Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Mods
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Mods » 5thLegacy Mod v1.84

Download File Post Review Post Comment

5thLegacy Mod v1.84

Author File Description
The_Patriarck 5thLegacy is a large expansion to Age of Empires: the Rise of Rome. The mod currently adds 37 new civilizations, several new trainable units, a handful of technologies, 6 new building graphic sets, improves the difficulty of the computer players, adds walkable farms, and much more. 5thLegacy also tweaks the balance of the game to introduce new tactics and further the strategic depth of the game, without taking too much away from the concept of Age of Empires.

To install: Download the 5thLegacy Main zip file, and move the 5thLegacy mod folders into your "/Age Of Empires/Mods" folder, then load it in UPatch's mod manager.

This mod REQUIRES UPatch HD, which makes the Mods folder.
You can find it here - https://upatch-hd.weebly.com/download.html

For information on Civilizations, check the Tech Tree Primitives.txt file or the Civilization Cards in the "/Age Of Empires/Mods/5thLegacy/5thLegacy Extras" folder.

Feedback is much appreciated.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
The_Patriarck
File Author
Remove any old versions before updating.
If you've made any scenarios or progressed in the campaigns, you can back up your files before updating (game.nfo in the "campaign" folder tracks your campaign progress and can be moved to newer versions)

You can keep up with 5thLegacy on the Discord server https://discord.gg/pTb4WeH or at https://www.moddb.com/mods/5thlegacy-aoe1-mod

Version 1.84 is now available (May 14th, 2023).

To save on space, the AVI files for the Expanded version campaigns will be uploaded separately as a Miscellaneous File. https://aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=2867

If Explorers get glitched, just tell them to target a house and they should start walking again.
Note: Explorers need to target a house before they start wandering.

Version 1.9 is being developed and will be available in a couple of months; I'll let you know when a release date is set.
The new update will be including new civs: Armenia, Yuezhi, Lydia, and maybe a couple more (to be decided).
New units are on the way: the Improved Slinger and new Skirmisher unit-line (4 units in total).
New technologies are also being planned with one new tech confirmed so far.
Unit and civ balance are also getting attention to bring the balancing to its best point.
The AI files/strategies are being overhauled as well and will have more variety.
Version 1.9 will also be separating the Expanded and "Classic" versions, so the Expanded version will no longer be available here; you will still be able to download it on Mod Db though.

[Edited on 03/04/24 @ 09:52 PM]

Sudipto Hands down, what a mod it is.
Keep it up man
JuniorJedi
Rating
Rating: 5
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Additional Comments:
Fantastic, solid mod for good old AoE1!
Rafael101 can you make mod for 200 pop in 5th legacy it's shame to have only 50...
can you raise pop cap please :)

Mod is fantastic ;)
The_Patriarck
File Author
You can change the population limit in "mod.ini" file in the 5thLegacy folder. AI won't build more than 50 units though. In the next update, 5thLegacy will be compatible with RockNROR, so the AI will adjust automatically to larger population limits.

[Edited on 01/06/19 @ 06:14 PM]

Rafael101 Thanks Man i hope then next edition will have improve AI. And my sugestion is to remove Myth civs like trojan and atlantian :)
The_Patriarck
File Author
You'll have to elaborate on improving the AI. If you're talking about the original 16 civilizations, they were left relatively untouched so players could enjoy a more classic, easier game.

[Edited on 01/06/19 @ 12:16 PM]

Plebius
Rating
Rating: 5
Easily the best AOE 1 mod I've ever played

Additional Comments:
The amount of new content and balance fixes in this mod is stunning. The notoriously overpowered units like Armored Elephants, Heavy Horse Archers and Chariot Archers have been toned down a bit, even the lowly Cataphract has been given a much needed buff. The new units like the Pharaoh Guard, Mercenary and Heavy Camel Rider increase the strategic depth. My favorite new unit is the Slave, it's clearly designed for anti-siege and they're also great for wiping out weaker units and buildings. There's also walkable farms, new random map types and new cheats. This is the king of AOE 1 mods.
IaMBraZiliaN is an incredible mod, congratulations for the excellent work! (;
Luna Lynn I've just posted a message below my 5th legacy scenario saying that I've set Trojan as red so please don't delete now though xD, well Patriack now that you say it, I was wondering about this item "trade workshop removal" or something like that, so that's it the items prohibiting techs! mmmm so a slinger removal tech item would be more relevant than a Architecture add tech item, I remember that in the 2 first scenario I created I also had this issue with wishing to have melee barracks units only without always having to pick assyrian or hittites :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:3,758
Favorites: [Who?]14