Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Diablo 2 Mafia - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 13  Next Page »
posted 10-14-12 04:44 PM CT (US)   

Diablo 2 Mafia

Hello, my friend. Stay awhile and listen...
Long ago, Diablo and his brothers were cast out of Hell by
the Lesser Evils. It seems that Hell's balance has shifted,
as Andariel is now aligned with the Lord of Terror. I have
spent decades trying to understand the forces at work in
this world. But, In the face of all that is transpiring, I
realize how meager my knowledge is. I will be of assistance
where I can, my friend.

Alive
01. SirDante (Marius; Hider Traitor)
11. Plake (Aiden Diablo, the Lord of Terror; Miracle Worker Lich Vigilante Lich)

Dead
02. SodaMister (Sankekur Mephisto, the Lord of Hatred; Lich Roleblocker Lich)
03. Peter Fallon Phaethon180 (The Summoner; Summoner)
04. Herr Heir (Tal Rasha Baal, the Lord of Destruction; Lich Corrupt Politician Lich)
05. Ser Periagil (Sorceress; Mafia Sadist)
06. Eruletho (Duriel, the Lord of Pain; Bodyguard)
07. WeeMicky Alex (Izual, the Fallen; Cop)
08. Maegereg (Tyrael, the Archangel of Justice; Mafia Hitman)
09. WRP (Hephasto, the Armorer; Phylactery)
10. Sassenach (Deckard Cain; Mafia Investigator)
12. CarolKarine (Nihlathak; Miller)

Rules:
  • Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is fine, but if it happens multiple times, you may be mod-killed.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died.
  • This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Do not quote my emails. Paraphrase.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote. Otherwise, I'll ignore your new vote.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon

[This message has been edited by Rotaretilbo (edited 12-10-2012 @ 01:02 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 10-14-12 04:44 PM CT (US)     1 / 634  
    The Wanderer... Yes, it was... the Wanderer. My days at the
    Rogue Citadel seemed so long ago... I sought refuge from my
    memories in the company of other outcasts, high in the
    mountains, past the Eastern gate. Oh, I'd fought sleep for
    days at a time... For when I dreamt, the memories would
    return. Memories of the Monastery, and the Evil which had
    claimed it! Dreams, memories... I couldn't tell the
    difference anymore. Had the Evil from my dreams followed me
    at my heels? How had he found me here? How could this broken
    shell of a man, barely able to carry the weight of his own
    sword, be the Burning Terror which drove me to hide here? He
    seemed to have Demons of his own, that he struggled to
    contain... and he was losing. As I watched... I... became
    convinced that I was truly mad. The Terror, the Destruction,
    the... the Evil I witnessed! How else could I explain them?
    Were these the Demons from my dream, or were they born...
    within the Wanderer? Why did I follow him...? I don't know.
    Why do things happen as they do in dreams? All I know is
    that, when he beckoned... I had to follow him. From that
    moment, we traveled together, East. Always... into the East.

It is Night 0.
    Please email all actions to lollersquirrelz@gmail.com

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    posted 10-15-12 04:36 PM CT (US)     2 / 634  
    Alex will be replacing WeeMicky.

posted 10-15-12 05:54 PM CT (US)     3 / 634  

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    posted 10-16-12 02:24 PM CT (US)     4 / 634  

The night seemed to drag on forever. It was quiet, at first,
    but then a portal was opened and from it stepped Shenk the
    Overseer. The vicious general cracked his whip, distracting a
    few. Undaunted, one continued his hunt, only to find his query
    was nowhere to be found.

Someone tried to kill someone else, but failed.
    Shenk, the Overseer, was summoned.
    It is Day 1.
    There are 12 of you, so it is 7 to lynch.

[This message has been edited by Rotaretilbo (edited 10-16-2012 @ 02:27 PM).]

posted 10-16-12 02:29 PM CT (US)     5 / 634  
    huehuehuehuemorde es #1

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    "Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
    "Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
    posted 10-16-12 02:35 PM CT (US)     6 / 634  
    Alright, so if anyone has any information on the summoning that would be good. I can only speculate that the killer of this game doesn't actually do the killing. He summons "bosses?" to do the killing for him. It also appears as thou the action was successful, (the summon was done) so I doubt it was due to a block on the killer/summoner.

I suggest typical start of survivors/millers coming forward yes?

posted 10-16-12 02:36 PM CT (US)     7 / 634  
    Actually, there was a failed kill, so maybe we also have a killer.

AoMH retired Scenario designer
    Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
    lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
    Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
    posted 10-16-12 02:38 PM CT (US)     8 / 634  
    I am a Miller.

I have no idea about the flavor. To Wikipedia!

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
    Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
    double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
    posted 10-16-12 02:38 PM CT (US)     9 / 634  
    I also went ahead and drew up the wiki as I didn't trust my memory of the game to give me spot on flavor information.

"Shenk the Overseer is a Demon, and an Overseer.
    Shenk the Overseer is found in the Bloody Foothills, very near the stairs up to the Frigid Highlands. He's hard to miss, since he always spawns completely surrounded by Minions, on a raised platform in the center of the level.
    He must be killed to complete the first quest in Act Five.
    Shenk's corpse can not be targeted with Find Item. He's one of very few monsters in the game that is so blessed.
    Shenk the Overseer is named after Phil Shenk, the lead artist on Diablo II, who is reported to be a very nice guy, and not a whip cracking disciplinarian like his namesake.
    Shenk has a unique death event which is basically a bombardment of catapult shots falling around the area near his corpse. This "catapult rain" is harmless to characters but kills all monsters within a full screen radius of Shenk's corpse, which can be useful in certain cases.
    Note: When Shenk spawns with the multiple shots modifier (only applicable in Nightmare and Hell difficulty) and is killed, a programming error causes the catapult rain to load three times at once (prior to patch 1.11). Depending on the player's machine power and/or video mode, this may result in a temporary display overload causing a dramatic reduction in frame-rate (as low as 1 FPS) as well as causing all other objects to disappear for a moment. This is best avoided when retreating a few screens away when the catapult rain begins."

So I the interesting bits of this tell us Rot is not following a numerical value to the summons in question since this guy is the beginning of Act 5. Nothing really note worthy I can offer past that I'm afraid.

posted 10-16-12 02:44 PM CT (US)     10 / 634  
    At first I thought that as well but the flavor of the night past seems to lean towards the killer and the summoner being the same line of action. Let me show you what I'm thinking.
    was nowhere to be found.

The important bits are :
    It was quiet, at first,
    Overseer.
    -Showing the action of Shenk being summoned.
    Undaunted, one continued his hunt, only to find his query
    was nowhere to be found.
    -Oh wow I read that wrong and I'm now going to strike this.

Now rereading it for a third time, I agree with WRP. Our killer and our summoner are not the same person at all. The flavor would lean the other way. Infact pretty certain indeed.
    One continued his hunt
    However I still rule out roleblocks at this point because the query was no where to be found, not that his hunt was impeded. If that makes sense. Basically what I'm getting at is a doubt we need to expose role blockers right now like we normally would with a failed kill. I do not believe it will be fruitful to us.

posted 10-16-12 02:47 PM CT (US)     11 / 634  
    ^

At first I thought that as well but the flavor of the night past seems to lean towards the killer and the summoner being the same line of action. Let me show you what I'm thinking.
    was nowhere to be found.

The important bits are :
    It was quiet, at first,
    Overseer.
    -Showing the action of Shenk being summoned.
    Undaunted, one continued his hunt, only to find his query
    was nowhere to be found.
    -Oh wow I read that wrong and I'm now going to strike this.

Fixed BBCode

Now rereading it for a third time, I agree with WRP. Our killer and our summoner are not the same person at all. The flavor would lean the other way. Infact pretty certain indeed.
    One continued his hunt
    However I still rule out roleblocks at this point because the query was no where to be found, not that his hunt was impeded. If that makes sense. Basically what I'm getting at is a doubt we need to expose role blockers right now like we normally would with a failed kill. I do not believe it will be fruitful to us.

posted 10-16-12 02:48 PM CT (US)     12 / 634  
    01. SirDante
    02. SodaMister
    03. Peter Fallon
    04. Herr Heir
    05. Ser Periagil
    06. Eruletho
    07. Alex
    08. Maegereg
    09. WRP
    10. Sassenach
    11. Plake
    12. CarolKarine - Miller

Also here's a sort of "claims" list. So miller/survivor claims don't get lost in the thread.

posted 10-16-12 02:52 PM CT (US)     13 / 634  
    Not a miller/survivor.

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 10-16-12 02:57 PM CT (US)     14 / 634  
    Yes, it does seem unlikely that the summoner and the killer are the same. I guess it is possible that whoever it was who couldn't find his target isn't actually the killer, but it surely has to be the way to bet.

"Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side ? and ain't that a big enough majority in any town ?" - Huckleberry Finn
    posted 10-16-12 02:58 PM CT (US)     15 / 634  
    The query was no where to be found, hider?

Not a miller/survivor

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    "Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
    "Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
    posted 10-16-12 03:01 PM CT (US)     16 / 634  
    Hider, or jailer?

Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
    posted 10-16-12 03:02 PM CT (US)     17 / 634  
    Not a miller/survivor.

posted 10-16-12 03:02 PM CT (US)     18 / 634  
    Oh wait I have an idea about the summons. The summoner could be a kind of global scum role? The flavor could be interrupted as a kind of limited global role block as it distracted some people last night. Just an idea on the flavor thou, I don't think its reason enough to ask people to claim if they were blocked or not yet. How about pressure on a newer player while we do the miller/survivor? We need a little more information than just the flavor.

Vote Plake

posted 10-16-12 03:05 PM CT (US)     19 / 634  
    Hider, or jailer?
    I was actually thinking the very same thing. I don't think we would want to expose a hider thou, that makes their role useless. However if we ask for a jailer to claim and no jailer claims that would tell the scum they likely shot a hider and we don't want that either. So I think its best we don't ask for a claim from there just yet. It would only give scum a target or make a town role a lot less useful, it couldn't help us to catch scum at this point.

posted 10-16-12 03:07 PM CT (US)     20 / 634  
    Or a jailer could actually claim.

Note that I'm not asking for a claim. That's just a supposition.

posted 10-16-12 03:08 PM CT (US)     21 / 634  
    If the summoner is, perhaps, The Summoner, this person is likely not aligned with Diablo and his brothers. The Summoner was just power-hungry with dark intentions of his own that he hoped to achieve by bending beasts to his will, yet he's not an actual demon.

Of course, this is just going off the word summon, but I'm guessing we're either dealing with a roleblocker or two mafia factions, which isn't likely for a small game.

posted 10-16-12 03:09 PM CT (US)     22 / 634  
    If it is a hider, and scum shot at them, what harm does this do the hider? At worst scum choose someone less likely to be killed in order to double kill the Hider, but the chances of this are unlikely. Clearing the possibility of a jailer seems fine.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    posted 10-16-12 03:12 PM CT (US)     23 / 634  
    If the summoner is, perhaps, The Summoner
    tautology lol

jk

posted 10-16-12 03:14 PM CT (US)     24 / 634  
    Actually, it would have to be more than a role-blocker as he distracted "a few." But could still be a bodyguard or something similar, just not necessarily aligned with Diablo.

Shenk, however, would normally be expected to answer to Diablo/Baal.

posted 10-16-12 03:22 PM CT (US)     25 / 634  
    But what if the summoner is a type of Sk in the game ? Diablo and his brothers would make a pretty good Mafia. As far as I remember in the lore The Summoner was the wizard from Diablo I that fell to evil when the Hero of Diablo I was consumed by the soul of Diablo and then turned into Diablo himself a couple of days later causing all the problems in Tristam (Death, possession and all that.) I don't think The Summoner himself is directly related to Diablo but I could be wrong. However if I remember correctly that would fit flavor of an Sk and Diablo plus brothers being a three man mafia.

That would be 8 v 3 v 1, with the Serial killer not exactly doing kills but effecting the game in a chaos manner.

Then again, Rot did say the game was sized down, so lets say The summoner is working with Diablo and is a kind of replacement for one of the brothers.

So 9 v 3? Diablo, a brother, and The summoner vs the Town.

But this is still on the speculation that The Summoner is responsible for the portal and I can't remember any lore on The Summoner using portals to bring demons. I always thought he used the relics and magic he found under the church in Diablo I to do his dirty work. Could be however, one of those relics turned out to be a portal to Hell. That would give him the power and flavor of running around opening portals and bringing demons to party-town.

^This is all speculation on the flavor of scum that is completely unconfirmed and done more for the sake of passing times and bouncing ideas around to encourage the conversation and post count of the Mafia game. I'm still looking for the ideas on my earlier suggestion to pressure Plake and where we want to go with this game other than just flavor.

posted 10-16-12 03:24 PM CT (US)     26 / 634  
    If it is a hider, and scum shot at them, what harm does this do the hider? At worst scum choose someone less likely to be killed in order to double kill the Hider, but the chances of this are unlikely. Clearing the possibility of a jailer seems fine.
    I'm kind of iffy about asking the hider to claim because then the scum know not to shoot at him ever again. I'd rather leave it to wonder if it was a lucky jailer action.

posted 10-16-12 03:29 PM CT (US)     27 / 634  
    Guys, Diablo in spanish means devil. Is the devil an enemy to us, or is Diablo not the devil? I, for one, am a guy in hell, so I would expect the devil to be like a master or whatnot.

btw, I'm not familiar with the theme, and I hope Rot won't do what he did when I tried to join Death Note Mafia.

posted 10-16-12 03:30 PM CT (US)     28 / 634  
    I'm not gonna ask for either a hider or a jailer to claim, what the hell. (lol hell)

posted 10-16-12 03:31 PM CT (US)     29 / 634  
    Diablo = The devil for certain. He is the major bad guy in all Diablo games. I think you should claim your name if you're in Hell.

posted 10-16-12 03:33 PM CT (US)     30 / 634  
    I don't see anything wrong in it, as it's as random as random pressure.

I'm Hephasto, an angel who then was, like, defeated and corrupted. I am the armorer of hell, and I work at the hellforge.

Whatever that means.

posted 10-16-12 03:33 PM CT (US)     31 / 634  
    If the summoner is in the game wouldn't he be on diablo's team? The warrior was corrupted and turned into diablo. Blood raven aligned with andariel who aligned with diablo.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    posted 10-16-12 03:37 PM CT (US)     32 / 634  
    Izual was the angel that was corrupted, and you kill him to free him in Act 4. Hephaeto is just the keeper of the hellforge. He's a demon.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    posted 10-16-12 03:40 PM CT (US)     33 / 634  
    More on WRP's character.

"When the Serephim who followed the Angel Inarius into battle were made to pay for the destruction of an infernal temple by an outraged Mephisto, many were forced into unholy servitude to the Lord of Hatred. Inarius himself was bound with tremendous chains as the wings were slowly torn from his back. Great barbed hooks were then used to stretch out his once glowing skin and his features were distorted by the vile powers of The Three. Hephasto, one of the weapon smiths of Inarius that was corrupted by Mephisto, rose through the ranks of Hell to become a master armorer for the forces of darkness. While his place at the fires of the Hellforge is coveted amongst jealous Overlords, none dare cross swords with him lest he take the anguish of his lost glory out upon their bloated bodies."

WRP you're sure you're not a miller or anything?

posted 10-16-12 03:41 PM CT (US)     34 / 634  
    That's my flavour.

posted 10-16-12 03:42 PM CT (US)     35 / 634  
    I am not a miller, as far as I know.

posted 10-16-12 03:44 PM CT (US)     36 / 634  
    Are you guys sure you're not hell guys?

posted 10-16-12 03:44 PM CT (US)     37 / 634  
    I'm guessing we have a limited Diablo-based cult and The Summoner as a serial role.

Plus Rot's last Diablo game was heavily cult-based.

posted 10-16-12 03:46 PM CT (US)     38 / 634  
    Well alright then. Possible that characters alignment in the game are not what they are in the Mafia version. We should all remember Dead Space Mafia. Issac was an Sk in that game, vs a whole town of pretend necros. So I'm okay with WRP for right now. We should probably add character names to the claim list as well thou.

01. SirDante
    02. SodaMister
    03. Peter Fallon
    04. Herr Heir
    05. Ser Periagil
    06. Eruletho
    07. Alex
    08. Maegereg
    09. WRP - Hephasto/Corrupt Angel - ???
    10. Sassenach
    11. Plake
    12. CarolKarine - ??? - Miller

posted 10-16-12 03:49 PM CT (US)     39 / 634  
    I've got nothing on the summoning... I am neither a miller, nor a survivor

posted 10-16-12 03:57 PM CT (US)     40 / 634  
    I can say that it appears as not all characters are super Major characters so far. I mean WRP's character you only see once in the whole game, and mine is also not very constant. I could see a lot of minor characters being used here to avoid a mass claim being helpful at all.

posted 10-16-12 04:06 PM CT (US)     41 / 634  
    So, do you want me to claim role or name?

WHYCANTYOUSE
    posted 10-16-12 04:14 PM CT (US)     42 / 634  
    Name is good.

posted 10-16-12 04:16 PM CT (US)     43 / 634  
    Aidan, also, I am not a mller.

WHYCANTYOUSE
    posted 10-16-12 04:27 PM CT (US)     44 / 634  
    Err. You sure? Aidan? The guy that turns into Diablo in Diablo 2. The main cause of death chaos and murder across country sides left in his wake?

"Aidan lived with his father as he grew up. The earliest information we have about him is that he served in his father's army and was under the command of Lachdanan when he led the assault against Westmarch prior to the events of Diablo I. Upon returning to Tristram and seeing his father raised from the dead, his younger brother missing and Lazarus gone, he journeyed into the depths of the labyrinth under the Cathedral.
    As he journeyed deeper and deeper into it he not only found and killed his own father as the Skeleton King, he also killed Lazarus and his own brother who was at the time possessed by Diablo.
    The further down he'd gotten however, the larger Diablo's influence over him had grown. The Lord of Terror recognized what a fine host Aidan would make, and so slowly crept into his mind. Once Diablo was slain, Aidan had become convinced that in order to contain Diablo he had to shove the soulstone into himself, and so Aidan became the Dark Wanderer."

^That Aidan? Because this is Diablo 2 not Diablo 1...which would make you a very very bad man or at least the host of a very very bad man.

posted 10-16-12 04:35 PM CT (US)     45 / 634  
    This reminds me of Bleach Mafia. There was Ichigo Kurosaki and White Ichigo. Ichigo was the host, and White Ichigo would get an extra power if Ichigo's internal will roll was less than White Ichigo's roll... Or something like that, WiCH has been down forever.

(another one of rot's games)

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    posted 10-16-12 04:43 PM CT (US)     46 / 634  
    Yep, I'm sure I am Aidan.

WHYCANTYOUSE
    posted 10-16-12 04:46 PM CT (US)     47 / 634  
    That's an idea. That would make Plake pretty important to keep alive thou. I have the feeling his death would be bad for us.

posted 10-16-12 04:47 PM CT (US)     48 / 634  
    The thing is though I'm pretty sure White Ichigo was also an elite bodyguard and would die if Ichigo died. Of course assuming Plake is who he says he is I am doubtful the mechanics would be the same.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    posted 10-16-12 08:28 PM CT (US)     49 / 634  
    I would normally question the alliance of Hephasto, but there seem to be a lot of ambiguous roles here - Hephasto, the Wanderer, a miller. However, that also brings up a question about chronology. Aidan is all but gone by Diablo II and Diablo uses his body as a vessel throughout the game. If there's anything left of the Wanderer's humanity, it is very, very repressed. And according to the Wiki, Aidan's efforts to contain Diablo were noble but in vain.

I'd also say it's unlikely that whatever summoned Shenk is a SK as the creature distracted multiple people but didn't seem to have any more malevolent intentions.

posted 10-16-12 09:38 PM CT (US)     50 / 634  
    As in the last game, I would expect many characters to either already be susceptible to conversion by the Diablo-based cult, or become susceptible eventually. I think we should keep name-claiming to a minimum, this might provide hints for Diablo as to who is susceptible to conversion and who is not.

I don't think that comparing this game to Dead Space mafia is the way to go, comparison to the earlier Diablo game would be more relevant.

Has anyone here actually played Diablo 2?

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 13  Next Page »
    HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Diablo 2 Mafia - Game Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    HeavenGames