Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Rise of Rome: Single Player Campaigns
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Rise of Rome: Single Player Campaigns » Nubia - In the Shadow of the Nile

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Nubia - In the Shadow of the Nile

Author File Description
Fisk
(id: Fruktfisk)
File Details
Number of Scenarios: 3
Difficulty: Mod-Hard
Version: Rise of Rome
Okay I already know there's one thing I'll want to update about this which is that I forgot to write out the time period the scenarios are set. I'll probably have to write it in the bitmaps as I filled out the story and history sections in some scenarios. Turns out the character limit for the instructions boxes is 4000 characters. Thanks for documenting this pretty basic knowledge of the game in your 23 years of existence AoEH. I mostly wrote the text during lunchbreaks while being distracted which is why it doesn't really have a cohesive thread. I also wrote so much irrelevant babble about being a scenario designer and whatnot which you probably don't care about but I tired my best to fit it in there anyway. Also I haven't proofread any of it.

I already know about the bug where the third scenario won't load saves. Or maybe that is just the already documented and fixed missile save bug rearing its face, I haven't checked. Either way nothing I can do about that, right?

I'm also not sure how balanced this is. Sometimes when playtesting I thought that players might consider this ridiculously unfair, but that might also be because of the AI learning (deleting my .uh file in the Learn folder at one point seemed to have a massive impact on the difficulty of the first scenario, maybe I should have included that in the upload? Yeah, but I guess players don't have to "install" them if they don't want. It might make the campaign harder.)

Oh yes, and once again this is a Hybrid Campaign, in which the first scenario is designed with the original AoE in mind and the two following it are meant to be played with the RoR Expansion (the second one is technically playable with AoE if you're feeling masochistic.)

As I said, I'm basically expecting to patch this at some point, but for the time being I think it's releaseworthy. So please report anything you find broken so that I may fix it when I do that. Oh, and have fun playing I suppose!

/Fisk
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Fisk
Staff
File Author
Thank you Phatfish for actually doing a basic playtest of my campaign which I really ought to have done myself to begin with.

As of the 25th of April this Campaign has been updated to v1.01, which brings changes mostly to the first scenario, changing the Victory conditions and adding a cataract on the Nile. I also didn't add the years on the bitmaps because apparently I didn't save the correct versions of those, so instead they're spread out wherever there was room in the text.

Finally, as some users experience stability issues on the third map, I have included the standalone scenario version of that map. Maybe you'll have better luck running it or possibly even figure out what's wrong.
Fisk
Staff
File Author
Version 1.02 fixes like a third of the typos, I think maybe it adds a flare to make the Nabta stones visible from the get-go, and it doesn't have the edits of the bad bitmaps I did in 1.01. Can I sleep now?
Fisk
Staff
File Author
v1.03 restores the score victory because it apparently worked fine and instead fixes the faulty instruction. It also makes it so that the player is more likely to have to engage Brown in combat.

Expect like 7 more patches as someone gives me feedback on the other 2 scenarios in here.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:508
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:1.22 MB
Added:04/14/20