Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Modpacks » XJ X-Wing

Download File Post Review Post Comment

XJ X-Wing

Author File Description
Rossk This is a pretty simple mod. It changes the (R) Adv Fighter to an XJ X-Wing from the NJO series (and later). This is very useful for any EU campaigns, and a nice change from the regular Adv Fighter.

There are two different mods included. The first one (called XJ - 1) just replaces the Adv Fighter with an XJ. The second one (called XJ - 2) will replace the Adv Fighter with an XJ, AND replace the (R) Fast Fighter with the old Adv Fighter. I always hated that FF, so since I made the Adv Fighter even more advanced I figured I'd also change the FF, too. ^_^

Enjoy, and please rate. :)
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Clonehunter Well first of all, and i have never modded before but have installed them, so i know a lot about mods, especially the quality. All you really did was repaint the ADV Fighter with red paint (and some black). And added a little star on the wings. But at leatse the fast fighter has been replaced. I Think... I looked at this using scenorio editor. Now i have never modded before, so dont say "Well you go do it!", but, try making a new model (or take an exsisting one like an Awing) and replace the xwing. But it overall it was a decent attempt. I am looking forward to having more mods from you. (im trying to help, not discourage, um...

[Edited on 02/16/14 @ 01:12 PM]

Rossk
File Author
I don't really understand anything about that review. All you basically said was what I did to the mod, and that you've never modded before. When you review, you're supposed to tell how good the mod is, and help them make it better.

So that may have been all that I did, but that's what an XJ X-Wing looks like. Instead of rating it based on how much work I did, then base your rating on how GOOD the mod was. If mods were rated based on effort, then I could rate most of Andrea's mods a 1, which you haven't done.

EDIT:

"but, try making a new model (or take an exsisting one like an Awing) and replace the xwing."

Do you have any idea what an XJ X-Wing is?!

[Edited on 07/29/08 @ 03:44 PM]

wellst [moved to the review - WELLST]

[Edited on 09/27/08 @ 04:28 AM]

Clonehunter I dont have a single damn idea.
Rossk
File Author
Clonehunter, how can you review something if you have no idea what it is?! Ok, I'll just leave it at that though.

WELLST, thanks for the review. :)

[Edited on 07/30/08 @ 11:35 PM]

Rebel_CIS_Sup Roosk, I tried your mod (that changed both the fast fighter and the fighter) and I have two questions:

One: The blue markings on it seemed to suggest an attempt at player colors that was fixed to the color of player 1 (blue) [I have seen this on other mods as well]. It mixed with your otherwise good color scheme.

Two: The tips on the engines I did not understand

A good try, especially for a mod of an aircraft with little to no pictures of it at all.
Rossk
File Author
Roosk? XD

Anyway, yeah, that was supposed to be player colors. I have no clue why it didn't work. I set it to have player colors...I'm too lazy though to fix it. XD If I get enough demand for another version then I might.

And the engines were that way on the reference pic, so I made them that way. XJs were faster than TIE-Interceptors, so the engines were improved, that's why they look different.

EDIT: Wait, never mind about the player colors. Those markings are supposed to just be blue. ^_^

[Edited on 08/07/08 @ 08:30 PM]

wellst
Rating
Rating: 5

This mod is brilliant, The graphics of it fix perfectley into the game. Although he probably did repaint it in paint, Most mods have been, because of the palette. I think this mod is perfect and worthy of a 5. I couldn't find any errors with it, The graphics seem to merge together ok, No problems there. Well done Rossk, Another brilliant mod.

Additional Comments:

Good to see you modding again Rossk, I'm not going to mention anything about the Review above, Because i've got in enough fights here. But he is wrong. Keep up the good work Rossk.

RECCOMENDED BY WELLST.

-WELLST.

[Edited on 09/27/08 @ 04:29 AM]

Darth_Maul234 rossk, maybe you could also make a new unit, the stealth-x by taking a copy of your xj and giving it the stealth ability. Just a suggestion.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:478
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:94.00 KB