Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Age of Empires: Single Player Scenarios
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Age of Empires: Single Player Scenarios » Mediterranean Conquest

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Mediterranean Conquest

Author File Description
Joseph Santurri
File Details
Difficulty: Moderate
This scenario will be the first level in a future campaign about the people of the Mediterranean area. Difficulty level : moderate In this Scenario you rule one of the (up to 8) Mediterranean Civilizations of ancient times, choose from Gaul, Rome, Greece, Egypt, the Golden Horde (yes even them), Persia, North Africa, or Carthage. Form alliances with your neighbors and together crush your enemies, become rich and powerful with the abundant resources or trade then build great armies and navies that will strike fear in friends and foes alike and lead them to total conquest over the known world! I have put tons of work into this huge detailed map and game layout to make it looks as close to the real thing while still fun to play. This is my second published scenario (the other being "Italy") this time I made every civilization even from the start (I agree with SpineMan about Italy.scn and I thank him for the review -although conquest is still the only way to win!): everybody starts out in the stone age with 300 food & wood and 200 stone & gold. Have Fun and let me know what you think. Multiplayer also : Yes
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
skald This is a really nice map of the Med, as the author says. There are shallows connecting the parts that would normally be separated by water, probably as a concession to the computer ai,which has difficulty crossing water.

I tried it first as Italy. Nothing much happened since everybody is neutral to everybody. I decided to reveal the map to watch all the computer players working. It was really neat to see them all set up trade routes with each other and get along together.

I felt exposed in Italy because, due to the size contraints of AoE maps, Italy is narrow enough for a catapult trireme to shoot all the way across. So I edited the scen to put myself up where the Golden Horde is, and I removed all the shallow trails to make the computer cross water honestly, not by walking across it.

Started the new version up and every other player immediately declared war. On me, not on each other. They all got along merrily trading and waltzing through each other's territory to get to my home site, where they continuously sent wave after wave of every unit imaginable against my towers and triremes.
Got tired of seeing them get wiped out and decided to call it off.

It seems it would be hard to set up a mighty trading empire when all 7 other players declare war on you. I'm not sure how to prevent this, it probably would take a custom ai or per to keep them from going immediately hostile.

This map is definitely worth downloading for the intricate craftsmanship alone.

[Edited on 06/29/08 @ 05:39 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:211
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:74.00 Bytes