Please login or register

The Library
Moderated by Civis Romanus, Sassenach

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Revolution!
posted 02-10-11 06:14 AM CT (US)   
I am sick and tired of you Leftists, dare i say borderline communists, who think everything stemming from a religious source is hocus pocus.

Your rants about objectivity and keeping the forums free of religious debates are indicative of your extreme left views.

We the right winged minority are oppressed by your Communist rule. Where our freedom to discuss religion has been sacrificed by the elite communist leaders we call MODS. The right wingers stand for Democracy, Freedom and we support our churches and religion.

[JPEG, (118.16 KB)]

First of all I presented an article by one of the greatest theologians and his critique on Islam. Instead of arguing the articles points you led the people into an ignorance of it's existence. St. John was an educated man who was trying to provide an educated critique. To discuss the subject it would require a person to have read both the Bible and the Koran. Men willing to read and learn are hardly as dangerous as those who ignorantly close discussions and forbid talking about anything that opposes their views. A man with a closed mind is the only thing to fear-Plato

Secondly I posted something that by all intents and purposes was to be regarded along the lines of a conspiracy theory. The prophecy of Fr. Paisios has not been validated and some believe it was not a prophecy at all, but rather his own personal wish list. In any case I have noticed many conspiracy theory threads never survive in the Library. Despite them offering an alternate view on things. In this case Fr. Paisios was describing a situation where Pax America will stop having an effect. Countries will start warring more frequently and at this time Russia and the USA will collide. It is a geopolitical argument that includes the possibility of the resurrection of the Byzantine Empire. All of these things are discussable objectively despite the source or origin of the article.

Now just because you have a closed opinion of the source of such information does not mean that it is in any way swaying the general posters opinions based on the effect of being a religious source.

I martyr myself for the glory of freedom, democracy and Orthodoxy!

Squash me with your tanks, repel me with your guns, dilute me into nothingness. I stand as a martyr for the cause!

Goodbye and may God Bless you all.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde.
Replies:
posted 02-10-11 06:31 AM CT (US)     1 / 5  
Ah well. I salute you ephestion. Now you go to meditate and contemplate your next attack, and it will be more glorious than the last! Sadly, I will not join arms with you, but you embed within me the strength to not be like you.

悪即斬
posted 02-10-11 07:30 AM CT (US)     2 / 5  
Hmm. Strawman has a point. I've noticed that a lot of people who scream bloody murder about saying anything less than positive about Islam or Muslims think nothing of branding Christians with all manner of stereotypes and blasting them for believing in "a magical cloud-dwelling grandpa." All while reminding the militants that Christianity and Islam share a monotheistic heritage... and then saying that Muslims have more right to practice and be open about their faith and what offends them than Christians do.

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?
posted 02-10-11 08:33 AM CT (US)     3 / 5  
It's because Christians are part of mainstream culture, and some criticism of Muslims is motivated by racism.

To only state the obvious, even if a religious topic remains open, the resort to dogmatic authority can close off discussion. So the potential for generating reasoned agreement can seem quite limited. Conflict between dogmatic authorities can't be fully resolved if we can't examine the process by which these authorities reached their conclusions.

We can at least agree that prophecies have played a role in history. Sceptics might well consider modern Israel as a supreme example of a self-fulfilling prophecy. (And one wonders if the pessimistic header post was intended as a self-defeating prophecy.)

Putin was a pilgrim to Mount Athos. I heard the last time the ghost of Paisios appeared the monks came pouring into Salonica to stock up on oil and flour. Apparently his hope was that the Russians would be chosen by God to beat the Americans and Turks and liberate Constantinople for the Greeks. That does sound like a Cold War relic. You can often date a historical prediction by the transitory events it builds on.

The Byzantine apocalyptic tradition is certainly an old one. And one could argue that the Greeks did attempt to restore their medieval empire in 1919, after we took Constantinople from Turkey. But the exchange of Greek and Turkish minorities and contemporary aversion to war would count heavily against any replay.

Even if a future withdrawal of the US Sixth Fleet were to destabilise the Eastern Mediterranean, Greek irredentists on their own are unlikely to engineer another opportunity. Wars among minor powers are frowned on and would invite international intervention. But then, like Paisios, they might be hoping for Turkey to fight and lose a larger war with other nations, something which, in fairness, almost happened after the invasion of Cyprus in 1974.
posted 02-10-11 08:54 AM CT (US)     4 / 5  
Oh good, you've decided to act maturely.

"we have an agenda, a character assassination agenda, assassinating characters is what we do for a living" - Sukkit
posted 02-10-11 11:55 AM CT (US)     5 / 5  
Notwithstanding the fact that LoH has taken an interest in this thread and raised the tone far above the usual ephestion dross, I'm going to close it and any other like it.

Ephestion I'm sick and tired of you constantly spamming this forum with Greek Orthodox prophecy and related bullshit. You've already been asked politely by both myself and Civis to stop doing it, and the fact that your very next post here was a thread entitled 'Revolution' which only came out with more of the same isn't very encouraging. If we have any more threads like this anytime soon then i'm going to have to ban you.

You're a grown man, act like one.

"Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side ? and ain't that a big enough majority in any town ?" - Huckleberry Finn
HeavenGames » Forums » The Library » Revolution!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
HeavenGames