Chronicle of Valdeldr DEMO

Author File Description
Emissary of the Prophets
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
File Details
Clone Campaigns required?: Yes
Style: Role Playing Only
Number of scenarios: 1
The demo for Chronicle of Valdeldr. See my thread in the forums for more details.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Orrion Carn Does it need mods? I can't see if it needs mods in the forums... the pics viewing is bad for me today...
Noobo Yeah it does, see it says: "mods=10%" on the thread
Orrion Carn K... Thanks... Can I play it with out mods? My laptop does'nt take well to mods...
Emissary of the Prophets
File Author
No. Due to the Genie-editing Ultimate RPG Mod by thepunkguy, it will require the mods.
Orrion Carn ok... I'm going to have to wait till my computer is out of the repair shop. So then I'll rate it for you.
The Grey Fox
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance1.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 2
Considering this "demo" was more of just a cutscene featuring poorly selected music, and a few bugs; I hardly consider this playable. Can you start the campaign? Yes. Is the campaign interactive? No. The campaign also has seemingly useless and "tacked on" modifications. I recommend that the author of this creates a single modpack that allows for one install, and one uninstall.

Balance: 1
I really can't rate this section, as there was no gameplay

Creativity: 3
The storyline sounds unique, and the way campaign was presented seemed interesting enough. However, what really lacked here, was the fact that the campaign really does nothing different aside from they he presented it.

Map Design: 2
The map design was seemingly extremely bland. From the beginning, the map is covered with either a single terrain, or just a few buildings. I suggest that the author mixes terrains more often, and has more fun with the map design rather than just creating bland rooms with windows.

Story/Instructions: 3
The storyline seems to be one of the stronger points of the campaign. The storyline from I could gather is an adventure. The funny part of this, is that there were no instructions aside from watch the cutscene. In my honest opinion the music actually detracted from the storyline by making it seem like it was some sort of middle-eastern adventure. But that's just my opinion.

Additional Comments:
I wish good luck to you on the full campaign, and hope you heed this advice.

[Edited on 09/24/07 @ 09:02 PM]

Emissary of the Prophets
File Author
[quote]I recommend that the author of this creates a single modpack that allows for one install, and one uninstall.[/quote]
I do intend to.

[quote]The funny part of this, is that there were no instructions aside from watch the cutscene.[/quote]
That's because the prologue [i]is[/i] just a cutscene.

[quote]and a few bugs[/quote]
Could you elaborate so that I can fix them?
Arbiter_of_Hal0 Playability: 3
Well, it's a cinematic, so I gave you a three since you can't really play but it is fun to watch.

Balance: 3
Once again, it is a cinematic, so I just gave it an average rating.

Creativity: 4
This was a strong part of this scenario. I havn't really seen anything else like this, but I have seen similiar RPG ideas, so I gave a four.

Map Design: 3
Not great, but not bad either. I'd suggest more eyecandy, especially in ships, such as crates, workers, etc.

Story/Instructions: 4
It's story was easy to follow, however it was such a short scenario, I didn't see it proper to give a 5.

Additional Comments:
A decent cinematic.

[Retracted due to little content. - Bryl]

[Edited on 09/02/07 @ 03:45 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating