loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Hamlet: As Told by Dante - Gamethread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 11-21-12 08:42 PM CT (US)   

Current game status
Day 2!

Meanwhile in Denmark...

Welcome, Horatio, welcome good Marcellus.

What, has this thing appear'd again to-night?

I have seen nothing.

Horatio says 'tis but our fantasy,
and will not let belief take hold of him
touching this dreaded sight, twice seen of us:
therefore I have entreated him along
with us to watch the minutes of this night;
That if again this apparition come,
He may approve our eyes and speak to it.

Tush, tush, 'twill not appear!

Sit down awhile;
and let us once again assail your ears.
That are so forified against our story
What we have two nights seen...

This setup will also comply with normal mafia game rules; so there will be no random mechanics, no conditions unknown to everyone, no Jesters, no post restrictions, etc. Flavor will be present in the game as I narrate the story of Hamlet.

Rules
1. Any questions or emails about your role should be directed to sirdantehost@hotmail.com.
2. Votes should be in the format Vote: NameOfPlayer, although small deviations in the formatting and spelling don’t matter. Players are requested to unvote as a courtesy, but it is not required in order to change your vote. However its more likely I might make a mistake, so for your own sake its nice of you to do so.
3. No quoting role emails. Paraphrase, and paraphrase properly.
4. No discussing the game outside this thread unless your role email specifically allows it.
5. No strategising in the thread during the Night.
6. No posting once you are dead while the game is on-going. DO NOT reveal any new information. I will punish your team and you will forfeit your faction win instantly.
7. No editing posts. Posting multiple times in a row is fine.
8. Broadly speaking, stay within the spirit of the game. I have discretion over the enforcement of this rule, but really, no one should fall foul of it unless they’re being silly. You know what the basic mafia rules are.

Players

01. Maegereg
02. Plake
03. MysteriousGreen
04. Rotaretilbo
05. Mozzarella Man
06. Herr Heir
07. lordofglory
08. Newt_Gunray
09. CarolKarine
10. Eruletho
11. Pulse_of_Shift
12. WRP - Town Mason

Replacements
Phaethon180

[This message has been edited by SirDante (edited 12-05-2012 @ 09:18 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-21-12 08:47 PM CT (US)     1 / 197  
Confirmed!

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante

[This message has been edited by Herr Heir (edited 11-21-2012 @ 08:52 PM).]

posted 11-21-12 09:18 PM CT (US)     2 / 197  
Confirmed

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 11-21-12 10:53 PM CT (US)     3 / 197  
Eingeschworen

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
posted 11-21-12 11:03 PM CT (US)     4 / 197  
Confirmed

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
posted 11-22-12 09:06 AM CT (US)     5 / 197  
To be or not to be, that is the answer.

2gud.

"Quoting yourself is stupid"-Lordofglory
"FPS never have lores, I'm sorry."-Joshua Thacker
"Daybreak? I'd rather we be done with you here and now."-Rotaretilbo
posted 11-22-12 03:52 PM CT (US)     6 / 197  
Gyfnerthedig.

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
"His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
"And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
"Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy
posted 11-22-12 04:14 PM CT (US)     7 / 197  
confirmed

posted 11-22-12 04:33 PM CT (US)     8 / 197  
Confirmed.

WHYCANTYOUSE
posted 11-22-12 04:55 PM CT (US)     9 / 197  
Why so dead, every Hamlet character?

AoMH retired Scenario designer
Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 11-22-12 05:43 PM CT (US)     10 / 197  
I will be away tomorrow.

Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 11-22-12 07:51 PM CT (US)     11 / 197  
Je ne suis pas confirmé

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman

[This message has been edited by Mozzarella Man (edited 11-22-2012 @ 11:40 PM).]

posted 11-22-12 08:42 PM CT (US)     12 / 197  
The paradox is killing me.

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 11-22-12 11:39 PM CT (US)     13 / 197  
That wasn't a confirmation. It means "I am not confirmed". I haven't received an email yet.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman

[This message has been edited by Mozzarella Man (edited 11-22-2012 @ 11:40 PM).]

posted 11-22-12 11:40 PM CT (US)     14 / 197  
Which is why it was a paradox. A confirmation that literally means that you're not confirmed.

posted 11-22-12 11:42 PM CT (US)     15 / 197  
But my name is bold which is why I posted my last reply. It wasn't a response to you.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 11-22-12 11:47 PM CT (US)     16 / 197  
Oh ok I thought that was just a clever way of confirming. Just noticed that you haven't gotten the email yet.

posted 11-23-12 00:52 AM CT (US)     17 / 197  
Mozzy, please email me at sirdantehost@hotmail.com so that I may counter send you, your roleemail.

posted 11-23-12 00:53 AM CT (US)     18 / 197  
In the future, it might be more appropriate to state you didn't get your role email in English, rather than in a language that Dante doesn't understand, to avoid undue confusion.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
posted 11-23-12 11:34 AM CT (US)     19 / 197  
Confirmed

Rick: POS is literally the best poster.
Lunatic: POS, you are awesome, can I marry you?
posted 11-23-12 02:33 PM CT (US)     20 / 197  
In the future, it might be more appropriate to state you didn't get your role email in English, rather than in a language that Dante doesn't understand, to avoid undue confusion.
It was different from confirmé. Figured it would be enough.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 11-23-12 09:18 PM CT (US)     21 / 197  
Confirmé

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 11-23-12 09:24 PM CT (US)     22 / 197  
It is now Night 0 send in your night actions to sirdantehost@hotmail.com

posted 11-26-12 11:21 PM CT (US)     23 / 197  
Plox send night actions within 24 hours or Im saying you aren't sending them.

posted 11-28-12 09:52 PM CT (US)     24 / 197  
O, what a noble mind is here o'erthrown!
The courtier's, scholar's, soldier's, eye, tongue, sword,
Th' expectancy and rose of the fair state,
The glass of fashion and the mould of form,
Th' observ'd of all observers- quite, quite down!
And I, of ladies most deject and wretched,
That suck'd the honey of his music vows,
Now see that noble and most sovereign reason,
Like sweet bells jangled, out of tune and harsh;
That unmatch'd form and feature of blown youth
Blasted with ecstasy. O, woe is me
T' have seen what I have seen, see what I see!

Ophelia has been slain in her bedchambers!

WRP playing Ophelia (A Town Mason) has been killed in the night. He was town and won with town.

There are currently 11 Alive, so it is 6 to lynch!

posted 11-28-12 10:58 PM CT (US)     25 / 197  

Ophelia was my mason.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 11-29-12 12:24 PM CT (US)     26 / 197  
I am pleased to see I'm considered a viable night 0 kill.

But Ophelia was never slain, she drowned herself! D:

posted 11-29-12 12:59 PM CT (US)     27 / 197  
I'm guessing you're Laertes then, Mozzy?

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
"His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
"And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
"Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy
posted 11-29-12 01:14 PM CT (US)     28 / 197  
As told by Dante, WRP.

posted 11-29-12 04:07 PM CT (US)     29 / 197  
Yeah, well, Dante lived before Shakespeare

Good luck.

posted 11-29-12 06:20 PM CT (US)     30 / 197  
I am old.

posted 11-29-12 08:16 PM CT (US)     31 / 197  
Any info on the night?

posted 11-29-12 09:11 PM CT (US)     32 / 197  
I am, oddly, not Laertes.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 11-29-12 10:26 PM CT (US)     33 / 197  
I don't have anything from the night.

posted 11-30-12 04:30 PM CT (US)     34 / 197  
Nor do I.

Rick: POS is literally the best poster.
Lunatic: POS, you are awesome, can I marry you?
posted 11-30-12 05:15 PM CT (US)     35 / 197  
no info.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 11-30-12 09:13 PM CT (US)     36 / 197  
Vote: Rot.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 11-30-12 09:13 PM CT (US)     37 / 197  
in bold

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 11-30-12 09:36 PM CT (US)     38 / 197  
Alas, I find myself voted for.

posted 11-30-12 11:36 PM CT (US)     39 / 197  
Yeah. I really don't care. Actually

Unvote

I was using bad logic. If anything Rot is the least suspicious person here. Never mind, please.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 11-30-12 11:36 PM CT (US)     40 / 197  
Or, rather, I was using good logic but forgot something.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 12-01-12 00:30 AM CT (US)     41 / 197  
Well that isn't helpful.

Vote: PoS

Lets get something going.

posted 12-01-12 05:47 PM CT (US)     42 / 197  
Well, this is dead, I wanted to wait for something to get going but since nothing is happening...
I am a Noble Cop, I investigated Rot last night he turned out scum.

Vote:Rot

Could we get a vote count please?

WHYCANTYOUSE
posted 12-01-12 06:05 PM CT (US)     43 / 197  
Welp looks like I was right for all the wrong reasons

Vote: Rot

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 12-01-12 07:08 PM CT (US)     44 / 197  
follow the cop...
Vote: Rot

Mozzy, why did you suspect Rot?

posted 12-01-12 07:13 PM CT (US)     45 / 197  
I confused one game with another. I have zero reason to suspect Rot outside of our claimed cop's results.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 12-01-12 07:44 PM CT (US)     46 / 197  
Well that was certainly poorly done, Plake. You could have just suggested a random pressure on me. No need to out yourself as a cop right out. At the very least, you could have just said you had "something" on me, rather than naming the type of investigation. Were I scum, it would be quite easy to claim a Miller or a Survivor now, especially since it's early enough that no call has been made for Millers or Survivors.

Lucky for you and unlucky for me, I'm town, and neither a Miller nor a Survivor. I've no idea why you have a guilty on me. Since there are already a handful of votes on me, I see no reason not to claim.

I'm Gertrude. I'm Iron. I have no night actions or other passive abilities aside from being Iron.

I'll be honest in saying that I haven't the slightest idea who will be town and who will be scum in this game. Both Ophelia and myself are neutral in the grand scheme of the play. I may be married to the primary antagonist, but the primary protagonist is my son, and in the context of this game, I've no idea which, if either, is town.

posted 12-01-12 07:53 PM CT (US)     47 / 197  
I've read Hamlet. Gertrude wasn't exactly a good woman. Just because you're son is a good guy doesn't mean you're exactly fantastic. I hate to use this kind of reasoning (flavor-based, that is) but I can't imagine why Gertrude would be iron.

My vote stands. We have no reason to distrust our claimed cop and everything about Rot's claim rubs me the wrong way.

Gertrude isn't wholly evil but she's not good. She would at best be a survivor or a miller, something Rot has claimed not to be. An iron claim would explain why Rot won't be dying at night despite being a main role and a popular night-target. And Rot doesn't throw out the obvious defense: that Plake is either paranoid or insane.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 12-01-12 07:54 PM CT (US)     48 / 197  
[continued from above]

because Rot knows it's easy to test by lynching him (Rot)

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 12-02-12 01:17 AM CT (US)     49 / 197  
Just because you're son is a good guy
Wouldn't do this to anyone except Mozzy because I know he will be annoyed with himself about this.

Anyways, Rot seems doubtful.

Noble Cop? Is that your designation or are you actually noble Plake? If it is the latter there's no harm in checking that out before we decide if we want to lynch Rot or not. Vote for me if this is the case please.

posted 12-02-12 01:18 AM CT (US)     50 / 197  
Your Wright. I am.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Hamlet: As Told by Dante - Gamethread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
HeavenGames