You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

HG Main Mafia Forum
Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Storyteller's Mafia III: Deep Cover (Game Thread)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
posted 06-11-10 08:24 PM CT (US)   
Storyteller’s Mafia III: Deep cover
Bingo Little, with help From The Cheese Man

Rules:
  • Editing posts is for evil, evil people. Don't edit your own, and don't edit others.
  • Dead men tell no tales. Arrested men lack a similar cliched phrase, but had better keep their mouths shut. No in character posts or posts which are relevant to the game are to be made in these circumstances.
  • Any communication you receive from me is private, and may not be quoted. Ever. Under any circumstances. Even to the FBI.
  • It's a closed communication game. You may not talk about the game (other than to say what a brilliant job I'm doing hosting and what a dashing fellow I happen to be) outside the thread unless your role specifically says so.
  • No one sleep talks. No one talks at night in thread.
  • Stand up, be bold and fearless when you vote. Vote and unvote in bold text, or I might miss it. If you don't know how to put text in bold, write it like this: [b]vote: Bingo Little[/b]
  • If you have a question, and it isn't about where babies come from, email me or ask me on msn or send me a highly trained carrier pigeon or learn smoke signals. Just don't ask in thread.
  • Write any night actions up properly in the genre you have been instructed: actions that are of inadequate length will not be used.
    General information:
  • The game will start on Day One.
  • Lynches require a simple majority. For those with bad maths, the number needed shall be posted every day.
  • Days will last as long as they need to, within reason. If I sense that the day isn't going anywhere, or it's just getting ridiculous, I shall give a warning of how long there is before night falls.
  • Nights will last exactly three days, or as close as I am able to make. It is your responsibility, not mine, to get your night action in.
  • Due to the setup of this game, death goes two ways. Those who are spirited away and arrested at night do not actually die, per se: they are merely in police custody for the rest of the game. Those lynched or killed in other ways (modkill, dramatic confrontation over €10 note, tragic toaster accident) are all sorts of dead except for the sort where you get better.
  • All roles will be assigned randomly.

Alive:
    1. Coldviper
    2. BastWorshipper
    3. Rotaretilbo
    4. Sir Wulf, replacing theferret
    5. Xzyiothe
    6. Heir of Elessar
    7. Ensemble_Nut
    8. Sir Wulf
    9. Davstar
    10. Newt_Gunray
    11. Kingtob
    12. Baske

In Prison:
    1. Sir Wulf - Rudolpho "Red Nosed" Abate, ordinary Mafia associate - murdered on way to prison.
    2. Sir Wulf (again) replacing theferret - Lucia "Village Bicycle" Fabriano, a flavoured doctor and rather a loose woman.

Dead:
    1. Coldviper - Ludovico “Justice” Jacaruso, undercover police officer. Cause of death: wrath of God
    2. newt_gunray - Mario "The Italian Way" Valente, undercover police officer. Cause of death: execution by firing squad.
    3. Sir Wulf - Rudolpho "Red Nosed" Abate, ordinary mafia associate. Cause of death: blunt force trauma, blood loss from axe attack
    4. Baske - Ricardo "The Bear" Moroni, Serial Killer. Cause of death: execution by firing squad.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

[This message has been edited by Bingo Little (edited 07-09-2010 @ 10:56 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 06-11-10 08:25 PM CT (US)     1 / 281  
    ladies and gents, boys and girls, if you could please post in bold to confirm that you have recieved your role?

like this will do:
    [b]Confirmed[/b]

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
    posted 06-11-10 08:32 PM CT (US)     2 / 281  
    Confirmed
    posted 06-11-10 08:34 PM CT (US)     3 / 281  
    Confirmed
    posted 06-12-10 01:27 AM CT (US)     4 / 281  
    I have received my role

Official OD Fantasy Football Champion
    Official OD Rock-Paper-Scissors Champion
    Official Champion of Gender-Confused Forumers Everywhere
    "ferret has a well-known reputation for trickery and deception"
    posted 06-12-10 02:12 AM CT (US)     5 / 281  
    I HATE YOU BINGO!

Confirmed!

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    posted 06-12-10 02:39 AM CT (US)     6 / 281  
    Confirmed

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
    posted 06-12-10 03:16 AM CT (US)     7 / 281  
    To all VTs who have complained to me via email, I may have promised you writing roles later on. I was lying. random.org decides all (except once, but that was a special case).

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    posted 06-12-10 04:38 AM CT (US)     8 / 281  
    ɹomysəduıə

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
    posted 06-12-10 04:52 AM CT (US)     9 / 281  
    I hate you too then, Mozzy.

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 06-12-10 06:43 AM CT (US)     10 / 281  
    Confirmed

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
    "Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
    "His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
    "And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
    "Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy
    posted 06-12-10 09:12 AM CT (US)     11 / 281  
    confirmed
    posted 06-12-10 11:50 AM CT (US)     12 / 281  
    Just a note: I'm going away for the week. I'll probably have Internet access, but I may not be as active as usual.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
    posted 06-12-10 02:15 PM CT (US)     13 / 281  
    Confirmed

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    "Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
    "Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
    posted 06-12-10 05:58 PM CT (US)     14 / 281  
    Confirmed

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
    Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

ERADICATE CONDESCENSION! (That means don't talk down to people.)
    posted 06-12-10 06:09 PM CT (US)     15 / 281  
    Confirmed

Reddendum hoc vobis
    Translate this yourself
    -----------------------
    Motto of the French Navy: "To the water, it is time!"
    posted 06-12-10 06:14 PM CT (US)     16 / 281  
    Sorry, meant to say: Confermato

Reddendum hoc vobis
    Translate this yourself
    -----------------------
    posted 06-12-10 07:04 PM CT (US)     17 / 281  
    Well, it isn't very ethical, now is it? True, true, I have in my earlier games (Mental Illness) given roles to those I think they best suited, but it isn't proper form, so I have ceased. *monocle**brandy**pipe*

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    posted 06-12-10 07:26 PM CT (US)     18 / 281  
    I considered suiting roles to players, but thought I might end up unbalancing the game. Random all the way.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
    posted 06-12-10 07:27 PM CT (US)     19 / 281  
    And I've yelled at Nax for you. I'm waiting for a response.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 06-13-10 00:33 AM CT (US)     20 / 281  
    You don't have to make it so random so as to make it unfair to certain people. And you could've made an exception.

posted 06-13-10 03:06 AM CT (US)     21 / 281  
    Hmm. I didn't think that compromising a rule in the title post would be a good start, is all.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
    posted 06-13-10 07:05 AM CT (US)     22 / 281  
    Again, you could've made an exception to stop this from being so terribly unfair.

posted 06-13-10 09:44 AM CT (US)     23 / 281  
    I didn't remember your role in the last two days!

if it's any consolation, I think my next game (probably storyteller's V or VI) won't have any Vanilla Townies...

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
    posted 06-13-10 10:50 AM CT (US)     24 / 281  
    It isn't any consolation.

Also, I'm pretty sure Mozzy knew who was getting what role, and I'm pretty sure he remembered who I was in the last 2 games.

Anyways, if this is going to be a day start and everyone's already confirmed (as far as I know), shouldn't the game begin?

posted 06-13-10 12:28 PM CT (US)     25 / 281  
    One confirmation left.

And Mozzy knew what the roles were, but the randomsiing and assigning was entirely mine.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
    posted 06-13-10 01:09 PM CT (US)     26 / 281  
    I guess you can start if that's the only thing left.

I still hate you guys.

posted 06-13-10 01:27 PM CT (US)     27 / 281  
    Etiquette is to get the last confirmation, no?

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
    posted 06-13-10 02:21 PM CT (US)     28 / 281  
    I don't think we get that usually, but I've seen it skipped only in games beginning with night so protocol for games beginning with day might be different.

Its just that I'm losing interest already, you see.

posted 06-13-10 02:31 PM CT (US)     29 / 281  
    Rather than have the entire game hang for a single player, better to start. If they don't confirm, treat them like an inactive and replace.

Oh, and VT is a great role. Whats all this about people disliking it?

Reddendum hoc vobis
    Translate this yourself
    -----------------------
    posted 06-13-10 03:01 PM CT (US)     30 / 281  
    Very well, gentlemen.

It begins.

Don Filipeppi, head of the Mafia Family, (and not a playable character) has sent this sleepy Sicilian village a letter. It reads:

"On July 8th 2010, Giovanni "The Sauce" Pagliacci was taken from our own village, in the very heartlands of our operation. The peasants live in fear of us, and none of them could have touched him.

No, this work is clearly that of la polizia. Some of your number in this village, no matter how trusted, how respected, have been paid off. I know all of you well as good men and women: I am sickened and disgusted that my own number would do this to me. I see that we have little option: each day, you are to take a vote like gentlemen, and execute the one you judge most guilty. I trust in your intelligence, and that honour will prevail here. Some of you will be locked away in what is to come. Some of you will be killed. But the cosa nostra will prevail."

It is now Day One. As there are twelve players, it takes a majority of seven to lynch. Remember to vote in bold.

Best of luck, gentlemen.

THE GAME'S AFOOT!

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
    posted 06-13-10 03:05 PM CT (US)     31 / 281  
    Fair enough

Vote: Heir

With all the fuss he's made to get a new role, we know he's not a VT. So he is either scum or a power role.

If he is a power role, scum will target him tonight anyway, so no loss in outing him today.

If he's scum, obviously a big plus to find out now.

So come on Heir, who are ya?

Reddendum hoc vobis
    Translate this yourself
    -----------------------
    posted 06-13-10 03:07 PM CT (US)     32 / 281  
    dear God I hope this all works out

EDIT: ninja'd by wulf!

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

[This message has been edited by Bingo Little (edited 06-13-2010 @ 03:09 PM).]

posted 06-13-10 03:12 PM CT (US)     33 / 281  
    vote: Heir
    seems like good logic to me, Wulf
    posted 06-13-10 03:22 PM CT (US)     34 / 281  
    Exactly what I wanted to start off with.

vote:Heir

7 to lynch, 3 already. Sufficient for pressuring purposes I would assume?

posted 06-13-10 03:24 PM CT (US)     35 / 281  
    vote:heir
    Yeah I agree with the logic
    posted 06-13-10 03:28 PM CT (US)     36 / 281  
    Heir of Elessar has four votes on him.

Three more are required to lynch him.

Don't worry, edit only fixed capitals.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

[This message has been edited by Bingo Little (edited 06-13-2010 @ 03:29 PM).]

posted 06-13-10 03:29 PM CT (US)     37 / 281  
    OK, thats enough. Lets not push it any more and give the guy a chance to come online and say something.

Reddendum hoc vobis
    Translate this yourself
    -----------------------
    posted 06-14-10 00:52 AM CT (US)     38 / 281  
    Confirmed sorry bout the lateness.
    Haang on a sec. So... we're voting for someone who we know isn't a vanilla townie. So we're potentially voting out a cop or a doc...
    Actually, faced with no better option, it sounds good to me. By the way, would we be looking at a... 3 mafia + a SK/survivor maybe?

Quote (anonymous) You are the
    smartest, yet dumbest person I've
    ever met.

LOST: Brain. Pretty small. Lost
    several years ago at birth. small reward.
    posted 06-14-10 01:40 AM CT (US)     39 / 281  
    Lol, why do you think I'd be complaining about being made a VT third time in a row if I wasn't already a VT?

Anyways, proper claim:

I'm Maria "Boring" Francetti. I have no powers apart from my vote. I'm with the Filipepi family.

I actually wouldn't mind being lynched as long as Bingo will allow me to replace in again, but in the interests of fair play I shall try to play properly.
    With all the fuss he's made to get a new role, we know he's not a VT
    Ok, so I make a fuss about wanting a new non-VT role just for once(after roles have been distributed), and so the logic follows that I can't possibly be a VT? And everyone agrees with this logic?

posted 06-14-10 08:42 AM CT (US)     40 / 281  
    Ok, so I make a fuss about wanting a new non-VT role just for once(after roles have been distributed), and so the logic follows that I can't possibly be a VT? And everyone agrees with this logic?
    Making a fuss about any role received just completely lacks any understanding of the sense of the game IMO. Plus, you complaining about your role also could imply a sudden change in your role you didn't agree with.

Complaining in the thread for everyone to see just doesn't make sense to me. At all. What could you possibly reach that way?

posted 06-14-10 12:57 PM CT (US)     41 / 281  
    Making a fuss about any role received just completely lacks any understanding of the sense of the game IMO.
    It was just a complete lack of understanding as to why fate and Bingo were being so cruel to me. I have yet to receive a writing role in this series of games, and there's only so much frustration at not being able to write night actions that I could take.
    Plus, you complaining about your role also could imply a sudden change in your role you didn't agree with.
    I think its pretty clear that I don't agree with my entire role, not just any sudden changes. In fact, any sudden changes at this point would be welcome.
    Complaining in the thread for everyone to see just doesn't make sense to me. At all. What could you possibly reach that way?
    I'd already tried complaining through email to Mozzy in the last game and it didn't work, I decided it was time to make my grievances public so that I could get a decent role in the next game.

posted 06-14-10 01:26 PM CT (US)     42 / 281  
    I'm in the same boat heir. I've never gotten a non VT role in this series and once again I'm a VT! No I'm not mafia .
    posted 06-14-10 03:33 PM CT (US)     43 / 281  
    Its just me, me, me. Play the damn game and forget about your own ego.

Reddendum hoc vobis
    Translate this yourself
    -----------------------
    posted 06-14-10 04:08 PM CT (US)     44 / 281  
    all right, im going to be a pain and remove my vote and place it on coldviper. it just such a random, over the top comment to make out of nowhere?
    posted 06-14-10 05:34 PM CT (US)     45 / 281  
    There are now three votes on Heir of Elessar, requiring three more to lynch.

There is now one vote on Coldviper, requiring six more to lynch.

Kingtob, in future, etiquette is to write in bold Unvote before revoting. Makes counting them easier for me.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
    posted 06-14-10 05:58 PM CT (US)     46 / 281  
    Vote:Kingtob

I trust my reasoning is fairly visible?
    posted 06-14-10 06:07 PM CT (US)     47 / 281  
    I believe Heir, as the thing in the signups seems perfectly consistent with him being a VT.

Vote: Kingtob, because, well, why not? We've bugger all else to go on.

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
    "Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
    "His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
    "And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
    "Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy
    posted 06-14-10 08:44 PM CT (US)     48 / 281  
    Rabble Rabble Rabble!
    Vote: ColdViper

Quote (anonymous) You are the
    smartest, yet dumbest person I've
    ever met.

LOST: Brain. Pretty small. Lost
    several years ago at birth. small reward.
    posted 06-15-10 00:38 AM CT (US)     49 / 281  
    Its not the ego, Wulf. Its just that I wanted to write some of my actions too.

You've at least gotten a chance to write CV, I didn't.

That was a fairly odd comment to make out of the blue though, as if he was just trying to get on the bandwagon and get confirmed as a townie. I'll not vote just yet though.

posted 06-15-10 09:18 AM CT (US)     50 / 281  
    A chance that 3 of my companions would die before I did?
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
    HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Storyteller's Mafia III: Deep Cover (Game Thread)
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    HeavenGames