loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Red Night Mafia - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10  Next Page »
posted 07-04-10 01:25 AM CT (US)   
Red Night Mafia

"The red moon is watching you." -A fish

Da Rules

• Do not edit your posts, double post if you must.
  • Keep game discussion in this thread, unless your role states otherwise.
  • Thou shall not quote the moderator nor your role email, or the red moon will shoot a red lazer at you! (modkill).
  • No talking during the night.
  • Those who perish under the moon or sun may not speak (Don't talk if you are dead).
  • Follow the HG CoC.
  • If any questions arise, email me (I reserve the right to refrain from responding).
  • Vote using the following format [b]Vote: Player Name[/b]
  • Do not forget to unvote before changing your vote.
  • Night will last 2 days max, if actions are not sent by then they will be considered as having made no action.
  • Players who contribute not will die under red moon lazer.
  • I reserve my right to change the rules whenever I feel like it.

Those alive:
    1. dsmi
    10. Gil_abhaas_galad

Those who perished:
    11. Buffychick85.......Eaten and rotten.
    5. Brighty...Survivor...Pierced by sword.
    7. Newt_Gunray...Mafia...Beaten with club.
    3. Heir_of_Elessar.....Eaten and rotten.
    4. BastWorshiper...SK...Pierced by sword.
    2. Coldviper...Found dead.
    6. James Hook...Found dead.
    12. Mozzy...Found dead.
    9. Monochromatic 2...Pierced by sword.
    8. racheltopaz...Pierced by sword.

The town has won!

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.

[This message has been edited by sneaky_squirrel (edited 08-03-2010 @ 12:22 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 07-04-10 01:53 AM CT (US)     1 / 479  
    Got the role E-mail.
    CONFIRM

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
    Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
    I was being stupid. - Herr
    posted 07-04-10 02:20 AM CT (US)     2 / 479  
    Confirmed!

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    posted 07-04-10 02:43 AM CT (US)     3 / 479  
    posted 07-04-10 03:05 AM CT (US)     4 / 479  
    Short, punny message indicating confirmation of role

Monochromatic 2
    OD Forum Communications Manager

Rosetta@Home, Cosmology@Home, and Folding@Home participant
    posted 07-04-10 05:07 AM CT (US)     5 / 479  
    Confirmed
    posted 07-04-10 09:06 AM CT (US)     6 / 479  
    Yeah

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
    posted 07-04-10 10:53 AM CT (US)     7 / 479  
    Confirmed!

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
    Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

ERADICATE CONDESCENSION! (That means don't talk down to people.)
    posted 07-04-10 01:25 PM CT (US)     8 / 479  
    Confirmed

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
    "Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
    "His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
    "And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
    "Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy
    posted 07-04-10 06:35 PM CT (US)     9 / 479  
    confirmed
    posted 07-04-10 06:40 PM CT (US)     10 / 479  
    BAW CHICKA BAW BAWW

Quote (anonymous) You are the
    smartest, yet dumbest person I've
    ever met.

LOST: Brain. Pretty small. Lost
    several years ago at birth. small reward.
    posted 07-04-10 07:30 PM CT (US)     11 / 479  
    I'm watching that red moon
    posted 07-04-10 08:04 PM CT (US)     12 / 479  
    confirmed!
    posted 07-04-10 11:56 PM CT (US)     13 / 479  
    "The moon remains white and the night at peace. The village people entered their cottages, many of them won't be sleeping tonight.

A roar is heard from a distance up in the mountains, it sounds hungry."

Night 0 has commenced!

Send in night actions swiftly.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    posted 07-05-10 08:48 AM CT (US)     14 / 479  
    Two things.

One, you have your email nowhere in this thread, you should fix that.

Two, it's a terrible idea to not have everyone's name listed in the alive column. Pretty much everybody doesn't cover it. I don't even know who's in the bloody game.

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
    posted 07-05-10 09:15 AM CT (US)     15 / 479  
    Zzz...mmm...mumblemumbleIagreewithJamesHook...mmm...zzz...

ever met.

posted 07-05-10 11:43 AM CT (US)     16 / 479  
    Thanks hook, fixed those.

You can find my email at the bottom of the OP.

posted 07-05-10 12:16 PM CT (US)     17 / 479  
    Zzz...mightnot...mmm...*rollover*...be...herefor...mmm...acoupleofdays...mmm...shouldbe...Zzz...backsoon...

ever met.

posted 07-06-10 03:56 PM CT (US)     18 / 479  
    "The night ends and the sun rises, the town was as active in the night as it shall be in the day for the entire town finds many unrecognizable corpses in the middle of the town square drenched in dried up blood.

The odd part was that no peasant was missing"

No one has died.

Day 1 has commenced!

posted 07-06-10 04:20 PM CT (US)     19 / 479  
    Many bodies, but no-one dead? That's an odd one.

"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
    "His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
    posted 07-06-10 04:23 PM CT (US)     20 / 479  
    Ok just to let you know i wont be as active for next ten 10days or so because i am on a road trip to Saskatchewan... but i have my iphone and will post from there
    posted 07-06-10 04:38 PM CT (US)     21 / 479  
    Might just be background flavour, can't be sure.

Interesting how the mafia didn't make a move, inactive maybe?

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 07-06-10 06:12 PM CT (US)     22 / 479  
    Yeah strange flavour, sounds like townies were up to something which is good but its a little early with 12 players to be getting info out of them.

Doesnt leave a lot to go with but thats fairly normal.
    posted 07-06-10 06:17 PM CT (US)     23 / 479  
    At this point, with everything that has been given, I'd say that the strangeness of the flavor is tightly linked with the mechanics of the game, seeing how it's closed-setup. I wonder whether the absence of kills have anything to do with it, or is it just a lucky doctor prevention or lack of action on the Mafia part?

But off to a decent start at least.

Monochromatic 2
    OD Forum Communications Manager

Rosetta@Home, Cosmology@Home, and Folding@Home participant
    posted 07-06-10 06:36 PM CT (US)     24 / 479  
    Many bodies, but no-one dead? That's an odd one.
    From my guess, I'd say that it's really just flavor, as it also goes along with the flavor in the OP.

Regarding the lack of kills, it's quite possible in such a small mafia, they aren't able to do a kill on Night 0. That, or a lucky doctor protection, as others have said.

posted 07-06-10 06:48 PM CT (US)     25 / 479  
    No deaths isn't a lot to go off though, no real hint towards what kind of roles we have out there, apart from possibly a doctor or possibly a mafia that can't kill every night (which seems unlikely to me, though not out of the realms of possibility- I've just never seen it in my very short list of games that I have played in).
    Or possibly just inactive people.

Still, it's nice not to lose people on the first night.

The flavour about the town being as busy at night as busy the day strikes me, like dsmi1, I'm not sure whether to take it as just meaningless flavour, or if there was a lot of good guy activity last night.

Not quite sure where to go from here. It would be nice to know if a kill was attempted and blocked by a doctor or a blocker or anything, but we certainly don't want to out them yet.
    posted 07-07-10 02:33 AM CT (US)     26 / 479  
    So what do people think we should do? Barring anyone coming forward with information we can use we need some direction.

Should we - i) get a few claims (3 may be plenty?) and then potentially lynch the weakest
    ii) mass claim and do the same?

Never really been a fan of the mass claim, but I am happy to consider it if people are keen on it.

Or if there are any other ideas / options available that would be handy to hear as well.
    posted 07-07-10 02:44 AM CT (US)     27 / 479  
    Yeah, lots of town activity might suggest a protection, if anyone was informed that they were protected, now is the time to tell us. It tells us whether the mafia can kill every night and whether they're even active or not.

posted 07-07-10 03:23 AM CT (US)     28 / 479  
    I dont think it tells us if they can kill EVERY night seeing as we have only had one. We would need to at least see two nights (i.e. odd and even nights usually) to make that assumption I think.
    posted 07-07-10 04:58 AM CT (US)     29 / 479  
    Or a lot of town activity may suggest that the mafia wasn't ready to take the risk of attacking,in turn suggesting they are a small number,as Hook said.

Those corpses look pretty weird,from where did they come from?
    Some info about anything will help in getting to a direction.

Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
    posted 07-07-10 08:36 AM CT (US)     30 / 479  
    Or a lot of town activity may suggest that the mafia wasn't ready to take the risk of attacking
    Two problems-
    a)The mafia didn't know there was going to be lots of town activity.

b) Night 0 is always the best time to take a risk and attack anyway for the scum.
    in turn suggesting they are a small number,as Hook said.
    Mafia are small gropus anyway. And the smaller they are, the more they need an extra kill, thereby suggesting that they should have gone for it on Night 0 if they could.

I'm leaning more towards lucky doctor protection/lucky block than mafia failing to make a kill, to be honest.

posted 07-07-10 12:33 PM CT (US)     31 / 479  
    I agree with Heir, principally on the basis that, in any game I've ever played in as scum, we've never come to the conclusion 'Best not to kill anyone on Night 0'. Which would suggest to me that the doctor got lucky, and/or the scum got unlucky.

I'm also disinclined to believe that it would be the case that the scum can't kill every night, though it's not out of the question. It would, however, be a rare game indeed where at least someone, whether it be a scum group or an sk, doesn't have some sort of kill.

posted 07-07-10 12:42 PM CT (US)     32 / 479  
    I agree that I doubt the scum chose not to attempt a kill. If it was lucky doctor protection, unfortunately we can't get any info out of it. Besides we definitely don't want the doctor to come out the first day.

However, if a roleblocker prevented a kill, then we have a lead if he/she chooses to come out. It may be worth the trade to finger the killer. However, I will defer to more experienced players to determine that.

Short of a roleblocker revealing or a cop's results, where do we go from here? Random pressure? There are a couple of people I don't recognize in this game, and there's always the "when in doubt, pressure CV" philosophy.

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
    Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

ERADICATE CONDESCENSION! (That means don't talk down to people.)
    posted 07-07-10 01:22 PM CT (US)     33 / 479  
    haha!
    FTW *Pressure CV*!

posted 07-07-10 01:31 PM CT (US)     34 / 479  
    You're definitely learning, Gil.

posted 07-07-10 02:57 PM CT (US)     35 / 479  
    Those corpses look pretty weird,from where did they come from?
    Here's our first post restriction, folks.

posted 07-07-10 07:31 PM CT (US)     36 / 479  
    Lots of corpses sounds like extra flavor in my opinion.

However a random vote is of course a excellent way to go. And of course with random votes we should choose a newer player Coldviper not falling into that category of course
    Vote: Buffy
    posted 07-07-10 08:47 PM CT (US)     37 / 479  
    Hahahahahaha no.
    Vote: Coldviper

Just kidding. CV deserves a break from the noose for once.

Unvote
    Vote: Buff

ever met.

posted 07-08-10 09:09 AM CT (US)     38 / 479  
    Vote: Buffy

Even if it's not a post restriction it's as good as a reason to start a random vote as any. A vote or two more should suffice for pressure.

posted 07-08-10 09:59 AM CT (US)     39 / 479  
    Sorry? You were mentioning a post restriction as to what Gil said earlier, and again now while voting Buffy, but I'm feeling rather dense and don't understand what you're talking about.
    posted 07-08-10 10:41 AM CT (US)     40 / 479  
    Just vote for Coldviper Buffy like a good samaritan.
    It's a random vote, basically, and there was something said taht could have been a post restriction. That's about it, really.

ever met.

posted 07-08-10 10:53 AM CT (US)     41 / 479  
    I think his comment on Gil was a joke on how stupid the comment seemed(not that I totally agree), dunno where the second reference came from.

posted 07-08-10 10:56 AM CT (US)     42 / 479  
    Ok, so the second reference was referring to Buffy's real life post restriction, as in the fact that she can't post much for the next 10 days.

Am I right Hook?

posted 07-08-10 10:59 AM CT (US)     43 / 479  
    Right. So, pressuring Buffy would be the worst thing we could do?
    UNVOTE
    VOTE: HEIR

For a) ninja'ing me in the other thread and b) making me look stupid.SPOILER It's not hard

ever met.

posted 07-08-10 11:56 AM CT (US)     44 / 479  
    There is no post restriction,just curiosity. :P

Anyway,as the wind blows,
    Vote:Buffy

posted 07-08-10 12:08 PM CT (US)     45 / 479  
    Sorry? You were mentioning a post restriction as to what Gil said earlier, and again now while voting Buffy, but I'm feeling rather dense and don't understand what you're talking about.
    In post 35, I explain it quickly. She posted something that seems very peculiar, and that someone wouldn't normally post. Sometimes, roles are assigned a restriction where they HAVE to post a certian line in one of their posts, normally once a day.

I found that line suspicious, and I think it's a good reason to start the first pressure of the mafia.
    Right. So, pressuring Buffy would be the worst thing we could do?
    No, not at all. Please read what I said above.

posted 07-08-10 01:44 PM CT (US)     46 / 479  
    For a) ninja'ing me in the other thread and b) making me look stupid.
    Wow. Just... wow.
    She posted something that seems very peculiar, and that someone wouldn't normally post.
    Ok, I gotta ask. How is posting that you won'tt be very active for x reason in the near future peculiar? People do it all the time.

posted 07-08-10 01:45 PM CT (US)     47 / 479  
    Ok. So my husband told me since we were going on vaccation to post that since I don't want it to be assumed that I am lurking. To harp on common curtesy is a bit scummy in my opinion.
    posted 07-08-10 02:13 PM CT (US)     48 / 479  
    Oh wait, it seems that I have gotten people mixed up here. My bad, buffy. Cold voting for buffy got me confused.

I was referring to Gil, actually. But since we're this far in pressuring and the suspicion of Gil was pretty much random anyway I guess we should just keep pressuring Buffy, no?

posted 07-08-10 02:47 PM CT (US)     49 / 479  
    That was a pointless suspicion,just because I wondered from where those corpses dropped off. :P

posted 07-08-10 04:31 PM CT (US)     50 / 479  
    At this point any suspicion and pressure is bound to be pointless initially.

And you need to make sure that the 'p' is lowercase to get the proper smiley, Gil.

Yes, like that.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10  Next Page »
    HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Red Night Mafia - Game Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    HeavenGames