Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Help with different ages in scenario editor
posted 12-18-05 08:36 PM EDT (US)   
Does anyone know how to change the age you start in in scenario editor? Ive been looking in all the menus but can't find it. Any help?
Replies:
posted 12-18-05 08:50 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
create a trigger with the action "player: set age", then just select it with numbers

I think that the 0 is for discovery, 1 for colonial, 2 for fortress, etc.

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
posted 12-19-05 00:22 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
Thanks. Its kind of stupid though, why did they make it so hard?
posted 12-19-05 00:48 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
They didn't make it hard, it's very easy, unless your an idiot .

Former level designer at Reverie World Studios.
I still do some levels for fun, though!
posted 12-19-05 01:26 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
Hey, be nice

It isnt exactly hard once you know how, but it could be simpler. In the rise of nations editor for example you could simply select the age, no trigger necessary.

It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache
posted 12-19-05 11:02 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
I had a little trouble with this myself when i first did it, be careful tho, if u make one trigger with say the age number 4 (imperial) then the player will advance straight to the imperial age, without buildings being upgraded (in look, i.e still wood instead of stone) to make the buildings upgrade aswell you need one effect for each age in order i.e
Effects:
Player: Set age
Player 1

Player 1

Player 1

Player 1

This will make player one advance straight to imperial age with the buildings upgrading aswell.

posted 12-19-05 11:24 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
They 'made it so hard', so to speak, because age advancement is LITERALLY the researching of a technology, thus it works like any other technology.

posted 12-20-05 11:09 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
Why not do what they did in AOK and let you specify in the player data window? I can understand why they didn't in AOM with gods and all, but honestly, why AOEIII?

"Republicans who did not play the patronage game were ridiculed as the Mugwumps for sitting on the fence--their "mugs" on one side of the fence and "wumps" on the other. Historians generally consider this era a low point in American politics."--United States History by John J. Newman and John M. Schmalbach
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Help with different ages in scenario editor
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames