Station X39

Author File Description
Empire of Darkness
(id: Imperial Force)
File Details
Clone Campaigns required?: Yes
Style: Puzzle
Number of scenarios: 1
Play as a nameless character as he explores the station he finds himself in. Without a memory of who he is and how he got there, he hopes to find the answers in the station, as well as the reason why the station is deserted.

This is REALLY short but gives a nice little showing of the attribute system and the over all suspense drawn from the campaign.

DOWNLOAD THE FULL CAMPAIGN HERE:

http://www.unknown-portal.co.uk/

disclaimer: 'THIS SCENARIO IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPORTED BY LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS tm & (c) LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND ITS LICENSORS'
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Xcal
(id: Xcaliber)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance3.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
Okay, this is basically Foretold Conclusions with playabillity! Yep, you heard me! This has some nice puzzles and some interesting features. Also, it's played interestingly with all the attributes you can get...Though, I only really needed two of the attributes for this demo. One problem though was the length, but that should count down. It scared the willies of me playing in the dark.

Balance: 3
This is 3 because the puzzles may need some thinking, but you can't lose. Since this is a demo though, I thought'd I'd cut some slack as the designer has promised ways to die.

Creativity: 4
The A and B choices you can make is creative I would have to say, it can be used to make great puzzles. I also love the story line, I don't think any story line (in scenarios) has covered something where you have no clue what's going on and I can't wait how the attribute system plays out. Also, some things I liked was how it was a small area but it still was hard to figure out what to do next.

Map Design: 4
Not the best, not the worst...It was decent. I didn't play with the mods so it could of been better, but I wasn't positive.

Story/Instructions: 5
The instructions were not too hard to figure out, he explained nicely. The talking was cleverly done and the choices were well displayed.

Additional Comments:

I played it twice just to make sure it was at this quality, deffinately a good demo, and I can't wait for the whole thing.

[Edited on 06/23/05 @ 05:09 PM]

The Salska
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance2.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability 5 - This was very entertaining and kept me wanting to play more. The puzzels were good and I liked the Kotor type gameplay like computer skills and dextrity. Even though all you did was walk around and not kill anything. It did manage to get the scarey feeling when that body started rolling outta that room and the sounds were playing good job with that.

Balance 2 - Like Xcal said you cant die, so whats the fun in that? Dont worry I'm waiting for the full version :).

Creativity 5 - I liked the attributes system it was somthing I have been waiting to see in campaigns for a while, I cant wait for the full version. The waking up nameless thing was pretty new (I think) in campaigns, reminded me of Kotor 2 in a way ;). The A and B choices were also a nice feature.

Map Design 3 - Well its hard to judge this since you spend your time in such a small area. It was mostly metal and wall im sure it will improve on the full version.

Story/Instructions 5 - It was all good, like when you pick up the letter it shows you what it says in the objectives. Everything was nicely explained and the choices were displayed good.

Additonal Comments -

A nice little demo, but it was very short and left a lot of questions unanswerd, but then again that just makes you wana play the full version more :)

Good job I hope you finish this.
Xxwho3zJohnQxX
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
All scores are based on WHATS THERE, and NOT WHAT I EXPECTED OF IT.

Personaly, I found this DEMO one of the most entertaining one. i personally was no fan of campaigns like TPM, because it lacked the type of action I was looking for. This however, gave me soemthing I never thought I could find in a Game like this. This game is THE HORROR SWGB game.

It was like the scariest thing playing in the middle of the night when that one part the body just floats away and its like "WTF"?! Of course, the music and sounds intencified that feeling by alot. It was exccelent. And I actually found it fun. It was very unique. It may be scary the second time, I dont know, but it can still give that feeling on a day time setting when playing XD.

It was fun, it was unique. I like the whole mystry/horror idea.

Balance: 3
You can't die. But that's not what this 3 is for. It's actually the choices themselves. Whatever you make... its practicly the same outcome. Maybe the whole stat build up thing, but there wasnt much difference shown in the DEMO.

Creativity: 5
Most Deffinately. I thought it was crazy how you were able to fit everything in. Expecially a horror genre in a game that could in NO possible way scare you. Well, you proved me wrong about the whole thing.

Map Design: 4
Small, basic, I thought It looked nice for something so small. I'm impressed though. Very nice. Very nice for a VERY small design. I wish that whole selection thing was more eye cady "Building A and Building B"

Perfect. Everything falls into line. Very nice pressentation. Very nice story. Very nice feeling. VERY nice balance between sstory-gameplay. Nice choice for picking na unnamed character. It added to the whole errie feel to it all. Very, very nice.

Additional Comments:
Great DEMO. I actually can't wait to see the whole thing. How scary you can actually make it, and how deep the story actually goes. Very, very good. It inspired me to make a horror mission in mu EIV :p

[Edited on 06/29/05 @ 04:00 PM]

Farlander
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
All right, like with Foretold Conclusions, I played this thing at night. The second horror SWGB campaign...

Playability - 5
Yes, it was short. But it's just a demo, and it's very intersting, and what's better here than in Foretold Conlcusions: there actually was playability. Puzzles, attributes systems. Seems interesting. Sounds and other things give a whole new experience. Like in Foretold Conclusions, with some music and suddenly someone's yelling, here I got REALLY scared when a dead body moved from that Med room. I investigated, didn't find anything... and entered the med room. NO bodies were there.... And that was SCARY. And even more scary than in FC, though Foretold Conclusions did inspire this campaign.

Balance - 3
So, what we have here? A place, where you can't die. The balance issue is a lot different here. It's like in the hardness of solving puzzles, different solutions of them and so on. There wasn't anything like that in this demo, but I'm sure it will be a lot different in the full version.

Creativty - 5
Alright. First: the horror thing. This is a second horror campaign out there, and I think it deserves some point of creativity at least here. Then, let's see... though we didn't see much in the demo, there are some creative things: like attributes that shape your destiny (though that aspect is not uncovered in the demo) and choices.

Map Design - 4
Well, it's a small area, and it's hard to judge design on that, and also seeing that this is a demo... The mods DO add a nice fell to the demo, and if without mods it would deserve a 3, with mods which add some very nice little touches, I think it's 4.

Story/Instructions - 5
Yes, five. A man without memory was a very good choice, and you can do anything you want with him... well, the creator let's us do anything we want :) A station full of dead people with waking up in med room reminded me of KOTOR2 beggining a little, but no way KOTOR2 would be as scary as this campaign...

Overall - 4,4
A definately must download. There wasn't any horror campaign since Foretold Conclusions, and I'm sure that this one will be a hit in the future. Oh, and one advice: when you'll download it, don't play it till it's midnight ;) It's a different experience when you play at that kind of day...
Master Shannon
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions5.0
I love explore and solve puzzle scenarios, and this looks like it will be a wonderful game once completed. Like previously stated by others, the A / B choices do the exact same thing, but since this is a demo of an unfinished game, I'm sure this will be fixed in the final version.

Balance: 4
Hard to judge by the short demo, but I'm giving the designer the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, Foretold Conclusions did it first, but this one is doing it right with interactivity and choices to make.

Map Design: 3
It's hard to judge in such a small map, but I think this is the scenario's weakness so far.

I almost gave this a 4 because the intro titles were soooooo slooooooow. Let's lessen the timer on these triggers please. But the idea to this story, as well as good clues about what to do made me give it a five.

Additional Comments:
The use of music to set the mood will be an absolute necessity for the finished product. I wait eagerly for the final version.

Master Shannon
Lord Plagueis
(id: Cradossk)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance1.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 4
Great fun! Didn't find a single bug in the scenario. What I did find is... why the heck would I want to play this scenario more than once? Call me crazy but once you've seen it once you don't need to see it again since it won't shock you.

Balance: 2
You barely have to think in the puzzles, and once you complete the puzzle all your choices end up in the same results, the door opens, plus you can't die. I can barley see any difficulty in this scenario.

Creative puzzles, creative systems, creative storyline. Not much else to say but this designer has a ton of potential.

Map Design: 3
Lacking here. Just a standard old base. Kinda reminds me of 'Ord Mantell Junkyard' map design in SOTE. I also think that you could spice it up a little by adding some displays of outside of the station... like space. :p

Story/Instructions: 4
Good storyline, a bit lacking instructions. A good choice of amnesia, but I found myself confused as some of the objectives were pretty simple.

Additional Comments:
Good work, Imp Force. This is probably your best work to date. Good luck on the full version of the campaign!
Gorog
(id: Bando_Gora1138)
Where can I download this now that Hard Core Networks is gone?

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.8
Balance2.7
Creativity4.8