Download File Post Review Post Comment

A Pale Tear - Episode I

Author File Description
BlaCkmOOn
File Details
Clone Campaigns required?: Yes
Style: Role Playing Only
Number of scenarios: 1
NOTE: THIS FILE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE CAMPAIGN SOUNDS OR MUSIC (Due to file size limitations) HOWEVER THEY CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE: SoundPack (Recommended)

/A PALE TEAR - EPISODE I
By Blackmoon

It has been seventeen years since the Battle of Geonosis and thirteen years since the senate elected the Jedi High Council as their supreme leader.

The Clone Wars forced the Jedi to advance the training of their followers far faster than natural leading to more arrogant and young masters. After the Sith plot by Palpatine was foiled, the Jedi had to take control of the senate temporarily to insure a peaceful transition.

It was a delicate time, but soon the newer younger masters on the Council began to gain more power and influence, the wise prudent masters of old were soon supplanted. And when the time came the new leaders of the Order denied letting go of such attractive power.

In the years that followed everything changed, the Jedi began to adopt an egotistical and narrow philosophy that suggested those without force abilities were immature, lesser beings. They separated communities and families with military guarded walls and structures based on midichlorian counts. They began to control everything.

Some systems of course resisted, but against the Grand Army of the Republic their fights were in vain. There were whispers of whole species massacred, entire planets wiped off the charts. But the whispers ended far too soon as the Jedi took control of transportation and communication.

People, in theory, could resist; but the Jedi’s power was far too ominous. The last free systems in the galaxy lie within the Unknown Regions, controlled by the Chiss who care little for other races. There are few now who still know what it’s like to be free, among them is one troubled soul that is determined not to have her whispers go silenced…

/FEATURES

/Extraordinary Storytelling
A Pale Tear features an amazingly unique universe with character depth and development seldom seen in campaigns.

/Stealth Based gameplay
A Pale Tear is the first full campaign created around stealth. Gameplay requires advanced tactics using a stealth system.

/Episodic structure
A Pale Tear will be delivered in a series of episodes; this not only enables me to get content to the user faster but allows the campaign to evolve throughout as well as benefit far more from player feedback. Episode I is merely the beginning.

/Unparalleled Visual Styling
A Pale Tear features a complete black and white high contrast artistic filter, similar to the styling featured in Frank Miller’s “Sin City”. It helps to create an unprecedented gripping atmosphere.

/Grim Atmosphere
A Pale Tear combines breathtaking visual styling with riveting sound effects and music to establish a mesmerizing atmosphere which compliments the gameplay experience wonderfully.

/MEDIA
The following screenshots and videos of NOT been edited or dubbed in any way other than cropping. All of these are in game

/ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

December Newsletter
Febuary Newsletter

/DOWNLOADS

SoundPack

Well I've finally finished a full scenario. I hope you guys all enjoy it!
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Back up Its Matt I hope your not a guy cuz this thing was a tital chick flic... Other than that completely amazing!!!
BlaCkmOOn
File Author
I hope your not a guy cuz this thing was a tital chick flic..."

... Philistines.

"Other than that completely amazing!!!"

Why thank you very much...

[Edited on 04/03/07 @ 08:25 PM]

HK 1000 I guess you're a Lost fan. I could tell by the Ethan character.

I haven't gotten very far, but so far it's pretty good. Nice job.
BlaCkmOOn
File Author
Yes I pay a lot of tribute to Lost throughout. :p
grievous66 It's so beautiful ! It's the best campaign I ever played ! A big 5 for this (except the "LOST-like" flashbacks :p) ! Can't wait for Episode II...

[Retracted due to no use of criteria. - Bryl]

[Edited on 04/05/07 @ 02:19 PM]

BlaCkmOOn
File Author
I really appreciate the 5.0 and everything, but unless you edit your review with more details Bryl will have to remove it.
grievous66 Playability: 5
(Insert Playability analysis here)

Balance: 5
(Insert Balance analysis here)

Creativity: 5
(Insert Creativity analysis here)

Map Design: 5
(Insert Map Design analysis here)

Story/Instructions: 5
(Insert Story/Instructions analysis here)

Additional Comments:
sorry for my last bad post :p

[Retracted due to little content. DO NOT do it again. - Bryl]

[Edited on 04/05/07 @ 04:27 PM]

Flying Ace
(id: Lord Vader672)
Sadly I was unable to play it...It was too slow on my computer...It sucks since I was looking forward to playing it.
BlaCkmOOn
File Author
"Sadly I was unable to play it...It was too slow on my computer...It sucks since I was looking forward to playing it."

The "lag" is due to the use of mapcopy unfortunately.

I could ease it a bit, but it would require me to retime every cutscene. And I'm afraid that would be a lot of work.

[Edited on 04/10/07 @ 09:34 PM]

Flying Ace
(id: Lord Vader672)
NO NO NO!!! DO NOTHING TO THIS (from what little I have seen) WORK OF ART!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance3.5