Download File Post Review Post Comment

SWGB Mod Installer v0.80

Author File Description
Ykkrosh
File Details
Clone Campaigns required?: No
SWGB Mod Installer - version 0.71 beta

Introduction

Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds (SWGB) mods are modifications to the game which extend beyond the capabilities of the built-in scenario editor; they can change graphics and sounds to create entirely new units. The creation of mods is complicated, but the usage of them hopefully isn't.

Each modpack exists as an MPI (Mod Pack Installer) file, which contains all the graphics and sounds and other data. To install these, you must have the Mod Pack Installer program. Once installed, an existing unit/building (or several existing units/buildings) will be replaced with the new one(s). It is unfortunately not possible to add entirely new units, so be warned that installed mods will affect all single-player and multiplayer games, and not just the scenario(s) for which it was designed.

Installing the installer

Download the "SWGB Mod Installer" from the "Utilities" section of SWGBH, and unzip it (with WinZip) into a memorable location (like your SWGB folder, often at C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds\). Double-click on ModInstaller.exe to run the installer.
  If you get an error about missing MSVBM60.DLL, download and run VBRun60sp5.exe from here (approx. 1 megabyte).
  The installer does not require any special setup procedure; simply run ModInstaller.exe whenever you want to install or remove mods.

Step-by-step mod-installation instructions

1. Download the mod. It is most likely to be compressed as a zip file - use WinZip to uncompress it.
  2. If you don't already have the mod installer, download and install it.
  3. Run the mod installer.
  4. Click the "Open mod" button, then select the MPI file from wherever you unzipped it to.
  5. Some information about the mod will appear; read it to see anything important, then click "Close readme".
  6. Click the "Install" button, and wait while it installs. The mod's name will then appear in the list on the left.
  7. Play SWGB.
  8. If you want to remove the mod, start the mod installer and click the "Remove latest" button. This will always remove the last mod you installed (i.e. the one at the top of the list) - if you wish to remove a mod from further down the list, you must first remove all those above it.
FAQs

Can I still play multiplayer games?
  Yes - mods don't cause any errors when attempting to play multiplayer games. If you have a mod installed, you will see the altered graphics, while other players will see the original graphics; but as mods cannot affect the actual gameplay, no incompatibility errors will occur.

My log file is corrupted! What shall I do?
  You will have to restore SWGB to its pre-mod state, by opening the game\data folder (often C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds\game\data\), then deleting all the .DRS files and MODS.LOG. Run SWGB's "Installation Options" from the Start menu, choose "Repair", and it will reinstall the files you just deleted. Hopefully.

It complains about an invalid/corrupted MPI file! What shall I do?
  You might be trying to install a mod designed for a newer version of the installer - make sure you have downloaded the latest version.

How can I make mods?
  You can't yet - be patient

I have a different problem! What shall I do?
  Please let me know if you find any other errors, so that I can fix them or find a solution. Remember that this program is still in a beta stage, so it is likely to have problems.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
JabbaTheFish I've installed mod installer and advanced nstaller but when I click on 'Modinstaller' icon it just comes up with a Run-Time Error and tells me that some specified module couldn't be found.
evanthehunter could someone please make one of these for mac im
dying for mods!

[Edited on 10/07/05 @ 11:29 PM]

Kyle_Karatan I have a run-time error too
I share your pain Jabba
HK 1000 Kyle, if you've downloaded this Mod Installer, that's the problem. Download version 2.
Vage i have download SWGB through limewire and all of the mod installers say they can't find SWGB data files.
jeanlucas_alves I am using the mod Exar Kun 1.1 and when I place to install asks to have the expansion
of the Clone Campaings, where do I catch this?
Imperial_Jedi10 i share the same problem with kyle-katarn and jabba
Outlaw999 Try buying the game, Vage.
helfire234 every time i download it and try to run it, ti always tells me

Run-time error '9':
Subscript out of range

wats wrong with it? how can i get it to work, none of the other mod installers work either, this one lasted the longest, but then it just shut down.
shooter15 Rating: 4.5
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Additional Comments:
This is awesome i downloaded tonnes of mods but didnt find out how to install them.....Its a bit buggy but is f*c*i*g Awesome

[Retracted for no use of criteria and evading the swear filter. - Bryl]

[Edited on 11/30/07 @ 05:15 AM]

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics