Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Real World Maps
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Real World Maps » 8 real world maps, Version 2

Download File Post Review Post Comment

8 real world maps, Version 2

Author File Description
rakovsky Brainless_AOKH made 8 maps in 2001-2002 and he uploaded them in 2015. The maps are designed for playing in ROR 1.0A. Some like "#2 Eastern Meditteranean 500 BC" and "Yellow Sea" may not work in ROR 1.0.

Unfortunately, the 3rd map in the series, titled "#3 Meditteranean Sea 200 BC", was so defective that when Players copied the maps into their Scenarios folder, their games crashed. So Version 2 contains the map pack without that corrupt map. I am submitting this fixed file because people who download the original version got confused about the glitch map.

The set contains very realistic maps of classic locations. The first two maps, numbered 1 and 2, are made into two separate scenarios. Below I am listing the civilizations for each Player that you should set them to in the Multiplayer Staging area:

1 - the Middle East
_____#1 The Middle East - Persia - 8 player
1. Persia (Tool Age) & 4 Parthen/Parthia (Stone Age Macedonian) v.
2. Egypt (Bronze) 3. Assyria 5. India (Persia) 6. Scythen (Shang) 7. Grieken/Greece 8. Hettieten (Bronze Age Hittite)
I beat this map in Single Player on EASY. But on MUTLIPLAYER on AOE:ROR, it repeatedly crashed when I played with even 1 other Human and only 50 units on only Normal speed on Game Ranger and Voobly. Certainly it's because it has 8 Players, and I believe that it will work on AOE:DE based on past experience with Maps with 8 Players.

_____#1 The Middle East Region 800 BC
1. Persia v. 2. Egypt v. 3. Assyria v. 4. Bactria/Media (Babylonian)

2 - Eastern Mediterranean Sea
_____#2 Eastern Meditteranean - 8 player
1. Phoenicia (Carthaginian) v. 2. Egypt v. 3. Hittites v. 4. Babylon v. 5. Assyria v. 6. Crete (Minoan)
(It does not have "8 players".)
In this "8 real world maps, Version 2" map collection, I took the "original" version of the map http://aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=2547 and added the Players' Civs to the Instruction screen. The "original" version feels more stable on Multiplayer in ROR, but both versions are crash-prone on ROR. I beat it on Multiplayer on AOE DE, however.

_____#2 Eastern Meditteranean 500 BC
1. Phoenicia (Carthaginian) & 2. Egypt v.
3. Greek & 4. Persia

4 - Western Mediterranean Sea

5 - Aegean Sea (Greece)

6 - the Levant (Canaan)
_____#6 The Levant 1200 BC The teams are:
Player 1 (Israel, Babylonian) & Player 3 (Syria, Persia) vs.
Player 2 (Edom, Egypt) & Player 4 (Philistea, Carthage)

7 - the Yellow Sea (China and Korea)

8 - India
_____#8 India 150 AD)
Player 1. Gupta (begins with 99999 resources) & 3. Satavahaha. v.
Player 2. Kushans & 4. Satraps

You can read my review of the maps on their original page here:
http://aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=2547
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
No messages found

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:1,382
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:918.08 KB