HG Main Mafia Forum
Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: DGoL : Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 18  Next Page »
posted 09-29-12 06:07 PM CT (US)   
"Master!! Master! The guests th-". A man sitting in a slender leather chair raised his hand and nodded. The servant placed his hand back over his chest and bid his apologies. He turned on his heel and made it three steps, two more than his predecessor, and a wire caught his jugular. The death was rather quick for his taste but it was as always, effective enough. The man stood and allowed his mind to wonder off from his guests for a moment, tracing the back of his own hand. You could not see the bloodstains, but they were there. Animals could smell the repulsive scent before sight would give away his devastating wake. He bent over his desk and trifled through the drawers methodically. Within the third or fourth slam he picked up a worn wooden box, no larger than the size of your head. With the care of a mother, he laid it upon a cart, that then rolled down a shaft, and with a chuckle he checked his watch. The pocket watch would be an odd sight in a normal man's pocket. It was the size of a man's chest and made of neither gold nor silver. It did not click nor clang but made the very soft sound of water flowing. The cover was adorned with Latin prayers, to what, was forgotten a long time ago. The face of the watch had the normal numbers of time and date, yet it did not count seconds nor minutes. He sat it as well, in a cart by the door and with a gentle loving push down the hall and stairs. What was the watch made of you ask? The man smiled and traced his hand again. Flesh.

Any questions should be sent to the host email at:
SirDanteHost@hotmail.com

It is currently END GAME

Mafia WIN

The Victims

_1 - lordofglory
_2 - WRP - Burned
_3 - Sodamister - Frostbitten
_4 - Weemicky
_5 - Herr Heir
_6 - CarolKarine - Burned
_7 - Peter Fallon - Frostbitten
_8 - Rotaretilbo - Burned
_9 - Plakev2
10 - Plake
11 - Pulse_of_Shift - Frostbitten
12 - Newt_Gunrayv2
13 - Newt_Gunray
14 - Tadashi - Burned

Public information

There are players peddling drugs in this game. Those drugs or chemicals as they are referred to, are used to make CERTAIN night actions. Think of them like pieces to an inventor role.

An amount of Four Chemicals allow a player to use a Roleblock
An amount of Four Chemicals allow a player to use a Doctor
An amount of Five Chemicals allow a player to use a Vig Action
An amount of Three Chemicals allow a player to use an Investigation
An amount of One Chemical allows a player to use a Bodyguard action

The following is the standard townie email:
You are Number _, a Chemical Townie.
You are not aware of your real name or where you came from.
All you know is that every night you are given a chemical with the number one on it.
You must send your chemical to another player each night.
You may not keep them for yourself.
Other than the ability to send and receive chemicals you are basically a Vanilla townie.

The town win condition is as follows:
The town must survive longer than all non-town members other than survivors. Typical win condition not saying there are or are not survivors. Just that if there were you may win with them.

The Rules:

The Mod is God, Any mistake made by the Mod is not a mistake and is on the shoulders of the player until the game is said and done. Only then will any mistakes made be brought up or complaints brought forward about the set up. ONLY AFTER THE GAME HAS BEEN COMPLETED
Roles will be distributed entirely randomly, using an automated list randomiser.
The host may refuse to allow any player it participate in the game for a number of reasons (e.g. those who have been inactive in previous games, those who have demonstrated a lack of understanding of the game, those who complain about "vanilla" roles or hosting methods, etc.).
The game will start on Day 1
Each day phase will continue until a single player has the majority (greater than half) of votes on them, which will result in that player being lynched. For example, if 10 players remain, 6 votes on a single player will result in that player being lynched (even if one or more voters changes their mind after these votes have accumulated). IF a lynch is not decided on within one week of the Day period starting a Lottery will be handled by the host which will decide what player is randomly lynched.
Each night phase will last 48 hours. EXACTLY 48 HOURS If you do not email your night actions to the host within the designated night period then you may be granted leniency but this is at the host's discretion. You are strongly advised to decide and perform night actions on time.
To vote a player to be lynched, you must bold your choice. An example of the formatting you can use is shown below:
Vote: Forummer X.

In order to change your vote, you must unvote your original choice first. It greatly helps the host if you specifiy who you are unvoting. The following is an example of an acceptable change of vote:
Unvote: Forummer X.
Vote: Forummer Y.

You cannot vote for yourself.
THIS GAME DOES NOT HAVE NO LYNCHES
The game ends when every team is dead, incapacitated or has fulfilled their win condition. The town's win condition is to eliminate all threats to them.
If you die, you're dead. If a dead player posts in this thread in order to wish their team good luck then no action will be taken but if the host decides that any information has been revealed in the post, that player's team will be punished at the host's discretion. Please be sensible and courteous to those still involved in the game.
Don't talk about this game outside of this thread unless your role email specifies permission to do so.
Unless otherwise indicated in your role email, abilities cannot be targetted on yourself.
Don't post in this thread during the night phase or you will be modkilled.
You May Quote from your email, but it won't help you. Anyone can lie.
Don't edit your posts. If you do, your punishment is at the discretion of the host depending on the nature of the edit but it will usually result in a modkill. Do not complain if you edit a post and get modkilled.
If you are going to be away from the game for an extended period of time (for example, going on holiday for a week or longer), tell the host in advance so that they can replace you if necessary.
If you simply stop posting and become inactive, DIE. I expect activity from all players at least once every 48 to 72 hours. If you sign up to play this game, you are expected to play.
If you have a question about the game, you should email the host. Using the thread to ask questions is not advised. The host will make information, including answers to queries, public if they feel it is necessary.
It is not the host's fault if you fail to read and/or follow the rules.

[This message has been edited by SirDante (edited 11-11-2012 @ 10:37 PM).]

Replies:
posted 09-29-12 07:43 PM CT (US)     1 / 860  
The game is Day start as the OP says, but I ask you not to use the thread until I say its okay to start posting. Think of it like everyone having breakfast and I don't want you to speak with your mouth full of bacon, or cereal, or whatever you do.

posted 09-30-12 04:32 PM CT (US)     2 / 860  
The Game thread is now open to discussion. Day 1 has begun. With fourteen players alive it is eight to lynch.

[This message has been edited by SirDante (edited 09-30-2012 @ 04:36 PM).]

posted 09-30-12 04:37 PM CT (US)     3 / 860  
What did you guys eat for breakfast? And what do you think of newbie pressure? Vote: FatPat75

AoMH retired Scenario designer
Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 09-30-12 04:43 PM CT (US)     4 / 860  
I had a hot dog for breakfast strangely, I'm all for newbie preasure. vote WRP
posted 09-30-12 04:45 PM CT (US)     5 / 860  
Vote Countv1.7

WRP - 1 (Weemicky)
Fatpat - 1 (WRP)

posted 09-30-12 04:50 PM CT (US)     6 / 860  
>Newbie pressure

>Voting me

lol

Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 09-30-12 04:53 PM CT (US)     7 / 860  
Okay, I see this is how we get our suspects for after this time, I'll randomly select 2 people and they'll send there chemicals to each other, if you don't receive a chemical from your partner their scum. We keep on doing this until everyone has a partner, easy peasy. Just need to make sure we don't pair any scum up together.

Also if you think I'm scum and going to pair all the scum up together and all the town so we won't know scum let's say the next person to post can pick out the names instead?
posted 09-30-12 04:54 PM CT (US)     8 / 860  
I had cereal for breakfast, it was all fine until until I relized milk shouldn't look like urine.

Vote: Fatpat for pissing in my breakfast

"Quoting yourself is stupid"-Lordofglory
"FPS never have lores, I'm sorry."-Joshua Thacker
"Daybreak? I'd rather we be done with you here and now."-Rotaretilbo
posted 09-30-12 04:56 PM CT (US)     9 / 860  
We could always just do the scum's work for them and lynch Wee.

posted 09-30-12 04:59 PM CT (US)     10 / 860  
Okay, I see this is how we get our suspects for after this time, I'll randomly select 2 people and they'll send there chemicals to each other, if you don't receive a chemical from your partner their scum.
Why? Care explaining? As far as I know, we can send the chems to anyone, regardless of their allegiance.

posted 09-30-12 05:01 PM CT (US)     11 / 860  
He means to imply that all town are Chemical Townies and all scum are unable to send chems. However, he seems to have missed the somewhat important clause that chems are sent at night, and it is currently day.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
posted 09-30-12 05:02 PM CT (US)     12 / 860  
Vote Countv1.9

WRP - 1 (Weemicky)
Fatpat - 2 (WRP, Lordy)

[This message has been edited by SirDante (edited 09-30-2012 @ 05:02 PM).]

posted 09-30-12 05:07 PM CT (US)     13 / 860  
how we get our suspects for after this time,

unvote WRP

Sorry that was a lol vote.

For this day though we have no plan other than getting a possible mass claim and seeing what numbers everyone claims and if we get a counter claim then it's a lynch. Other than that we could always do it the other way.
posted 09-30-12 05:09 PM CT (US)     14 / 860  
Mass claim? Nah, get a couple random claims first.

posted 09-30-12 05:11 PM CT (US)     15 / 860  
Care to pick some people WRP? ^^
posted 09-30-12 05:13 PM CT (US)     16 / 860  
Vote Count v2.0

Fatpat - 2 (WRP, Lordy)

posted 09-30-12 05:18 PM CT (US)     17 / 860  
what numbers everyone claims
report Wee for assisting enemy team

Also, Lordy es numero uno, huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuhuehuehuehuehue.

Its how Dante would have wanted it done. ;(

posted 09-30-12 05:18 PM CT (US)     18 / 860  
Well, a character claim appears to be useless, unless my character is just coincidence. I'm Number 8, and my place on the player list is 8. I assume everyone else's number reflects their place on the player list?

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
posted 09-30-12 05:18 PM CT (US)     19 / 860  
Haven't even had time to read the thread but I find this comment obligatory.

Micky. You really need to look over some completed games. We can't have you pulling everyone's attention on every page. I really doubt you can get peoples' attention in a way while positively contributing to the game. Disruption is frustrating, and you're going to have a bad time here if this were to happen.

This might apply to this other newbie but considering I didn't see him sign up I'm assuming he's Dante's friend, and I'd think he'd know the basics from that.

more later

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
posted 09-30-12 05:25 PM CT (US)     20 / 860  
I feel like Micky's attention drawing skills do not come simply from lack of understanding of terminology that could be gleaned from reading a few games, but just lack of observation.

For example, in this game, he clearly demonstrates being either unaware of how chem sending works (something that's posted in the OP) or unaware of what time of day it is (something that's also post in the OP). Neither of these necessarily means he's scum, but they still draw attention because he aggressively suggests strategies and plays while ignorant of these facts.

It was the same way in Experimental, where he clearly demonstrated complete ignorance to the fact that we were all already aware of the setup and his being mafia, and that we were lynching him because our two factions had teamed up against his, not because we thought he was scum or something like that. Even when we tried to explain it to him, he kept insisting that he was town, going so far as to use the most infuriatingly stupid defense ever, "I never lie when I play mafia."

posted 09-30-12 05:36 PM CT (US)     21 / 860  
I stated in my post that its something we can do for the next night so we have our suspects for the next day, I also quoted it to you aswell. I find it extremly ignorant that your calling me ignorant for something I didn't read when I clearly stated twice I knew it was day, so in fact you should be paying more attention to what I said.

I also don't get what's wrong with my plan and it's frustrating me. Only townies can send chemicals, right? So therefore you'll know if you received them or not. I don't think I'll be reading any completed games since I doubt it would make much difference since I've been reading any rules and tips I can find about this game.
posted 09-30-12 05:38 PM CT (US)     22 / 860  
Also I'm number 4 which scares me because now I'm thinking that the scum get numbers to?

I have read the opening post, about 3 times actually so if I get anything wrong I just don't understand it I guess but right now, I think I know everything I need.
posted 09-30-12 05:39 PM CT (US)     23 / 860  
I can confirm that my player number corresponds with my position on the list in the OP, so I do believe that is useless to claim. I don't know how many of you have played in one of Dante's Love games, but I do believe his whole goal here is to get you to play. I don't think we're going to get anything from claiming any information from role emails or anything like that. I think this game will probably be good ol' mafia, much like the predecessor.

"I have this hysterical urge to move to another room and laugh when I hear Lordy say he has speculated and used some math..." -Major Helper
"God damnit, did I just make that an Australian demon?
-Sodamister
"I like my women like I like my English weather: cold and wet." -Henrz
posted 09-30-12 05:40 PM CT (US)     24 / 860  
Or which is probably more likely is the fact that the numbers don't go 1, 2, 3, 4.. Etc.
posted 09-30-12 05:53 PM CT (US)     25 / 860  
But, Micky, what Rot is saying is that he is Number 8, just like he is 8th in the player list. I am Number 3, just like I am 3rd on the player list. You are Number 4, just like you are on the player list. Get it?

Please, provide us with the information you used to determine that numbers are randomized.

And, Weemicky, if you're going to try to insult Rot, don't lie. You never mention that it is Night or Day in your plan. You say it is Day eventually, however, this is after your ridiculous proposals.

"I have this hysterical urge to move to another room and laugh when I hear Lordy say he has speculated and used some math..." -Major Helper
-Sodamister
posted 09-30-12 06:07 PM CT (US)     26 / 860  
ITS POST 7 FIRST LINE
Okay, I see this is how we get our suspects for after this time,[/q

Getting accused of being a liar now too? Read before you accuse me of things!

Now what you said about how I came up with that the numbers were randomised , I just guessed, first time in a game that your number in the OP post actually meant something so don't be mad at me for just presuming that because I was "ignorant".
posted 09-30-12 06:16 PM CT (US)     27 / 860  
For after this time.
für nach diesem Zeitpunkt
بعد هذا الوقت ل
para después de este tiempo
pou apre tan sa a
ि

Thats funny. I can't find day in there.
While you may have loosely eluded to it, it doesn't change the fact that all your points have been pretty much horrendous as well as your suggested plans of action.

-Sodamister
posted 09-30-12 06:17 PM CT (US)     28 / 860  
A guess? You said "more likely", which means you had reason to suspect.

-Sodamister
posted 09-30-12 06:37 PM CT (US)     29 / 860  
I suggest we avoid getting too distracted by Micky at the minute: in the (admittedly small) number of games we've played with him so far, it seems that this sort of behaviour is the norm. I personally don't think that he's scum that cracks easily, simply because no pressure has been applied or been warranted to cause him to crack: I think that's just the way he is, irritating though it may occasionally be.

We risk blinding ourselves in the same way that it was easy and lazy to go after Coldviper or TheMagicEye in the old days because they usually did something daft to attract our attention, making it easy for scum to pursue them simply because the town is usually all the more willing to jump on the bandwagon to rid itself of a distraction. We need to be careful and concentrate on facts: for instance, Micky, how do you know that scum don't have chemicals?

Anyway, I too am the number which corresponds to my position: Number 13. This won't tell us much, I feel.

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
"His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
"And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
"Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy
posted 09-30-12 06:47 PM CT (US)     30 / 860  
I like how something somewhere failed at Hindi.

Anyways, I'd like to make it clear that I am a vanilla townie, and not a chemical townie. So I can't peddle drugs of any sort, which means that Weemicky's plan won't work on the off chance that we decide to go with it.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 09-30-12 06:52 PM CT (US)     31 / 860  
Holy shit Micky, shut up until you have something constructive.

Now: his plan for finding scum will probably work, if a scum who receives a chem doesn't tell others he didn't.

No, that plan is scrapped, because a) we're relying on the scum not to lie, and b) we're assuming every town has chem sending abilities, and all scum don't.

I am number 6, just like my player number - although it is true that this means nothing.

Now: the easiest thing to find out what we should discuss is to ask ourselves: what do we need to know for night, as no day start occurs without a reason, just like a game with this lack of town variety in roles will have no scum being caught on flavor.

Based on that line of thought, we need to assign a player to be the cop, and to receive chemicals for an investigation. We then also need to assign a player to be a doc, and protect the cop. The only problem here is that we have no way at all to know that we are giving our chemicals to a townsperson

Now: in thoughts of ending today after any necessary discussion, we must lynch somebody. As our chances of hitting town to hitting scum won't change regardless of who we lynch, we must lynch the most detrimental player - because there's no chance that scum will slip up when the only flavor they need is their number on the list in the OP.

Is this fair reasoning? It makes sense to me.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 09-30-12 06:58 PM CT (US)     32 / 860  
Looking back on my most recent post, and here's ninja, I must say that I believe my reasoning to be acceptable, but not fool-proof.

I would be willing to peg herr as more-likely-town, simply because no sane scum would claim something different from the majority of town claims coming out of the woodwork. I would prefer he be the cop, if we decide to follow the reasoning laid out be me above.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 09-30-12 07:07 PM CT (US)     33 / 860  
I like the idea in theory, however, if the scum have a kill, wouldn't they just kill off Herr?

-Sodamister
posted 09-30-12 07:12 PM CT (US)     34 / 860  
Dante, to clarify, chemicals received on a night cannot be used that same night to perform an action, correct?

-Sodamister
posted 09-30-12 07:52 PM CT (US)     35 / 860  
We use the assigned doc to protect the cop. As we know someone will die tonight regardless, we can afford to lose our doc because we can replace them. Whoever investigates innocent should be the next cop. The only problem is making sure we have a starting town cop.

posted 09-30-12 08:28 PM CT (US)     36 / 860  
That was my point, CK. If Herr is who we send our chemcials to, what happens if the mafia just kills Herr?

-Sodamister
posted 09-30-12 08:36 PM CT (US)     37 / 860  
Dante, to clarify, chemicals received on a night cannot be used that same night to perform an action, correct?
An intercom from the back of a garden statue comes on. The voice is smooth and very relaxed.

My dearest Soda, that is a most important question that you have there. How Chemicals work you ask? I shall tell you, quite simply. Chemicals that are received are very violent and more than likely a bothersome to try and keep more than just one night. They should be used on the night they are received to make an action. When dusk falls on this garden green, I will let you all rest one by one dropping to the floor, until your lovely little eyes close tightly.

Then I will awake the persons around you that I will give Chemicals to, they will make the exchange as they so see fit. Then I will help them back to sleep so they may rest a while longer.

Then the players that want to make actions using them...or other more interesting means will also be summoned and the same will happen.

Then you may all enjoy the sunrise together, at least most of you.

The intercom returns to silence.

[This message has been edited by SirDante (edited 09-30-2012 @ 08:43 PM).]

posted 09-30-12 08:50 PM CT (US)     38 / 860  
Okay, then CK's plan will work fine. Who should our doctor be, then?

-Sodamister
posted 09-30-12 09:00 PM CT (US)     39 / 860  
Okay. CK's plan sounds like it could work.

I am a chemical townie and I'm Number 11.

Rick: POS is literally the best poster.
Lunatic: POS, you are awesome, can I marry you?
posted 09-30-12 09:02 PM CT (US)     40 / 860  
This is the reason I ask:

1. Herr is not a chemical townie, so we have reasonable belief that not every townie is a chemical townie.
2. Herr will require 3 chemicals to perform an investigation.
3. Whomever doc's Herr will require 4 chemicals.

Now, if you think we can 100% pull this off without naming our doc, Ill go for it. However, Im not convinced.

-Sodamister
posted 09-30-12 09:16 PM CT (US)     41 / 860  
I am not a chem townie either,asking for people to exchange chems is a bad idea for a so many reasons.

WHYCANTYOUSE
posted 09-30-12 09:18 PM CT (US)     42 / 860  
We can't do this without naming a doc.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 09-30-12 09:24 PM CT (US)     43 / 860  
we don't need to hide the doc. that was my point.

in this game, the doc is replaceable. we just send our chemicals to someone else.

posted 09-30-12 09:25 PM CT (US)     44 / 860  
should we go through and claim if we're chem townie or not?

-Sodamister
posted 09-30-12 09:26 PM CT (US)     45 / 860  
I am not a chem townie either,asking for people to exchange chems is a bad idea for a so many reasons.
why is it bad, plake? if we don't we essentially have now town power roles. we would be going entirely on behavior - which, given the lack of flavor, and the expertise present in these forums, would be a hell hole for town.

posted 09-30-12 09:30 PM CT (US)     46 / 860  
probably... but remember, the mafia will be hiding in our ranks.

actually, it would be best if it wasn't a doctor, as the more I look at it, the less likely I think it that we'll get 7 chem townies. I think we can pull off 5, though, and therefore must have one person bodyguard the cop. seeing as someone will die, as the scum would never be stupid enough to target the one person sure to be protected (the cop), then it's beside the point to go for a full doc protection. make sense?

posted 09-30-12 09:51 PM CT (US)     47 / 860  
I can see definitely see that. This way, as long as someone gets 3 chemicals, they can do the cop and someone can BG them. Sounds legit.

-Sodamister
posted 09-30-12 10:56 PM CT (US)     48 / 860  
that was a terrible post on my part, asking for people to exchange chems TO CONFIRM AS TOWN is a terrible idea.

WHYCANTYOUSE
posted 10-01-12 01:22 AM CT (US)     49 / 860  
I stated in my post that its something we can do for the next night so we have our suspects for the next day, I also quoted it to you aswell. I find it extremly ignorant that your calling me ignorant for something I didn't read when I clearly stated twice I knew it was day, so in fact you should be paying more attention to what I said.
You want to argue about wording? Let's argue about wording.

The phrase "after this time" is incredibly vague. It could refer to "after this post", "after this day", "after this game", or "after Sol expands and consumes the Earth a billion years from now". When several people called into question your reasoning, quoting the extremely vague phrase again without adding any commentary to clarify is insufficient.

Moreover, let's analyze the phrase "I'll randomly select 2 people and they'll send there chemicals to each other, if you don't receive a chemical from your partner their scum. We keep on doing this until everyone has a partner, easy peasy." Notice the order in which you listed your plan.

Step 1: WeeMicky calls on two players
Step 2: Those two players send one another chems
Step 3: Each player states whether or not they received chems; players who did not receive chems are paired with scum
Step 4: We repeat this process for everyone

Do you notice the problem the way you ordered your plan? Why yes, the problem is indeed that you have the "repeat" part of the plan after the full execution of the plan. The implication is that we do two people at a time, wait for the results, then repeat. The use of "after this time" only further evidences this implication.

Moving on from the semantics of your wording, you haven't addressed the other (and more important) problems I brought up with the plan. Namely, the plan both assumes that all town players can send chems and that no scum players can send chems.
I also don't get what's wrong with my plan and it's frustrating me. Only townies can send chemicals, right? So therefore you'll know if you received them or not.
We don't know this. All we know is that the standard towny can send chems. We don't know if these standard townies constitute the entire town, or if the scum are unable to send chems. I already outlined this explicitly in both of my posts.
I suggest we avoid getting too distracted by Micky at the minute: in the (admittedly small) number of games we've played with him so far, it seems that this sort of behaviour is the norm. I personally don't think that he's scum that cracks easily, simply because no pressure has been applied or been warranted to cause him to crack: I think that's just the way he is, irritating though it may occasionally be.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I doubt Micky's scum. It's just that, as a new player, he's going to need to be critiqued if he's to learn anything. Coddling or ignoring him won't lead to any manner of enlightenment.
Now, if you think we can 100% pull this off without naming our doc, Ill go for it. However, Im not convinced.
The beauty of the plan is that we can name the doc, because, as I understand it, he's only the doc for tonight anyway. Killing him is no more beneficial for scum than killing anyone else.

I'm for it.

-----

What we need to decide now is who is our cop, and who is our bodyguard. Who do we trust.

Obviously, once we decide, the cop should not declare who they intend to investigate each night, lest that person be killed that night. The investigatee, if innocent, will be the next cop, and if guilty, will be lynched.

posted 10-01-12 02:27 AM CT (US)     50 / 860  
For whatever purpose it serves I'm number 7.

Mass claim: no. We aren't doing a mass claim until we think we can break the game. Until I see a plan to break the game with evidence we can use to substantiate it I'm willfully ignoring calls for mass claim. It is obvious that Dante went to steps to make this ineffective.
No, that plan is scrapped, because a) we're relying on the scum not to lie, and b) we're assuming every town has chem sending abilities, and all scum don't.
Dubious reasoning. 1:1 trades should be encouraged. The premise of mafia is an uninformed majority against an informed minority. If the game were this simple we would do this and win.

Second, I don't see how this relies on every townie having a chemical sending ability. However this would rely on scum not having this ability.
Based on that line of thought, we need to assign a player to be the cop, and to receive chemicals for an investigation. We then also need to assign a player to be a doc, and protect the cop. The only problem here is that we have no way at all to know that we are giving our chemicals to a townsperson
Absolutely not. All this does is paint targets and wastes resources. I don't understand your reasoning for this plan.
I would be willing to peg herr as more-likely-town, simply because no sane scum would claim something different from the majority of town claims coming out of the woodwork.
There's a flaws in this reasoning. It makes four assumptions that we can't prove.

If Herr is scum and has no ability to hand out chemicals, he would not claim a role he can infer exists based on game balance.
If Herr is scum and has the ability to hand out chemicals, he would not claim a role he can infer from the opening post.
If Herr is scum and claims vanilla townie, he would be insane.
No sane scum would claim vanilla townie.

Since it is stated that there are chemical townies, and that this is not an innate feature of the town you can come to the conclusion that there are other townies as well.
The only problem is making sure we have a starting town cop.
FoS: CK, Rot

I'm not amused.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 18  Next Page »
HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » DGoL : Game Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: