loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL 155 - Creek of Aberil(CAPT) - Galdur vs Rorschach
posted 09-03-03 08:07 AM EDT (US)   
WL CAPT Galdur vs Rorschach
Undead: Rorschach: sigsog at hotmail dot com
Archons: Galdur: hbi01mbu at syd dot kth.se

Houserules

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
Replies:
posted 09-05-03 06:07 PM EDT (US)     1 / 31  
Gryning day 21

Tomorrow the skies will open and rain blood. I only hope it not will be my blodd. The game has had a status quo now. But tomorrow the balance will tip over to my or Rorschach side.

TS

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
posted 09-08-03 05:06 AM EDT (US)     2 / 31  
So, you got a cool new name eh?
posted 09-08-03 08:55 AM EDT (US)     3 / 31  
You are right about that tipping of balance. I gave up the northern front easily, now let's see what you do in the south..

Some tricks are to be expected.

posted 09-08-03 02:21 PM EDT (US)     4 / 31  
Gryning day 22

Since Rorsch razed Astori before my attacking army I rule the west . I should have attacked earlier, but noone is perfect . We´ll see how my elves feel tomorrow. Maybe Rorsch is ruling the east by then.

TS

posted 09-09-03 05:51 AM EDT (US)     5 / 31  
The east has fallen. I had expected high casualties, but the failure of your cheeky preemptive strike made the job easy for the warlords and my Incarnate possessing a water elemental (held just out of your visual range I believe). He managed to grab a druid in the process who will be quite useful to the cause
Did you track the incarnate or was it a surprise? If you had, I suspect you would have razed the city as I did.

Now the elven fortress is held by strong forces, without sacrificing my home defence. Your army of paladins are quite welcome

[This message has been edited by Rorschach (edited 09-09-2003 @ 05:55 AM).]

posted 09-10-03 09:06 AM EDT (US)     6 / 31  
Gryning day 23

I was thinking about razing the town, but I thought I could make your army some harm Wich was a mistake

TS

posted 09-16-03 06:54 AM EDT (US)     7 / 31  
day 23

Now I will tighten the screws on you. Some surprises are also planned

posted 09-16-03 11:41 AM EDT (US)     8 / 31  
Gryning day 24

Captured some of Rorschachs resourses

TS

posted 09-16-03 01:58 PM EDT (US)     9 / 31  
The paladins ended up where I expected them, and I crushed them with overwhelming forces. I lost a goblin and the Druid, but gained a paladin. Archon morale should be at an all time low.
And I have spotted your hero and Valkyrie...

The scales have definately tipped over in my favour again, after you seemed to even out the score a few turns ago. From now on in I will be careful not to make mistakes like last time (Although I did my first mistake immediately after winning the fight against you today... )

[This message has been edited by Rorschach (edited 09-16-2003 @ 02:00 PM).]

posted 09-17-03 11:35 AM EDT (US)     10 / 31  
Gryning day 25

Quote:

Now I will tighten the screws on you. Some surprises are also planned

Nice trap I really wanted to step into it You are full of surprises

TS

posted 09-18-03 05:45 AM EDT (US)     11 / 31  
day 25

Hmm, I sense a bit of sarcasm in your last post...

The race to exploit my recent victories is delayed by some bad moves, as usual. But all in all things are looking good, and the surprises are still not revealed. They should be in a few turns though...

posted 09-18-03 03:08 PM EDT (US)     12 / 31  
Gryning day 26

Well , you are trying to make it hard for me to see what you are doing in the east. Is that a part of the surprise

TS

posted 09-18-03 04:33 PM EDT (US)     13 / 31  
day 26

My forces are moving with great haste... too bad they are all very slow
Your resurrected hero is beginning to look like a challenge. But she'll need a bit more muscle before going up against any orcs... or incarnates

My crystal ball tells me my trickery will be spotted in two days. And three.

posted 09-19-03 05:07 AM EDT (US)     14 / 31  
Gryning day 27

I offer you two archers this turn I was to quick on the trigger this turn again. Didin´t see your assassin

TS

posted 09-19-03 12:12 PM EDT (US)     15 / 31  
day 27

Your offering is accepted, and their blood makes a great feast for my vampire.
I see that I was lucky that I killed your Druid, despite the odds. That Abomination didn't do very well, when your druid had entangled my warlord. The only thing he succeded in was getting entangled instead of the warlord in turn 4. So then the warlord slipped out of entanglement and could kill your druid

One surprise was sprung today, let me know if you caught it..

And I'm advancing on both fronts, unopposed. I'm coming closer in the underground as well, so make that three fronts.

posted 09-19-03 06:55 PM EDT (US)     16 / 31  
Gryning day 28

The greatest mistake I made in this game was to not use my paladins as a shield for a pioneer to rebuild Astori Well, i´m happy now that you did it

TS

posted 09-20-03 07:35 AM EDT (US)     17 / 31  
day 28

Hmm, no sign of the enemy, and I'm right at the doorsteps. Is this the final hour, the last stand? Will the forces of good have mustered enough forces in defence to counter my coming attacks?

Nice move with the holy woods - man, movement is slow through them. They were roads but now they are woods with holy damage... crap.

[This message has been edited by Rorschach (edited 09-20-2003 @ 07:35 AM).]

posted 09-21-03 01:04 PM EDT (US)     18 / 31  
Gryning day 29

I reduced the number of Rorschachs henchmans today

TS

posted 09-21-03 01:50 PM EDT (US)     19 / 31  
Day 29

Substaining heavy damage through the woods, but kicked some ***. The Archon hero was killed at a high price. But since I can afford it and G can't, I'm happy. And a Valkyrie was cut down by an unholy champion warlord.

The good thing for me now is you have to choose between resurrecting your hero or casting more holy woods.

An annoying Valkyrie and a weak Charioteer are all that stand between me and Grynings scalp. And some holy woods of course

posted 09-21-03 04:57 PM EDT (US)     20 / 31  
Gryning day 30

With no room to make mistakes I did one toady. One could hope that the probability of yet another mistake would be low when you look at all the mistakes I´ve done in this scenario, but probability dosen´t make one great

TS

posted 09-22-03 08:06 AM EDT (US)     21 / 31  
As Galdur proclaims he has done a mistake, I frantically search for it... and fail When you do mistakes, please be more clear as to where and what they are

My warlord was obviously no match for your "weak" charioteer. So I have to bring up the rear. In the north, my troops march on, knowing very well that holy woods could sprout around them any day. So I have to make sure you are occupied in more than one place.. preferably three or more...

posted 09-22-03 02:09 PM EDT (US)     22 / 31  
Gryning day 31

I found charioteers not to be very reliable. They are suppose to win against an orc heavy cavalry Or could it be that it was an assassin there, and I was to fast on the trigger again. Do I ever learn

TS

[This message has been edited by Galdur (edited 09-22-2003 @ 02:11 PM).]

posted 09-22-03 04:27 PM EDT (US)     23 / 31  
The orc won because I had spellcasting and you didn't.. That's the price you pay for casting holy woods all the time.

My heroes slug it out of the newly sprouted holy woods in the north. But the old holy woods just behind them are gone. Seems my reinforcements will be free to advance

The annoying Valkyrie will be annoying for a long time, but she doesn't make much difference Unless you are willing to gamble at high odds.

Industrial might is at full capacity now... new armies are swarming forth both in the east and underground. Your precious gold mines are soon on my hands, while I see you are limited to building cannons and Avengers. No charioteers or valkyries from your home town can stem the coming tide. You could maybe make a difference with a resurrected hero, but she seems to be low on priority compared to holy woods

posted 09-23-03 09:28 AM EDT (US)     24 / 31  
Gryning day 32

I made an option for the warmachine today. You now have three targets :P

TS

posted 09-23-03 10:15 AM EDT (US)     25 / 31  
day 32

Three not very tempting targets, seeing I have to wade through these woods to get to them...

But things are under control, and I can take the time needed to overcome Avengers+holy woods. That means brute force on the other front.

posted 09-24-03 02:12 AM EDT (US)     26 / 31  
Gryning day 33

Took a chance and ... lost

TS

posted 09-24-03 11:50 AM EDT (US)     27 / 31  
day 33

Well, you can count yourself unlucky. I thought that Spectre was lost.. I even dropped enchanting it, thinking you would trample on it.
But the spectre managed to hit, and curse your Valkyrie before she was struck by holy strike herself. Against the odds.

You are welcome to surrender any turn now.. You have fought well, and there is no point in dying for a lost cause.

posted 09-25-03 02:17 AM EDT (US)     28 / 31  
Gryning day 34

I was beginning to think in those terms too. Now, with my mines gone I have no room for any offensive strategy. My only option is to sit and wait for the destruction of the beautyful creek.

I have learnt a lot here in the creek. I would have liked to create a titan, but should have focused more on the free resourses then.

With your cunning traps and cool strategy I think you have played very skillfull. I got the feeling you always was one step ahead of me.

So, this is a surrender

posted 09-25-03 07:05 AM EDT (US)     29 / 31  
I play my games mostly for fun - not to win. When the opportunity to win arises I grab it of course, but rushing or hero building is not my style. So I lose a lot of games to players who are more competitive.

There was a good amount of back-and-forth with some battles that ended more or less predictively You must have been hard tried of patience when your 60-40 battles kept ending up in your loss. Or when I attack with 60-40 and come out without losses...

Building an incarnate is not a well used strategy, and that is understandable. With the archons avengers having willpower and add the holy champion spell, there is not much room for maneuvering that type of unit. He did come as a surprise though, which was more the goal than the means

Animate ruin is another useful element when playing death, that way I can be more willing to raze my own cities when they are threatened.

But holy woods - man! how annoying. I should have countered with unholy woods early, just to cast them where you cast holy first... but I had other plans. None of them came to life soon enough though...

Thanx for the game, I enjoyed posting turns also. Good turn posting always adds spice to the game.

[This message has been edited by Rorschach (edited 09-25-2003 @ 07:09 AM).]

posted 09-25-03 10:54 AM EDT (US)     30 / 31  
With all the things I learned about this map I´m tempted to play it again, because I feel "I know how to do it".

The champions guild and masters guild in every town gives you several options, which make the map more fun to play then maps with more limited choises.

I like to say its a fairly balanced map. What do you say about that Rorsch?

The reason that I regret not creating a titan was that I imagened that he could make me win these 60/40 battles I always lost. But I´m imagening so many things now when I have begun taking more heavier drugs Did I say to much again

[This message has been edited by Galdur (edited 09-25-2003 @ 11:01 AM).]

posted 09-25-03 11:38 AM EDT (US)     31 / 31  
If you propose playing it again, I'm with you. Do you want to switch sides or do better with the light side? Any will do for me, but I must admit I have played this map quite a lot. So I had an advantage right from the start.

A titan has a nice quality in deciding those 60-40 battles - yes. He costs a lot though, and can still be killed by warlords if you are a bit unlucky.

Quote:

But I´m imagening so many things now when I have begun taking more heavier drugs Did I say to much again

Okeeey, whatever?

[This message has been edited by Rorschach (edited 09-25-2003 @ 11:39 AM).]

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL 155 - Creek of Aberil(CAPT) - Galdur vs Rorschach
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames