Download File Post Review Post Comment

Allied Assault - HG Cinematic Contest

Author File Description
Revan
(id: LOrd_REvan)
File Details
Clone Campaigns required?: Yes
Style: No style
This is the cinematic scenario created by Revan that took first place in SWGBH's Battle Cinematic Contest. Enjoy!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
NickBarry
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Most of the review fields don't apply, but this was one of the best scenarios I've ever seen. The music fit very well along with the sounds.
Additional Comments:
Great Job
amp40niner This looks really good. But whenever the music starts to get intence, it shuts down on me. I think its to much for my computer. :( I really want to see it. Could somebody record it?
SharpShooter99
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4
First of all I take WW2 Scenarios seriously. When you make D-day, you must make it honorably like you are a veteran of it. It wasn't that much of an entertainment as many objectives were missing.

Balance: 3
I understand making more men causes lag but it atleast make more men run up the shore. German's sitting ducks?

Creativity: 4
D-Day has been recreated so many times and I don't know if the story is true or not.

Map Design: 3
First of all, theres no trees on the beaches... Where's the seawall? And they never sent vehicles yet untill all obstacles are cleared so why put vech debris??

Story/Instructions: 5
You got it accurate but when they talk, they don't -- "UH... LETS GET THOSE BASTARDS!!" No they stay and clear the seawall which there wasnt... And they dont say Machine gun... They say MG-42...

Additional Comments:The sound was great but the music sounds more likely a fighting duel music thing not D-Day type of music...

[Edited on 06/10/06 @ 04:52 PM]

amp40niner I have one question. What exactly do the map revealers do? Ultimate map revealer and map revealer 4? I know this is off topic and it has nothing to do with this scenario, but i really want to know.

[Edited on 06/10/06 @ 01:40 PM]

Revan
File Author
To SharpShooter99
Lol !

"When you make D-day, you must make it honorably like you are a veteran of it. It wasn't that much of an entertainment as many objectives were missing."

I can make it like a veteran cause :
1) I am not a veteran
2)And no scenario can really represent the forocity of the Normandy landing.
Objectives were missing ?

"First of all, theres no trees on the beaches... Where's the seawall? And they never sent vehicles yet untill all obstacles are cleared so why put vech debris??"

Lol again.Eycandy issues I guess.

"They say MG-42..."

How do you know that ? Were you here ? Or you have heard it in movies ? I can't really see a difference between "MG-42" and "Machine Gun"

One comment for your review.You must realise that this is just a SWGB cutscene made to entertain not to represent an historical event.It's difficult to use Star Wars units to make an completely accurate WW2 scenario , you see.

Finally :
"theres no trees on the beaches... "
Check this pic ! :
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/8d/Kailua_Beach_Park.jpg/310px-Kailua_Beach_Park.jpg :p

[Edited on 06/10/06 @ 05:55 PM]

SharpShooter99 D-Day should be honored because this was the most important day of the 20th century as they say. Many men died on that beach. What i mean by "Making it LIKE your a veteran" put a soldier's story in there where he saw his friends die in front of his face and saw the horrors of war.

The reason why you should make them say MG-42 too because in the cinematic, MG-42 positions were on a cliff shooting down on the men on Omaha Beach. Soldiers must say this to tell what type of MG it is and use different tactics to take it out. MOST USED GERMAN MGs --STG/MP-44, MP-40(SUBMACHINE GUN) and MG-42(Maschinegewehr)

And no its not difficult to use SWGB to recreate these types of scns (FIXED FORCE) use your creativity to look for something that resembles the object in WW2 like the Empire Transports coming ashore which looked similar to Higgins Boats.

Srry that i had to review so poorly but it was still entertaining to many viewers.

I SAID ON THE BEACHES, WHICH MEANS NORMANDY BEACHES, and is Kailua Beach a Normandy Beach? NO!

[Edited on 06/11/06 @ 12:12 AM]

Darthhutt That sharpshooter guy is GAY
who cares if they said MG-42 if there are people that are vetarens and play GB tell me And you were wrong about the trees you cant change what you were saying half-way thru
Revan
File Author
"D-Day should be honored because this was the most important day of the 20th century as they say. Many men died on that beach."

I repeat : It was only a GB SCENARIO and nothing more.I didn't make it to honor the men who died to have our world free but only to submmit something for the contest.You must realise that.

" And no its not difficult to use SWGB to recreate these types of scns (FIXED FORCE) use your creativity to look for something that ressembles the object in WW2"

Do you think I didn't look for similar objects to WW2 ? You are wrong then.Also I put the trees and confederate mech ruins to make the needed eycandy for a GB SCENARIO.Barren trees and mech ruins to create a good-in-eye battlefield. Not same with the Normandy beaches of course, but good enough for a GB SCENARIO.

I made that comments because I believe you didn't review it as a simple GB SCENARIO made to entartain someone and NOT to help him/her learn history.

PS : Apparently that for the Kailua Beach was a joke...
webbo lol, there were trees on the beaches of the d-day assault
NickBarry the Nazis should have been rebel or naboo troopers, not stormtroopers.

Also, the waves you watch aren'tthe first. If you cheat, you see many troops there, so misc vehicle wreckage does fit in.

[Edited on 06/11/06 @ 10:46 AM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.8