Please login or register

Gaming Discussions
Moderated by Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Guild Wars
posted 06-15-05 04:05 AM CT (US)   
Guild Wars is a MMORPG that, besides what you pay for the CD's, is free.

I've been playing it for a short while now, and I'm happy to say that it lives up to all that I've heard about it. It has excellent graphics that my computer can run lag-free, as well as some good spell effects. You don't share the main world (with the monsters and other nasty things) with everyone else - the game makes one specially for you and your party members. Lastly, once you get enough money, you can form a guild, or group, of members who work together and stuff to get Xp/items. You can also participate in tournemants, I've seen.

If you don't have this game, get it. It's worth it from what I've seen. And if you do have it, we need to get in touch and form a guild or something.

Riverdancing!
Hmmmm...
Screens don't capture the combat element too well...

Does anyone else have this game? What is you name, online, then?

Mine is in my sig.

Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Replies:
posted 06-15-05 05:06 AM CT (US)     1 / 23  
There was a fairly long thread about Guild Wars in this forum a couple of weeks ago http://www.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=7,323363,,20
posted 06-15-05 05:14 AM CT (US)     2 / 23  
Well, I did a search, and it never came up. Possibly because the person didn't put a space inetween Guild and Wars? Anyways, new discussion. Maybe we can set up and HG guild. It would, of course, have to be named the Knights of the Round Table.

Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

[This message has been edited by snooozer (edited 06-15-2005 @ 05:16 AM).]

posted 06-15-05 05:16 AM CT (US)     3 / 23  
When I search, I only use single keywords, which in this case would be Guild.
posted 06-15-05 05:17 AM CT (US)     4 / 23  
Well I didn't....
Now let's keep this on topic, then.

posted 06-15-05 05:36 AM CT (US)     5 / 23  
I have a lvl 15 Ne/Mo.
posted 06-15-05 12:16 PM CT (US)     6 / 23  
I'll be getting Guild Wars soon (maybe) and the Guild sounds like a good idea.

I've got a gun in my hand but that gun won't cock, my finger's on the trigger but that trigger seems locked and I can't stop staring at the tick-tock clock, and even if I could I would never give up. With a vest on my chest and a bullet in my lung, I can't believe I'm dying with my song unsung. So if and when I die won't you bury me alone, because I'll never get to heaven if I'm singing this song. STREETLIGHT MANIFESTO
posted 06-15-05 04:41 PM CT (US)     7 / 23  
My stongest character is a LvL 15 E/Mo (Echuu Ishtar). I just started a new character, which is now a LvL 9 N/Me (Zelda Nycrim). I have a LvL 13 Me/R (Link Xitar) and LvL 10 W/Mo (Maximus Kaiba) that I play around with sometimes too.

[This message has been edited by Echuu (edited 06-15-2005 @ 04:42 PM).]

posted 06-15-05 07:24 PM CT (US)     8 / 23  
I have a lvl 12 R/E named Keri Moon, in the FPH Guild (naturally).

SEXITUP.
Former Leader of the FPH Clan
Acting-President of AoMH
posted 06-15-05 08:25 PM CT (US)     9 / 23  
Flaminsky Phlegm lvl 20 R/MO trapper with 15 wilderness, 11 expertise, and 11 marksmanship. I beat the game with this character about a month ago. This character is usually used to farm items and fight in Underworld or Fissure. I usually PvP on a monk whom i constantly delete and recreate.

EDIT: I'm already in a nice guild and even set up some forums. www.dragonfood.tk or http://s10.invisionfree.com/DragonFood_Guild

i need new signature quotes

[This message has been edited by Flaminsky (edited 06-15-2005 @ 11:49 PM).]

posted 06-17-05 07:48 AM CT (US)     10 / 23  
I've made a guild. The Heavengames Knights. Unfortunately, Knights of the Round Table was taken (unsurprisingly) but if you want to join (we have capes! ) just PM me in-game. Shortening is HGK, so keep a lookout.

posted 07-12-05 10:03 AM CT (US)     11 / 23  
I have Guild Wars as of today Snook, how the hell do I join HGK? How the hell do I do anything for that matter?

I've got a gun in my hand but that gun won't cock, my finger's on the trigger but that trigger seems locked and I can't stop staring at the tick-tock clock, and even if I could I would never give up. With a vest on my chest and a bullet in my lung, I can't believe I'm dying with my song unsung. So if and when I die won't you bury me alone, because I'll never get to heaven if I'm singing this song. STREETLIGHT MANIFESTO
posted 07-12-05 02:34 PM CT (US)     12 / 23  
Guld Wars sounds interesting; unfortunately my connection couldn't handle it. Just like my connection can't handle just about any game (it just barely runs Dominions II, a low graphics TBS).

I can't even get 5kbps most days. And I live in such a rural area that I can't even get DSL.

[This message has been edited by SqueekyDragon (edited 07-12-2005 @ 02:35 PM).]

posted 07-12-05 09:12 PM CT (US)     13 / 23  
I can't get enough of this game. I've playing on my Lv20 E/Mo, mostly just farming in the Underworld and Fissure to get some decent items and selling them. Right now I'm working on obtaining the Fissure Armor and dying it all black.

Anyone who wants to donate some Globs of Ectoplasm or Obsidian Shards will have my blessings.

posted 07-12-05 09:35 PM CT (US)     14 / 23  
I haven't played guildwars in months, I got to lvl 14 with a ranger/mesmer and got bored as hell. thinking I might start again with a necro...

Check out my blog!
www.masarius.com
posted 07-12-05 10:31 PM CT (US)     15 / 23  
I have added this game to my shopping list. Soon we will form some kind of HG Guild or something.

"ALL POWER TO THE SOVIET" - Natalina
"GROW THE HELL UP, OD!" - Izzy
"ISNT THE RIGHT TO EMULATE POWERUPS FROM SUPER MARIO PROTECTED BY THE AMERICAN CONSTITUTION???" - legion
posted 07-13-05 07:56 AM CT (US)     16 / 23  
There already is one, Snook formed it.

posted 07-16-05 07:11 AM CT (US)     17 / 23  
Is Guild Wars any better/different than World of Warcraft? (Except you dont have to pay a fee.) Is Guild Wars like WoW? In WoW you have too level up a char, do quests to earn magical items, money and spells ect, is this also the case in GW?

Dont be an Onager, use one instead.

"The Pope? How many divisions does he have?"- Joseph Stalin

posted 07-18-05 12:36 PM CT (US)     18 / 23  
It's a lot similar, except that in GW, the level cap is 20. Many people don't even try the game when they hear about this, but it really is a great feature of the game. Since you reach 20 rather quickly, everybody will be even when they do the major PvP battles in the end. The only factors seperating the players is their skill in the game, and taking the time to find and put together the right skills and spells for their character.

And yes, doing quests gives you XP, and often times either a new skill or a quest item, much like WoW. I prefer GW ten times over WoW, but that's just me.

posted 07-18-05 08:07 PM CT (US)     19 / 23  
Meh, I'm playing Diablo 2 Exp. and waiting for Blizzard to make D3. (I hope)

This is a family forum -- I doubt GillB would approve of me saying such things as "thrust deeply while rubbing hands passionately". -Obese
posted 07-18-05 10:04 PM CT (US)     20 / 23  

Quote:

And yes, doing quests gives you XP, and often times either a new skill or a quest item, much like WoW. I prefer GW ten times over WoW, but that's just me.

Agreed man. I tried WoW for almost a month and couldn't bring myself to liking it. GW on the other side, I instantly loved.

I tried it on a friend's account, now I'm gonna buy it because it was so freaken awesome.

posted 07-19-05 06:44 AM CT (US)     21 / 23  
And it gets better when you reach PvP. Plus, the game is patched often, and new content is added periodically. Teehee!
posted 07-29-05 11:37 PM CT (US)     22 / 23  
I thnk they'll increase the cap with the next chapter.

You should join my guid, dudes, we'll flailing on active members but we're doing good. I'm off to play right now, so...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
posted 08-01-05 06:37 AM CT (US)     23 / 23  
I want this game alot!

Aequeosalinocalcalinoceraceoaluminosocupreovitriolic is the anwser, next problem
HeavenGames » Forums » Gaming Discussions » Guild Wars
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
HeavenGames