fat Hutt character in particular). The next part of this will be released with the next Newsletter.

These will also be relatively short, and there will only be about 2 or 3 more.

Whoa.

[This message has been edited by Empire of Darkness (edited 04-15-2007 @ 10:30 PM).]

posted 05-18-07 07:23 AM EDT (US)     51 / 56  
    posted 05-18-07 11:24 PM EDT (US)     52 / 56  
    RPGs do seem to fit the more story based games a lot easier, but keep an eye out. Who knows what we may do next?

Also go to Walmart spend 10 bucks and get Saga. It has CC.

__......__
    _-___Current Project______-__ /III\|||/III\ _______ Previous_Alias______
    _ _ _ _ _ Resident Evil __ _____- ||/IIIIII\|| -______ Leon Kennedy ___|_--_-
    - Double Helix __________ ||\IIIIII/|| ____________ ___ ______
    \III/I\III/

Independent Narrative Designs
    posted 05-19-07 01:24 PM EDT (US)     53 / 56  
    Enough, guys...how many times do I have to come in here and slap you on the wrists for stuff that happens over and over again?
    The only times you ever post in SD, unfortunately.
    posted 05-19-07 01:39 PM EDT (US)     54 / 56  
    Let's all discuss long dead topics.
    posted 06-17-07 09:13 AM EDT (US)     55 / 56  
    Well yeah I have a question. Are you still designing something ? Are you inactive ? We have many time to see a newsletter.

:| Darth Bandon |:
    :| Free Lance |:
    posted 06-17-07 03:04 PM EDT (US)     56 / 56  
    Basic is the standard form of all attacks in Galactic Battlegrounds. You use the standard click and hit approach, only there are special moves. Unlike other game play approaches, Hapes requires in depth A.I. For example, when your facing head to head with a Rancor in my new campaign, the Rancor has a 50% chance of being inaccurate (some A.I. edits must be done through GenieEd), and also having a swift attack that will kill you in an instant. So thus fore it puts the player in an instant strategic game. For one, you have to avoid the slow inaccurate, but deadly thrusts of a Rancor, but you also have to defeat it. That is how basic game play is done in Hapes.
    I find it quite orginal made that when you face Rancor he has a change of being 50% inaccurate. That is something amazing.
    I think that trick can only be done with both trigger and AI combined. Is that the way you put it?
    Next, is this an ability (read: to have accuration halved when facing Rancor) that happens straight away or can you switch it on and off remotely?
    Stealth is an advanced form of attacks only to be found in a few campaigns. In the Hapes System it heavily relies on trigger work, and the opinion of the designer. For example, the bushes are extremely heavy, and visibility is limited. Set the enemy A.I. to a "randomizer". Using the Artificial Intelligence script "Immobile-Random" by Astro_mech, we use three simulations. The first one (food) carries over detection. The second one (carbon) carries over into suspicion (task to current area). And the third one leads to complete ease of mind on the enemies part. However, only activate the random entity when you need too, and deactivate it when you don't.
    So, this might be one of the most complex systems you ever faced is it? I definately go and download the Immobile-random to see the effect it has in-game. I really hope you make this effect as promising as i read in the Topic post
    The Force is the third and final element of attacks. To manipulate the force in Hapes, you must enter in a code. For example, in the Zelda games you can use songs to achieve goals. In this, by studying certain elements of the force, you can learn how to use it faster and better. The Force in my new campaign is limited to 9 different combinations and powers. The first is the ability to be Telekinetic, the most simple of all tasks. It's power allows you to control units but not use them to attack, it constantly drains your force and can be stopped at anytime.
    Nice, a force limited to 9 different combinations and powers. So you got the result of those 9 combinations?
    I think you can have lots of combinations if you have 9 forced to choose from. I also hope you dont get discourage by the lots of work. As 9 combinations is quite lots.
    I like the first ability "telekinetic" i am curious about how this ability works in the campaign, whether its overpowered or a great use for exploring when you reach camped area's with lots of enemy soldiers.

Good luck on this project i hope you finish it.

~WizardBoy~

(_(_(_ World of Warcraft _)_)_)
    (_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Level: 85 Pierce [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)
    (_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|] Class: Warrior[|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
    (_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Race: Human [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
    (_(_(_( = WizardBoy: | Proud member of AOK = Click to add population = )_)_)_)

[This message has been edited by WizarDBoy (edited 06-17-2007 @ 03:05 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Independent Narrative Designs ~March '07~
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames