A day in the life of Mace Windu

Author File Description
BleXeze
File Details
Clone Campaigns required?: Yes
Style: Role Playing Strategy
Number of scenarios: 1
A day in the life of Mace Windu

Follow Mace Windu in the Clone Wars as he battles his way trough hordes of Battle Droids and Destroyer Droids. The demo takes place in Geonosis, while the full campaign will take you through the galaxy....

There are no mods needed so just ignore the AT-RT mod im using in the screenies.

If you have questions about the story/instructions, they will be improved in the full campaign and will tell you what is going on when you first start playing.

Screenshots are in the topic with the same name in Scenario Discussion.

Please rate and comment, also tell me what i could improve in the future full campaign release.

-Installation Instructions-

Extract the .zip file to anywhere you want.
Then put the .cp1 file into your Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds/Game/Campaign folder.
Start the game, then goto Custom Campaigns and find it and play.

Enjoy!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Selur
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 5
When I first played this, I thought: "Dang, this is just like my caimpaign 'I Clone'". It's tons of fast-paced fun, trying to save as many Troopers as you can from certain doom, navagating through catacombs (A difficult task), and even fighting a "mini-boss".

Balance: 4
You're Clones are cannon fodder, but Mace is a wrecking ball. It's kinda difficult for you to lose, no matter how many men you have, since you got Windu, so minus one point.

Creativity: 4
A little generic. Everyone's heard of Geonosis and knows that the Republic tried to sabatoge the Battleship cores.

Map Design: 5
Great! Nice Terrain mixing, good use of gaia objects, and you could tell when you where in the catacombs or outdoors.

Story/Instructions: 4
This is a bit of a problem, it's just a simple objective with no pre-game instructions. That's okay though, I can live without them.

Additional Comments: Great job! I await the full caimpaign anxiously.

[Edited on 06/28/08 @ 12:53 PM]

BleXeze
File Author
Thanks for your review! I'll be sure to lower Mace's HP in the full campaign.

Im having some trouble with the second level tho, it keeps crashing as i start it.. Ive checked sound file errors and gaia trigger errors so those are out of the list.

There will be more mini-bosses troughout the campaign, including pre-game instructions and a proper storyline in the full campaign.

[Edited on 06/28/08 @ 08:20 PM]

AGENCY_SEACKER its a bugged trigger the crashing thing, i know it i have had thousands of those, it happens sometimes, mostly on a select object trigger, to find it do this WARNING: do NOT save it when doing it. take the scenario, delete a trigger, or if u want to a number of triggers, try remembering which triggers ur what trigger(s) u deleted, or up to what trigger u deleted, for that i recommend u delete from the last trigger not the first ones so u know until which number of triggers ur scenario stays, test it, if it crashes the scenario wont be saved or damaged, do this as many times until u find the damaged trigger.
BleXeze
File Author
Thanks, ill try that as soon as i can. I have about 100 triggers on it so hopefully i wont fail :P, ill write down the triggers i had in notepad or a paper.

EDIT: Perhaps it could be the selecting multiple objects at once trigger? Eg, i want four clones to go to a location and i dont want to make four separate effects. So i just make one task unit and select them all by double clicking. I'll look over that aswell.

[Edited on 07/01/08 @ 12:51 AM]

Rebel_CIS_Sup
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance3.0
Creativity2.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 5
Very enjoyable, even though I see him attacking personally out of character for a High General.

Balance: 3
Clones were useless, but Mace can convert the droidekas to form his own tough army.

Creativity: 2
Battle of Geonosis is not the most spectacular setting.

Map Design: 5
The map was well done, even though it did not look much like Geonosis.

Story/Instructions: 4
Not a lot of instructions, but enough to work through the mission without getting lost (the map layout helped in this).

Additional Comments:
Good map, but seems a little out of character (in real life, the highest Generals usually do not lead small operations).
Selur You shouldn't make such a big deal out of the fact that Mace is leading this small operation. Oh well, your little-content review will probably be retracted soon...
Davik_Kane
(id: I_Jedi)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity2.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 4
It was okay, but you need to make it a bit longer. When I got through the maze, I found the AAT, used Mace to kill it, and walked though the door to the battleship core. Instead, you could make the battleship core in another part of the map and continue there....but that's my suggestion.

Balance: 4
The clones died very quickly and Mace killed them very easily. When I got to the AAT, I found that the AAT's attack was warped, which was good for this situation, however, when Mace got close, the AAT ran off. Maybe you can put some turrets around.

Creativity: 2
It seems like a regular operation in a well-known battle to SW fans. Perhaps you could do the same thing but say it was on another planet.

Map Design: 4
The design was good, I liked the map, however it didn't really have that "Geonosis" feel to it. Maybe you could put some Geonosians around. It's their home planet and they are fighting the Republic, you know.

Story/Instructions: 2
Everyone who is a general SW fan knows about Geonosis and make the instructions detailed but not too detailed.

Additional Comments: I feel that this map could use some additions to it so put in more things in your scenarios. Otherwise, it was very good!
BleXeze
File Author
"It was okay, but you need to make it a bit longer. When I got through the maze, I found the AAT, used Mace to kill it, and walked though the door to the battleship core. Instead, you could make the battleship core in another part of the map and continue there....but that's my suggestion."

Im going to leave that map as it is, and not edit it any further, that would delay the full campaign IMO.

"The clones died very quickly and Mace killed them very easily. When I got to the AAT, I found that the AAT's attack was warped, which was good for this situation, however, when Mace got close, the AAT ran off. Maybe you can put some turrets around."

I could have edited the AAT to NOT run off when you get close to it, but then i would have to add the genie file into the zip wich i didnt want to, i dont want any modpacks or edited genie files for this campaign. I also dont think turrets would be a good idea, Mace would get killed ALOT easier then, wich wouldnt be good for the balance.

"It seems like a regular operation in a well-known battle to SW fans. Perhaps you could do the same thing but say it was on another planet."

No i don't wish to have it on another planet, due to planning to follow the Star Wars timeline, Episode 2 to Episode 3, then beyond.

"The design was good, I liked the map, however it didn't really have that "Geonosis" feel to it. Maybe you could put some Geonosians around. It's their home planet and they are fighting the Republic, you know."

Well, i didnt put any Geonosians in due to them fleeing like complete cowards in the movie from the arena when the Jedi showed up from nowhere :p

"I feel that this map could use some additions to it so put in more things in your scenarios. Otherwise, it was very good!"

I try to put in as many things as i can, sometimes i just get confused due to the trigger ammount and just quit for a while, then i start on something completely different in the same scenario.

Thank you for your review anyways, but still im leaving that map as it is.

EDIT:

@Rebel_CIS_Sup: Im just doing how i feel he should attack, also IMO, he attacked alot personally in the Clone Wars cartoons.

Also it would be hard to bring an entire army trough 1 person-wide ventilation shafts in level 2 wouldnt it? :p

[Edited on 07/08/08 @ 09:07 AM]

Rebel_CIS_Sup Usually in war, high generals are rarely present on the battlefield. (This goes for all armies, even those in history).
johnny595 "The design was good, I liked the map, however it didn't really have that "Geonosis" feel to it. Maybe you could put some Geonosians around. It's their home planet and they are fighting the Republic, you know."

The Geonosians in this game are a little hard to kill. They are always flyin and there is no air support or anti air mobile units in this map....the game would get a little strange and easy with air units. The fighters kill ground units with 1 shot ^^. Anyway, nice comment.
sorry about my bad english

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.7
Balance3.7