Download File Post Review Post Comment

Wetlands

Author File Description
Nightwolf
File Details
Difficulty: Beginner
Number of episodes: 6
Minimap:
The new Atlantean lands... plenty of food from the sea and nothing else. Some allies, some enemies - the only way that you're going to survive out here is if you worship the Lord of the Seas.

6 episodes, Challenging.

part #13 of my 'Dedication II' series
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Brising I am halfway through this one (about to found second colony), and I am having trading problems.

If I conquer Orchomenos, I can't trade with them. I can set up a trading post, but no trader will come to buy or sell. This makes it VERY hard to maintain the needed population for the goals, since you are dependent on trade in the early game. I keep really needing that fleece!

Now, if I end an episode having conquered Orchomenos, when the next one starts, the trading post will work, until Orchomenos rebels. Then when I re-conquer, it won't work again. Tiryns does the same thing, I can't get orichalc after I re-conquer them, the pier does not work

I finally let them stay rivals, and I keep having to raid them every 6 months to get the supplies I need! :)
Nightwolf
File Author
This isn't a bug in the program or the adventure - it's simply a matter of patience.
It can sometimes take up to three years for a conquered city to start trading with you. One way to speed up this process a bit is by raising their feelings towards you with a large gift of something they need (or a huge chunk of money); the best time to do this is as soon as you've conquered them.
The thing to remember is that trade depends on goodwill as much as anything else - if they don't like you, they won't trade.
Brising I still think something is up, I got them to be "Dedicated" and they still would not trade with me.

After 10-12 years of constantly plying them with gifts, and being Dedicated to me, they finally traded, but wow, I never had that problem before, it never took quite so long.

I just wanted my fleece! :-)

Nice adventures, keep 'em comin'.
Teferi I seem to be stuck in second main city mission: I need sculptures to get wine from Dionysus and likely need wine to get Odysseus and get sculptures. And Mt. Pelion mysteriously stopped selling wine

[Edited on 08/17/16 @ 10:35 AM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:1,298
Favorites: [Who?]2
Size:484.49 KB