Download File Post Review Post Comment

Star Wars: Dark Forces

Author File Description
Han Katarn 425
File Details
Clone Campaigns required?: Yes
Style: Role Playing Only
Number of scenarios: 15
NOTE: LINKS TO THE SOUNDS AND MUSIC ARE LOCATED FARTHER DOWN IN THIS DESCRIPTION

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....

STAR WARS: DARK FORCES

The New Order of the Empire stretches its evil clutches across the galaxy, consuming planets with devastating results. Through many struggles, the Rebel Alliance has learned of a new Imperial battle station, the DEATH STAR, with enough power to destroy an entire planet.

Unable to acquire the plans to the deadly space station, the Rebels have employed the skills of Kyle Katarn. Known to most as a mercenary for hire, Katarn is a rogue figure who has a partial alliance with the Rebels.

Armed only with a blaster pistol and an intimate knowledge of Imperial methods, Katarn prepares to infiltrate the Imperial base in which the plans are kept...

DESCRIPTION:

You are Kyle Katarn, a mercenary hero of the Rebel Alliance, as he fights his way through several historical challenges of the Rebel Alliance. In these 14 missions you will face many obstacles, each in its own unique environment. Test your mettle against villains such as the hot-headed bounty hunter Bossk, the ruthless Boba Fett, and the merciless General Rom Mohc. Fight the Dark Troopers, the ultimate battle droids and a hellish Imperial invention, envisioned and brought to life by Mohc Himself. With these weapons, the Empire seeks to eradicate the Rebellion the same way they did the Jedi, so long ago. Stop their dark plans!

Missions:
I: The Death Star Plans
II: Talay: Tak Base
III: Anoat City
IV: Imperial Weapons Research Facility
V: The Blood Moon
VI: Crix Madine's Fate
VII: Ramsees Hed
VIII: Ice Station Beta
IX: Nar Shaddaa
X: Jabba the Hutt's Ship
XI: Imperial City
XII: Fuel Station Ergo
XIII: The Executor
XIIII: The Arc Hammer
FINALE

Features:
-Dozens of puzzles, including a 3-layer hexagonal computer core (inspired by the game)
-Taunt activated elevators
-Missions ranging from stealth to fixed force/going in alone
-Boss battles, in which your partner sometimes helps out
-Mission settings include volcanic mountains, spaceships and space stations, snow, deserts, mining facilities, three different cities and of course, Imperial bases!

INFORMATION:

In the "Intelligence" section of each scenario, I've included a strategy guide that I wrote myself, which provides --should you need it-- every clue or action you need to complete any puzzle or get through any situation throughout the campaign. I put the guide within the scenario so it's less of a hassle to figure out what to do.
Also within these missions I've included important Save Points, which are recommended instances that you save the game since a perilous puzzle or dangerous situation awaits you. Aside from these, it is always a good idea to save often.
This campaign also uses taunts in several instances to enter codes, figure out problems, or to choose an option. To activate a taunt, simply type in the number indicated (or the number which results from the problem given). If for some reason you need to save and exit a scenario that uses taunts, the taunts won't work correctly. To fix this, just re-load the scenario as you play it.
If you completed a scenario and the next mission doesn't become available, use the "skywalker" cheat on that one again until the next one appears. These two issues involve the game itself, and are not controlled by the Campaign itself.

NECESSARY DOWNLOADS:

*Note: The files in these downloads are the same; they are simply in separate locations should one link fail. All you need is the "Dark Forces Sounds", "Dark Forces Music ONE", and "Dark Forces Music TWO" files (whichever link they may come from) and you're good to go.

MEGAUPLOAD DOWNLOAD LINKS:

Dark Forces Music ONE: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=19T40PAV

Dark Forces Music TWO: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZUFP6714

How to download: The Megaupload site will automatically put a little advertisement box over the Download button. Just click the little X at the top right, and it'll show a button with a countdown in seconds. Once this countdown is done, you can click it to download.

STORE & SERVE DOWNLOAD LINKS:

DF Music TWO: http://storeandserve.com/download/102265/Dark_Forces_Music_TWO.zip.html

Dark Forces Sounds: http://storeandserve.com/download/101096/Dark_Forces_Sounds.zip.html

FILEFRONT DOWNLOAD LINKS:

Dark Forces Sounds: http://files.filefront.com/Dark_Forces_Soundszip/;4759478;;/fileinfo.html

Dark Forces Music ONE: http://files.filefront.com/Dark_Forces_Music_ONEzip/;4763994;;/fileinfo.html

Dark Forces Music TWO: http://files.filefront.com/Dark_Forces_Music_TWOzip/;4764116;;/fileinfo.html

MODPACK INFORMATION:

The Dark Forces Complete Modpack, a compilation of all the mods used in the campaign, is included with the campaign download.

Mon Mothma --> Rebel Commander
Kyle Katarn Blaster --> Rand Talor
Kyle Katarn Jedi --> Count Dooku
Jan Ors --> Kath Talor
General Rom Mohc --> Aurra Sing
Dark Trooper Phase 3 --> (C) Hvy Strike Mech
Arc Hammer --> Naboo Starship
Spotlight --> Sapplings
Dead Bodies --> Gundark Debris
SSD Devastator --> (N)Air Cruiser
Moldy Crow --> Interstelar Sail Ship
Moldy Crow Landed --> Interstelar Sail Ship (Landed)

Includes:
Unit graphics
Icons
Sounds
Language.dll

LINK TO MOD INSTALLER: http://swgb.heavengames.com/downloads/php/descpage.php?type=Utilities&id=15

CREDITS:

PLAYTESTERS:
Farlander
navy123
Revan
TehHomsar
And my good friends Rick and Evan

SPECIAL THANKS
Farlander: Gave me the cutscene script that I needed so badly!
Echuu: Gave various pieces of advice, which were most helpful.
Tevious: Inspired me greatly, and proved that nothing is impossible with the scenario designer if you're creative enough!
Andrea Italy: Made some of the best Imperial Mods to date, some of which were personally for me!
Crazed Ewok: Helped me make use of all the music and sounds I truly wanted by instructing me in the art of file size and sound quality.
Revan: For being the best and most loyal playtester anyone could ask for, and for having an air of professionalism which showed, in great detail, where to best improve my campaign.
Lord Plagueis: Made the searchlight mod per my request! How many people do that these days?
Desere: For saving my campaign from destruction and ruin, and for being my 'Idea Improving' brainstormer.

Enjoy, everybody! :)

THIS SCENARIO IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPORTED BY LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS tm & (c) LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND ITS LICENSORS
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Lord_Bane88 At last it is here :D *cheers* I'm going to play it right now and review it as soon as I finish it :) (I'm taking download No. 14, my birthday XD)

Don't you forget who spended his whole sleeping time making that compilation...

[Edited on 02/18/06 @ 08:49 AM]

The Batman OK, i've got a problem. After I beat the first mission, the second mission isn't there. I don't know why this happens, but I would certanly like to continue since I loved the first mission. Help Han Katarn, you're my only hope.
Admiral Sith
(id: sithlordmichael)
This is a random bug SWGB has, just keep entering and typing Skywalker. Eventually it should show up.
Han Katarn 425
File Author
I will personally burn anyone who doesn't download the soundtrack I made. :p
Mattrik Trenal never mind!
I was being stupid and didnt see something.

[Edited on 02/23/06 @ 07:18 PM]

Revan
(id: LOrd_REvan)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
--DARK FORCES REVIEW BY REVAN OF RS--

Playability: 5
The playability of the campaign is very good.I enjoyed playing (and playtesting) this campaign very much.I can't find anything wrong here.Plus the campaign has impressing soundtrack, making the campaign's playability even better. Gimme a five ! I gave you !

Balance: 4
Ok, the balance is very good.It's a very challenging campaign(and I like them !).But in some scenarios ,with the exception of the boss battle in the end of each level, the campaign wasn't so balancedI would say it was more close to easy.I am givin you a 4.

Creativity: 5
Many puzzles and many boss battles.With so many scenarios I remember you had problems finding new ideas and tricks the you haven't already used ! Definately the last boss battle was one of the best.4+1 here !

Map Design: 5
No comments here.Just check his Naar Shaadda scenario and see.It gave me the impression of a nasty and dirty city full of bounty hunters and criminals.With 5 words : Your map design was perfect.With so many scenarios you had to design many different worlds and cities.This campaign includes ice worlds,huge cities,hot deserts and giant Imperial ships.A five of course !

Story/Instructions: 4
Story was taken from the original Dark Forces game and it was really good.You explained the whole plot very well.Instructions were ok.I would give a five here but...well, just check Astro's Sol 2 objectives form.See why I didn't give you a five.

Additional Comments:
The campaign is by far the best of 2006 ,so far, and one of the best ever made.The designer made a huge effort to make this 15-senarios campaign and it was my honnor to be one of his playtesters.If wanna call yourself member of this Heaven you SHOULD put Dark Forces in your campaign collection.
One last comment.I have already said that Dark Forces has one of the best soundtracks.You should download the campaign music files.
Congrats Han !

[Edited on 02/24/06 @ 03:03 PM]

XD005 Now This Is One Of The BEST Campaigns I Have Played In A Long Time. Good Job, Hope You Create More Like This In The Future. Oh Yeah When I Played It, It Would Lag Alot.

[Edited on 03/01/06 @ 04:24 PM]

gunthor hey MKL or whoever you are, if you rate dont just put it in a comment :D

furthermore, a very good campaign ;)
princess lisa Hi, I'm new to game playing but love these Star Wars games. my problem is I have downloaded the three files but now have no idea how to get them into the game to play them. Is there anyone out there that could help me please??
Thankyou
Sky_Master2 i have a problem it says the dark forces music one file is invald or corrupted
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.7
Balance4.7