Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Rise of Rome: Single Player Scenarios
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Rise of Rome: Single Player Scenarios » Land of Canaan Map with Indigenous Powers

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Land of Canaan Map with Indigenous Powers

Author File Description
rakovsky
File Details
Difficulty: Easy-Mod
Version: Rise of Rome
Designer Name: Rakovsky
Scenario Title: Land of Canaan Map with Indigenous Powers
Scenario Version: 3.0
AoE or RoR: RoR
Date Submitted: June 24, 2019
Number of scenarios : 1
Difficulty: Easy-Medium
Number of Players: 6 (3 v. 3 Map)
Single or Multiplayer: Both
Acknowledgements: Mysterious guy, the designer of the geographical map.

----------------------------------

TEAMS AND THEIR CIVS:

3 v. 3 Map:
Player 1 (Blue): Israel (Assyrians Civ)
Player 2 (Red): Phoenicia
Player 7 (Grey): Egypt

VERSUS

Player 3 (Yellow) Philistines (Minoans Civ)
Player 4 (Brown) Canaanites (Phoenicians Civ),
Player 5 (Orange) Assyria

(Player 6 is inactive {just a war chest that Israel captures} and must be the computer.

-------------------------

DESCRIPTION

Mysterious guy's Player-less "Land of Canaan" geographical map was so impressive and realistic that this Scenario was made to include the Players that corresponded to the major cultural groups indigenous to this region:
The Israelites, Canaanites, Philistines, Egyptians, Phoenicians, and Assyrians.

In this playable version, the Players begin in their cultures' historical centers, there is a Story map, Instruction Screen messages, and berries near Jerusalem in order to balance the berry patches around the other starting cities. The Israelites also begin with the Ark of the Covenant as a decoration.

The whole map was a large one, which means that the game play best fits 6 players. To make victory for your Player quite achievable, the 6 Players are divided into two sides, which gives you two allies. Player 1 is the Israelites, but the other 5 Players are open and playable in Multiplayer.

Standard Victory conditions are used, so to win you can destroy the enemy forces, capture and hold the Ruins, or build a Wonder. My goal was for the map to be balanced so that an average player would find it average difficulty on a Medium Difficulty level. If you are an Advanced Player, it can still be enjoyable if you are looking for a more relaxed game with the help of allies.

Version 3 improves the Instruction Screen Map.

If you play with someone else online, they must also download this file. If he does and you get an error message saying that the other Player does not have the scenario, then either he did not paste it into the Scenario folder or else one of you is using the older version of this scenario. Both of you must be using the latest version for it to work.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
rakovsky
File Author
I made a discussion on whether the Israelites are better designated as the Assyrian or Phoenician Civilization here:
https://aoe.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=2&tn=6020&st=recent&f=2,6020,0,10

I beat it as P1 with "Upstairs" as P2 on my team against all other AI players on Moderate and then on Hardest.

With me as P1 and with Archer as P2 and rookp as P7 as my allies on Team 1, we beat Feroe as P3 and "TCM Bear Lv.12" (a top rate player!) as P4 and the AI as P5 on EASIEST as Team 2, with the Population set to 200 (P6 was the Assyrians as NEUTRAL, but it doesn't matter).

[Edited on 02/11/21 @ 07:07 PM]

rakovsky
File Author
For those who want to play on AOE:DE, the AOE:DE version is here:
https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/21399/

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?