Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Storyteller's Mafia V: Batman: Lockdown
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 08-31-10 11:07 AM CT (US)   
A Storyteller's Mafia.

Created by Bingo Little, with flavour help from Davstar and balancing comments from Sir Wulf.

Gotham Gazette

Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?

As we all know, Gotham's streets have been empty of late. 15th of June, nearly a month ago now, marks the last known sighting of Gotham's protector, Gotham's hero, and Gotham's saviour. The word is on every tongue: what happened to the Batman?

Not that the city is rife with crime – far from it! Who could forget the indredible track record the masked avenger has had in recent months? The amazing clean up spree saw The Dark Knight, possibly incensed after the rumoured death or disappearance of Robin, the Boy Wonder, more active than ever - and has seen all his foes slammed behind bars. Even more remarkably, they seem to be staying there. Perhaps it's the clear vengeful streak he's on. Perhaps it's the huge amount of funding recently poured into Arkham Asylum from a mystery benefactor. Our inside sources say that due to Doctor Jeremiah Arkham's radical new approaches to psychotherapy, several of Batman's notorious enemies honestly and sincerely seem to be reforming. Only time will tell...

Of course, all this is but a sideshow to the mystery itself: who was Batman? Where has he gone? And is he coming back? The closest source we have to Batman is commissioner James Gordon, who has always been notoriously silent on the subject of the Batman. When all we can hear from anyone remotely close to the man himself is "No Comment", we're left wondering: who is he? When is he back? Is he ever coming back, or is this the end to a staggering twenty year career as a vigilante?

And do we really need him any more?

-Vicki Vale

There were these two guys in a Lunatic asylum...

Arkham Asylum. The place nightmares go home to roost.

“Where is he?” The man in the chair is livid with rage, his hands gripping the newspaper tightly. Not that his skin is reddened from its dead white pallor. Not that his lips move from the eternal, sick, twisted grin. But he's angry, none the less – a nervous, edgy sort of anger easily conveyed by the uneasy laughter punctuating his speech. He's not in control, for once. And he hates that. “Where
is he? He can't disappear like this.”

“What's the matter, clown?” It's harder to hear this man, because of the sack with the sown eyes over his face. He's had to fight to keep his mask on, with the new psychiatric programme, and so he's wearing it all around the asylum now. Mealtimes have become difficult. “Worried Batman doesn't love you any more? Scared of being on your own?”

“You wish. No, what I'm going to do, is we're going to get out and find him. Find the Batman.”

“And then?”

“I don't know. Some days I think I'll kill him, break him, because I'm the only one who can do that, no one else is allowed. Other days, well, I think about it differently. I'm going to drive him mad. I'm going to make him like me. The past? The future? They change quite a lot. Sometimes I think I'm going to get up in the morning, stroll down to the exercise yard, maybe run a couple of laps.” The Joker pauses, evidently lost in thought. Scarecrow sighs – that's the trouble with life in a lunatic asylum. They're all utterly mad, not like him. And to think, he used to run this place. Not the way the clown did now, from the inside, but actually run it. As many people to scare, intimidate, and experiment on as he'd liked...

But as the plans and scale got grander, there was the Batman, looming on the horizon like an iceberg in his own personal ocean of fear. Scarecrow was
scared of the Batman. There was almost nothing else he was scared of any more. The Batman fascinated him, for all he stopped Crane's plans, for all he sent him to be humiliated at Arkham. But he wasn't as young as he used to be, none of them were...

The clown was right. Draw up a few of the old crew, those who haven't gone soft under the new quacks in charge. As if anyone understood psychiatry as well as he did. It was time to bust out. Not to find Batman, he told himself hurriedly, unlike the madmen in here, I'm not dependent on Batman. But there's so much to be done. Gotham doesn't fear us any more. Things must change. Fear's the key to it all.

“What's the plan, Clown? Got anything up your sleeve?”

“Well, now you mentioned it...” The grin on The Joker's face becomes actually sincere, if not pleasant, “I do have an idea.”

So, after my lengthy chunk of story, why play?

Because it's Storyteller's and because it's Batman are two pretty major points, to start with. Because the story that's started above is going to run through the mafia, and how you lot behave is going to influence it considerably.

I wouldn't say you have to be a massive Batman fan to play, but it's advised to have a fairly general knowledge and to read up on the character you're going to play. As it's a Storyteller's, every night action will need to be submitted as a narrative account of what you've just done. Unlike my last game, we're not using different genres for different people here - we're using characters. So stay entirely in character in your night actions. (And this is why it helps to know who you are).

There are twenty places to fill. I'm going to stop rambling here and say: go.

1. Newt_Gunray - mideonsworld@aol.com
2. Heir of Elessar - ritvikmats@gmail.com
3. Thymole - thymole@yahoo.com
4. Buffychick85 - lisa.dafoe@hotmail.com
5. Henrz - henrz.me@hotmail.com
6. Ashzr - ashzr@gmail.com
7. Xaph - xaphianion@gmail.com
8. Mozzarella Man - pspaperstacks@gmail.com
9. Kingtob - toby.king.92@googlemail.com
10. Gil_abhaas_galad - mohanabhaas@gmail.com I'm just gonna call you Gil.
11. R4z0r94 - domda94@hotmail.co.uk
12. Maegreg - maegreg@gmail.com
13. CharlieDog - charliedog88@gmail.com
14. Ensemble_Nut - splitting_headache2@hotmail.com
15. bast_worshipper - r76michael@yahoo.com
16. sneaky_ squirrel - tyrano-coke[at]hotmail[period]com
17. fphhotchips - fphhotchips@fphhotchips.com
18. Coldviper - hgcoldviper@hotmail.com
19. theferret - theferretnj@hotmail.com
20. James Hook - fatal.404.error@hotmail.com

Oh, and for any complete nerds, this entire universe is entirely out of continuity.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

[This message has been edited by Bingo Little (edited 09-04-2010 @ 04:53 AM).]

Replies:
posted 08-31-10 11:29 AM CT (US)     1 / 100  
Once more into the breach!

mideonsworld@aol.com

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
"His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
"And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
"Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy
posted 08-31-10 11:48 AM CT (US)     2 / 100  
In.

ritvikmats@gmail.com

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 08-31-10 12:00 PM CT (US)     3 / 100  
Good, larger games are better.

In
thymole@yahoo.com
posted 08-31-10 12:03 PM CT (US)     4 / 100  
Signed you all up.

Guess what role you can't get, Heir?

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 08-31-10 12:07 PM CT (US)     5 / 100  
in

lisa.dafoe@hotmail.com
posted 08-31-10 12:28 PM CT (US)     6 / 100  
K.

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
posted 08-31-10 12:34 PM CT (US)     7 / 100  
ashrzr@gmail.com

EE forever
posted 08-31-10 01:05 PM CT (US)     8 / 100  
Harrumph.

xaphianion@gmail.com

I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.
I love you in a totally platonic way Xaph - Jon Rolos | Xaph does mutha****in' win the thread. - Anakin
Xaph, I wish you were my friend IRL - Boba Fettucini
Well I think it's obvious why Peter Noone would care about Xaph - Newt_Gunray
Xaph is suddenly full of win! - Zaarin | Xaph, how often do you win threads? Because you just won this one - Catabre
posted 08-31-10 01:16 PM CT (US)     9 / 100  
And I haven't been signed up, because...?

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 08-31-10 01:20 PM CT (US)     10 / 100  
Guess what role you can't get, Heir?
I'm hoping VT.

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 08-31-10 02:07 PM CT (US)     11 / 100  
Guess correct!

And Mozzy, I just hadn't added any pre booking on yet.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 08-31-10 02:52 PM CT (US)     12 / 100  
My first Storytellers.

In

mohanabhaas@gmail.com

Anything more special about it, other than writing your own actions???

What's with Heir and VT roles?

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
I was being stupid. - Herr
posted 08-31-10 02:55 PM CT (US)     13 / 100  
Anything more special about it, other than writing your own actions???
It'll be in the rules/your role if there is.

What's with the multiple question marks?
What's with Heir and VT roles?
I've told you that story about 3 times now.

Shouldn't you be asleep by now? Its like 12:30 over there.

posted 08-31-10 03:01 PM CT (US)     14 / 100  
Thanks.

Multiple question marks?
Just like that.

Oh, I remember.
2 times, it seems okay, but 3-4 times sounds purposefully. Doesn't the role get distributed randomly?

Its just 12:30. The night just started.

Surely gonna be late for college tomorrow.

Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
posted 08-31-10 03:11 PM CT (US)     15 / 100  
everyone signed up so far is up.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 08-31-10 03:26 PM CT (US)     16 / 100  
I'm just gonna call you Gil.
That is fine.
Better than Gilblahblahblah

posted 08-31-10 03:26 PM CT (US)     17 / 100  
2 times, it seems okay, but 3-4 times sounds purposefully. Doesn't the role get distributed randomly?
It was 3 times in my case, but I doubt it was purposeful. And the role does get distributed randomly, Bingo was only joking I guess.

posted 08-31-10 03:28 PM CT (US)     18 / 100  
The roles are distributed randomly.

You are also not going to get VT.

I'm sure you can work it out.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 08-31-10 03:30 PM CT (US)     19 / 100  
I'm assuming there are no VTs then?

posted 08-31-10 03:39 PM CT (US)     20 / 100  
Yeah, there are no VTs. He told a few people that. He must have forgotten to put it up.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 08-31-10 03:49 PM CT (US)     21 / 100  
yeah. good point, it's information everyone should know, not just a few people.

THERE ARE NO VANILLA TOWNIES

thank you.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 08-31-10 04:13 PM CT (US)     22 / 100  
I was kinda hoping stupid scum might claim as VT and town might get a free lynch.

That is, of course, assuming that I'm town, which will be the case if recent records are anything to go by.

posted 08-31-10 04:17 PM CT (US)     23 / 100  
I've been third party in more than half of the games I've played it seems.
posted 08-31-10 04:18 PM CT (US)     24 / 100  
Yeah, it really does seem that way.

posted 08-31-10 04:19 PM CT (US)     25 / 100  
I'm in.
posted 08-31-10 04:24 PM CT (US)     26 / 100  
no VTs WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *happy dance*
posted 08-31-10 04:26 PM CT (US)     27 / 100  
I concur. Hopefully that might give me a decent chance of actually having a role which requires me to write a night post for the first time in a Storytellers Mafia.

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
"His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
"And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
"Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy
posted 08-31-10 04:28 PM CT (US)     28 / 100  
What is a Storytellers mafia, exactly, beyond 'you write your action as a narrative'?

I love you in a totally platonic way Xaph - Jon Rolos | Xaph does mutha****in' win the thread. - Anakin
Xaph is suddenly full of win! - Zaarin | Xaph, how often do you win threads? Because you just won this one - Catabre
posted 08-31-10 04:28 PM CT (US)     29 / 100  
CV: only fair to warn you that Mozzy is playing in this, since you've apparently quit several games because of him.

To both of you: any immature bickering or petty quarrels and I'll modkill you.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 08-31-10 04:31 PM CT (US)     30 / 100  
What is a Storytellers mafia, exactly, beyond 'you write your action as a narrative'?
That's the bit that makes it storytellers. I'm focusing on this one as a storytellers game because it has a plot which is a big part of events - my last storytellers had every player writing night actions in different genres.

The first and fourth ones were 'storytellers' by using famous authors for character names, too.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 08-31-10 04:46 PM CT (US)     31 / 100  
So for all other intents and purposes, is it the same? I mean, is the narrative just flavor, or does it affect the action itself?

posted 08-31-10 04:56 PM CT (US)     32 / 100  
Mostly just flavour, but a creative player can use it well.

I'm going to start boasting here, but in the first game, I used the fact that I got to describe my attacks/murders in detail to lie and frame other players for them, by leaving behind supposed clues. (I totally won.) Basically, if you're creative enough, and it doesn't break the rules, you can do stuff like that, even if the host hasn't thought of it.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 08-31-10 05:05 PM CT (US)     33 / 100  
That's what I'd hoped I'm getting real excited for this now, can't wait to get my role.

posted 08-31-10 05:31 PM CT (US)     34 / 100  
hey bingo, er, well ill give it a try but i cant say ill be good....

domda94@hotmail.co.uk

er not to sound noobish but whats bad about vanilla townies?.....

that sounded noobish

-_-

"Xeno is clearly the evil Chuck Norris reincarnate" - Major Helper
"Honestly, I thought Nick Clegg was a classmate of Dom's" - Mozzarella Man
"HIS POOR GRAMMAR MAKES SENSE NOW, HE IS AN ELEPHANT" - Ashrzr
"sometimes, I get that paranoid feeling that someone knows I'm watching them" - Rotaretilbo
"I have no intention of confirming or denying whether or not I have or do masturbate" - Rotaretilbo

[This message has been edited by R4z0r94 (edited 08-31-2010 @ 05:32 PM).]

posted 08-31-10 05:38 PM CT (US)     35 / 100  
nothing's bad about them per se, but heir was getting bored of being one

and I wanted a game where there were lots and lots and LOTS of role, and every role matched and was personalised to a named character.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 08-31-10 05:47 PM CT (US)     36 / 100  
ah ha right ok, erm i sorta know the basics of mafia ( i think ) but if someone could explain, it would be greatly appreciated

"sometimes, I get that paranoid feeling that someone knows I'm watching them" - Rotaretilbo
"I have no intention of confirming or denying whether or not I have or do masturbate" - Rotaretilbo
posted 08-31-10 05:52 PM CT (US)     37 / 100  
I *like* VTs. People who refuse to play as them are, IMHO, spoilt and ought to grow up.

Just my £0.02

Reddendum hoc vobis
Translate this yourself
-----------------------
Motto of the French Navy: "To the water, it is time!"
posted 08-31-10 06:02 PM CT (US)     38 / 100  
I quite like VT's as well. I just wanted to try running a game without them, because, as a mod, I'm a masochist.

Razor, try reading through the basic articles on here. It should teach you all you need to know.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

[This message has been edited by Bingo Little (edited 08-31-2010 @ 06:03 PM).]

posted 08-31-10 06:14 PM CT (US)     39 / 100  
Sign me up.

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
posted 08-31-10 06:22 PM CT (US)     40 / 100  
read it

posted 08-31-10 06:28 PM CT (US)     41 / 100  
your email's set to private.

So once you give me it, I will.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 08-31-10 11:15 PM CT (US)     42 / 100  
Mmm. I though everyone had mine by this point. maegereg@gmail.com

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
posted 09-01-10 00:05 AM CT (US)     43 / 100  
I *like* VTs. People who refuse to play as them are, IMHO, spoilt and ought to grow up.
I like them fine in normal games too, but in these kind of games you actually want to get into the stuff and write. Seeing everyone write such great stuff while I twiddled my thumbs at night was just depressing. But I would have no problems playing VT in a normal game. Hell, I could even sleep peacefully at night for once.

posted 09-01-10 02:51 AM CT (US)     44 / 100  
In, Charliedog88@gmail.com
posted 09-01-10 08:23 AM CT (US)     45 / 100  
I am so in for this.
splitting_headache2@hotmail.com

Quote (anonymous) You are the
smartest, yet dumbest person I've
ever met.

LOST: Brain. Pretty small. Lost
several years ago at birth. small reward.
posted 09-01-10 09:44 AM CT (US)     46 / 100  
Oooh... I wanna play.

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

ERADICATE CONDESCENSION! (That means don't talk down to people.)
posted 09-01-10 10:41 AM CT (US)     47 / 100  
We're going pretty well, gentlemen. Just five more slots to fill.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 09-01-10 12:04 PM CT (US)     48 / 100  
I have to agree with Heir. I have been in two of them and both time VT's and all i really wanted to do was write my own scenes and its a growing joke about me being a VT because it almost all the mafias i have played i have been one

Plus apparently when i am one, i get lynched
posted 09-01-10 12:33 PM CT (US)     49 / 100  
Sorry about the last game, Buffy. But you really acted exactly as you did in WWII mafia, so I thought I had you caught out again.

posted 09-01-10 12:36 PM CT (US)     50 / 100  
its ok, The WWII mafia was screwed up before it really began where two of my three partners messed up at the very begining. And i really did have to yell and swear lol
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Storyteller's Mafia V: Batman: Lockdown
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
HeavenGames