File Details
Clone Campaigns required?: Yes
Style: Role Playing Strategy
Number of scenarios: 1
COMPLETE CAMPAIGN HERE
--------------------------------

STAR WARS - BATTLEFRONT II
The Battle of Hoth

While my campaign's soundtrack isn't finished,I decided to make this small Battlefield showing 'a little bit' of what's to come in the complete version.

You're able to:

-Choose your side;
-Choose between three diferent kinds of troops;
-Play as Darth Vader or Luke Skywalker;
-Pilot AT-ATs and Snowspeeders;
-'Capturing Posts' system;
-Plus more...
--------------------------------------------------
This file includes:

-The campaign;
-A bitmap;
-A modpack.

To install the modpack,you must have Ykkrosh's Mod Installer.

Please,review/comment.Thank you very much.
UPDATE V 1.1 (10/23/06)

Soundtrack added and some triggers' fixes.
Check out the complete campaign here.

'THIS SCENARIO IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPORTED BY LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS tm & (c) LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND ITS LICENSORS'
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Soyo_Dragon89
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions3.0
I got impatient waiting for the full campaign, so I satisfied myself by downloading this demo. I was very pleased with it! Good work DML!

Playability: 5
As a long time battlefront player, I was pleasantly surprised to see how accurately you re-created it. After choosing a side, I can then pick my unit and begin playing. Combat was just like the game, there were on-field med droids, heros could be unlocked, and you could even earn the same bonuses as in BF-2! I saw no bugs while entering vehicles, re-spawning, or capturing command posts, so your triggers appear to be in working order. Overall it was a very enjoyable scenario. The music was a nice addition, too!

Balance: 4
The balance was best when I was attempting to capture the first two command posts. It was neither difficult nor easy. Then I got into the AT-AT to go after the shield generator. Now things got to be way too easy since the AT-AT was nearly invincible. Then again, that's exactly how it is in the real BF-2, so I guess I really shouldn't hold it against you...
Then when I went to capture the final CP (echo base) things got nearly impossible. Rebels kept re-spawning so fast that I couldn't gun them down fast enough to capture the CP! I finally won by setting my unit to no-attack stance, waiting for the rebels to leave, and then running in to tag the CP before more re-spawned.

Creativity: 4
Excellent re-creation of the game. Not much else to say here, really.

Map Design: 4
Well... it is Hoth, a frozen wasteland, but I still feel like you could have put a little more into the map. Eyecandy was lacking, to put it bluntly, but the varied elevation and CP placement was faithful to the game. I'm sure the full campaign has better maps in it since many of the other worlds had more detail than Hoth...

Story/Instructions: 3
I had to put a three here, sorry! It's just that there were very few instructions given. I am a veteran BF player, but I was unsure about many things in the scenario and had to learn through trial and error. For example you don't tell me how to capture CP's. It took me a while to realize that you have to activate a "bring object-to-object" trigger to capture them. At first I tried to just stand near them like in the real game! Hopefully the instructions/intelligence/reconaissance sections have a little more meat on them in the full campaign.

Additional Comments:

A great scenario, and a sign of things to come in the full campaign!

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0